Going to be a swole recovery.... with Lean Gains

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chris Aceto has a good plan, you can use this for lean gains or reducing body-fat. Championship Bodybuilding is such an useful book

heres a recent article

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/nutrition/3051-chris-acetos-50-50-rotational-plan.html
Yah you could just cycle the carbs but you have to keep them higher in wod's so you would use 300 on wod's and 100 on nwd's if your' norm was around 200 grams. Something to think about if my plan starts to stall right now it's working 1000% though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I had a better workout last night as I am now concentrating to focus my intensity on the negatives and contraction. Worked out very well I have my intensity back and it should pay dividends...

Leg curls 135 X 5
135 X 5
135 X 5
115 X 8

Calf Raise 130 X 5
130 X 5
130 X 5
110 X 8

Obar Curls 125 X 5
125 X 5
125 X 5
105 X 8

Decline Tri Ext 95 X 5
95 X 5
95 X 5
85 X 8

I feel fantastic, I am now down to 210 and eating what I like and the supps Testopro, Erase and Osta are treating me very well, I feel on....

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I had a better workout last night as I am now concentrating to focus my intensity on the negatives and contraction. Worked out very well I have my intensity back and it should pay dividends...

Leg curls 135 X 5
135 X 5
135 X 5
115 X 8

Calf Raise 130 X 5
130 X 5
130 X 5
110 X 8

Obar Curls 125 X 5
125 X 5
125 X 5
105 X 8

Decline Tri Ext 95 X 5
95 X 5
95 X 5
85 X 8

I feel fantastic, I am now down to 210 and eating what I like and the supps Testopro, Erase and Osta are treating me very well, I feel on....
Great workout, so you are saying that the fat is still melting away consistently? Even with eating what you like?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great workout, so you are saying that the fat is still melting away consistently? Even with eating what you like?
It's falling off!!!! lost 5 lbs last week and I estimate about 1.5% body fat maybe my best week ever!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's falling off!!!! lost 5 lbs last week and I estimate about 1.5% body fat maybe my best week ever!!
OK, thats it thats it, I can't take it anymore! It is time for my presently "FAT-A$$" to join in and do a Log myself! Let me read a little more into this IF stuff so I can see if it is something I want to do, or if I wanna do it my "old fashion" way, will probably run a few bottles of EPI-V with the new IF way, always up for something new!

On a different note, I have two of the three bottles of EPI-V sitting in my drawer waiting to be mailed out to you, I'm gonna wait because you are not in any kind of rush and we are expecting our PCT REVOLUTION Black in any day now, so when that comes in, I'm going to send it all to you, so all you will need from us is your last/third bottle of EPI-V, which by then we will have the next batch in stock, sound good? I wanna see the most ripped, shredded, carved out of stone, GREEK GOD "Old FUGGER" Ever!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, thats it thats it, I can't take it anymore! It is time for my presently "FAT-A$$" to join in and do a Log myself! Let me read a little more into this IF stuff so I can see if it is something I want to do, or if I wanna do it my "old fashion" way, will probably run a few bottles of EPI-V with the new IF way, always up for something new!

On a different note, I have two of the three bottles of EPI-V sitting in my drawer waiting to be mailed out to you, I'm gonna wait because you are not in any kind of rush and we are expecting our PCT REVOLUTION Black in any day now, so when that comes in, I'm going to send it all to you, so all you will need from us is your last/third bottle of EPI-V, which by then we will have the next batch in stock, sound good? I wanna see the most ripped, shredded, carved out of stone, GREEK GOD "Old FUGGER" Ever!!!!
Sounds awesome, I will be soooo shredded come contest time, I guarantee it.

yah lean gains is very easy there are different protocols to match every lifestyle...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today's Eating is not as glamorous it being a nwd, or chicken day I should call it..

12pm 12 oz chicken breast
2 cups steamed potatoes
2 cups salad greens
1 tbspn balsamic vin.
2 granny smith apples

4pm 12 oz Chicken
1 cup pasta salad
2 cups brocolli

7:30pm Tuna 1 can
2 peiced ezekiel bread

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chris Aceto has a good plan, you can use this for lean gains or reducing body-fat. Championship Bodybuilding is such an useful book

heres a recent article

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/nutrition/3051-chris-acetos-50-50-rotational-plan.html
Nice article. I am pretty close to following that now in the 100 and 250-300 range on carbs. Cris Aceto has been around and respected forever. You could use all of his principles with in the Lean Gains eating frame and see huge improvements. His speaking of the metabolism slowing is due to a loss of leptin from the fat being burned and it not being replaced. The addition of the high carb day increases leptin levels drastically and that in response allows the metabolism to increase. The intermittent fasting design goes one step further in making sure leptin levels stay optimal for fat burning and an increase in metabolism as well as anabolism during the feeding window.

