High prolactin

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
L-dopa + pyridoxal phosphate >>> dopamine + pyridoxal phosphate + CO2

So for dopamine biosynthesis from L-dopa, pyridoxal phosphate is essential.
Brah, it's been proven. A high quality L-Dopa product is superior for PRL control when compared to Dopa/B6. This isn't opinion or anecdotal evidence anymore. Same reason clinical applications tell you not to dose B6 with L-Dopa...

I'm sure you're familiar with mr.cooper69 aka. Cyrus?

Alright, I am going to quote Cy word for word from the text messages

It started on here, he stated that he "preferred dopadex", when compared to L-Dopa/P5P together.

And straight from the text messages "Using l-dopa with p5p is not optimal"

I confirmed with him before I posted this to make sure it was ok
You should not administer B6 with L-Dopa if you want L-Dopa to take on its full effects.

L-Dopa converts to Dopamine. Dopamine cannot cross the blood brain barrier. If you arent increasing brain dopamine levels, how are you doing anything for hormone release?

So, you want the conversion of L-Dopa to Dopamine to occur in the brain, NOT outside of the brain. When you combine B6 with L-Dopa it does in fact enhance this conversion, but it makes more of it happen OUTSIDE of the brain, not inside. So B6 makes L-Dopa less effective for bodybuilding purposes.

Inhibition of l-Dopa-Induced Growth Hormone Stimulation by Pyridoxine and Chlorpromazine

Abstract

One gram of l-dopa was administered orally to 12 male control subjects and induced an increase of growth hormone (GH) secretion. The l-dopa-induced GH response was inhibited by an intravenous infusion of pyridoxine, but pyridoxine did not inhibit the GH response to hypoglycemia. Chlorpromazine also inhibited l-dopa-induced GH stimulation. Glucose concentrations were unaffected by l-dopa, chlorpromazine, and pyridoxine administration in these subjects. The mechanism of the suppressed l-dopa-induced GH response by pyridoxine appears to be mediated by peripheral acceleration of the conversion of l-dopa to dopamine, while that of chlorpromazine appears to be mediated through hypothalamic centers. Pyridoxine and chlorpromazine should be added to the list of other factors affecting the response to L-dopa-induced GH stimulation.

Failure of vitamin B6 to reverse the l-dopa effect in patients on a dopa decarboxylase inhibitor

Abstract

Seven patients with Parkinsonism previously on l-dopa were placed on a regimen of l-dopa and alpha methyl dopa hydrazine (a dopa decarboxylase inhibitor). Two of these patients had previously shown marked clinical deterioration of the l-dopa improvement when given pyridoxine. None of the seven patients receiving alpha methyl dopa hydrazine demonstrated any change in their condition when given pyridoxine. The failure of vitamin B6 to reverse the clinical effect of l-dopa in patients receiving both l-dopa and a peripheral dopa decarboxylase inhibitor suggests that reversal of the l-dopa effect induced by vitamin B6 is due to increasing the activity of the enzyme dopa decarboxylase outside the central nervous system.

ON THE MECHANISM OF THE NULLIFICATION OF CNS EFFECTS OF l-DOPA BY PYRIDOXINE IN PARKINSONIAN PATIENTS

Abstract

Administration of either Levodopa (l-DOPA) or pyridoxine increased the concentration of dopamine in the basal ganglia of rats. However, administration of pyridoxine to rats pretreated with l-DOPA for several days resulted in a reversal of the l-DOPA-induced elevation of dopamine. Pretreatment of rats with Ro 4-4602 (an inhibitor of peripheral aromatic amino acid decarboxylases) enhanced the l-DOPA-induced rise in the CNS level of dopamine. This effect was also reduced substantially after the administration of pyridoxine. We interpret these results to indicate that the antagonistic effect of pyridoxine on the beneficial effects of l-DOPA in the CNS is centrally mediated as a result of decreased formation of dopamine.

Now you're asking: If P5P crosses blood brain barrier and so does L-Dopa shouldn't it enhance dopamine formation on both sides?

