Green pulls out all the stops with FINAFLEX EPI-V (sponsored)

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol Yeh my wheels maybe but need to figure out why this keg don't want to leave. Try these when you get the chance. Take a standard leg press machine and put about 14-16 plates total and use your tip toes and press up and down for 40-50 reps at then rest and do 3 sets. That's all I do seriously about every 6-8 weeks.
your a monster.. that is some crazy weight for calves

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
PCT Day 1 in the books. I hit a massive arm workout today! I dont think I could have pumped anymore blood into my muscles today!!

Supplements

1 scoop Wyked

1 scoop RecoverPro
3 Opti-Men
2 ALC+CLA

2 ALC+CLA

2 scoops Wyked

2 ALC+CLA

1 PCT Black
1 Scoop DAA-HCG

2 scoops of RecoverPro in 1 gallon of H20

Training

AM-
Spin Bike, 20 minutes at moderate resistance
Abs

PM-
Bar Bell Curl (Slow and Focused)
85x12
90x12
105x12
105x12
90x12

Incline DB Hammer Curl
20x12
35x12
35x12
35x12
20x12

Dips
BWx20
BWx20
BWx20

Skull Crusher
55x12
85x12
105x12
105x12
55x12

Preacher Curl
55x12
65x12
85x12
95x9 (Heavy!)
65x12

Rope Tricep Push Down (FS7) 30 seconds between each set
80x12
80x12
80x12
80x12
80x12
80x12
80x12

Nutrition

1,614 Calories
Fat- 52.9g (29%)
Carbohydrate- 84.6g (20%)
Protein- 213.4g (51%)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice arm workout! I like working arms lol.
Last night I did something similar, but damn... You are strong on the bb curl!!! I doubt I could do more than 75lbsx12 slow... lol

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice arm workout! I like working arms lol.
Last night I did something similar, but damn... You are strong on the bb curl!!! I doubt I could do more than 75lbsx12 slow... lol
Agreed, slow and good form is way more important than the amount of weight used! All too often I see these young kids next to me with 80Lb dumbbells doing... well what they may call curls, but I call them full-body upper-cuts, all the while I am right next to them, twice their age, twice their size and I'm just using 25-30Lb dumbbells with as perfect form as I can muster! Now I have no idea what is going through their heads... are they thinking..."Look at that big for nothing guy, he's weak!" or are they thinking, "Whew-Hew, Look at me, I can do way more than this guy, I'll be Huge in no time!" either way, I'm looking at them thinking, "This kid has no Smurfing ideal what the Smurf he's doing!" and I have to do everything in my power not to say something because ultimately, it is none of my business what someone else is doing! Now if asked that is a totally different story, I love to share my experience and knowledge as well as learn from other's experience in knowledge, but I've been made to feel a fool way too often for volunteering my information when it was not asked for!!!

Anyway, we all know that Green knows what the Smurf he's doing, so Great job Brother... You truly are the "GREEN MACHINE"!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Tired today. I think its time for a bit of a rest.

Supplements

1 scoop Wyked

1 scoop RecoverPro
3 Opti-Men
2 ALC+CLA

2 ALC+CLA

2 scoops Wyked

2 ALC+CLA

1 PCT Black
1 scoop DAA-HCG

2 scoops of RecoverPro mixed in a gallon of water

Training

I hit a good chest workout, but failed to record it. I was just really tired and couldnt be bothered. It was a good workout, but probably the most energy I expended all day. Like I said, its time for a rest.

Nutrition

1,683 Calories
Fat- 54.9g (29%)
Carbohydrate- 102.5g (24%)
Protein- 202.9g (47%)

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Agreed, slow and good form is way more important than the amount of weight used! All too often I see these young kids next to me with 80Lb dumbbells doing... well what they may call curls, but I call them full-body upper-cuts, all the while I am right next to them, twice their age, twice their size and I'm just using 25-30Lb dumbbells with as perfect form as I can muster! Now I have no idea what is going through their heads... are they thinking..."Look at that big for nothing guy, he's weak!" or are they thinking, "Whew-Hew, Look at me, I can do way more than this guy, I'll be Huge in no time!" either way, I'm looking at them thinking, "This kid has no Smurfing ideal what the Smurf he's doing!" and I have to do everything in my power not to say something because ultimately, it is none of my business what someone else is doing! Now if asked that is a totally different story, I love to share my experience and knowledge as well as learn from other's experience in knowledge, but I've been made to feel a fool way too often for volunteering my information when it was not asked for!!!

Anyway, we all know that Green knows what the Smurf he's doing, so Great job Brother... You truly are the "GREEN MACHINE"!!!
Thanks Doc! I aint hitting no SMURFING UPPERCUTS!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

If you ever watch Kai Greene train.... you will know that weight has very little to do with size. I like this simile: Strength is like the walls of a cup, hypertrophy and exercise "density" is the amount of water in that cup. 30lb dbs for pure slow strict form is not easy by anymeans, not many can do that much weight in the beginning, hell not even after a couple of years. I do have my strength phases where I try to get a bigger cup, but if you already got that base, then training in the higher rep ranges is definitely enough to keep the muscles full stave off catabolism provided the weight still is stimulatory. I think the high rep thing is only looked down upon because ppl lift like 5lbs for like 20 reps and not even break a sweat. That is not high rep, that is a waste of time. If you took a 5lbs db, and legitimately struggled for those 20 reps (or at least a good bit of those reps), was "spent" after lifting them, then that is a high rep set. Which I believe has it's place in physique enhancement and over all health goals.

