Getting big and Lean with Anabeta/X-gels/Alphamax and more

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
youd be surprised how independent us 21y/o are.. especially in my area in way north wisconsin where we graduate with 50 people next to us... we are all on our own!
Smart kids! It's never too late to become who you're meant to be but don't wait forever like some of us did, that's all I'm saying. I feel like I started my life all over again at 32 but at the same time, I don't think I would have taken college too serious if I had started at 18. :)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Almost any job requires a college degree of some type. A college degree is starting to become as common as a high school degree. Not only do we need degrees now, but you also need experience...for an entry level job. I was looking at openings a few months ago and some entry level positions require 3-5 years of experience. How the hell am I supposed to get experience if an entry level job requires it?
'MERICAN logic right there... I know what you mean, My end goal is to hopefully run my own gym and train clientele but I guess I gotta start somewhere
Smart kids! It's never too late to become who you're meant to be but don't wait forever like some of us did, that's all I'm saying. I feel like I started my life all over again at 32 but at the same time, I don't think I would have taken college too serious if I had started at 18. :)
32? psh dont look a day over 25. But at least you went back, thats the real respectable thing.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
32? psh dont look a day over 25. But at least you went back, thats the real respectable thing.
Thank you! I feel better than I did at 23. :D

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all 1 review coming in hot after my first day off of anabeta! ALso had a great "bro day" yesterday at the gym and even set a pr (new pr on a newer lift) that i hope to keep improving!

not much else to say besides the fact that i didnt track macros towards the end of the day because i just needed that refeed! SO lets get into yesterday!

supplement dosing yesterday was
2 Alphamax at 9am and then 2 more at 1100 before ed
2 anabeta at 4:00 with carb meal and 1 taken with a big pasta meal ebfore bed
2g ALCAR 20min pre workout
4 X-Gels 20min pre workout
2 scoops GLycergrow 20min pre workout
1 scoop C4

Intra
7g creatine
1 scoop of glycer grow
1 scoop of Recover Pro

The Workout

Pause Bench (3 seconds down,2 second pause. fire it up as fast as possible
135x5
185x5
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3

felt great, my chest feels hella strong lately, wish i could say the same about my legs though!

Behind the neck Split Jerk
135x3
155x3
175x3
195x3
215x3<<< PR and destroyed the back of my neck on the way down.

my training partner was trying to help me lower it onto my traps but he pushed it a little to far on the last one and ended up scraping my neck pretty good :p

Close Grip Bench Press
135x5
185x6
205x6
225x6 REP PR

ive done 5x5 and 225 but never attempted 6 reps so i guess thats a pr!

Skull Crushers

70lbs+bar for 3 sets of 8

Cable Tricep Kick backs
3 sets of 10@30lbs

CLose Grip cable curls
57.5x10
70x10
77.5x10

2 sets of 15 and 1 set of 10 of laying straight leg raises and 1 set of 30 butterfly crunches and i was out!

Workout felt great and i had a pretty good pump all evening. topped off with some homemade rigatoni and a meat sauce with 90/10 sirloin.

also had a great surprise i forgot to mention! This tuesday one of my good friends from high school (whose like a brother to me) surprised me and came to visit the first day he got back from iraq. hes in the explosive removal department of the army (basically any bombs etc they find, they shoot them off/detonate/ or destroy them in a safe location). SO i was working with a customer and i saw him out of the corner of my eye and had to do a double take.... damn Near shed some man tears as hes been gone for about 18 months and got screwed over on his leave a couple weeks back so he missed my other friends wedding!

The main point to all this (besides the fact were gonna have great month til he goes back) is that in high school i brought all of my weights over by him and he had a ton of metal weights already to which we lifted with almost every day. I asked what he was doing with all of them and he said nothing so im hoping to get close to 800lbs in plates. 2 bars. a somewhat old school shotty bench. and my adjustable dumbbells (that you add plates to) back along with a ez bar. SO I may have a home gym in my garage that I can lift with this winter! Ill grab a set of bumper plates to do cleans and deadlifts and snatches with as well to not wreck the floor!

Hopefully this all goes through and then ill have it good!

Also an update, i will not be lifting monday and tuesday as ill be at a waterpark so itll be hard to update. BUT Alphamax will be finished saturday evening so my review will be up next week mid week sometime.

ALSO to any SNS reps, i will be running X-Gels on monday and tuesday first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, just because id like to keep the routine built up in the system. I may hit the hotel gym for a little "pump" workout and maybe some cardio but nothing too serious.

