Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This much I will offer.

Among the three most highly disputed issues about which people tend to have vastly polarized conclusions are:

1. Adrenal Fatigue - is it real, does it exist. I am inclined to believe it does, and feel that I may have some of the symptoms;
2. Glutamine - is it a worthwhile supplement?;
3. Magnesium "Oil" and whether it increases DHEA.

Back to our regularly schedule thread .....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, cool. I don't feel that misinformed then, because I felt it was real regardless of what I was being told.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Magnesium in general has a positive effect on neurotransmitters(namely GABA), hormones (including Free Test) and voltage-gated channels.
Thank you.

But there sure does seem to be a lot of dissension on it, doesn't there?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This much I will offer.

Among the three most highly disputed issues about which people tend to have vastly polarized conclusions are:

1. Adrenal Fatigue - is it real, does it exist. I am inclined to believe it does, and feel that I may have some of the symptoms;
2. Glutamine - is it a worthwhile supplement?;
3. Magnesium "Oil" and whether it increases DHEA.

Back to our regularly schedule thread .....
#2 is hardly debated anymore.

#3 I've never heard of nor seen debated.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Adrenal Fatigue is real, but its manifestations can be different, depending on the physiology of that person.
It's really a state of elevated adrenaline, cortisol and ACTH over time that leads to a "burn out", which causes CNS depression and glutamate levels to rise...
Leading to inflammation, fatigue etc
from what i read adrenal 'fatigue' is considered such a mild form of adrenal 'insufficiency' that it doesn't show up on existing blood tests...maybe in the future more sensitive tests will reveal it to be a true medical condition, until then they will continue to look at other causes of syptoms such as depession or fibromyalgia.

if those conditions manifest[elevated hormones] then from what i understand it would be considered adrenal insufficiency rather than adrenal fatigue?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Adrenal Fatigue is real, but its manifestations can be different, depending on the physiology of that person.
It's really a state of elevated adrenaline, cortisol and ACTH over time that leads to a "burn out", which causes CNS depression and glutamate levels to rise...
Those are not caused by 'adrenal fatigue'. Adrenal fatigue is not a real condition. Synapsin is not your average board member either ;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is this why people with Cushing's and pheochromocytomas get burn out?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
from what i read adrenal 'fatigue' is considered such a mild form of adrenal 'insufficiency' that it doesn't show up on existing blood tests...maybe in the future more sensitive tests will reveal it to be a true medical condition, until then they will continue to look at other causes of syptoms such as depession or fibromyalgia.

if those conditions manifest[elevated hormones] then from what i understand it would be considered adrenal insufficiency rather than adrenal fatigue?
The condition you are describing is occurring at the level of the receptor and induced CYP enzymes of the liver. It won't show up on a blood panel, because it is indeed not adrenal insufficiency

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
The condition you are describing is occurring at the level of the receptor and induced CYP enzymes of the liver. It won't show up on a blood panel, because it is indeed not adrenal insufficiency

So how do you call it when your cortisol salvia test is low??
Mine was under the line, during all day.
And yes all my other tests are fine and no doc will tell that I have adrenal problem. But still I battle with lethargy and fatigue.
I do think that adrenal fatigue pushed this days to sell supps. But to tell that there is no such thing as improper adrenal function besides Addison or Cushing is totally wrong.

mirra250

mirra250

Awards
So how do you call it when your cortisol salvia test is low?? Mine was under the line, during all day. And yes all my other tests are fine and no doc will tell that I have adrenal problem. But still I battle with lethargy and fatigue. I do think that adrenal fatigue pushed this days to sell supps. But to tell that there is no such thing as improper adrenal function besides Addison or Cushing is totally wrong.
I don't think salivary cortisol is reliable enough to make any major diagnosis anyway? Have you had serum cortisol levels? And a Synacthen test?

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
I don't think salivary cortisol is reliable enough to make any major diagnosis anyway? Have you had serum cortisol levels? And a Synacthen test?
I think I did but it was like 10 years ago I think it was within the range but I'm not sure.
Anyway. I know that most salivary hormones tests are not reliable. But according to my research for cortisol this is accurate test.
Also I remember that The Matrix from anti aging board, who seems knowledgeable in this area alway advocated 4 point salivary test.
Many times it doesn't mean that your adrenals fatigue but it could point you that you have some other issues that have harsh influence on adrenals function.

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
How many tests did you do in one day? Did you use multiple labs? o_O
Low cortisol isn't as bad as high cortisol if it is an isolated factor imho.The problem is when people look at hormones, they tend to get narrow-minded.Everything has to be looked at, if everything else is normal, I wouldn't worry about low cortisol.Your white count might be altered a bit...but that's about it.

Yes I see your point. But believe me I didn't paid a lot of money just because I was bored and decided to check my cortisol :)
Any way you do collect your salivary samples during one day. On each sample there is time during the day. Then you send all four to the lab for the diagnosis. Basically the cortisol suppose to be hight during the morning and as the days progress it getting lower. This is the normal cortisol cycle. Mine was low during all day. I remember feeling like crap during that day, lethargy and headaches. So I believe this test is accurate.

abudabu

Awards
  • Established
Low cortisol itself though shouldn't cause issues, remember that the goal of many bodybuilders is to "lower cortisol".
Maybe you have a bigger problem with your autonomic nervous system...
Have you tried Zinc + Magnesium + Calcium for your headaches?
Remeron also is good for a host of issues, but its prescription only.

For energy you could try adaptogen complex; Cordygen Ultra VO2, also products with astragalus tend to help in general, especially with "adrenal fatigue"..
Again ... Cortisol is also a good thing. Bodybuilders lower it for short period of time and it is still within the range.
You have a good eye on things :)
I'm also thinking that my problem is some kind if disorder with nervous system or maybe some kind of hidden inflammation. The problem is where I came from docs to lazy or not knowledgable enough to try and figure what's wrong. So I'm basically on my own. :)

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
wed will finish my bottle of inhibit-p.. will do my blood tests next monday, curious about the results.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
could it be that syptoms that people think of as adrenal fatigue would one day actually be diagnosed as a legitimate condition?

i remember when there was no blood test for hepatitis, that doesn't mean it didn't exit

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So how do you call it when your cortisol salvia test is low??
Mine was under the line, during all day.
And yes all my other tests are fine and no doc will tell that I have adrenal problem. But still I battle with lethargy and fatigue.
I do think that adrenal fatigue pushed this days to sell supps. But to tell that there is no such thing as improper adrenal function besides Addison or Cushing is totally wrong.
Lol yes, such a statement would be VERY wrong. There are hundreds of adrenal diseases. But adrenal fatigue isn't one of them

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
could it be that syptoms that people think of as adrenal fatigue would one day actually be diagnosed as a legitimate condition?

i remember when there was no blood test for hepatitis, that doesn't mean it didn't exit
It is possible. The etiology is already fairly well known, I'm just not sure medicine will refer to this as a "disease"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is possible. The etiology is already fairly well known, I'm just not sure medicine will refer to this as a "disease"
it does seem like it is a fine line...as always your input is appreciated!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is America, everything is going to be a disease eventually because people want to be able to say anything wrong with them is not their fault.
that just might be the most under-rated statement i have read in a long time....the nail got hammered!!!!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Synapsin...isn't there some loophole so your company can begin making some form of piracetam again? Come on bruh.
Unfortunately not :( I'm glad we did a run while we did though, I stocked up and enjoyed myself.