BTW, TG you are damn strong. Your "cup" is one Double big gulp lol.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
**** more like one of dem big ol Keg cups!! lol.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some reputation around before giving green some.....LOL! Keep up the good work bro!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Feel good after a little break from lifting. Ive been busy with some Taurus Nutrition Promotion stuff...so keep an eye out for my handy work! Had a really good leg workout today focusing on really isolating my muscle movements and moving in a controlled pace as to utilize the specific muscle group I was working. I have to say that even though I used a fraction of the weight I probably had one of the best and definitely more enjoyable lifts I have had in a while. The true test will be...any soreness? I upped my dose of PCT Black to 2 capsules at night as I seemed to be holding a bit of water, but it seems to have done the trick.

Supplements

1 scoop Wyked

1 scoop RecoverPro
3 Opti-Men
2 ALC+CLA

2 ALC+CLA

2 scoops Wyked

2 ALC+CLA

2 PCT Black
1 scoop DAA-HCG

2 scoops of RecoverPro mixed in a gallon of water

Training

AM-
Spin Bike/ Jump Rope, 30 minutes

PM-
Leg Extension
50x15
70x15
70x15

Squat (A2G)
135x15
135x15
135x15

Hip Abduction
60x15
90x15
90x15

Hip Adduction
60x15
90x15
90x15

Leg Press
2 platesx15
4 platesx15
6 platesx15
8 platesx15

Calf Press (in between leg press sets)
2 platesx15
4 platesx15
6 platesx15
8 platesx15

DB Lunge
25x10 (each leg)
40x15 (each leg)
40x15 (each leg)

Nutrition

1,679 Calories
Fat- 49.8g (26%)
Carbohydrate- 95.9 (22%)
Protein- 230.3g (53%)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good work Green high volume too. I like those calf raises seem to be getting stronger there!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Good work Green high volume too. I like those calf raises seem to be getting stronger there!!
Yeah man really taking the weight down, but stressing the movement of the muscles. I honestly get a better result focusing on the muscle group than using all I have to throw weight around.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know what you mean lol. I have been taking a little time away from my athletix with crazy work last week and kids. I usually don't have any problems but with the holidays and the fact that my right shoulder started it's mess again I decided to take some days off and do cardio when I can until I get my MRI soon.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah man really taking the weight down, but stressing the movement of the muscles. I honestly get a better result focusing on the muscle group than using all I have to throw weight around.
Green... I agree with you Bro, which is why I like to do legs twice a week. I do them on Monday with all compound movements as heavy as possible, but keeping my rep range above 10 (usually closer to 15) at all times, then again on Friday where I do only isolation movements with a rep range of 15-20 (going for the burn). It has been working quite well for me, I mean I don't have legs like you or Chris yet, but they are growing and have a good shape in my opinion, so I am moving in the right direction, slowly but surely (Rome was not built in a day)!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow, high volume legs, Love it.

Twice a week eh doc? sounds fun :D

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Excellent back workout today employing the same strategy as yesterday. The light weight with ultra-focused movement is awesome.

Supplements

2 Epi-V
1 scoop Wyked

1 scoop RecoverPro
3 Opti-Men
2 ALC+CLA

2 ALC+CLA

2 Epi-V
2 scoops Wyked

2 ALC+CLA

2 PCT Black
1 scoop DAA-HCG

I sipped on 2 scoops of RecoverPro throughout the day mixed into a gallon of water.

Training

AM-
Spin Bike, 30 minutes mutiple resistance levels

PM-
Deadlift (Hex Bar)
135x15
135x15
135x15

Cable Seated Row
80x15
80x15
80x15

Lat Pulldown
80x15
80x15
80x15

DB Pullover
50x15
50x15
50x15

Straight Bar Pullover
65x15
65x15
65x16

DB Calf Raise
60x20
60x20
60x20

Nutrition

1,485 Calories
Fat- 56.9g (34%)
Carbohydrate- 56.4g (15%)
Protein- 194.2g (51%)

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Excellent back workout today employing the same strategy as yesterday. The light weight with ultra-focused movement is awesome.

Supplements

2 Epi-V
1 scoop Wyked

1 scoop RecoverPro
3 Opti-Men
2 ALC+CLA

2 ALC+CLA

2 Epi-V
2 scoops Wyked

2 ALC+CLA

2 PCT Black
1 scoop DAA-HCG

I sipped on 2 scoops of RecoverPro throughout the day mixed into a gallon of water.