The evil plan is starting today, running these two supps to help bridge me into my next log, starting as soon as X-Gels runs out in 4 weeks!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's some awesome surprise man! Glad you're getting to spend some time with your buddy that you didn't know was coming! And all of those weights are an added bonus for sure!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
That's some awesome surprise man! Glad you're getting to spend some time with your buddy that you didn't know was coming! And all of those weights are an added bonus for sure!
Absolutely! it was awesome. Gonna get a lot of the guys together back from high school and maybe go paint ballin or golfing or whatver!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's cool he surprised you. I have lost touch with a lot of high school buddies, marriage, kids, divorce, marriage... your circle becomes real small.

Enjoy it,... Golfing sounds best. We don't have many nice days left here in the Midwest

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
ORIGINAL ANABETA REVIEW

OG ANABETA REVIEW

First off I'd like to thank nutriverse and PES for offering the OG Anabeta at an affordable "college student price". While I would like to try the updated version as well as Anabeta Elite, it is a bit out of price range, I believe I will take a brief break from the series for now... :)

Going to give my honest opinion on everything here and base my review on a 1-5 scale as this was NOT a sponsored log, 1 being crappy/no effect, 5 being awesome/outstanding in this aspect. While i dont have pics necessarily, Ill give you my feedback on what i noticed over these 8 weeks! Also it was to be noted that i obviously ran other supplements along side it so my review will be on the "claims" that PES put on this product! Lets dive right in.

Dosing-- I dosed Anabeta generally the same time/way almost every day. On workout days i dosed 2 with my preworkout meal, mainly higher in carbs moderate protein. I would have my preworkout meal anywhere from 2.5hours before lifting to 1 hour before lifting. On off days I would dose my Anabeta usually 1 cap with every bigger meal. meals would be spread out throughout the day so i cant guarantee timing on that, but what did stay consistent was that i took 1 per day. ON OCCASION when I was unable to eat 4-5 moderate sized meals per day, and only had 3 meals per day, I would take 2 caps with my largest meal. That is how I dosed this daily.

Muscle Fullness 4.5/5- Alrighty so to start, One thing that I noticed most about this product was the increased muscle fullness. Starting about week 2, i looked and felt fuller, while noticing no increase on the scale. Shirts fit a bit tighter in the right spots. everything just looked bigger. By about week 6 it was extremely noticeable. I cant compare without a pic right now (can take one tonight possibly) but it honestly started to look like one of those before/after advertisements. Whether or not this is just a water/glycogen retention in the right place, or over these 8 weeks i simply did put on a few lbs of mass, I like the way i look!

Nutrient Partitioning 4/5 -- Despite giving this just a 4/5, this was probably tied for the 2nd best nutrient partitioner alongside slinsane. My favorite was glycobol being #1 but this isnt far behind. I think this is what lead me to look and feel so full, was the constant shuttling of glycogen and protein into the muscles! I think this also attributed to me not gaining much weight while i was bulking. For most of the 8 weeks i was taking in between 350-450g carbs on the daily, and looking in the mirror, i wasnt ever really unsatisfied with weight gain or bloat around my stomach area, while also, as stated many times before, looking bigger and fuller. This product really shined here!

Vascularity/pump 3.5/5-- While this isnt something that really was supposed to be a big thing with this product, i felt like i shiould note it. the 3/5 was given simply because on a scaleof (1-hemavol ;) ) it did a very good job giving mea decent pump and increasing vascularity. Even hours after my workout when I would take the last two caps with a carb meal, I would lsowly start to see veins popping out as the night went on. As for intra workout, even though i trained a lot for power with low reps high sets. I started to see quad, calf, and in increase in upper body veins. Thats one aspect that I loved about this product, because as stewie says, if theres one thing women like, its a vascular man!! And who doesnt like looking like a road map every now and then. If only my bodyfat was just a bit lower....

Other overall Benefits 5/5-- Im making an "other" category for the sake of how great i felt on the product. If there was one downfall to it, it was weird tasting burps but aside from that i had nothing but positives. I believe i did put on a bit mass while staying relatively lean while using this. Having added muscle, while also having the appearance of putting on roughly 5-10 pounds is something that i know everyone would like! While im not saying Anabeta did this alone, I also had many other Pr's throughout using it, including bench going from 285-Easy 300. Clean from 275-282. Most importantly my squat staying rather constant and hitting PR triples and doubles, And many other accessory lifts going up by weight and reps. Overall, anyone looking to bulk cut or just recomp would easily be able to add this to their arsenal and be impressed.

OVERALL id like to give this product a 4.5/5 and a "I would use again" stamp of approval. Note this is the original Anabeta and not the elite version or revised version. For anyone who is just here to read the reviews, it is a great NATURAL product that does not effect your hormones whatsoever if youre looking for something to use outside of the basics! Again id like to give a shoutout to PES for making another solid tried and true product and I look forward to trying the elite version in the near future!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good afternoon everyone! Nothign to exciting to post as it is an of day! Yesterday was the typical alphamax dosing with 2 am and to right before bed. Still looking fairly lean so tomorrow is my last day on alphamax and im going to make sure to get a picture.

