Green Going Lean with New Protocols and Finaflex Epi-V

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Aren't those New Potatoes not sweet potatoes?

I ain't giving up my legumes. I love beans, they love me too.
I love beans too Kleen...but I dont mind putting them aside for the sake of appeasing the protocol. The hybrid LG/Paleo is really working well for me. It seems like it would be very inconvenient, but its actually not bad at all.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How much u weigh now partner?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Black beans should be ok, some others as well...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love beans too Kleen...but I dont mind putting them aside for the sake of appeasing the protocol. The hybrid LG/Paleo is really working well for me. It seems like it would be very inconvenient, but its actually not bad at all.
I don't know Bro's... I've been listening to Kleen a lot more and uhhh, it's working better than some of the things I've done in the past, not to mention it is really cool to have someone to converse with here and there about my diet, progress, etc. This go around he's my coach... True Story!

Green... FYI, I like to joke around, and I feel confident in my grappling skills and all, but it will all be in fun, because whenever I go full out, I'll strain at least one of my joints and it messes up my workouts, LoL, I'm getting old Bro, but I'll still be racing in my walker at the old folks home!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
How much u weigh now partner?
Im not sure bro, I havent been on the scale in a while, but ill let you know later today. Id say probably around 218 right now.

Black beans should be ok, some others as well...
I dont think beans would be an issue at all while following Paleo...as they are a naturally occuring food source. Right now Im just experimenting with what the protocol says to eat to see how it goes, but im sure some tweaking will happen in the future.

I don't know Bro's... I've been listening to Kleen a lot more and uhhh, it's working better than some of the things I've done in the past, not to mention it is really cool to have someone to converse with here and there about my diet, progress, etc. This go around he's my coach... True Story!

Green... FYI, I like to joke around, and I feel confident in my grappling skills and all, but it will all be in fun, because whenever I go full out, I'll strain at least one of my joints and it messes up my workouts, LoL, I'm getting old Bro, but I'll still be racing in my walker at the old folks home!
I know bro LOL...I was just giving you a sense of false confidence hahaha (joking too). Id definitely like a lesson or two though JJ is much different from traditional wrestling. I would like to learn, but there is no where around here that would be practical for me to drive to.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 44

Good day overall. Starting to really hit my groove again. I am looking more vascular and striations are returning. I am predicitng the excess water I was holding should be pretty much gone by the end of this week. Id like to get some pictures up soon too.

Nutrition:

Paleo/LG hybrid. Nutruition was on point today made up some chiken cacciatore for dinner (no pasta).

Training:

30 minutes Elliptical at moderate resistance

I didnt want to push to hard with the new tattoo and I am glad I didnt. When I was done I dried off the tattooed area with a paper towel and the sweat was definitely beginning to push out ink. Ill get another day of cardio in and then probably hit the weights on saturday(well see).

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man Ima start calling your MR. Pimp INK!! Wicked bro! Glad the groove is back up that's what I want to hear from my Iron smashing brother!

Day 44

Good day overall. Starting to really hit my groove again. I am looking more vascular and striations are returning. I am predicitng the excess water I was holding should be pretty much gone by the end of this week. Id like to get some pictures up soon too.

Nutrition:

Paleo/LG hybrid. Nutruition was on point today made up some chiken cacciatore for dinner (no pasta).

Training:

30 minutes Elliptical at moderate resistance

I didnt want to push to hard with the new tattoo and I am glad I didnt. When I was done I dried off the tattooed area with a paper towel and the sweat was definitely beginning to push out ink. Ill get another day of cardio in and then probably hit the weights on saturday(well see).