Yah you could just cycle the carbs but you have to keep them higher in wod's so you would use 300 on wod's and 100 on nwd's if your' norm was around 200 grams. Something to think about if my plan starts to stall right now it's working 1000% though.
That is what I do pretty much, maybe 100-150 NWD 250-300 WD but I like to estimate right now and I am confident I can get very lean doing it this way so I will resist the urge to get to into counting every little thing and keep with my estimations and general tracking.

That is the beauty of it. This is my cake right here, this is me eating my cake, I still have abs... Thank you Lean Gains!
It is unreal isn't it!

Nice I better get a link to that lean gains log. I can't wait to see what Doug can do with that. He is a LUCKY OLD FUGGER TOO! I am watching closely and am curious on this one.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice article. I am pretty close to following that now in the 100 and 250-300 range on carbs. Cris Aceto has been around and respected forever. You could use all of his principles with in the Lean Gains eating frame and see huge improvements. His speaking of the metabolism slowing is due to a loss of leptin from the fat being burned and it not being replaced. The addition of the high carb day increases leptin levels drastically and that in response allows the metabolism to increase. The intermittent fasting design goes one step further in making sure leptin levels stay optimal for fat burning and an increase in metabolism as well as anabolism during the feeding window. .
Yup it speeds up the thyroid. So many people think when they start their diet they need to cut calories real low, which can actually slow the metabolism.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yup it speeds up the thyroid. So many people think when they start their diet they need to cut calories real low, which can actually slow the metabolism.
You must spread some reputation around....

Exactly I often tell people don't cut down so fast your have no where to go if your cals are rock bottom and you plateau.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...another DW log with lots and lots of good info. I am changing my cals up a bit after a lot of what I've been reading. Dropping the cals and carbs even lower on cardio days, and upping cals and carbs quite a bit more on lifting days!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lovin it!
Gotta love it, Lean gains is a remarkable discovery!!!

Nice article. I am pretty close to following that now in the 100 and 250-300 range on carbs. Cris Aceto has been around and respected forever. You could use all of his principles with in the Lean Gains eating frame and see huge improvements. His speaking of the metabolism slowing is due to a loss of leptin from the fat being burned and it not being replaced. The addition of the high carb day increases leptin levels drastically and that in response allows the metabolism to increase. The intermittent fasting design goes one step further in making sure leptin levels stay optimal for fat burning and an increase in metabolism as well as anabolism during the feeding window.

That is what I do pretty much, maybe 100-150 NWD 250-300 WD but I like to estimate right now and I am confident I can get very lean doing it this way so I will resist the urge to get to into counting every little thing and keep with my estimations and general tracking.

It is unreal isn't it!

Nice I better get a link to that lean gains log. I can't wait to see what Doug can do with that. He is a LUCKY OLD FUGGER TOO! I am watching closely and am curious on this one.
Yah like I said a more moderate shift is treating me very well right now, because I train later in the day I have tendancy to be quite hungry the following day, had I trained early in the day I am sure it would be a whole different ball game. This methodology is going in the bank for contest prep if I need it.

Chris it's hard to describe cuz it's so unbelievable and I know you know that cuz you've been trying to tell us this for months now...

Yah the EPI-V run should be interesting, I read the logs and thought it would be just the thing for contest readiness...

You must spread some reputation around....

Exactly I often tell people don't cut down so fast your have no where to go if your cals are rock bottom and you plateau.
Yah I try to slowly reduct my calories over time to avoid this problem lean gains seems to be able to sidestep this somewhat. I still may have to lower cals a bit but not as often and not as much I think...

...another DW log with lots and lots of good info. I am changing my cals up a bit after a lot of what I've been reading. Dropping the cals and carbs even lower on cardio days, and upping cals and carbs quite a bit more on lifting days!!
You know it, were all about getting down to it... and turning over the stones...:veryhappy:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I continue to see fat loss in the mirror on a daily basis, this is just nuggin futs!! I have 4 more weeks of recomp with this stack and I am going to be very lean at this rate!! Going to be a very successful prep after my vacation too...