Very excited with what this has done for me leading up to this vacation! ill make sure to post a few pictures of the waterpark etc while im there and when i get back and then have before/after pics and a review mid next week!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't wait to see the pictures man! Nice AB review as well.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to see the pictures man! Nice AB review as well.
Thanks any! Alphamax will be getting a hell of a review as well!! Pictures taken this morning with horribad lighting so hopefully you can tell a bit of a difference!! I'm feeling good though and I'm hoping I can use the slinsane and hmb as sort of a damage control for this early week! Aside From that I may only be updating at night because ill be swimmin all day. But when I get back it's back down to business!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome Anabeta review. I love that stuff, I have been using it since the first pre sale back in the day.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning everyone! This time off was ALMOST perfect, EXCEPT....... my girlfriends little brother (who has no manners) got everyone sick. He had a cold the day before we left and we thought wed be ok but, he never once covered his mouth and coughed on people thinking it was a joke etc... Even though he got yelled at he still cried his way out.. ughhh i cant stand that 5 year old... Anyhow, we got sick the last half day we were there thank god so we still had a tons of fun. Im feeling a little sluggish, a bit dizzy and have the sore throat/stuffy nose issue but overall i think ill still be able to lift and manage! Ill be writing my review this afternoon at work on Alphamax and then posting pictures tonight. I noticed that my before and after pictures arent really all that great and besides the terrible lighting, i dont look like I changed that much. but because i train for strength, I will be able to say a lot about the results thus far. SO I also did not take the X-Gels like I had Thought I would, mainly because the gym at the hotel was reallllly low on any weights and I wanted to save my strength for the actual workouts.

Ill start typing my review now and just submit it when I get the chance, in case work gets busy!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear you got sick! Looking forward to your review

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Alphamax Review

ALPHAMAX REVIEW

I'd first like to give a shoutout to the entire Performax labs staff for following along on my journey and being extremely helpful! I had other reps stop in here and their which i appreciate but you guys really take the cake as far as customer service/care goes. And that is one of the few reasons Alphamax will become a staple in my stack whenever I can use it (after breaks of course) A lot to write here in this review so im going to jump right into it!

Alphamax Dosing was simple in my case. 2 in the morning upon waking and 2 right before bed. I took it both with and without food sometimes but it is

Lean/drying abilities 5/5- I'd like to first start out by saying my first 7 of 8 weeks on this I was bulking and in a slight caloric surplus, often times exceeding 4k calories. One thing that stayed consistent with this was that i never looked or felt bloated while on Alphamax. I stayed fairly lean and hard during the surplus and didn't have that puffy look. Most people will complain that a product doesn't work on a bulk because they gain quite a bit of weight basically eating whatever they want. Well I had high sodium and generally over a gallon of water a day and I never once felt like I was letting myself go. This product will be very versatile to you in a bulk cut or recomp.

Size/strength gains 5/5 While I would have like to have blood work done, I couldn't mainly because I was broke and cant really afford that right now. But this is another aspect that shined greatly during my run. Ill post some pics later like I stated, and as I've said before i didnt gain much for size, but that's mainly because i don't train for size being mainly an olympic lifter. One thing i did notice though is my back did increase and my chest/triceps increased in size most noticeably. Aside from that you'll notice the multiple Pr's throughout my log that i achieved. I added quite a few lbs onto my bench, increased endurance/triples/doubles on my squats my olympic lifts also increased and heavier weights became easier to add reps. This product is something i believe all strength athletes who dont want to get into PH/AAS need to try! This was outstanding.

Sleep/Recovery 5/5- Another key aspect to making gains is obviously getting enough rest and proper recovery times. Well training 4 days a row and squatting almost everyday is something most people wouldnt dare to do. I had been squatting fairly often throughout the year just because thats how my lifting program is created so my body was used to the volume, BUT on Alphamax I wasnt nearly as sore the following day. Usually im pretty sore and have to do an extra long warm up just to get ready for back to back squat sessions, but this worked great cutting my recovery time! On top of that, it is a great quality sleep product containing ZMA. Now i didn't experience all of the various weird dreams that some people claim to have but what i did experience was a longer deeper sleep cycle as well as
waking up feeling more refreshed and ready to take on the day.

