I need a supplement to help me cope right now

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I tried the red maca before the gym. Again no rush during my workout. Felt really down in the dumps since. So I tried dlpa stacked with my aminos before bed, out of curiosity. So far so so good, since I woke up.
May be a little to personal so definitely don't answer if you dont want to. But how often do you have sex, and is it with a partner or hook ups? Reason why i ask is that, with women especially, hook ups can lead to and cause depression or make it worse. Whereas increase sex with partner can DRASTICALLY reduce depression.

Masterkai

Masterkai

Awards
Let me in on how your continuation of the red maca goes. I don't blame you for not seeking out medical help. Even though there is no shame in it, I wouldn't see a shrink either. Not on my death bed. In the meantime I will speak with a few holistic docs who are friends of mine and come up with the best approach I know of when dealing with these kinds of issues. You need healing from the inside out and new thoughts. We all do. Anyway, I'll pile up all my experience and others as well and send you some info. In the meantime please keep me updated. Be safe and take it easy.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Let me in on how your continuation of the red maca goes. I don't blame you for not seeking out medical help. Even though there is no shame in it, I wouldn't see a shrink either. Not on my death bed. In the meantime I will speak with a few holistic docs who are friends of mine and come up with the best approach I know of when dealing with these kinds of issues. You need healing from the inside out and new thoughts. We all do. Anyway, I'll pile up all my experience and others as well and send you some info. In the meantime please keep me updated. Be safe and take it easy.
I completely understand the aversion to going to see a shrink, but fears shouldn't be given control when you have a problem to solve. You aren't going to solve problems in life with a magical vitamin or powder. But if you want to believe in magic instead of dealing with your problems, then your problems will wait for you.

Think I am being a jerk? Go back to page 1 in July. Is what you are doing actually working? Do you feel better?

If it hasn't worked, will doing more of it work better? What do they call it when you keep trying the same thing, but expect a different result?

Do you actually WANT to feel better? Because most of our problems in life, we have because we choose them.

I know this may seem cold, but sometimes we need it straight and believing in magic only makes things worse.

Masterkai

Masterkai

Awards
I completely understand the aversion to going to see a shrink, but fears shouldn't be given control when you have a problem to solve. You aren't going to solve problems in life with a magical vitamin or powder. But if you want to believe in magic instead of dealing with your problems, then your problems will wait for you.

Think I am being a jerk? Go back to page 1 in July. Is what you are doing actually working? Do you feel better?

If it hasn't worked, will doing more of it work better? What do they call it when you keep trying the same thing, but expect a different result?

Do you actually WANT to feel better? Because most of our problems in life, we have because we choose them.

I know this may seem cold, but sometimes we need it straight and believing in magic only makes things worse.
Yeah I hear you loud and clear. I don't belive the OP is looking for a substance or medicine that will solve her problems. Or any "magic" medication. She's is just looking for something to take the edge off and distract her. While I agree this is only temporary, understand constantly bickering about her seeing someone isn't going to get through, as her mind isn't in balance at the moment. Things are out of homeostasis. I'm just glad she isn't drinking or turning to illegal drugs. She's coming to this community at anabolic minds. That's a good first step

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
May be a little to personal so definitely don't answer if you dont want to. But how often do you have sex, and is it with a partner or hook ups? Reason why i ask is that, with women especially, hook ups can lead to and cause depression or make it worse. Whereas increase sex with partner can DRASTICALLY reduce depression.
I haven't had sex in 2 years. Also I know that alone causes depression. I would honestly rather blow a guy than have sex. Gone many years in between without having sex.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't had sex in 2 years. Also I know that alone causes depression. I would honestly rather blow a guy than have sex. Gone many years in between without having sex.
I now truely believe that this could be a big part of your problem. Sex is a wonderful thing, and not just in the sense of the joy of it, what it does to your body and mind; when you have great sex with your partner it is literally enhances everything that your body does. Regular orgasmic sex has shown to reduce the effects of numerous of mental diseases, GREATLY reducing depression, increases immune system, and soooooooo much more.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Yes I know it causes depression. If they only sold that mood boost in a bottle.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I just can't stop thinking about her and what happened. How is l theanine? It's not the same thing as green tea right?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
how did the L-dopa + 5HTP trial go?

