Wobmarvels "what's going on in my life for any hints or advice to stop me hijacking other peoples threads" thread

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just a thread I will post on and come back to now and again when I have questions or if anyone is interested in what I'm running and results etc.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Every time I have a situation I often think of it while reading other peoples threads and end up posting about it on their thread when I should really start my own. So here I will post stuff on my mind and if no one responds it's all good.

For the last couple of months or so I have been bulking. Gone from about 175lbs to 200lbs. Hit some PRs in the gym so all good.

Have a pain in my arm now that has gotten worse in the last few weeks but started a good 6 months ago before I even got back in the gym. No idea the cause and have the doctors on Monday to try and see if they think it's muscle, nerve or bone related. Bummer cos I was loving my progress. Anyway will update when I know more.

Last edited:
Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good luck and hope it isn’t anything too serious and that it doesn’t slow you down much.
Thanks. My main theory is nerve related. I can go to the gym and work around it. Presses only really hurt at certain angles. I can press 37.5kg dumbells if lying flat and keeping elbows relatively close to my body but my arm will hurt if I'm sitting at a table and reach across to grab a piece of food. Tried googling it but you know what like. By the end of a websearch it turns out you're dying of about 15 different things.

£20 says that the doctor is useless and says "take a few weeks off the gym. Take ibuprofen and come back in a month if it still hurts"

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What kind of pain in the arm?

just curious I had a what I believe was a pinched nerve in my neck shoulder area a while back. I had more numbness then pain in my right arm shoulder down. Then it moved and just had tingling numb fingers. Then it was just a few tingling fingers. Then one day it just went away.
4-5 weeks it took I went about 7 times to chiropractor to get popped and worked. Also did stretches and anything I could find online at home.

still unsure exactly what it was, or what cured it or if anything cured it.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What kind of pain in the arm?

just curious I had a what I believe was a pinched nerve in my neck shoulder area a while back. I had more numbness then pain in my right arm shoulder down. Then it moved and just had tingling numb fingers. Then it was just a few tingling fingers. Then one day it just went away.
4-5 weeks it took I went about 7 times to chiropractor to get popped and worked. Also did stretches and anything I could find online at home.

still unsure exactly what it was, or what cured it or if anything cured it.
A few months back I noticed if I was lying in bed and put my arm over my head (used to sleep like this) I started getting a dull ache in my arm and after a few minutes if I moved my arm down to my side then a pain would shoot down my arm. Didn't really get pins and needles although I do in the arm I lie on if I lie on my side.

I hadn't been working out for a while at this point so thought maybe getting to the gym and getting my blood flowing would be a good thing. When I started back at the gym things were okay I could do pretty much anything pain free but would notice I could tweak my arm in every day activities like reaching behind me for something or across my body.

I have tried a week off the gym but even with the time off it seems to have gotten worse. At night now I get a constant dull ache similar to what we in the UK call growing pains when your a kid, usually in your legs. Don't know if you have that stateside.

I now can't really do any press with elbows wide or any kind of incline, fly or overhead press without the arm pain. I can do barbell bench with a fairly narrow grip and like I said before dumbells again with elbows fairly close to my sides. I can also do lateral raises no problem, back day is pretty much okay too. Any kind of row or pull down is fine although If I try to go superheavy then I feel an ache in my arm after. Possibly due to the body English used as I get near failure.

So just now I'm going to the gym and doing lighter sets for 15 to 20 reps just to maintain some stimulation. Leg day is obviously fine. I was taking mk677 and I'm trying bpc 157 but I've stopped the mk just now cos I know the water retention will raise blood pressure and I don't know if the doctor will check that so I want to be as "normal" as possible.

If I can find out for a fact that it's muscular or tendon and I need to just stop the gym for a few weeks then that's fine. If it's a pinched nerve or something cause by say arthritis in my shoulder pinching something and I have to work around it for the rest of my life then I'm okay with that too. I just don't want to quit the gym and still be in pain weeks later and have the doctor be all like "hmm, it must be something else"

Other scarier options are things like bone cancer which is apparently extremely rare or a cracked bone but I recon if it's a bone issue it would hurt doing any lift.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Try 10x10 with 10 secconds between sets. If your hurt and limited to light/moderate weights its a great pump and those last 2-3 sets start to feel really heavy.