Yes, but, it also increases Dopamine conversion OUTSIDE the BBB by a much larger amount (more blood outside the brain than inside) so the net effect is negative. That's why you want an L-Dopa source that includes a decarboxylase inhibitor. Bulk 1-Carboxy from USP has that, and is a much more concentrated source of L-Dopa than just straight Mucuna. Decarboxylase inhibitors prevent excess conversion within the body.
Now for the complications. (Aren't there always complications
in life?) The final reaction to the neurotransmitter in both the
case of dopamine and serotonin, is decarboxylation, and the same
enzyme (the aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase) is involved in
both conversions. This decarboxylase enzyme is present in the
liver, and it acts in the case of L-DOPA to convert the compound
to dopamine before it can make it into the brain (and if this
happens, the L-DOPA is wasted). The decarboxylase enzyme uses B6
as a cofactor for this reaction, and for this reason a
Parkinson's disease patient taking L-DOPA cannot take more than
the RDA of B6, because doing so would act to neutralize
oral L-DOPA too quickly. These days, almost all Parkinson's
patients on L-DOPA take the drug in a combination with an
artificial decarboxylase inhibitor, called Carbidopa (the
combination is called Sinemet). But even with Carbidopa,
Parkinson's patients are advised not to exceed a daily dose of B6
of 25 mg, since more will overwhelm the Carbidopa effect, and
cause pharmacologic L-DOPA to be destroyed in the liver before it
can get into the brain.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If you're quoting mr.cooper, then I can too ;)

Cooper states [http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/216646-how-much-l-2.html]]

"Have you looked at the dose of l-dopa in the product? It is not the primary modality (Vitex is the major player here, which has clinical use in controlling prolactin at the suggested dose). L-dopa and p5p are in the product to ensure that the user is not deficient in major substrates for dopamine synthesis, as deficiency in dopamine can cause dysregulation of prolactin. Side effects from peripheral decarboxylation at the dose of l-dopa used should be non-existent, and no, you will not get full-on dopamine synthesis outside of the CNS with both substrates being totally consumed. There is a study on this dosing pattern, and it is merely a percentage that undergoes peripheral decarboxylation (again, a non-issue at this dose of l-dopa, especially with Vitex being present in the formula).

Also, the testboosting/GH boosting effects of mucuna are not isolated to l-dopa by any means. In fact, l-dopa vs mucuna studies show pretty different results in terms of hormones in subjects. Hence the 50% and not 99% extract, as other useful constituents are present"

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
The cool thing about my quote from him? Post-SNS repping

But, if your moral compass is that ****ed up to push an inferior product to meet post quota, than by all means, as you were.

brb studies dont mean **** on anabolic minds...

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Again, he was with SNS at the time.

Have you looked into working for axis labs?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

What is it with people and turning this into an insult contest simply because I rebutted your points using the same source.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is it with people and turning this into an insult contest simply because I rebutted your points using the same source.
People don't like to have real debates. They think they do but they really don't.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
And now he is with PES so the same logic could apply to the Dopadex
Fair point, so lets negate that source as it tends to sway. We'll stick to studies and what not

I recall posting studies and clinical data, I have yet to see the same from you

Reactions: mw1
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Fair point, so lets negate that source as it tends to sway. We'll stick to studies and what not
As an aside, I think you're sig is meant to say Team En Vivo? Or is that a new crew?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
I was just havin some fun picking on cyrus and them :shrug:

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

So are you saying nothing Cyrus says about a product the current company he reps for holds any water?

Was he lying?

Should I disregard all his posts about PES products?

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
So are you saying nothing Cyrus says about a product the current company he reps for holds any water?

Was he lying?

Should I disregard all his posts about PES products?
I'd be wrong to say either way.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey there.

Dissociation of growth hormone and prolactin response to levodopa during pyridoxine administration.

AuthorsDelitala G, et al. Show all Journal
Biomedicine. 1977 Jul;27(6):219-22.