Id keep of stimulants that cause anxiety and stress.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I tried l dopa again before bed. Felt so lazy all day. I'm not gonna try that l dopa anymore. That's why I'm thinking of l theanine. Most green teas make me feel depressed. So I wondering if it's the same thing. I tried all different kinds for over two months. They all did it to me. Id try it and drop it and I know for a fact, it does that to me.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
The only issue I had with 5htp was a little weight gain. All the women I asked, said it causes weight gain. I was going to try it again anyway .
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1475072358.165430.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1475072396.099463.jpg
anybody tried this NADH? I have no idea if it's better than niacin but it looks good, if it really does that.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
It says nadh enhances production of dopamine, serotonin and noradrenaline.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried l dopa again before bed. Felt so lazy all day. I'm not gonna try that l dopa anymore. That's why I'm thinking of l theanine. Most green teas make me feel depressed. So I wondering if it's the same thing. I tried all different kinds for over two months. They all did it to me. Id try it and drop it and I know for a fact, it does that to me.
L theanine is NOT the same or even close to green tea. So you should be good to go. I would look into tianeptine.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried it?
Yes. Just like with 5htp and ldopa. It does nothing on its own. They do a great job at enhancing other things (weed for example). The reason for this is its not about increasing serotonin or dopamine. Its about strategically increase it in certain locations of the brain, that causes the desired benifits. Nahd ldopa and 5htp CANNOT do that, they just increase whole amounts of those hormones, which can actually be bad thing.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
L theanine is NOT the same or even close to green tea. So you should be good to go. I would look into tianeptine.
Is l theanine a mood booster? What brand do you guys like for that? Also I wish weed agreed with me but it doesn't. Probably would help me at this time, but it doesn't make me feel good.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is l theanine a mood booster? What brand do you guys like for that? Also I wish weed agreed with me but it doesn't. Probably would help me at this time, but it doesn't make me feel good.
I have the same problem, I get anxious and feel all weird when I smoke.

Have you ever tried different edibles from Colorado? i know they can make it to where they have different kinds of feels to them.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem, I get anxious and feel all weird when I smoke.

Have you ever tried different edibles from Colorado? i know they can make it to where they have different kinds of feels to them.
Need to stick to strains of pure indica then. It's sativa strains that can cause anxiety.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
tianeptine is a lifesaver for me at times
Where do you get this? I have tried editables to at different doses . Someone in the legal business of that, explained to me it's because I have to much thc already. That's why it happens.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Where do you get this? I have tried editables to at different doses . Someone in the legal business of that, explained to me it's because I have to much thc already. That's why it happens.
Check out the Stablon thread in the Nootropics section here

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well in regards to THC, sativa strains are stimulating, which is where the anxiety can come from. Personally I like hybrids like Gorilla Glue #4

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Google 5-HTP and weight gain and you will find information on that
Google 5-HTP and weight loss and you will find information on that

Moral: Don't trust Google and anecdotes.

Also, and I feel this needs to be emphasized, but if you are experiencing an abnormal amount of overwhelming sadness that time and the motions of grief simply won't help with, then seek medical help. I don't even know you and I can tell that none of these supplements are doing anything like what you'd hope they'd be able to do. The amount of posts of "I tried that but it didn't agree with me" indicates that you should not be self-medicating.

Do yourself a favor and see someone you can actually help you.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to use anti depressants. Yes I know it's a long shot, but I am just trying to function as best I can and it is Really hard for me. Talking to a therapist is not going to make me not feel the pain, any less. Crying on my way to the gym is no good for me. I'm not against therapy but I don't want to do that right now.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Seeing that photo list in the prior posts I saw Lithium listed. They sell Lithium Orate over the counter, not expensive, has a positive effect on mood and I think a better option than 5HTP.

I took it for a while last winter when I felt bluesy. I felt a bit of a lift, but I am taking AD's so its full effects could have been masked. You could consider trying that. I would definitely tell someone that you are taking it in case it makes you worse. Lithum had a long track record of success in treating mood disorders. The OTC orate version is not nearly as potent as the Pharma version. It is worth a shot.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I don't want to use anti depressants. Yes I know it's a long shot, but I am just trying to function as best I can and it is Really hard for me. Talking to a therapist is not going to make me not feel the pain, any less. Crying on my way to the gym is no good for me. I'm not against therapy but I don't want to do that right now.
Noone really wants to use these things, but it really just seems like you're on an endless journey of self medicating that is getting nowhere. Think about it for a moment. You started this thread a while ago and you are no closer to feeling any better. How many more days do you want to wake up with an overwhelming and happiness inhibiting sadness?
Can using a form of medication or seeing someone really be as hard as what you are putting yourself through day in and day out?

I say this with the utmost respect as well, but do strongly consider seeking another form of help as the cycle of being disappointed by supplements is becoming obvious

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
Lol self-medicating and complete disregard for mental health. Yeah, because doctors are so "bad" right? Yeah, nothing is more "evil" than pharmaceutical drugs right? If no OTC product is working, why haven't you come to the realization that you need psychiatric help?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with therapists. Psychologists that is. Psychiatrists only want to prescribe, but nothing wrong with talking about problems with a shrink. They're more qualified than anyone here to talk to.