Nutrition Label 5/5 Now im not talking about how pretty the label looks, im talking about the profile and ingredients included. For start 3,4 Divaniil is something ive responded greatly to in a few natty test products. I dont necessarily know all the science behind it but understand it is supposed to help increase free test. L-Dopa has numerous positive qualities, from just feeling great, to improved sleep and recovery. Arimistane, is a great product overall helping to lower estrogen, dry you out, and can add quality strength through these various pathways. Forskohlii at 95% Is another great standalone, yet something you could stack, with almost everything to help with some lean mass gains. A very promising supplement that ive seen tons of people use for weight loss or lean bulks. And lastly ZMA which is amazing for sleep and recovery. This product has almost everything you would want as a natty test booster, an AI, or something to throw in your PCT, easily something I would give a 5/5

Other Miscellaneous features 5/5 So most people experience dry joints while on this and fortunately for me I never had that product. I also noticed while taking this I felt hungry quite often which was great considering when I bulk I always find it difficult to eat enough food. Another great feature is you're only taking 2 pills in the AM and Pm and the dosing can be very versatile depending on when you train. As stated before this is great if youre looking to put on mass, lean out, or just recomp your body a little bit. I noticed pretty great strength ganis on it despite it only being a natty product! Nothing but positive things with this supplement. Overall I am giving this supplement a 5/5 and it is something I will definitely take again in 8-12 weeks

Again Id like to thank Performax Labs for creating such a great product. If only there was some way that I could have access to this all the time :D I without a doubt will be logging it again in the future alongside other products!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you so much for the thorough review and all the hard work in here! Looking forward to following your logs in the future as you kick ass in them!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Thank you so much for the thorough review and all the hard work in here! Looking forward to following your logs in the future as you kick ass in them!
not a problem my man, when I do something I like to do it right, you got yourself a hell of product. when I start bulking hard in october im gonna hop back on the product again!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like Nick said great detail in your logs. Glad you enjoyed alphamax as much as we do. Look forward to your future logs.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was a pleasure to follow your log Throw. Shoot me a PM with any future logs, whether or not you're running a Performax Labs product.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the kinds words fellas, it means alot you guys hung around through it all and i definitely appreciate it! Dual posts tonight as work has been hectic but i did get a few pictures onto imgur that i will be posting!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just saw your picture with HMB in it. What made you decide to go for it?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Just saw your picture with HMB in it. What made you decide to go for it?
Well first off I did a little research a few years back and saw it helped with leucine and absorption etc but it was always 35-40 dollars for a 30 day supply, so recently when it was on sale for ~$8 a bottle I decided to pick some up! This was before Clear Muscle was released and the "patented" form of HMB was all the rage. I decided I wanted to do a little experiment with 30 days on HMB but didnt know when, so I waited until now as I bridge this into my next supp stack. After doing more research on HMB (not just the new type in Clear muscle) I decided that based on my fairly high protein diet for bulking, now would be the opportune time. I want to see how recovery+mass improves (if any) on a 30 day run and I actually am tracking protein EXTREMELY carefully now to see how much it helps. I tracked macros before but now im paying very close attention to protein/timing/ amount per meal and I will be writing a little summary on here giving my 2 cents. I hope to eventually run clear muscle ( if I can get it at a fair price) and compare my results on the two. I already know what the X-Gels have done to my body and so I dont believe bridging this with X-Gels will skew the results all that much.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established

so on the left is week 1, on the right is week 4, I went from 231.7-235.4 and then week 8... which lighting is bad buttt.

241.0 meaning almost a 10lb gain, in 8 weeks, as you can tell minimal fat gain from what I can tell or show, hardly any loss of "ab" definition (never had abs in my life) but my top 2 are still visible. I will try and get a back shot up tomorrow as well as I guess imgur deleted that for me :D

Strength gains were also insane while on this and im extremely happy about that as you all know!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Evening all, getting my dual post in so ill be throwing up both workouts from yesterday and today as both days have been hectic getting over being sick!

Supps taken the past two days:

3 HMB per day-one with each larger portion protein meal (50g or higher)
2 Slin-Sane per day- 1 with my two largest carb meals. both usually pre workout.
4 X-Gels Per day-30min pre workout
4 ALCAR Per day-30min pre

the usual pre workout cocktail (shotgun 1 scoop c4 2 scoops glycergrow) with an intra cocktail of 1 scoop aminos, 1 scoop gatorade, 1 scoop glycergrow and 7 grams creatine.

WEDNESDAYS WORKOUT

Back Squat
135x5
185x3
225x2
275x1
315x1 no belt
335x5
335x5
335x5
335x5
335x5
335x5

PRS and im sick!! Never hit this for 5 which I was ecstatic about. only had about 200g carbs in my system as well here!

Bench Press
135x6
185x3 FELT SO HEAVY
225x1 Pause
245x5
245x5
245x5
245x5
245x5
245x5

Wanted to go for 6 but was using a very skinny bar and i think I was just spent here. bounced it off my chest a couple times and was frustrated.