Affiliation
Abstract
500 mg of levodopa was administered orally to 8 normal subjects and induced an increase of growth hormone (GH) and a decrease of prolactin (PRL) secretion. The levodopa-induced GH release was inhibited by an intravenous infusion of pyridoxine; on the contrary, the PRL response to levodopa was enhanced by pyridoxine infusion. This dissociation of GH and PRL responses to levodopa during pyridoxine infusion appears to be mediated by peripheral acceleration of the conversion of levodopa to dopamine. Since dopamine does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier, the enhanced PRL decrease observed during pyridoxine infusion might be explained only on the basis of a mechanism of action exerted by dopamine on extra blood-brain barrier sites.
L-Dopa + B6 = Less GH increase
L-Dopa + B6 = Greater Prolactin decrease.

Tell me again why dopadex would be better for Prolactin reduction?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I don't think I'm going to import am illegal product in my country :/
Oh its illegal where you are? Hmm. Ill see what I can suggest as an alternative

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Yea. I could order it from amazon uk but idk if there would be any risk in that
There are at least 2 UK merchants selling L-DOPA products that are 98% or 99% Mucuna extract.

Why is it so hard for you to type in Google "buy dopadex uk" and look at first few results to find an UK seller?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yea. I could order it from amazon uk but idk if there would be any risk in that
If its illegal, then your customs may seize it.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just buy b6 and vitex if l-dopa is banned Im your country.

Simple.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I swear that simply the word Google needs to be in a sticky. Typing in Vitex pulls up everything you could want to know. Same for just about any other supplement or product in question.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
2 days ago I did another check just for prolactin..
My first result (a couple months ago) was 51.7 ng/ml.. now is 42.6 ng/ml..
So I guess I should take care of it. All my other blood test were fine.

LiGHts Out contains 500mg of pure L-Dopa per 2/pills. Lower % extracts like our 50% don't present the same side effects as higher % extracts which is a huge benefit. Definitely give it a look over.
So I found this product here.. 42euros (crazy..)
Also found Activate Xtreme (and a few of other "blends", but IDK exactly how much dopa is in there.. the price is almost the same
The alternative would be to buy dopadex from nutraplanet and hope customs won't stop it
And I already take 30mg of vitamin B6, is it enough?

also i see "standardized at X%", what does it means? higher it is better it is?

btw i was reading around and i found that bromocriptine and cabergoline are the most used to cure hyperprolactin

I ran 2 times osta rx last year.. could it be the reason of my high prolactine?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
So what you guys suggest for PERMANENT prolacitine decrease? I'm not looking into something that "hide" the problem..

-Buy just l-dopa
-Buy a blend as Dopadex, Inhibit-P, Prolactone, Lights Out,... (which one is better)?
-Something more pharmaceutical as Cabergoline

Cogy

Awards
''''I ran 2 times osta rx last year.. could it be the reason of my high prolactine?''

I'm interested in this as well

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So what you guys suggest for PERMANENT prolacitine decrease? I'm not looking into something that "hide" the problem..

-Buy just l-dopa
-Buy a blend as Dopadex, Inhibit-P, Prolactone, Lights Out,... (which one is better)?
-Something more pharmaceutical as Cabergoline
of the ones you have listed inhibit-p is the only one i have tried.....i have used it several times and been satisfied with results, hence why i continue to buy and use it!!!

the science guys can argue it out, but results speak volumes!!!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In the end, then the science shows the combo found in inhibit p to work excellent For prolactin reduction.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Inhibit-P is the definitely the product you're looking for.

You'll experience better results than with L-dopa alone.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In the end, then the science shows the combo found in inhibit p to work excellent For prolactin reduction.
in the end frankly i don't give a damn.....what matters is it works in the real world, at least it did for me!!!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in the end frankly i don't give a damn.....what matters is it works in the real world, at least it did for me!!!
Works for me too. I use it every pct, regardless of compounds.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Works for me too. I use it every pct, regardless of compounds.
trt..no pct's, but i use it every so often just to keep things in check...nice libido boost also, at least for me!!!

