Going to be a swole recovery.... with Lean Gains

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't blame you if you look better than you did for your last show.
Night and day I am bigger and leaner beyond a doubt...

Can't wait to see these pics. Sounds like you have made some fantastic progress. Keep it up.
Best progress of my life, I am so pleased with my physique right now. I am not afraid (and even proud) to take my shirt off in public and you know for us who have been very lean we can be very critical of ourselves...

I have some friends coming down for the weekend and I think my buddy has a good camera.... maybe I'll get him to do some shots...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good workout last night but I was a bit short of breath from the humdity I guess, didn't effect me as it normally would though...

Push press 135 X 12 drop 125 X 8 drop 115 X 7 not bad for this exercise
Incline bench 175 X 12 drop 155 X 10 drop 135 X 9 good reps
Db pullover 95 X 12 drop 85 X 12 Drop 75 X 11 very nice
Reverse curls ez bar 80 X 12 drop 70 X 12 drop 60 X 12 nice pump, love these I look like Hercules when I do them....
Decline tri ext 105 X 12 95 X 10 85 X 12 the first 12 were pretty tough
Tbar row 170 X 12 155 X 8 140 X 6 these have been harder for me lately funny they are usually where I excell but I have been doing better at exercises where I don't usualy excell
Let extension 130 X 12, 125 X 12 110 X 10 ouch

I did some calf work on the seated calf machine not really keeping track I think it was 110 for 12 then 90 for 10 and 70 for 10 calves are never much of a concern for me...

Wheel of death ... did not go as well as I had hoped.. I did them on a bumpy surface which made it twice as difficult. I went downstars to the cardio floor cuz I couldn't find the wheel upstairs and the surface was very uneven and bumpy .. man were they hard.. I think I did 7 and 4..

Weighed in at 207 weight finally going up which does make sense as I am 2.5 weeks into my cycle.

I woke up this morning looking a tiny bit watery and not quite as tight but I think that was the 8 turkey sausages and the 3 cups of frozen yogurt the night before, those sausages are pretty salty. I still looked good, my cuts just lost a bit of their edge.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm finding your log interesting. I feel that lean gains semi-fasted workouts have caused my workouts to suffer. I don't feel that I'm able to have the same intensity, regardless of BCAA, beta alanine, and pre workout supp before hand. Granted my strength hasn't been impacted as much, but I can't do as much volume or intensity. I think this is detrimental for the long term lifted as it will negate the quality of possible gains. I've been doing LG for over a month now and will stick it out longer to see if that changes. I read that you seem to have great workouts regardless of fasted/fed state.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm finding your log interesting. I feel that lean gains semi-fasted workouts have caused my workouts to suffer. I don't feel that I'm able to have the same intensity, regardless of BCAA, beta alanine, and pre workout supp before hand. Granted my strength hasn't been impacted as much, but I can't do as much volume or intensity. I think this is detrimental for the long term lifted as it will negate the quality of possible gains. I've been doing LG for over a month now and will stick it out longer to see if that changes. I read that you seem to have great workouts regardless of fasted/fed state.
I have much more energy fasted than I do fed, that did manifest over time though. My best workouts seem to be the fasted ones but I do take pre-worktouts. Gains are very good .. been a couple months now I think. I know I am a kind of hyper responder to this diet though, it just works well for people of my body type. Which is now turned from endo meso to meso in appearance.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have much more energy fasted than I do fed, that did manifest over time though. My best workouts seem to be the fasted ones but I do take pre-worktouts. Gains are very good .. been a couple months now I think. I know I am a kind of hyper responder to this diet though, it just works well for people of my body type. Which is now turned from endo meso to meso in appearance.
Well said Doug, I think your & Chris's enthusiasm with Lean Gains & Intermiten Fasting is how and why it has become so popular, myself included, so no worries there Brotha, keep the info coming, seems like it is helping everyone who is trying it!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been working out fasted for so long, I forget what it was like to train fed! Endurance is no problem, I can keep going for hours. I do use a pre-workout and intra-workout drink though.

I wouldn't say my gains have been stellar, but not too shabby. Lean Gains just extends my post workout meal by 4 hours. Strength and mass continue to increase over the past 2 months, so something is working, though some of it is muscle memory and increased calories after my crazy contest cut.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well said Doug, I think your & Chris's enthusiasm with Lean Gains & Intermiten Fasting is how and why it has become so popular, myself included, so no worries there Brotha, keep the info coming, seems like it is helping everyone who is trying it!
Hopefully I'll get good pics and it will become even more popular...

