Getting bigger and leaner with Alpha, 550, and Epi-V.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
A quick update on supps. I'm going to be drinking genomyx protocol intra workout for awhile while using origin pre workout. I have dropped perform and replaced it with amidren. I have dropped thermadex and Achilles.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A quick update on supps. I'm going to be drinking genomyx protocol intra workout for awhile while using origin pre workout. I have dropped perform and replaced it with amidren. I have dropped thermadex and Achilles.
Why the dropping of Achilles? I thought you have joint issues in the shoulders?

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Why the dropping of Achilles? I thought you have joint issues in the shoulders?
The issues with my shoulder are more muscular then joint. I have pain in the joint because of built up scar tissue not let the shoulder fall into its proper place. Achilles would not be able to fix this. That is what my ART doctor is for. We will see how much 550 does for my other joints and bring back in Achilles if need be.

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd just seen this have been following on the Finaflex forum. Keep up the good work. I'm far from the most educated guy following but it seems to me it wouldn't hurt to up your carbs a little if your going to be running all this a keep busting your butt your body will make good use of them. Just my .02 good luck

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I plan on working on the carbs. If I feel I need them I am going to up them. Generally my weekend contain a lot more carbs then weekdays.

On another note the next 4 days might be sort a pill here and there as my damn cat knocked my pill organizer on the floor and a few went missing and or got broken but all is well with the cats so far.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Funny moment while out to dinner with friends.

Attachments

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Not sure how I missed this one. Been running nearly the same stack with some tweaks, you should love it. Kill it bro.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The issues with my shoulder are more muscular then joint. I have pain in the joint because of built up scar tissue not let the shoulder fall into its proper place. Achilles would not be able to fix this. That is what my ART doctor is for. We will see how much 550 does for my other joints and bring back in Achilles if need be.
Definitely keep us updated on how 550 treats the joints.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Oh I will. The big thing I'm waiting for is the decreased recovery time. I love when that kicks in. I did add in cycle armor. Not that I think I need it but it also can not hurt.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
550 down, alpha down, breakfast down, cycle armor and origin soon to be down then time to crush some bi's and tri's. try to get my volume back up.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
550 down, alpha down, breakfast down, cycle armor and origin soon to be down then time to crush some bi's and tri's. try to get my volume back up.
Yeah buddy! It's going down:p

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weights will be going up! Lol

Question: when taking 1Alpha or 550XD, should fish oil be taken as well? I keep reading that fats assist with the absorption and such? True?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weights will be going up! Lol

Question: when taking 1Alpha or 550XD, should fish oil be taken as well? I keep reading that fats assist with the absorption and such? True?
True.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 - 147.9 (+2.4lbs)

Well weight alone tells me I'm glad I ditched the thermadex. It was just simply to much. Anyway a little info about the workout below. The ending BB curls you will notice 3 10s next to it. The first 10 is standard curls, then reverse grip wrists flexed down then reverse grip wrist flexed up this is done to work my forearms and let me tell you it burns.

5 min warmup

BB standing curls SS with flat BB skull crushers
45x10 - 45x10
45x10 - 45x10
55x10 - 45x10
65x10 - 45x10
75x6 - 45x10

Seated DB curls SS with behind the head DB tricep extension
25x10 - 35x10
25x10 - 35x10
25x7 then alternating to hit 10 reps - 35x10

Rope tricep push downs SS with standing DB hammer curls
30x10 - 35x10
30x10 - 35x10
40x10 - 35x10
50x10 - 35x10

Standing cable skull crusher curls SS with 3 grip BB curls
15x10 - 30x10x10x10
15x10 - 30x10x10x10

Cool down stretch and push-ups.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can feel the arms growing from here! Good workout man!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man, at first it does not look like alot and then realize everything is supersetted and damn it took a lot out of me. Funny I always see these to kids at the gym granted i say kids I'm guessing they are 18. They are there for around the same amount of time I am. However while they are pacing around the gym with there hands in there pockets I'm kicking ass. By the time I'm done I'm breathing heavy just walking around the gym and I see there kids and its like they have not even broken a sweat.

It's simple if your in the gym and your walking around with your hands in your pockets, your not doing it right.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes sir! Can't pick up anything heavy with your hands in your pockets punk!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't sound like they were doing anything at all you have to be doing something even to do it wrong....

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I looked over once and they were trying to do 60lb BB curls. Zero form, doing the classic use your whole body to throw the weight up in a curl like motion. I do get a kick out of it. And when they do lift it's always 2 sets max.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I looked over once and they were trying to do 60lb BB curls. Zero form, doing the classic use your whole body to throw the weight up in a curl like motion. I do get a kick out of it. And when they do lift it's always 2 sets max.
Now that would be doing it wrong, gyms always full of these jokers, most just don't know any better.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Gives me something to laugh about in the gym. Tomorrow is back and shoulders, another fun day.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look forward to hearing how back n shoulders goes!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Haha I was laughing at some fellas doing the same thing last night, at least they're good for something lol (laughing at)

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Seeing as we are getting a foot of snow right now the gym should be nice and empty, my landlord told me last night I shouldn't goto work. Granted she is semi retired. I was like ummm who is going to pay me if I don't work lol.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 - 147.0 (+1.5lbs)

Today felt good. Pulling motions like shrugs and rows are done wearing versa grips because I tore my right palm all up when I worked my last job. A year of wearing Kevlar rubber dipped sweaty gloves did bad things to the palms of my hands, the versa grips protect my palms nicely.