Kaiyas_daddy

Awards
  • Established
E3 live brain on ... Google it. Awesome stuff for ppl who suffer with depression. Also good for those that don't either.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Thanks too most of you who, were not a jerk about the comments.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about your losses. I hope you are getting on OK

I haven't read through the whole thread, did you find something that helped?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks too most of you who, were not a jerk about the comments.
I will never treat anyone bad for anxiety or depression. I have suffered from it my entire, and it has been SIGNIFICANTLY increased from multiple concussions(football), and emotional abuse. So i get it and i want nothing the best the best for people going through a similar experiences and try to help them as much as i can.

If you ever need to feel free to pm to talk(dont need to but just thought i would offer)

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
life is hard I'm feeling pretty down as well my dad died in my last week of bootcamp he was gonna see me in five days... he had a massive heart attack at work and died on the way to the hospital. just last week i finished up all my training including bootcamp and a school. I'm home now and as a reservist i will be spending a lot of time home. being away from home helped me too keep my mind off things. now that I'm here all i can think about how hard and unfair life is. i keep the last letter he wrote me in my wallet at all times. personally myself what helps me the best in my mom brother gf and all my supporting friends. i always try and let it all out in the gym and i also supplement kratom which is nice.

hope you can find some peace

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've had some big losses myself in life. Lost my father when I was only 4yrs old and never got to know him, but I remember him somewhat. Broke it off with 2 fiances (and subsequently lost most hope of meeting a decent person). 3 of my dogs had died around 2 years of age from genetic issues / illness. Almost lost my mother not long ago. I definitely know what loss is, and endless stress. I'm looking to get myself a therapist soon just to talk about everything and let it all out. Both of my brothers had therapy when my father died, but I was too young, although I think it effected me pretty badly. So it's time to try to fix all of that.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I've had some big losses myself in life. Lost my father when I was only 4yrs old and never got to know him, but I remember him somewhat. Broke it off with 2 fiances (and subsequently lost most hope of meeting a decent person). 3 of my dogs had died around 2 years of age from genetic issues / illness. Almost lost my mother not long ago. I definitely know what loss is, and endless stress. I'm looking to get myself a therapist soon just to talk about everything and let it all out. Both of my brothers had therapy when my father died, but I was too young, although I think it effected me pretty badly. So it's time to try to fix all of that.
one thing about this forum, you really get to know people. I am sorry to hear about your father; that had to have been tough. as well as everything else you have been through.

with that being said, dont be to hard on yourself because you realize the situation and want to do something about it. That alone is a challenge that most refuse to face

I guess in a way, this is a good outlet and some sort of therapy for you as well as most of us. myself included

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will never treat anyone bad for anxiety or depression. I have suffered from it my entire, and it has been SIGNIFICANTLY increased from multiple concussions(football), and emotional abuse. So i get it and i want nothing the best the best for people going through a similar experiences and try to help them as much as i can.

If you ever need to feel free to pm to talk(dont need to but just thought i would offer)
You are 100% correct - no one should be treated poorly for having these issues. I do, however, think that just about everyone in this thread is trying to help the OP and does have respect. Go back to the beginning of this thread and notice where I posted, months ago, that she would be chasing the rabbit down this hole with one supplement after the next, after the next. This is not an issue that some supplement can help. It just isn't responsible to support her beliefs in this way.

The truth is, the OP has gone through something devastating to begin with, and it sounds like she has more issues with her relationship with her mom beyond that. She really needs to find someone in real life to talk to - an internet forum and supplements are not going to help, and I think some of us really hate to see her going through this, when we know it won't work.

Further, she's messing with supplements that can mess with neurotransmitters - in a way that is rather random. It isn't about just increasing dopamine or seratonin, it's about a balance and it's much more complex than anyone here is letting on. How much are you increasing these substances? Are you just increasing dopamine? Just seratonin? Both? How would she know, the stuff she is taking may or may not convert at any imaginable rate.

What the majority of us here want is for her to seek someone to talk to that can actually help. I know this can be very scary for someone (including myself) - I don't want to talk to someone about my most raw feelings. I don't know how to present them, and digging them up can be hard enough. But that's why there are professionals, they know how to help you bring them up and find ways to deal with them.

And no one can make anyone take an anti-depressant. If she goes to a psychologist and they recommend something, it's her decision to listen and she can always find another doctor to talk to.