RDL's
135x8
205x8
205x8

Next week gonna go for 225 for 3 working sets

Dips
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8

Leg Press Calf Raises (1 leg at a time)
75x12
87.5x12
100x12

stretching and outtie

THURSDAYS WORKOUT

Snatch
complex with 95lbs
complex with 135
155x1
185x3
185x3 -1 missed but caught it clean
185x3
185x3 no straps/no belt 2 misses where my belt shot off so i didnt use the belt and then 2 misses and 1 make ONLY TO FIND OUT my buddy switched the velcro belts around and he used my good one and i used his **** one.....
185x3 1 miss

ALL IN ALL ive only ever hit 185 for 1 so to hit it for triples was a HUGE PR considering I was only supposed to be working with 165!

Clean
185x2
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3

Caught some of these in a full squat except my feet were a little wide, but did not miss a rep. forced myself to not shrug at the top as hard so I had to get underneath it. Meanwhile some bi*ch who rarely ever uses the gym was staring at me and mumbling under her breath about how I was being so loud dropping the weights... yeah annoying. shut up and fukcing lift woman..

Tricep Pressdowns
117.5x10
137.5x10
157.5x10 PR

workout again was short and sweet and a combination of a couple days workouts, just like wednesdays. I just wanted to hit the highlights here because of how i was feeling.

Overall I am VERY happy with the PR's especially being sick. so im hoping I can keep the ball rolling next week!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning everyone! Nothing to exciting to post up from yesterday besides the fact that I had delicious food with great friends and a solid round of golf which I won on! :D Won myself a free dinner ;) anyhow, finally got a back shot (again with rough lighting) but it finally posted to imgur thank god. No X-Gels yesterday so dosing wassssss::::::

6 Caps of ErgoShred (for energy) throughout the day
1 HMB cap with every high protein meal (3 caps total)
2 Slin Sane caps total with my two highest carb meals

Macros looked like
108g fat
312g protein
378g carbs

back grew a little bit, lats widened but I need someone to take the pic for me as well as i need to learn how to pose... not that its really crucial..

Also please excuse my non existent biceps. not only am i extremely genetically challenged in this department. I rarely work them directly or find something that i feel hits them

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
You lost quite a bit on your lower back and hips!

I noticed that and thought "well maybe it was just because i took the pic at different lengths from the mirror but looking and comparing yes i did infact shrink... while bulking... WUT

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Morning everyone! NOthing to special to report back from yesterday besides the fact that i probably didnt even come close to my protein goal :/ I need to pick up a decently priced tub of protein thats gonna last me a bit, any suggestions..?

Ill be meal prepping tonight for the week thankfully so I wont be losing any of those precious gains that are hard for me to come by!

Dosing for yesterday was....

1 Slin Sane with 2 of my higher carb meals
1 HMB with my only higher protein meal
4 ErgoShred thoughout the day.

Woke up this morning feeling pretty lean/drier than usual so im glad I still have that working for me. Not sure what today has in store for me after work and meal prep but I think its just going to be a lazy day which unfortunately seems like every day... I may carb load just a bit for tomorrow and the rest of the week. I want to try a couple of cool recipes for Rice cooker pancakes and such! so we will see how that goes!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Morning everyone! I didnt realize that i failed to make a post yesterday so sorry about that, it was boring so we are gonna skip sunday all together, I was extremely stressed anyhow :) Lets get rollin back on the PR train!!

Macros for yesterday were...

90g fat
366g carbs
295g protein

Doms are crazy today so idk if thats because im getting near the end of Ara or it was because of the 2 prs i set.... :D

Dosing for yesterday was
4 X-Gels 30min pre workout
4 ALCAR 30 min pre
2 scoops Glycergrow 30min pre
1 scoop c4 in the mouth 30min pre

Intra workout
1 scoop of RecoverPro
7g creatine
1 scoop glycergrow

The workout.

Back Squat
135x4
185x3
225x2
275x1
315x1
352x5
352x5
352x5
352x5
352x5
352x5

ALLLLL PR's i remember i was excited no my last workout to hit 355 for a triple but now i did 5x5 at the exact same weight (roughly)!!

Bench Press
135x5
185x3
225x1
255x5
255x5
255x5
255x5 ugly
255x5 real ugly, last rep i bounced it a bit and slid back on the bench to get it up, hamstring started to cramp i was driving so hard so i had to deal with that...
BUT all PR's again! I was upset because after the first 2 sets my spotter left, and then the 3rd set felt ok but the 4th and 5th were grinders! I need to get that good form/groove back!

RDL's
135x5
185x8
205x8
225x8 << Post hamstring injury pr and also felt good dealing with that stupid hamstring cramp during bench.

Dips
Bwx10
Bwx10
BWx8

wrist started to hurt here but i think this is the most ive done in a setl

1 Leg seated Hamstring Curls
50x8
62.5x8
62.5x8

Flat Dumbbell Bench
65x5
70x5
70x5
75x5
75x5

finally got all 5 sets!