I've been working out fasted for so long, I forget what it was like to train fed! Endurance is no problem, I can keep going for hours. I do use a pre-workout and intra-workout drink though.

I wouldn't say my gains have been stellar, but not too shabby. Lean Gains just extends my post workout meal by 4 hours. Strength and mass continue to increase over the past 2 months, so something is working, though some of it is muscle memory and increased calories after my crazy contest cut.
Yah I am rocking some muscle memory too....

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the feedback. I'll keep at it for another month or two to see if it improves.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the feedback. I'll keep at it for another month or two to see if it improves.
This is just my opinion here, but you really can't judge a new workout or diet completely until you have given it at least 6wks, again, just MPO!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is just my opinion here, but you really can't judge a new workout or diet completely until you have given it at least 6wks, again, just MPO!
I understand that which is why I already gave it a couple months and am still willing to give it a couple more.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah that sounds good, make sure before you abandon it, I know it doesn't work the same for everyone and it's particualry hard on non-endo types.

Yah he has the right idea...

I understand that which is why I already gave it a couple months and am still willing to give it a couple more.
A patient man good for you...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I got a bit worried last night when I was still pretty watery but things had improved by bedtime and when I woke up this morning I was just as tight and lean as I was a couple day ago, water was gone. The humidity will make me look puffy sometimes. I think that I have stopped getting leaner or slowed down to the point it's hard to discern. I am quite anabolic and very hungry though. Last night after my 16 oz Sirloin, 3 cups brocolli and 10-12 oz yam I was still pretty hungry and I only had 4 large eggs left on the menu which I ate around 7:30 and was still hungry but it was nwd so I bit the bullet. Big feed today though 3400 cals.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am so alpha I feel like I am going to crawl out of my skin!! Can't wait to go to the gym to get rid of this itch!!

I removed my body hair in preparation for pics on Saturday...I have some ideas if I can find just the right spot...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Bad Brotha, I was under the impression you had only been on it a couple of weeks, sorry bout dat!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally slayed it last night big time reps made and all increases made

Decline db press 95's X 12 drop 85's X 12 wow drop 75's x 11 that's a lot of reps on a double drop
Bent over db row 85's x 12 drop 75's x 10 drop 65's 11 man the separation is really starting to show on the exercises
Arnold press standing 55's 12 45's X 10 35's X 9
Hammer curls 55's x 12 45's x 9 35's x 8
Standing db extension 80 X 12 70 X 12 60 X 10
Leg press 480 X 12 440 X 11 390 X 10
Leg curl 135 X 12, 120 X 12, 105 X 10
finished with some standing calf 200 X 12, 160 X 10, 120 X 8

My strength was definitely up and I was really squeezing the reps out gave it my all and it felt good!!

Today I am going to do an extended fast and some cardio in preparation for some holiday eating tonight. I want to be able to eat around 3000 cals so I will need to burn off an extra 600 which is no big deal...

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great job man... Killed that workout!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I snapped some pics off in the back yard, it was all I had time for, did not prepare so I am pretty watery but some did not turn out too bad... My posing sucks too, have not been practicing...

Dsc00041.jpg
Dsc00042.jpg
Dsc00050.jpg
Dsc00052.jpg
Dsc00054.jpg

I would also help to have a fuggin tan...

Anywho these are my before pics, so I have to say they are my best before pics ever...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday's workout was stellar, fuggin crushed it and 17 Bar of Death!! Oh forgot to mention the other day I am up to 209 so up 6 lbs in 3 weeks. I will likely get to around 212 and I estimate I am 8% or under... so plan is in place. Like I said I am very watery so I could actually be leaner... doesn't matter much as I have 12 weeks of contest prep type dieting coming... I will take lean gains as far as I can though. Will likely start at 3200/2200 clean cals...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can see some major changes there DW! It really shows how lean you have become and have put on some good LBM too. You look much better in these pics than in your transformation contest pics, and they was professionally taken pics with a spray tan so that is really saying something. Nice job!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You look excellent Doug! By far better than you did for your last show. Man when you step on stage at 4-5% it is gonna be so ridiculous! Just phenomenal Doug! Your skin has improved drastically too and will be so thin by the time you are 4-5% it will look like paper. Everything is looking excellent right now.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweetness batman............
Thanks

You can see some major changes there DW! It really shows how lean you have become and have put on some good LBM too. You look much better in these pics than in your transformation contest pics, and they was professionally taken pics with a spray tan so that is really saying something. Nice job!
Yah that's a good point, with a tan and if I dried out and carbed up and got professional pics done you'd see some major differences from these, you have to read between the lines on these points...