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Inhibit-P is the definitely the product you're looking for.

You'll experience better results than with L-dopa alone.
are the effects permanent?
I mean will my prolactin be fine after running this or is a supp I have to take always to keep my prolactin in normal range?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
of the ones you have listed inhibit-p is the only one i have tried.....i have used it several times and been satisfied with results, hence why i continue to buy and use it!!!

the science guys can argue it out, but results speak volumes!!!
Thanks for your support thebigt!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I mean will my prolactin be fine after running this or is a supp I have to take always to keep my prolactin in normal range?
Why permanent? You seriously do not want to cause permanent disruption to hormonal balance. Read about what it does (not just produce milk in females) and then decide if permanent reduction is safe.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Why permanent? You seriously do not want to cause permanent disruption to hormonal balance. Read about what it does (not just produce milk in females) and then decide if permanent reduction is safe.
Dude my prolactin level is over 40ng/ml

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Dude my prolactin level is over 40ng/ml
Yeah I see that, but there is likely an underlying issue as to why that is the case. You self medicating/ causing permanent disruption without guidance from a medical professional is not the best route to take.

I suggest managing it first then seeking to find the root cause of the issue.

Not trying to be an a**; just trying to let you know that your actions may have unintended and drastic consequences if the decrease ends up being below normal physiological values.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I see that, but there is likely an underlying issue as to why that is the case. You self medicating/ causing permanent disruption without guidance from a medical professional is not the best route to take.

I suggest managing it first then seeking to find the root cause of the issue.

Not trying to be an a**; just trying to let you know that your actions may have unintended and drastic consequences if the decrease ends up being below normal physiological values.
ill try to talk to my ex personal trainer.. My doc is an idiot.
Btw i was figuring that of i have high prolactin i just have to take it down and that's it. Especially cause my other blood tests are just fine

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
ill try to talk to my ex personal trainer.. My doc is an idiot.
Btw i was figuring that of i have high prolactin i just have to take it down and that's it. Especially cause my other blood tests are just fine
PT's don't tend to learn about these kind of things though and so a lot of what they say is re-hashed bro science or their personal views on the subject which has very little evidence grounded in science.

Not to knock or anything, but hormones and hormonal balance is what a Doc studies whereas a PT is not in the field of diagnosing any condition and therefore should not be sought out to diagnose anything.

I've spoken to PT's who, when asked what can be used to get bigger, often reply "creatine, protein, or Trib" which to me are silly responses. If they don't understand te basics, I wouldn't be seeking them out for medical help.

This doesn't extend to all PT's obviously, as each have varying levels of qualifications and an understanding of physiological concepts (think: Ben Carpenter, ZiR Red, Rodja [if he's a PT or trainer] etc.); those guys I would trust to give me well thought out and detailed responses whereas others shouldn't attempt to give advise which could be construed as a medical opinion.

Hopefully Coop, Synapsin, Alexander or someone else of their caliber will chime in and give you advice on the best route to take.

Just want to ensure you don't do anything that may impact you long term. :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
a prolactinoma is a benign tumor of the pituitary gland that is usually treated with medicine. dopamine agonists are the medicines used to treat prolactinomas . meaning if you used inhibit-p and it shrank the prolactinoma then all should be well, but like jiigzz said, supervision by a doctor is the best way to go.....

all of this info is readilly available. just google 'high prolactin levels in men'.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Inhibit P would work very well for you, but I think you should see an endocrinologist if you haven't already.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Well my doc says "don't take protein powder, is bad for you".. While my ex pt is an ex bodybuilder and is a very Smart guy with a lot of background. I'm goin to see him tomorrow

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well my doc says "don't take protein powder, is bad for you".. While my ex pt is an ex bodybuilder and is a very Smart guy with a lot of background. I'm goin to see him tomorrow
Time to find a new doctor.