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Green Ink... New user name? :biglaugh:

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Woah man It's been a minute since I've given an update. I'll be on tmrw getting things caught up. It's been a very busy past few days.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking forward to an update and pics soon eh? You should be leaning up nicely with the paleo going on.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Woah man It's been a minute since I've given an update. I'll be on tmrw getting things caught up. It's been a very busy past few days.
It's cool, your logs are easy to follow & read.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Ok...heres where I am at about now. I am looking big, but I am about two weeks behind I would say where i should be. Life likes to get crazy for me when I do these LOGs for some reason (or maybe I just notice it more when I LOG). This week is going pretty well, nutrition and training have been on point. This week I am preparing for a gig on saturday and a major art show opening on friday (tomorrow)...needless to say it has been one hell of a week. I hope to be getting back on my daily post routine. I am working on shedding the BF% still. As I said I am looking big, but I just havent been consistant enough with my nutrition to lose what I wanted. I still have some time left so I am giving it my all!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok...heres where I am at about now. I am looking big, but I am about two weeks behind I would say where i should be. Life likes to get crazy for me when I do these LOGs for some reason (or maybe I just notice it more when I LOG). This week is going pretty well, nutrition and training have been on point. This week I am preparing for a gig on saturday and a major art show opening on friday (tomorrow)...needless to say it has been one hell of a week. I hope to be getting back on my daily post routine. I am working on shedding the BF% still. As I said I am looking big, but I just havent been consistant enough with my nutrition to lose what I wanted. I still have some time left so I am giving it my all!!
Getting there can be tough, remember what I went through last spring... that's why I am just going to stay ripped...maintaining is very easy on lean gains. You can improve and stay around the same weight so body comp just gets better overall...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You want to catch up try having on burn day where you don't eat at all. God from last meal of the build day until fast breaker of the next. No muscle will be lost but a good amount of fat will. One of those a week for 2 weeks you will be caught right up. Add in animosity if you are afraid of catabolism but there is no need.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You want to catch up try having on burn day where you don't eat at all. God from last meal of the build day until fast breaker of the next. No muscle will be lost but a good amount of fat will. One of those a week for 2 weeks you will be caught right up. Add in animosity if you are afraid of catabolism but there is no need.
No food for 24 hours can be tough as hell... Haha...
I did it one time I think coming off a methyl cause I was "sick".

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Id rep you for this, but this b!tch wont let me LOL...as if you needed it HAHA. Thanks for that tip bro...Im all over it...I like a good challenge anyway. Glad I have Pro-Xanthine in the stash!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 50

Great day all around. I feel like I am finally caught up with all my obligations...now I can focus more on me! Nutrition and training were on point today. I hit a killer back workout that I am sure to pay for all weekend!! I have a gallery opening tomorrow and a gig saturday, but none of that should keep me from getting to the gym or crapping up my food choices.

Nutrition:

I am currently following Paleo/Lean Gains hybrid protocol. I will be throwing in some 24 hour fasts here per Kleen.

Training:

Pull Up: 3 sets BW x 10

Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down: 3 sets 120lb x 10

Cable T-Bar Row (improvised): 3 sets 150lb x 10

Bent Over Row: 3 sets 185lb x 10
Reverse Grip Bent Over Row: 3 sets 155lb x 10
(I did a super set here and got pretty burned out towards the end. I dropped the weight to 135 to finish the last few reps of the reverse grip)

Hex Bar Deads: 2 sets 225lb x 10, 1 set 315lb x 5 (b!tch got heavy lol...more grip fail than anything)

Straight Arm Push Down: 7 sets x 10 started at 80lb then increased 90,100,110,120,80,80 and I did a set until failure at 60lb

I will be sore as hell all weekend!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Day 50

Great day all around. I feel like I am finally caught up with all my obligations...now I can focus more on me! Nutrition and training were on point today. I hit a killer back workout that I am sure to pay for all weekend!! I have a gallery opening tomorrow and a gig saturday, but none of that should keep me from getting to the gym or crapping up my food choices.

Nutrition:

I am currently following Paleo/Lean Gains hybrid protocol. I will be throwing in some 24 hour fasts here per Kleen.

