How long can frozen chicken be left out for?

whosurmama

Awards
I had some chicken in the freezer that I wanted to cook for lunch the next day. So i took it out of the freezer when I got home from work at 5. but i fell asleep and forgot to cook and it sat out all night. Is it still good or should I toss it?

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
It should be alright. Ideally you should thaw meat in the fridge 24hrs prior to use

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
I had some chicken in the freezer that I wanted to cook for lunch the next day. So i took it out of the freezer when I got home from work at 5. but i fell asleep and forgot to cook and it sat out all night. Is it still good or should I toss it?
Unless you have a weak stomach and digestive problems you should be okay to cook that chicken.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Toss it. Why the heck are people saying its ok? Bacteria grows at that temperature (hence the invention of fridges to minimalise bacterial growth).

Might be too late, but next time, toss it.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
left out all night? throw it away

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Throw it away. I acquired my ServeSafe license and one of the big things they teach you is that there are only 3 safe ways to thaw meat

-refrigerator

-microwaving it

-leave it under running COLD water

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Lol wasting perfectly good chicken. Kids in Africa would have killed each other over that night old chicken.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Throw it away. I acquired my ServeSafe license and one of the big things they teach you is that there are only 3 safe ways to thaw meat

-refrigerator

-microwaving it

-leave it under running COLD water
That's because of resteraunt liability and public health they take those high precautions. It's moron proof set standard so the public had less chance of receiving tainted meat because alot of people don't have the care or common sense on their own to make safe decisions. In your home you can be more lenient. Yes bacteria grows at a certain temp but cooked properly if left out that long will kill the harmful elements. That's not saying let the meat sit in the sun all day and thaw then forget and eat it the next day but if its left in the sink 12 hours thawing on its own then you cook it till the internal temp is160* then it's fine. No harm in being over cautious but use within reason and you'll be fine.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
According to some here i should be dead by now lol.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
According to some here i should be dead by now lol.
we are not saying he will die if he its eat we are just saying why risk getting sick?

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
That's because of resteraunt liability and public health they take those high precautions. It's moron proof set standard so the public had less chance of receiving tainted meat because alot of people don't have the care or common sense on their own to make safe decisions. In your home you can be more lenient. Yes bacteria grows at a certain temp but cooked properly if left out that long will kill the harmful elements. That's not saying let the meat sit in the sun all day and thaw then forget and eat it the next day but if its left in the sink 12 hours thawing on its own then you cook it till the internal temp is160* then it's fine. No harm in being over cautious but use within reason and you'll be fine.
No you're absolutely right and I am certainly more lenient at my house as I often thaw meat by leaving it on the counter for a few hours I was just merely trying to point it out for reference.

However, in his situation I would likely throw it away as imo that's too long to leave meat out but that's just me.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
If it was a $16 steak I would probably cook it lol but a chicken breast that cost probably $2..why risk it?

TexasGuy

Awards
Toss it. The ****s, missed training days, no diet to speak of for days and a raw ass hole aren't worth salvaging a chicken breast. I feel as sorry for hungry third world people as the next guy but they weren't going to eat your chicken anyways.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Toss it. The ****s, missed training days, no diet to speak of for days and a raw ass hole aren't worth salvaging a chicken breast. I feel as sorry for hungry third world people as the next guy but they weren't going to eat your chicken anyways.
I like tossing my chicken and I favor it being in the mouths of exotic women from third world countries ;-)

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
why is this thread still going???

TexasGuy

Awards
I like tossing my chicken and I favor it being in the mouths of exotic women from third world countries ;-)
In Calgary, strippers wear belts with a magnet where the buckle should be. Since they use coins for small bills, you try to hit the magnet and some times you can bean them right on the ***** and then order fresh chicken from the kitchen.

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
****ing genius idea with the magnets.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
In Calgary, strippers wear belts with a magnet where the buckle should be. Since they use coins for small bills, you try to hit the magnet and some times you can bean them right on the ***** and then order fresh chicken from the kitchen.
What?! Lmao! Are you serious? This I gotta try!

TexasGuy

Awards
What?! Lmao! Are you serious? This I gotta try!
Yep.

I forget the name of the place because any time I've been I was completely hammered before getting there (I hate to say it but Canadian beer is actually better, our microbrews are catching up) but I remember a large pair of plastic tits out front, facing the street. I want to say it's within walking distance from The Sandman Hotel downtown but it's entirely possible we took a train and I forgot.

The best part is that when they want their tip, they literally have to stick their pussies out at you to position the belt correctly. You can really zing them.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
What's with the fresh chicken though? I don't see where food comes into play with this or why. Not that it doesn't make it sound like an even better time... And yes Canadian beer is the ****!

TexasGuy

Awards
What's with the fresh chicken though? I don't see where food comes into play with this or why. Not that it doesn't make it sound like an even better time... And yes Canadian beer is the ****!
Opposing the OPs dirty chicken.