I was just telling Chris that I am going to be so cut when I go on vacation that I will be very stingy in relinquishing it knowing I have a prep coming around the corner. He mentioned that Lean Gains is so forgiving that it should not be an issue (vacation eating) ... I can either extend fast and shorten the feeding window or do alternate day type fasting. I am not all that concerned....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Todays Diet.. now this is good...

2 cups salad greens
1 tbspn balsamic vin.

430pm workout
6pm shake 3 scoops concentrate

7pm 16 oz Sirloin mmmm
2 medium baked potatos
2 cups brocolli
2 cups Frozen yogurt mmmmmmmmmmm

For the most part pretty well balanced and healthy, but got some goodies in there....

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you make your own dressing with the vinegar?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you make your own dressing with the vinegar?
No I just throw balsamic vinegar for flavor... I used to but dont' need the oil really.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I want to start making my own and was looking for ideas.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I heard my name called, I can help with a plethora of tasty low cal, low carb, low fat, etc. I love salads and have been making my own dressings for years!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never got very fancy I would throw a couple cap fulls of olive oil and a couple of balsamic vinegar and shake some steak spice in....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I heard my name called, I can help with a plethora of tasty low cal, low carb, low fat, etc. I love salads and have been making my own dressings for years!
Lets see the recipe's!! this is my thread we share here .... :11:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hook a brother up brah!!

I got apple cider vinegar and tryna make something delicious!

It don't have to be with apple cider, share what you got bud

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, first off for all you Ranch Fans out there, it can be made with using non-flavored low or even no fat yogurt instead of the whole milk or cream like it suggests on the Ranch powder directions and the ranch powder itself can be purchased in just about any supermarket, Hell SAM's club sells ranch powder in pretty large canisters, which I love and throw the powder straight on my grilled chx all the time.

Other combos that work really well is using a healthy oil (safflower oil, flax seed oil, extra virgin olive oil, etc) you can mix that with Balsamic, Apple cider (sweet), Lemon/Lime juice works well if you buy some Mexican seasoning and want that taco/fajita kind of flavor. I guess the only other tricks I have found is I have a juicer and I might throw a tad of this that or the other, carrots always being a favorite juice to add to a dressing. The next thing for variety is seasonings, Love me some Mrs. DASH seasonings, then to add salt, I always use sea salt (I personally like a little salt, but salt is optional).

That is my technique, I mean if yall want specific recipes, I would have to know the size of the salad in which I was trying to season and what type of flavor you were in the mood for and then I could come up with some exact measurements, I season and dress my salads as I make them, I just always keep all these ingredients handy to make like 20 different style dressings at any given time. I don't actually make like a bottle of dressing and keep it in my fridge.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, first off for all you Ranch Fans out there, it can be made with using non-flavored low or even no fat yogurt instead of the whole milk or cream like it suggests on the Ranch powder directions and the ranch powder itself can be purchased in just about any supermarket, Hell SAM's club sells ranch powder in pretty large canisters, which I love and throw the powder straight on my grilled chx all the time.

Other combos that work really well is using a healthy oil (safflower oil, flax seed oil, extra virgin olive oil, etc) you can mix that with Balsamic, Apple cider (sweet), Lemon/Lime juice works well if you buy some Mexican seasoning and want that taco/fajita kind of flavor. I guess the only other tricks I have found is I have a juicer and I might throw a tad of this that or the other, carrots always being a favorite juice to add to a dressing. The next thing for variety is seasonings, Love me some Mrs. DASH seasonings, then to add salt, I always use sea salt (I personally like a little salt, but salt is optional).

That is my technique, I mean if yall want specific recipes, I would have to know the size of the salad in which I was trying to season and what type of flavor you were in the mood for and then I could come up with some exact measurements, I season and dress my salads as I make them, I just always keep all these ingredients handy to make like 20 different style dressings at any given time. I don't actually make like a bottle of dressing and keep it in my fridge.
Some good ideas here my wife buys ranch all the time for her salads she could make good use of this. I like the spicy one for myself...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If someone is in the mood for a certain flavor and wants to tell me the size of the salad I promise I'll come up with an incredible tasting and very healthy concoction of seasonings, with precise amounts of each ingredient. I am here to help!

Oh, does anyone know, is there a thread on here where people share recipes of good healthy dishes?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If someone is in the mood for a certain flavor and wants to tell me the size of the salad I promise I'll come up with an incredible tasting and very healthy concoction of seasonings, with precise amounts of each ingredient. I am here to help!