Stretching and I was spent. I was in the gym for about 2 and a quarter hours.... it was tough but today should be a little faster as its mainly a back day. Snatch Pr's on deck hopefully. im skipping the 6x3 week and bumping up to the 5x3 week like i did yesterday. I had been doing the same weight for 6 weeks so i need a changed. gonna see how a 190lb snatch feels. :D

also will be eating my a$$ off to recover right now since doms are kicking my ass.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Morning everyone, another great and stressful workout yesterday that lasted about 2 hours! regardless I got a lot of good quality work done and am looking forward to hitting it again today!

Macros for yesterday were as followed:
Fat: 75g
Carbs 480g
Protein: 248g

It was kinda a mid week carb up HOPING that doms would be so bad today... but I was wrong and they suck :D Gonna stick aroudn 300 for the rest of the week!

Dosing for yesterday was as followed
4 ALCAR 30 min pre
2 Slin sane with my higher carb meals
3 HMB, 1 with each higher protein meal.
1 scoop c4 in the mouth 30min pre

Intra workout
1 scoop of RecoverPro
7g creatine
1 scoop glycergrow

The workout

Snatches
Complex with the bar
Complex with 95lbs
COmplex with 135lbs
135x2
155x1
175x1
185x1
195x2 PR
195x1+1 catch but lost it in front of me
195x1+1 catch and lost it in front
195x1+1miss
195x1+1miss
195x1+1 Overhead squat

I think if I would have dug just a tad bit deeper I could have got those not a problem but my legs were gassed unfortunately and pulling was rough!

Front squats
135x3
185x2
225x2
285x2
285x2
285x2
285x2

These felt much better than expected, although my right calf has been acting up a little bit lately, again everything felt ok!

Lat Pulldowns (wide grip)
70x10
130x8
140x8
150x8
These felt a lot stronger than expected and actually i had pulled these with much better form than in the past

Seated cable row
150x8
170x8
180x8

3 Sets of cable oblique holds @50lbs
3 Sets of russian twists with a 25lb plate 15 reps per side (tried to resist twisting rather than actually twisting)
1 set of planks (left right front)
1 set of 20 oblique crunches for each side, 1 set of 10 per side
1 set of normal crunches.

And that was that!n Recover has been terrible lately and doms are absolutely destroying me so im hoping that today goes well. Ill be attempting a clean PR Double at 262lbs so itd be nice if I could get my 4 sets!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good afternoon everyone! Decided to take off of work today but I will be lifting this evening! Just felt run down and wore out. Also I believe I tweaked my already bad hamstring stretching. I didn't have that pins and needles feeling but sort of that "over stretched" pain that feels like a strain. luckily there isn't gonna be any more legs until next week and its a deload week. 1 set of 4 as a top set! SO today is gonna be more of a bro day and i'm excited about it! Cant hate bro days!

FINALLY GOT MY PROTEIN so im gonna be experimenting with that :D

Macros for yesterday are somewhat unknown. I was at:

35g fat
198g carbs
145g protein before i had this deliciousness

And then unlimited chips and salsa so who knows what my total was at...

Dosing for yesterday was

4 ALCAR 30 min pre
1 scoop ErgoBlast 30min pre

Intra workout
1 scoop of RecoverPro
7g creatine
1 scoop glycergrow

The workout!

Cleans

Complex with 45lbs
Complex with 135
185x2
225x2
245x1
262x2
262x2
262x1 missed second rep
262x1 missed first rep, nailed second rep although ugly.

SO THESE are PR's in fact my previous clean double PR was 245! Wish Id have got it on video but it was SUPER ugly... like Ridiculously ugly, not even full cleans half the time but I got them and thats what counts

Clean Pulls
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2

Front Jerk
45x3
95x3
135x2
155x2
165x2
165x2
175x2
175x2
Finally getting a better rack position to make this easier.

Some miscellaneous abs and I was done! Workout felt good but as I said just had a slight tweak in the hamstring when stretching and leaving. Ill be a little smarter next time on the stretching. Overall very happy with this workout as I set another PR!

Today the only full body lift ill be doing is a behind the neck jerk and hoping for 2 plates for 3 reps! That would be ideal!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Morning everyone! Nothing really new to update you with today besides another solid workout yesterday. Shoulder is a bit sore internally/externally rotating it currently but im hoping a few days rest heals it up. Its probably from not long enough warming up alongside of all the shoulder work ive been doing recently. Im not too worried it should heal up soon.!

4 ALCAR 30 min pre

Intra workout
1 scoop of RecoverPro
7g creatine
1 scoop glycergrow

The Workout

Close Grip Bench Press
45x12
135x6
185x5
225x6
225x6
225x6
Bar felt uneven the whole time but The 6 reps is a pr for 3 sets!

