Should I keep going? (X-gels)

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tweaked my lower back and strained my left glute squatting. Wondering if I should discontinue my x-gels run due to pro inflammatory effects. Don't think need extra inflammation as I'm trying to heal. Thoughts?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tweaked my lower back and strained my left glute squatting. Wondering if I should discontinue my x-gels run due to pro inflammatory effects. Don't think need extra inflammation as I'm trying to heal. Thoughts?
I think it really depends on how you respond to X-Gels personally.

We rarely hear reports of people saying that it causes any issues with injury related inflammation. The people that I often caution away from using it are more the people that have chronic inflammation from an auto immune condition, like myself.

I could make an argument for you to stop or an argument for you to keep going - but it really depends on how you respond to it personally.

How long ago did you tweak your lower back and glute? The reason I'm asking is if you're talking something serious and you've been hurting for weeks, I'd probably stop. If you're talking something that may heal up on its own in a couple days, I'd probably keep my run going.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I dont think the inflamation thing is going to carry over into prolonging a injury, i think you should base your decision around your ability to train. Can you still kill your pressing movements, Maybe reduce the weight increase the reps and sets, maybe you can still do some isolation exercises for legs and so on. If you think you're still capable of having some good training sessions with what you can train, I'd go for it. But if you think you should be resting and recovering and not really working out very much Or very hard then probably pull the plug

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I appreciate the input. I was more concerned with just that proinflammatory pathway and if the excess cytokines and what not would prolong the healing of the leg. I definitely can work around it. I tweaked it last Wednesday and it's already getting better. Pepti-plex and growth factor xt coming in handy haha. I also was talking joint xt to help with shoulder issues so I'm not worried about the upper body just didnt want to prolong my healing time by the overall increase in inflammation.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I appreciate the input. I was more concerned with just that proinflammatory pathway and if the excess cytokines and what not would prolong the healing of the leg. I definitely can work around it. I tweaked it last Wednesday and it's already getting better. Pepti-plex and growth factor xt coming in handy haha. I also was talking joint xt to help with shoulder issues so I'm not worried about the upper body just didnt want to prolong my healing time by the overall increase in inflammation.
I think you're fine to continue, especially if its getting better already. Just my opinion.

NeoCycle98

Awards
Probably not the greatest first post I could make, but maybe my input could add something as I’ve taken arachidonic acid and I have a chronic auto inflammatory condition. Interestingly, one that could get triggered by something as simple as stress. I’ve been in remission for about 3 years now, thank god. However, I took arachidonic acid during a cycle last year and wasn’t shy about dosage, I didn’t experience a restart of symptoms or trigger a single attack. I took it for 8 weeks on cycle.

While I wouldn’t take it again because of my condition and there is a medical anomaly known as “background inflammation” and I wouldn’t want to take chances, but for an injury, I doubt it would hinder the healing process too much.

Good luck man

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd just keep on eye on how you feel while taking it. If you notice your lower back problem gets worse or leads to sciatica or something then just drop it.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'd just keep on eye on how you feel while taking it. If you notice your lower back problem gets worse or leads to sciatica or something then just drop it.
Appreciate your transparency yeah I'm going to throw it back into the mix and adjust my training accordingly.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Often tweaks go away within a few days and the movement that caused it can be addressed by doing something different (like walking lunges).

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How you running this Bro? How’s the run going? Been ready about Pepti plex and it’s pique my interest in its general profile and benefits.

hercules_22

hercules_22

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How you running this Bro? How’s the run going? Been ready about Pepti plex and it’s pique my interest in its general profile and benefits.
Can't say much bout pepti-plex since I'm still on the first bottle, and I've only been taking xgels pwo 3x/ week at 6 pills. But still om first bottle so hasn't been too noteworthy. It's only been like 1 week and a half with peptiplex since the injury. Hopefully it shines on the next bottle. I'm also running anabolic xt and growth factor xt so can't pinpoint unique effects for pepti plex.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm also running anabolic xt and growth factor xt so can't pinpoint unique effects for pepti plex.
That sounds like a pretty nice SNS stack. Interested to see how it's treating you in a few weeks time.