Oh, does anyone know, is there a thread on here where people share recipes of good healthy dishes?
yah I think in the diet section they do...:yup:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is good stuff, another good thing is ranch powder in lowfat or no fat cottage cheese. Add in some chipotle powder or diced jalapenos to add your spice. Great as a topping, good on celery or chips or salad.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is good stuff, another good thing is ranch powder in lowfat or no fat cottage cheese. Add in some chipotle powder or diced jalapenos to add your spice. Great as a topping, good on celery or chips or salad.
I'm going to have to try that....sounds tasty! :yumyum:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah another good idea for the wife...

I'm in it too win it!
Thanks, I will definitely show up, I am so on top of this..

I'm going to have to try that....sounds tasty! :yumyum:
Yah I try to limit my dairy for the most part, I do eat frozen yogurt for a treat a lot of it seems to smooth me out...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last nights workout was gook, it's just a mirror of day 1 with less sets 8-8-12 there was no issues, what I am trying to do is concentrate on my contraction and form. I still get nice and sore but just use less weight. I am having some difficulty with front squats but that will pass, just have to get my balance back...

I crushed my abs lass night with Bar of Death which is like the wheel done with a barbell and 2 25 lb plates. It's easier to control but harder to pull back.

I did some machine crunches, cable chopping motion for the obliques then declined weighted leg raise.

Scarfed down a shake walked home and had a big feed.

I seem to be a bit smooth today, I think it was the frozen yogurt or could be too much salt with last nights meal..

Oh and I dropped another pound since Tuesday down to 209 now... fuggin crazy that is... Even though I was a bit smooth I still looked damn good. One thing of note, last year I had a problem right around my belly button, either a fat deposit or some extra loose skin, right now that is about a quarter the size as it was last year and not all that noticeable in almost all my poses... I have been applying the collegan elastin nightly and remember I'l lost 6 lbs in the last 9 days so that's pretty damn good.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know my intention with this diet was to just recomp, maybe lose a pound a week and tighten up a bit.. so I set my calories to recomp type levels and wow, I start dropping fat like crazy... I though maybe a little extra freedom with diet would be good for me psychologically but never expected this. What a bonus!!

Todays Diet:

Sweet peppers about 10 strips
Picked Hot peppers 1/2 cup
2 cups salad greens
4 tbspn of Tzatziki

4:30 pm 2 beef Gyros...

7:30 pm 10 oz chicken breast
2 slices Ezekiel Bread

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I read that too fast and thought u said u ate 12 chicken breasts

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read that too fast and thought u said u ate 12 chicken breasts
lol If I were allowed that many cals I wouldn't be wasting them on Chicken Breasts...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Any reason why chicken breast rather then other meats? Seems like your pretty low on fats with this diet but high protein and low-mod carbs.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any reason why chicken breast rather then other meats? Seems like your pretty low on fats with this diet but high protein and low-mod carbs.
It's pretty close to 50/25/25 on most days but on nwd's it's not always easy to get enough fats in and still meat he calorie requitement. This day is on 19% fat.

I eat plenty of other meats for the most part, just wanted to squeeze the gyro's in without going over the cals..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think he is saving the cals for his carb foods. :) However I am sure those beef gyros were not low fat perse.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think he is saving the cals for his carb foods. :) However I am sure those beef gyros were not low fat perse.
Lower than I thought though... I thought that meat they use had more fat...only 12.2 grams that's why the day is lower in fat really..

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried lean gains, wasnt for me. I lost some fat yeah. But my workouts went to crap and my strength started to fall fast. I tried it for two weeks. But if this works for others, by all means keep it up!!!

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established

You can use ricotta as well. Get the kind that has fat in it. Less sodium than cottage and taste the same.
Walmart does carry low sodium cottage cheese for a little cheaper than ricotta, but they don't all stock it.
Nothing wrong with a little sodium but you will look drier for the summer if you keep a good eye on it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried lean gains, wasnt for me. I lost some fat yeah. But my workouts went to crap and my strength started to fall fast. I tried it for two weeks. But if this works for others, by all means keep it up!!!
It's the opposite for me, I am much more energetic and happier. I am sleeping better too. Now this is compared to a regular cut. I can't say what will happen when I increase the calories and try to gain back a little weight. Good things I would assume though.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea i was bulking when i started and kept the same cal levels. Idk ill try it again in the future when i cut and have recomp goals. Its neat stuff

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established