Behind the neck Jerk

45x5
95x3
135x2
155x3
175x3
185x3
185x3
185x3

Kinda hurt my shoulders here but nothing too bad, just need a little bit longer warmup next time. Theyre hurtin today though

Skullcrushers
70lbs +the EZ barx8
70lbs +the EZ barx8
80lbs +the EZ barx8

Single leg Leg Press calf raises

50x15
75x15
100x15
100x15

Dumbbell Curls

25x10
25x10
25x10

1 arm Underhand Tricep pressdown
30x12
37.5x12
50x10
50x6

Close Grip cable Curl
50x10
70x10
70x10

Didnt really keep my macros but for the most part it was a very high carb moderate protein day. finally got some groceries so ill be back on track today!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a much needed off day from the gym, which I used to work and clean and pack and all that not fun stuff. Nothing to really mention from what ive been using but I have been keeping my carbs in check for now. Next week should be my last week on X-Gels if im not mistaken with the possibility of a little spill over into my first week of school.

Macros for yesterday were LOW
66g fat
205g carbs
224g protein.

DEFINITELY not happy with that but its ok, im a little bit better prepared today To hit a higher protein goal! Aside from that the hammy calf and triceps are feeling a bit sore today but I dont see how they wont be ready for my last lifting week at home next week!

Dosing for yesterday was 1 HMB with my 3 largest protein meals, and 1 Slin Sane with the a moderate sized carb meal.

Hopefully if the weather just stays foggy and not crappy Im going to hit the links again for 9 holes of golfing heaven :D

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey everybody! a little sunday update in here! Yesterday was a pretty fun day once work got done. Went and golfed a career low 55 (with the use of 5 mulligans but it was still be a career low 60) on a decent course actually rated nationally. Handicap is around a 55/56 so im pretty happy with that! Back to the grind tomorrow on a somewhat of a deload week until I head back to school!

NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING BACK but it must be done unfortunately.

Hamstring, shoulder, and calf all feel quite a bit better (knock on wood) so tomorrow should be another start of a PR day!!

Dosing for yesterday was:

2 slinsane caps with my high carb meals
3 HMB with my protein meals

Macros breakdown was roughly:
90g fat
325g carbs
255g protein

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're looking really good! :)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
MORNING ALL!! puccah8808 thanks ;)

Another great workout yesterday with a HUGE few PR's again. Not much to say outside of that as I decided to take a week off of tracking my macros to loan my food scale to a friend who im helping out. Plus id like to enjoy some freedom in my last few days before school starts.. :( Lets get into it!

4 ALCAR 30 min pre
1 Slin sane with my higher carb meals

Intra workout
1 scoop of RecoverPro
7g creatine
1 scoop glycergrow

The workout!

Back Squat
135x4
185x2
225x1
275x1
315x1
335x1
375x4 PR
225x2

Absolutely stoked to hit this! its technically my deload week and so 1x4 was all i had for my topsets!

Bench Press
45x5
135x4
185x2
225x1
245x1
275x4 PR

managed to keep my butt down and didnt tuck my elbows that much! Another great PR!! PR before this was 2 reps......

RDL's
135x8
185x8
205x8

kept these light because of the hammy but they felt good!

Dips

BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Flat DB Bench
70x5
70x5
80x5
80x5
100x4.5 WHAT?!?!?! PR!

never even attempted 90's in my life, felt good, old avenged sevenfold was blasting on the radio, so I had to go for it. Had a spotter help with the top half of my last rep because I focused on good form and keeping my butt down chest up etc. Felt a little stretch in my abdomen so thats when I asked for a bit of help But im SUPER happy about that.

Hanging Alternating Oblique crunch and Crunches on the glute ham machine
3 sets of 10 each

AND OUT.hell of a workout and im ecstatic about it :D not much more to say about it. Im thinking X-Gels are finally maxing out all this potential I had ;)

Looking at about 2 weeks left on the product, maybe slightly longer to make it 5 workouts. ALso going for a snatch PR tonight before I get into my working sets for snatch. Not going for anything huge, maybe just 5-10lbs but I feel confident in being able to hit it!!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all, another solid workout in the books! Only 2 more days left on X-Gels and this log will be done-zo Lets finish strong!

Dosing yesterday was......
4 ALCAR 30 min pre
1 scoop ErgoBlast i 30min pre

Intra workout
1 Scoop Gatorade
1 scoop glycergrow

The workout

Snatches
Complex with the bar
Complex with 95lbs
COmplex with 135lbs

155x1
175x1
185x1
205x1 Ties PR
215x0 Missed the bottom position a bit, had it but lost it out in front
225x0x4 Went for the jugular here. unfortunately missed out and on my last attempt hyper extended my elbow a bit. I will get at least 215 on thursday though...