Use about 50% of your normal 10 rep weights

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is the pain more concentrated to like the elbow area? Just kinda wondering if it isn’t almost like a tennis elbow (tendonitis)

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is the pain more concentrated to like the elbow area? Just kinda wondering if it isn’t almost like a tennis elbow (tendonitis)
Not really. In fact it doesn't really feel joint related. I can do tricep extensions and skull crusher's as long as I have a neutral grip. If I tried with a straight bar I think there would be some pain. I need to check that next time I'm at the gym tomorrow. There seems to be a pressure point where the outer head of me tricep connects to the bone, or at least where it kind of merges with the middle delt. I can press hard and get the pain on a single spot about the size of a 10 pence coin (quarter).

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hopefully, you'll find out something from the Dr.
Countless facts..if it's nerve related, an MRI might will find it..
I have some C5,C6 nerve damage from DJD..And from being stupid younger..
Good Luck Brother..!!
Z...

BJT

Awards
@Wobmarvel Funny you should have posted this as i have a very similar issue. Particularly painful when reaching out and grabbing something. Had an MRI which confirmed frayed and inflamed tendons in the elbow, along with fluid and a bit of calcification. Not nerve damage, as i had expected. Definitely worth getting an MRI if you can, as @PhantomReaper suggested.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@Wobmarvel Funny you should have posted this as i have a very similar issue. Particularly painful when reaching out and grabbing something. Had an MRI which confirmed frayed and inflamed tendons in the elbow, along with fluid and a bit of calcification. Not nerve damage, as i had expected. Definitely worth getting an MRI if you can, as @PhantomReaper suggested.
Thanks for the response. Just back from the doctors and his opinion is tendon impingement at rotator cuff. I have an appointment with the physiotherapist in an hour or two so will see what comes of that.

BJT

Awards
Seeing physio in an hour myself. Best of luck!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So definitely rotator cuff. Which is cool. Said I'm absolutely fine to go to the gym and do any exercises I want that don't cause pain, which was also good to hear. I have been given some resistance band exercises to do daily or as a warm up to help. He demonstrated one at the clinic which provided instant relief so that's also a good sign.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So definitely rotator cuff. Which is cool. Said I'm absolutely fine to go to the gym and do any exercises I want that don't cause pain, which was also good to hear. I have been given some resistance band exercises to do daily or as a warm up to help. He demonstrated one at the clinic which provided instant relief so that's also a good sign.
Glad to hear they gave you a answer, also great that you found some relief, hopefully a speedy recovery!

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So ended up taking a band with me to the gym. Basically instructed to lie on an incline bench at different angles and pull tight and press as if pressing dumbells for high reps, did 3 or 4 times 25. Seemed to help. Managed 6 reps with 40kg dumbells on flat bench which is a pr for me so happy with that. Arm pain is still there but it's crazy how much better I feel knowing I've had it diagnosed. Back on the mk tonight and will keep taking the bpc even though possibly not needed plus it's oral which some argue does nothing anyway.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh that is a decent one, I've used that for warm ups in the past. Glad it is giving some relief! Of course it won't immediately eliminate the pain, but continual use may lead to that outcome.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm glad to hear that they were able to figure out what it was and that the exercises they gave you are providing you with some relief.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So what are peoples thoughts on anabolics aiding healing. I would assume that anything involving muscle repair would be sped up, or improved in some way but maybe nerve or tendon would not benefit. I realise other factors such as not being able to lift as heavy due to the injury would waste the anabolic so to speak plus pros and cons of healing Vs suppression and estrogen ballance would need to be evaluated. Just wondered people's opinions on this.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I broke my shoulder and had some nerve issues in it after my accident last year. I didn't use any anabolics because there would have been no use as I couldn't work out for over a year, but the best thing I did at the time was CurcuPrime Gel for the inflammation.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I broke my shoulder and had some nerve issues in it after my accident last year. I didn't use any anabolics because there would have been no use as I couldn't work out for over a year, but the best thing I did at the time was CurcuPrime Gel for the inflammation.
Yeah I don't really have inflammation. Don't actually know if I have an injury yet. Apparently when people used the term impingement they were incorrect. The shoulder isn't "pinching" a tendon it's an imbalance between the four rotator cuff muscles that has caused one or two to cause the pain when I move in a certain way. Not sure I buy that explanation. The pain definitely isn't in my shoulder though but my upper arm. If I do the exercises and the pain is still there in a few weeks I need to go to hospital to find out if I have actually torn something. Would have been nice to have had that option checked out first but hey that's the NHS for you. Cheapest solution first.