5 minute warm up

Yates row SS with standing BB row
95x10 - 55x10
95x10 - 55x10
145x10 - 65x10

Seated cable lat row SS Lat pull down
100x10 - 100x10
120x10 - 120x7
140x7 - 120x5

Smith machine BB shrug, bar equals no weight
90x10
140x10
160x10
180x7 (PR)

Seated machine shoulder press
50x10
70x10
90x7

Front DB raises SS Side DB raises
10x10 - 10x10
10x10 - 10x10
12x8 - 12x10

Cool down stretch and push ups.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see any rear delt movements?

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I don't see any rear delt movements?
That would be my inexperience with back movements. Feel free to offer up suggestions. Thanks monte for noticing :)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its for shoulders. Most people have very under developed rear delts. Anyways! Bent over dumbell laterals. Face pulls. Reverse flys on pec dec. Those are three of my favorites. Also high cable rear delt crossovers. I put at least 2 rear delt moves in every shoulder session.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could super set side laterals and bent over laterals for a great burn at the end.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could super set side laterals and bent over laterals for a great burn at the end.
This is personaly one of my favorites. Has that delt looking full and pumped in no time!

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Its for shoulders. Most people have very under developed rear delts. Anyways! Bent over dumbell laterals. Face pulls. Reverse flys on pec dec. Those are three of my favorites. Also high cable rear delt crossovers. I put at least 2 rear delt moves in every shoulder session.
This is personaly one of my favorites. Has that delt looking full and pumped in no time!
Wow thanks guys. Deff taking notes and you will see a difference in next Tuesdays workout.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow thanks guys. Deff taking notes and you will see a difference in next Tuesdays workout.
Feel free to check out my lifts for some ideas.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Will do thank you monte.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
That would be my inexperience with back movements. Feel free to offer up suggestions. Thanks monte for noticing :)
You will regret not doing any rear delt work. I always did them on back day, but now I'm doing MD training and they are done with chest and shoulders. Doesn't matter really I still like doing them with back.

Rev peck deck
Bent over DB lat raise
High cable pulley cross (I have know idea wtf these are really called). Ill try and post a video if I can.

I've never had the results I'm getting with rear delts, until adopting meadows theory, which is moderately heavier weight and higher reps. I'm talking 25-35 reps with heavy weight.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
You will regret not doing any rear delt work. I always did them on back day, but now I'm doing MD training and they are done with chest and shoulders. Doesn't matter really I still like doing them with back.

Rev peck deck
Bent over DB lat raise
High cable pulley cross (I have know idea wtf these are really called). Ill try and post a video if I can.

I've never had the results I'm getting with rear delts, until adopting meadows theory, which is moderately heavier weight and higher reps. I'm talking 25-35 reps with heavy weight.
Yup il make this change immediately. Thanks everyone, any keep up the hard work bean.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Cable x over reverse flyes are awesome for hitting them rear delts. My fav rear delt exercise hands down!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cable x over reverse flyes are awesome for hitting them rear delts. My fav rear delt exercise hands down!
I like super high rep reverse pec dec superset with banded reverse flys. Kind of hard to explain but it blows those delts up good too.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 - 147.3 (+1.8)

Well today was cardio day and a short one at that. I'm not suppose to work till 8 but my boss likes to schedule a delivery at in this case 9 buts its an hour and fifteen minutes away so I gotta start at 7 just to get everything done before I have to leave so my workout gets screwed with.

Well 30 minutes on the treadmill at 15 incline and 2.5 speed. Really solid up hill fast paced walk.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have u ever checked ur bf % btw?

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
No never monte. Couldn't even guess at it.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The reason I'm wondering is because I don't understand why you are doing cardio lol. IMO it looks like you might be a hard gainer type and would benefit more from no cardio and more weights. Just thinking out loud.

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing it more for conditioning my lungs. I have bad asthma so for me it's good to at least get active like that once a week. Kinda like a workout for my lungs. That's why I lowered the intensity this week. It was more like a leg workout.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh ok. Carry on sir :)

PREracing25

PREracing25

Awards
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm doing it more for conditioning my lungs. I have bad asthma so for me it's good to at least get active like that once a week. Kinda like a workout for my lungs. That's why I lowered the intensity this week. It was more like a leg workout.
In that case shorter intensive sessions. You could desing your workouts to rip up your lungs and forgo the cardio though.