Front squats
135x3
185x2
245x2
245x2
245x2

Lat Pulldowns (wide grip)
75x10
135x8
145x8
160x8
PR for that gym with 160x8

Underhand tricep pressdown
77.5x20
117.5x13
117.5x12
117.5x12

and that was the workout. ELbow is feeling ok today, about 90% so im glad it was nothing major! Gonna try and work myself up to a heavier clean today as well just like i did with the snatches yesterday!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still tons of PRs I see. Awesome work. Have you made anything good with the select? I make muffins and pancakes etc with it.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Still tons of PRs I see. Awesome work. Have you made anything good with the select? I make muffins and pancakes etc with it.
Thanks for stopping in man! Currently Ive just done some pancakes, shakes/smoothies, and I made a sauce with it and PB2. fricken fantastic.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I love all 3 flavors. I have been making some good smoothies with my new Ninja Mega Kitchen, that thing is insane lol.

Watch for the PES Select cookbook coming out soon too, I have a coffee martini featured in it lol.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I love all 3 flavors. I have been making some good smoothies with my new Ninja Mega Kitchen, that thing is insane lol.

Watch for the PES Select cookbook coming out soon too, I have a coffee martini featured in it lol.
I ehard rumors about that a little while back, its for real! Awesome ill have to check it out :D

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone! Even having some issues here trying to move some of my stuff to the dorm etc so I'll make sure to do a full post update tomorrow but just wanted to tell everyone today was my last day on x gels! Review to come this weekend!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hello everybody! Sorry for such a delay the last few days! I’ve been moving in to college and actually have been without the internet (wifi) and will continue not to have it until tomorrow, and of course, silly me forgot my Ethernet cable at home. So it’s actually Sunday right now and I wont be getting to post this until Monday! I’m typing this to give you my final review for Serious Nutrition Solution’s [size=+1] X-Gels[/size]

I want to go ahead and hop right into everything!
[size=+2] Dosing[/size] I dosed X-Gels ONLY on workout days ( which was 4 days per week) This lasted me roughly 12 weeks or the recommended cycle of 50 workout days. I dosed it at 4 caps/1g per day anywhere from 15min pre workout, up to 45min pre workout. I dosed it alongside the Glycerol Monosterate product (GMS.) GlycerGrow, and also dosed alongside a carnitine salt (ALCAR). I dosed the carnitine at 2g, or 4 caps of ALCAR at the same time I took the X-Gels. I dosed the GMS as followed: 5g with my pre workout supplement of choice, and 2.5 g mixed with my intra workout supplement (or sometimes all 7.5g with my pre workout. The dosing for the GMS varied until I found my sweet spot.)

The Review

Strength 5/5 Gonna start out with probably the most noticeable thing I encountered with this supplement was the strength gains. As I said before, on this product my lifts have jumped leaps and bounds, especially coming off of the hamstring injury I had. Just a few to mention were:
Bench 285-305
Squat 405- 395 2x2 375x4 355 6x5 All prs I hit on this product
Clean 275-282 (its a form issue)
Snatch 205-225

And a multitude of other endurance gains and what not. I started seeing major strength gains around my 20th day roughly and they just kept increasing weekly. I felt almost too strong sometimes, where I had to tone it back to prevent any other injuries from happening!

Size gains 5/5 Well for this topic, I cant tell too much of a difference besides a lot more fullness in my muscles. I look a lot bigger but the scale "only" changed 10lbs. I went form about 231-242 over the course of this log. While I only took a few pictures. It almost looked like my waist got smaller while I blew up in my upper body. I definitely enjoy that given the fact that Im lower body dominant. Overall a great mass gainer being that I managed to put on roughly 10lbs in a little under 12 weeks!

Misc 5/5 So the miscellaneous category is basically anything else I noticed and everything that I have noticed was positive! WITH THE EXCEPTION OF GROSS BURPS, but besides that all positives. I did start experiencing doms around the 15th workout, and by that I just mean worse doms than usual but nothing to severe. Didnt experience any sort of dry joints or joint pain either which is great because I had actually worried a little about that. Also I never had to dose any joint product/fish oil/ etc. Aside from that everything was a positive with this product!

Overall I am giving this a 5/5 I cannot wait to try ArA again and im looking forward to trying 1.5g this next time!! I would like to than SNS for another great product addition to their line! Ill be a repeat customer for sure!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Id like to thank all the companies for making great products and stopping in on my log! I appreciate it. Im sorry for the delay but life happened be that I moved into school and they didnt give us wifi until 4PM today! I actually had this typed sunday but just couldnt post it or email it to myself etc. but im glad I was able to finish it now!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Fantastic log and reviews. Much appreciated.