Training

AM-
Spin Bike, 30 minutes mutiple resistance levels

PM-
Deadlift (Hex Bar)
135x15
135x15
135x15

Cable Seated Row
80x15
80x15
80x15

Lat Pulldown
80x15
80x15
80x15

DB Pullover
50x15
50x15
50x15

Straight Bar Pullover
65x15
65x15
65x16

DB Calf Raise
60x20
60x20
60x20

Nutrition

1,485 Calories
Fat- 56.9g (34%)
Carbohydrate- 56.4g (15%)
Protein- 194.2g (51%)
You have to be eating clean as f***. 194g of protein without taking in over 1500 calories is impressive.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Yeah guys. Time escaped me yesterday lol. I spent at least 4 hrs on Illustrator yesterday building a T-shirt for the new band. I'm trying to eat as clean as possible, and with it being the holiday season I'd say I'm doing pretty damn well! Of course I do sneak a cookie hear and there LOL, but c'mon...I am human haha!!

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Yeah guys. Time escaped me yesterday lol. I spent at least 4 hrs on Illustrator yesterday building a T-shirt for the new band. I'm trying to eat as clean as possible, and with it being the holiday season I'd say I'm doing pretty damn well! Of course I do sneak a cookie hear and there LOL, but c'mon...I am human haha!!
I ate a thousand home made chocolate chip cookies yesterday

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just made a big batch of protein balls and brought them to work. They are tasty but you still have to be carefull how many you eat.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just made a big batch of protein balls and brought them to work. They are tasty but you still have to be carefull how many you eat.
Protein Balls... That's what she said!!! :rofl:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein Balls... That's what she said!!! :rofl:
Don't Diss my balls!! lol

They are balls of sheer heaven. ... d'oh my buddy at work snagged my balls... damn his oily hyde..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and one of the cute girls here at work expressed an apprectiation for my balls, she said my balls were very tasty... :)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Let's get that recipe DW!!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha lol you two are too funny.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein Peanut Butter Balls Recipe:

2 scoops chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup raw oats
1 cup peanut butter
Protein Peanut Butter Balls Directions:
Mix all these ingredients in a large bowl.
Powder your hands with some flour (to prevent stickiness).
Form into small 1″ balls and place on a bake sheet.
Place in oven at 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
This should make a serving which will last you at least a couple weeks. Store remainder in a tupperware container in the fridge…yes they are good cold too!
Remember this is a weekend cheat food, these peanut butter balls are rich in calories but the whey gives you high quality protein, the oats give you fiber and low glycemic carbs, the honey will help boost your immune system and the peanut butter will provide you with healthy unsaturated fats and antioxidants.
Another idea is to freeze them and have them as a killer treat. So next time you’re working out think of this as your motivator and go extra hard!

I used Power Butter and they turned out awesome... this is a similar recipe that TG gave me a few years back, actually it might be the same one..oh and you don't have to cook them ... just put them in the firdge.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
On the road all day to TN. Spending Xmas with the girls parents. I probably wont be updating much, but ill do my best to stick to my protocols. Have a great holiday my brothas

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You my Green friend!! lol Take care and be safe. Say no to the sweets well maybe a lilttle lol

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have a happy holiday!!
Come back stronger buddy!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have safe travels. Don't over stuff your self.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Hey green you're not the only one haha i'm away for a whole week no training. Sucks a little bit but when you get back you'll be hungry to train really hard, i know i am! Safe travels and Happy Holidays to you all.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Well guys I am moved into a temporary location my computer is in a box somewhere and I'm left with this app and a really crappy wifi connection. It's been a really tough past week or so both physically and mentally. We hope to be moved into our new place sometime next week, but nothing is in stone. I never realized how much of a full time job training and nutrition was until now. It's tough being put of your element and maintaining your physique. I'm definitely behind a bit, but I will battle back. Hope you guys haven't given up on Ol Green!! I can't wait to get set back up and into the action!!!

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Glad youre doing alright with all the moving, Green.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Give up on Green!! Seriously dude that hangover hasn't gone away yet has it lol. We still here bro. heck I'm logging but havne't workout in 3 weeks while getting my shoulder fixed. Happy New Year Green!!

Well guys I am moved into a temporary location my computer is in a box somewhere and I'm left with this app and a really crappy wifi connection. It's been a really tough past week or so both physically and mentally. We hope to be moved into our new place sometime next week, but nothing is in stone. I never realized how much of a full time job training and nutrition was until now. It's tough being put of your element and maintaining your physique. I'm definitely behind a bit, but I will battle back. Hope you guys haven't given up on Ol Green!! I can't wait to get set back up and into the action!!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to finally hear from you. Was wondering if you got moved yet.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah there will be some good action coming down the pipe early this year for a lot of us. I can't wait to get into full gear. I have been hitting pretty hard still but without any supplementation. Now bring on the anabolics I am ready to rip it up!!!!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah there will be some good action coming down the pipe early this year for a lot of us. I can't wait to get into full gear. I have been hitting pretty hard still but without any supplementation. Now bring on the anabolics I am ready to rip it up!!!!!
I'm about there too. I'm ready to start getting shredded more than ever and be ripped and ready for tshirt weather!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm about there too. I'm ready to start getting shredded more than ever and be ripped and ready for tshirt weather!
I plan on cycling something and putting on about 10 lbs before I do a quick cut, I don't have that much to lose either. I may have to so a very lean bulk though so I may actually gain less. Depends on timing...