This thread started MONTHS ago, and the OP hasn't seen improvement. I REALLY want to help, but the best advice she is going to get on the internet is the advice she doesn't want to hear. I hope she finds relief soon.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
life is hard I'm feeling pretty down as well my dad died in my last week of bootcamp he was gonna see me in five days... he had a massive heart attack at work and died on the way to the hospital. just last week i finished up all my training including bootcamp and a school. I'm home now and as a reservist i will be spending a lot of time home. being away from home helped me too keep my mind off things. now that I'm here all i can think about how hard and unfair life is. i keep the last letter he wrote me in my wallet at all times. personally myself what helps me the best in my mom brother gf and all my supporting friends. i always try and let it all out in the gym and i also supplement kratom which is nice.

hope you can find some peace
It's really hard to ignore the pain of losing pets and parents.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's really hard to ignore the pain of losing pets and parents.
TRy talking to someone, its not something to be ashamed of, I lost my brother xmas day 2014, speaking to someone helped me

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I would like to hear other people talk about this too, in this thread. I have one ex I have became friends with again, after I found out his mother died. He was the biggest mama's boy I met, so I really felt for him. She raised him good.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I haven't been depressed in my life thank God but my wife had suffered through it many times. She's 100x better now. I learned a lot about it and how destructive it can get and how much it affects the people around you. If I learned anything from this experience having a really close friend/good family support beats out any psychiatric help and drugs. I hope you find someone to be with you OP. Everyone deserves a strong support group during hard times. Also, not everyone's going to agree but religion helps for this situation at times. One of my best buds did so and bounced back incredibly well.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to hear other people talk about this too, in this thread. I have one ex I have became friends with again, after I found out his mother died. He was the biggest mama's boy I met, so I really felt for him. She raised him good.
I would love to share more on my story to help you but im not emotionally able to yet, and i don't know if i ever will be.

Its made me for cold, ruined every relationship ive been in, its prevented me from opening up to ANYONE, and has made even friendship hard, and even impossible for friendship thats beyond meaningless small talk and jokes and the occasional party, i cant handle groups.

So please dont be like me talk to someone before it does the same to you. As much as you dont think it will, i promise without the proper help it most definitely can do the same; and once you crwal down the rabbits hole its hard to get out. Even with professional help and medications i have only found it to make a minimal difference. Its much easy to deal with the early.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are 100% correct - no one should be treated poorly for having these issues. I do, however, think that just about everyone in this thread is trying to help the OP and does have respect. Go back to the beginning of this thread and notice where I posted, months ago, that she would be chasing the rabbit down this hole with one supplement after the next, after the next. This is not an issue that some supplement can help. It just isn't responsible to support her beliefs in this way.

The truth is, the OP has gone through something devastating to begin with, and it sounds like she has more issues with her relationship with her mom beyond that. She really needs to find someone in real life to talk to - an internet forum and supplements are not going to help, and I think some of us really hate to see her going through this, when we know it won't work.

Further, she's messing with supplements that can mess with neurotransmitters - in a way that is rather random. It isn't about just increasing dopamine or seratonin, it's about a balance and it's much more complex than anyone here is letting on. How much are you increasing these substances? Are you just increasing dopamine? Just seratonin? Both? How would she know, the stuff she is taking may or may not convert at any imaginable rate.

What the majority of us here want is for her to seek someone to talk to that can actually help. I know this can be very scary for someone (including myself) - I don't want to talk to someone about my most raw feelings. I don't know how to present them, and digging them up can be hard enough. But that's why there are professionals, they know how to help you bring them up and find ways to deal with them.

And no one can make anyone take an anti-depressant. If she goes to a psychologist and they recommend something, it's her decision to listen and she can always find another doctor to talk to.

This thread started MONTHS ago, and the OP hasn't seen improvement. I REALLY want to help, but the best advice she is going to get on the internet is the advice she doesn't want to hear. I hope she finds relief soon.
I just wanted to quote this because it is exactly what I have been thinking and I really think it is written well and to the point.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
The theanine is good and helping. I like in powder form. I got the thing I wanted the most November 9. Had a horrible year, and am happy to report, it's helping. Today is my mothers birthday. She is with god, and she loved him, more than anything.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Josun, I hope you are well. You have not responded to my messages. It's not easy, and I am sorry.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The theanine is good and helping. I like in powder form. I got the thing I wanted the most November 9. Had a horrible year, and am happy to report, it's helping. Today is my mothers birthday. She is with god, and she loved him, more than anything.
God bless your mum and happy birthday to her! I am sure she will be celebrating up there!

Theanine is not something I am familiar with, is it relieving anxiety ?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
That's good to hear :)

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Do you like this on empty stomach or with food? I take during the day, so I don't want to get tired. Just wondering if you take with food or empty stomach?