You look excellent Doug! By far better than you did for your last show. Man when you step on stage at 4-5% it is gonna be so ridiculous! Just phenomenal Doug! Your skin has improved drastically too and will be so thin by the time you are 4-5% it will look like paper. Everything is looking excellent right now.
Thanks so much, there is a few things I am really jazzed about, a) size especially my arms b) skin condition is vastly improved c) symmetry, gotta talk arms here again they are much closer in size...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just want to post and thank you guys for all the support you give me, cuz it really does help and we should not take things like this for granted... When somebody takes time out of there day to help somebody else feel good about themselves it should be acknowledged. Each and every one of you owns a piece of any success I have and you can take that and feel good about yourself, just as I feel good as a role model for others. I just want to be a good example to others and feel good about what I am doing. It's important to leave your mark in life...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well done, should do great in the masters contests at this rate!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well done, should do great in the masters contests at this rate!
Yah I will do fine in Masters, Grandmasters in a big show or both. I do have 2 routines if need be.

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
Wow!!! DW, the improvements continue...Major improvements in detail and leanness! Keep up the good work!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I snapped some pics off in the back yard, it was all I had time for, did not prepare so I am pretty watery but some did not turn out too bad... My posing sucks too, have not been practicing...

View attachment 40690View attachment 40691View attachment 40692View attachment 40693View attachment 40694

I would also help to have a fuggin tan...

Anywho these are my before pics, so I have to say they are my best before pics ever...

DW these pics are insanely fantastic. OMG you have leaned out a lot since the contest. I have read this whole log just to follow along in your journey. Two Thumbs up bud...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow!!! DW, the improvements continue...Major improvements in detail and leanness! Keep up the good work!
Thanks, yah like I have been saying I am seeing plenty of mass go on and for a good part of this lean bulk I was getting a bit leaner, all I have to do is hold this mass while cutting and I should be around 202-205 and hyper ripped... I'm pretty excited.

DW these pics are insanely fantastic. OMG you have leaned out a lot since the contest. I have read this whole log just to follow along in your journey. Two Thumbs up bud...
Thanks I just did not have the time I needed to get lean for that contest. I did what I could, I would likely have done better if I used lean gains dieting style but did not really know it at that time. One thing this proves is lean gains works and works very well. This is the easiest It's ever been to get and stay lean.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Doug you look AMAZING bro, fantastic results!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doug you look AMAZING bro, fantastic results!!
Thanks you know I am more and more enthused. You know when you first take pics and you seem pick up more on the faults than the positives (we're hard on ourselves) but then you look at them again and you get more forgiving.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well looks like I am going to start prepping for October 1st and Musclemania Canada... I will finish this one off with a bang and start up my EPI/V Log soon...

Final weigh in will be Thursday but I am curious so will be checking my weight tonight.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great progress so far Doug, it is night and day difference from your last show that is for sure. I am just starting Epi-V as well, will make sure to sub to your log. Just as an FYI, it has a potent stim complex in it so watch your second dose, I am going to start taking mine around 3 PM I think so it does not effect my sleep. Good luck with the prep and nice mass you added to your frame!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great progress so far Doug, it is night and day difference from your last show that is for sure. I am just starting Epi-V as well, will make sure to sub to your log. Just as an FYI, it has a potent stim complex in it so watch your second dose, I am going to start taking mine around 3 PM I think so it does not effect my sleep. Good luck with the prep and nice mass you added to your frame!
Thanks for the tip... yah 3 sounds perfect for me too..

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doug looks like a beast. Here is to hoping I look as good in 14 years.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
More crushage but missed a rep hear and there, actually that was incline bench and had more to do with my shoulder... major pump and vascularity!! I am getting people coming up to me to ask me questions now at the gym and when I walk down the street even. Was getting some wild looks from people walking past me as well. I must be looking pretty huge. Funny thing is there was no weight gain so far this week, I was actually down a half pound at 208.5. I am looking a bit leaner this week though so might have dropped a bit of fat. Actually I should be watery today from last nights big feed and I looked pretty cut.

Lean gains is a strange bird fat loss seems to come in waves. When I go to 3200 and 2200 I should be able to lose pretty steady based on what I am seeling at 3400 2400...this prep is going to be pretty painless.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh forgot to mention 13 wheel of death.. it's a record but I was hoping for 15. Now my bar of death is way ahead at 17. I almost did not make the 13th last night though, just barely squeezed it out.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the wheel of death basically an ab wheel?