Training:

Pull Up: 3 sets BW x 10

Reverse Grip Lat Pull Down: 3 sets 120lb x 10

Cable T-Bar Row (improvised): 3 sets 150lb x 10

Bent Over Row: 3 sets 185lb x 10
Reverse Grip Bent Over Row: 3 sets 155lb x 10
(I did a super set here and got pretty burned out towards the end. I dropped the weight to 135 to finish the last few reps of the reverse grip)

Hex Bar Deads: 2 sets 225lb x 10, 1 set 315lb x 5 (b!tch got heavy lol...more grip fail than anything)

Straight Arm Push Down: 7 sets x 10 started at 80lb then increased 90,100,110,120,80,80 and I did a set until failure at 60lb

I will be sore as hell all weekend!
Good luck with a 24 hour fast.
Think you can do? Haha

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
Glad to see your back in full effect. I want to see what you say about that 24hr fast though. seems serious.
Good luck wit that. Keep up the good work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It is really a 36 hour fast if you think about it but dont tell him... 8pm -8pm still no food next day fast breaker at Noon... about 3000-3500 cals if at rest, and 4000 is some light cardio is performed. Add that to an already 2000-3000 calorie deficit you have 1.5-2lbs of fat per week. It can be done and you can have some fiber and celery or some broccoli to help out.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
It was a good, but busy weekend. I took a first place ribbon and an honorable mention in the big art show this weekend, and sold 6 pieces. The gig on saturday was fuggin insane!! We killed it for sure. I got in a good arm workout in saturday morning and took a rest on sunday. I am doing my 24 (36) hour fast today, and feel pretty good about it. I have already put down a half gallon of H20 today (since 0630) should help me stay "full" I will get in a workout with the wrestlers today and also hit chest. I am still feeling really good, energy is up, boys are a bit atrophied, but other than that no negative sides. I feel this week is going to be very beneficial to my physique.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It was a good, but busy weekend. I took a first place ribbon and an honorable mention in the big art show this weekend, and sold 6 pieces. The gig on saturday was fuggin insane!! We killed it for sure. I got in a good arm workout in saturday morning and took a rest on sunday. I am doing my 24 (36) hour fast today, and feel pretty good about it. I have already put down a half gallon of H20 today (since 0630) should help me stay "full" I will get in a workout with the wrestlers today and also hit chest. I am still feeling really good, energy is up, boys are a bit atrophied, but other than that no negative sides. I feel this week is going to be very beneficial to my physique.
I am doing 2 20 hour fasts on the weekends now, cuz I can...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
No food all day & workin out?

Experienced lifters only haha..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah a workout with the wrestlers... on an all day fast the is some straight up gangsta shiz!

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
How's the fast treating you? Your log is definitely on point.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah a workout with the wrestlers... on an all day fast the is some straight up gangsta shiz!
A rounded scoop of the new ignite2 and your golden... I never saw such a big difference for just a bit extra powder, man....

Rush954

Rush954

Awards
How's it going for you as of late? How did you feel during, after fast?

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Sweeeeet!!!! Making them G's!

xhrr

Awards
With 1,3 being banned any plans to reformulate Epi-V? I would love to run it but don't like the addition of the stimulants.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love me some EPI-V I sure hope they reformulate it. Drop the DMAA and add in Methyl Synephrine, maybe some of that snazzy DHB in the new 1-Alpha and maybe a small increase to the epi-andro and boom talk about the next generation!

xhrr

Awards
I love me some EPI-V I sure hope they reformulate it. Drop the DMAA and add in Methyl Synephrine, maybe some of that snazzy DHB in the new 1-Alpha and maybe a small increase to the epi-andro and boom talk about the next generation!
Yeah I'm with you. I would be all for them dropping stimulants all together and adding some some epi with the costs saved from cutting out the stimulants and some DHB would be a nice addition as well. Caffeine, grean tea, and dandelion are cheap and not everyone wants to take those in addition to a hormonal product. If they want to keep a fat burning complex make it non-stim or something.