I'm seeing a lot of prohormones i.e. hdrol epi DMZ etc. on black Friday offers at the moment so I'm tempted to get something. However when I seriously think about it I slap myself around the face. My gyno has reduced and stabilised. My sex drive is better than it's been in a long time and with possible hospital visits coming up I don't really want to be taking something that I know doctors wouldn't be happy with. Apparently unreal supps have some black Friday offers coming up so may see what anabolic effect or anabolic xt are going for... Not for healing just for general performance improvements in the gym.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah I don't really have inflammation. Don't actually know if I have an injury yet. Apparently when people used the term impingement they were incorrect. The shoulder isn't "pinching" a tendon it's an imbalance between the four rotator cuff muscles that has caused one or two to cause the pain when I move in a certain way. Not sure I buy that explanation. The pain definitely isn't in my shoulder though but my upper arm. If I do the exercises and the pain is still there in a few weeks I need to go to hospital to find out if I have actually torn something. Would have been nice to have had that option checked out first but hey that's the NHS for you. Cheapest solution first.

I'm seeing a lot of prohormones i.e. hdrol epi DMZ etc. on black Friday offers at the moment so I'm tempted to get something. However when I seriously think about it I slap myself around the face. My gyno has reduced and stabilised. My sex drive is better than it's been in a long time and with possible hospital visits coming up I don't really want to be taking something that I know doctors wouldn't be happy with. Apparently unreal supps have some black Friday offers coming up so may see what anabolic effect or anabolic xt are going for... Not for healing just for general performance improvements in the gym.
The reason I mentioned my experience was when I broke my shoulder, the nerve damage I was dealing with was linked to inflammation, which I couldn't physically tell that I had at the time. But where I was feeling the issue was a tingly line running down my arm and in the elbow area - at first I thought it was secondary damage or something got missed. But by treating the inflammation around the nerve issues in the shoulder, it helped the area where I was feeling it in.

I hope I explained that in a way that makes sense.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been reading up a lot on rotator cuff issues. There is a chance I could be aggravating it with my exercise choices causing an unbalanced. The physio guy said to keep working out at the gym but didn't stress exercises to avoid. Which ones to do etc. I've read that if I'm increasing strength in say a barbell or dumbell press but not increasing strength in the likes of rows and/or laterals etc. then that can cause issues. I recon I had an underlying issue that has slowly been made worse by my progress in the gym. All of my lifts have gone up in weight over the last few months but not by the same percentages of weight. I don't lift super heavy weights by a long shot but when I went back to the gym I was using 25kg dumbells for 12 to 15 reps. Last workout I used 40kg dumbells for a fairly easy 6. I get that doesn't mean I should be using 40kg for laterals but my lateral raises have gone up by possibly 2 to 3 kg. Rows are getting stronger but not by the same amount.

I should avoid any heavy overhead press which is fine because lawnmower pulls, or basically cable laterals are a recommended exercise so I do these. Pull downs behind neck are a no no which is pretty much common sense these days but any pull down should have a slight lean back to make it a slightly angled row.

I'm still doing the band work and for the time being I'm dumping my ego and dropping the weight for sets of up to 15. Not going to failure to the point of using bad form to get the last couple of reps. Will play this out a few weeks and see where I'm at.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Email from predator this morning saying that some products will be discontinued this December due to a letter from a regulatory body.

muscleman

muscleman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I know from personal experience that traditional Chines medicine and acupuncture can do almost miraculous things beyond what is believed bywestern science if performed by a skilled practitioners.
It has the possibility the heal the whole body and hormonal imbalances and more and some little nerve pinches an shoulders and things might heal even quicker.

Had acupuncture from a great Japanese practitioner female famous practitioner that in my experience wasnt as good and then last an amazing male Chinese practioner who dod some amazing things quickly finding just the right spot to open some blocked energy and that provided amazing results.
It cost a bit and good luck finding a good one in your area if you Ould even consider such mystical medicine. Good luck recovering no matter how its gonna happen actually :love:

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So have been going to the gym a bit less, have not been feeling great. Lethargy, achey and stuff. Have been doing the band stretches and when I do go I always do a warmup of a couple of sets of rear delt flies on machine fairly high rep and some stretches. Did a chest day yesterday and managed to equal my PR on bench and also managed some inclines which is the first time in a while. Could be because I have had extra days off the gym or because of the stretches, maybe both. Either way a positive sign.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I have possibly asked this before but what are peoples opinion on mk causing gyno growth. I know mk doesn't cause gyno but if it's established then could it cause it to grow?