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotcha, thanks, done both, WOD/BOD is fun!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Is the wheel of death basically an ab wheel?

Yes but from a standing start position and back to standing for 1 rep I think?

Damn phone, sorry for answering the already answered question: doh!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am definitely looking much drier and leaner than when I took the pics. I said I was watery and that was what it was. I am feeling huge and tight as well. Some real soreness set in yesterday as I have been really hammering myself at the gym. I should be good to go by tonight though. I am looking forward to getting off this cycle and bridging to something milder cuz the aggression is a bit much. I am way to intense for normal every day life. I love what is happening in the gym though...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am definitely looking much drier and leaner than when I took the pics. I said I was watery and that was what it was. I am feeling huge and tight as well. Some real soreness set in yesterday as I have been really hammering myself at the gym. I should be good to go by tonight though. I am looking forward to getting off this cycle and bridging to something milder cuz the aggression is a bit much. I am way to intense for normal every day life. I love what is happening in the gym though...
Ahhh.... So it is working for ya eh?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh.... So it is working for ya eh?
Yah it does it's job very well but you don't want to be on it for too long. I think it's the Trenazone that causes the aggression. Other than that though it's remarkably side free even the libido is very strong after 4 weeks with no signs of testicular atrophy...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Absolutely crushed it last night!! My god what a pump!! I literally had someone on the street look at me stop and say wow!! My arms were huge!!

Decline Db press 100 X 12 drop 90 X 12 wow!! drop 80 X 11
Bent over db row 85 X 12 drop 75 X 10 drop 65 X 8
Standing Arnold press 60 X 12, 50 X 10, 40 X 8
Hammer curls 55 X 12 45 X 8 35 X 9 I was so fuggin pumped my arms were paralyzed Just then a buddy walked in and wow he says I have never seen your arms that big!!
Standing db tri ext 95 X 12 85 X 10 75 X 9
Leg press 500 X 12 450 X 10 400 X 9
Leg curl 150 X 12 135 X 8 120 X 7
Standing calf raise 200 X 12 160 X 10 120 X 10

More reps at 100% than I got when I started at 75% capacity...my intensity is sky high and I can really just crank those extra reps right through the pain...

So cuz I was looking leaner this morning I was surprised to find I was up to 211 and this morning I looked leaner still!! So from 215 to 203 and back up to 211 dropping maybe 5% body fat? lets look at some pics...

Before ....

and After....
Dsc00054.jpg

Just remember I am drier and tanned in the first pics and not prepared in any way for the after pics as a matter of fact I had just wolfed down a 24 oz. Steak and went to the back yard and we snapped off some pics...

Now that I have dried out a bit like I said I am leaner than in my after pics so I am going to have to give myself a solid 7% right now at 211, all I have to do is lose 3 more percent it 12 weeks and maintain my lean mass of 196 lbs and I will be close to 205.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Putting those pics side by side really shows the difference DW. looking bigger AND leaner since being on lean gains

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Absolutely crushed it last night!! My god what a pump!! I literally had someone on the street look at me stop and say wow!! My arms were huge!!

Decline Db press 100 X 12 drop 90 X 12 wow!! drop 80 X 11
Bent over db row 85 X 12 drop 75 X 10 drop 65 X 8
Standing Arnold press 60 X 12, 50 X 10, 40 X 8
Hammer curls 55 X 12 45 X 8 35 X 9 I was so fuggin pumped my arms were paralyzed Just then a buddy walked in and wow he says I have never seen your arms that big!!
Standing db tri ext 95 X 12 85 X 10 75 X 9
Leg press 500 X 12 450 X 10 400 X 9
Leg curl 150 X 12 135 X 8 120 X 7
Standing calf raise 200 X 12 160 X 10 120 X 10

More reps at 100% than I got when I started at 75% capacity...my intensity is sky high and I can really just crank those extra reps right through the pain...

So cuz I was looking leaner this morning I was surprised to find I was up to 211 and this morning I looked leaner still!! So from 215 to 203 and back up to 211 dropping maybe 5% body fat? lets look at some pics...

Before ....

and After....View attachment 40934

Just remember I am drier and tanned in the first pics and not prepared in any way for the after pics as a matter of fact I had just wolfed down a 24 oz. Steak and went to the back yard and we snapped off some pics...

Now that I have dried out a bit like I said I am leaner than in my after pics so I am going to have to give myself a solid 7% right now at 211, all I have to do is lose 3 more percent it 12 weeks and maintain my lean mass of 196 lbs and I will be close to 205.
crap yeah doug. Those love handles on the side disappeared thats the biggest different I notice