Getting big and Lean with Anabeta/X-gels/Alphamax and more

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
This is my go-to core article: T NATION | 21st Century Core Training

This one has some good stuff too: T Nation | Building a Superhuman Core
So you dont do anything really specifically to work the abs? more/less stabilizing routines for the abs?

The reason I ask is because looking at the first article, the very first exercise are rollouts. those KILL the middle of my back because of a previous injury. (herniated disc) I can only go down so far (because of my weak core) before the middle of my back starts to bend. not at my lumbar spine, but my thoracic, and i suppose it doesnt help that I have lordosis....

interesting, I may incorporate more of these into my routines. I have been doing the jack knifes for a while

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all! Ill start out by saying im in some pretty rough shape this morning.. Yesterdays workout was going great until I started my front squats and my back felt a little weird, almost tight, so i made it through t sets of 2 just thinking my back was wore out. But the more I did them the more pain I felt. I did a couple bodyweight squats in the mirror to make sure i wasnt tucking my pelvis (butt wink) and there was a slight one but I always seem to have that, but now more than ever its felt bad. SO I finished out all my fronts and my back was mildly sore, I thought nothing of it and finished my workout, did some stretching and went home. Well this morning I woke up with such a back ache in my lower left lumbar area that I could barely get out of bed, the pain even had me on the verge of getting sick this morning, after jumping in the shower and warming it up a bit, it got more bearable. I figured out what i could and couldnt do, I can bend and twist to the right, I can bend over slowly, bend backwards to the right but if I dare twist/turn back to the left I feel numb... im debating whether or not to even go in and lift at all today.... any thoughts..? I went in to work ( i sit behind a computer most of the day) But have the option to go home and lay in bed if needed. This really sucks considering everything was going great.....

MACROS FOR YESTERDAY (because my myfitnesspal crashed)
2978 cal
85g fat
279g carbs
257g protein

Dosing for yesterday was...
2 alphamax at 930 am and 2 alphamax at 12 before bed
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken with a some tilapia and ground beef
4 X-Gels taken 30min Pre workout
4 ALCAR taken 30min pre workout
2 scoops Glycergrow taken with my c4
1 scoop of c4

The workout

Power Clean
45x3
135x3
185x2
225x1
230x4
230x4
230x4
230x4
230x4

These were tough but I got them! Messed up on a few of the catches where my hands slipped but if I cant get it up to my shoulders I count it

Bench Press
45x5
135x5
185x3
225x1
250x4
250x4
250x4
250x4
250x4

PR city. never hit 250x4 once, let alone for 5 sets!! Was super happy here!

Front Squat
135x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2

This is where it went south....

Dumbbell Front Raise

25x10
30x10
30x10
30x10 (did this set 1 arm at a time.)

Isolateral Cable Oblique Hold This was so stupid to do with back issues....
30lbs x20 sec each side
50lbs x20 sec each side
50lbs x20 sec each side

DId some stretching and went home

well that was it for the day, barely ate after I got home because i just didnt feel well at all. hopefully this loosens up a tad and maybe i can go into the weightroom and bang out some numbers

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work on another PR. I would take the day off of gym and rest that back up. You may hate to skip today, but you would really hate to miss a lot of time if it worsens.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Nice work on another PR. I would take the day off of gym and rest that back up. You may hate to skip today, but you would really hate to miss a lot of time if it worsens.
Probably the best bet :/ im just nervous im going to lose a bit of strength, especially after getting it back finally from that 2 week hiatus! Ill take the day off and hit it tomorrow, if worse comes to worse maybe ill make it a "bro day" and work arms or something

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Well, what I have decided to do today, so that the day isnt an entire wash, is im going to carb up, hopefully around 300g, and go in and do some arms! Thats not going to affect my back and if it does then I will just do some light cardio. But what a perfect time to train some arms for the first time in forever, and really test out this pump everyone is talking about ;)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hope the back gets better ASAP
Thanks bud, its been getting better as the day has gone on, considering just testing it out and seeing how it feels under 135. if its meh ill just drop it and move on to arms! I think its just a slight strain, nothing to be concerned too much with! Ill play it smart

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bud, its been getting better as the day has gone on, considering just testing it out and seeing how it feels under 135. if its meh ill just drop it and move on to arms! I think its just a slight strain, nothing to be concerned too much with! Ill play it smart
That's your best bet, play it smart. Even if it feels fine, you never know. A strain is still a tear in the muscle. Even a slight strain can take a week to fully heal.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
That's your best bet, play it smart. Even if it feels fine, you never know. A strain is still a tear in the muscle. Even a slight strain can take a week to fully heal.
You got it man! Ill post the full workout tomorrow, but I did get some squats in at the weight I was supposed to and I felt fine, I stopped before any issue could get to me! Ill post the full workout tomorrow, ill probably be sore and regret it butttt ;) you know Ill be smart about everything!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning all! Happy to say the back is feeling a bit better this morning and more of the dull achy feeling has moved more towards my oblique region rather than my back, which is odd considering my oblique /lower lat has given me problems in the past buttttttt I think the time off will help. SO i Went ahead and did half the workout and then some additional arms yesterday just to make sure I still felt ok, which I did! I forgot my workout at home though (grrrr) So ill have to go from memory and edit it later if its wrong! Lets get into it!

Dosing for yesterday was...
2 alphamax at 10 am and 2 alphamax at 11 before bed
2 anabeta taken 1hr pre workout with a meal (75g carbs) 2 taken with a some groudn beef/chicken/steak/rice mexican mixture :)
1 scoop of c4

The workout

Back squat
135x4
185x3
225x2
275x1
all unbelted
295x6
295x6
295x6

Was supposed to hit 6x6 but played it smart, ill be making these up in another workout :) no reps left behind

Romanian Deadlifts (were probably a bad idea)
135x5
175x5
175x5

felt a good stretch in the ham and glutes but my lower back bothered me only when i unracked it. so i figured 2 sets were enough id finish it later

Close Grip Bench Press
135x5
185x5 Paused reps
205x5 Paused reps
205x5 Paused reps
215x5 last rep was paused

Paused only to see where my strength was at from a dead halt. ALSO the bar felt uneven as fuk and I was all over the place when going straight through with them. I think the 45lb plates are uneven or something...

Underhand Tricep Pressdown
77.5x12
97.5x12
110x10 drop 70x5 drop 50x7

Incline Dumbbell Curls
20x10 1 arm at a time
20x10 Alternating reps
20x10 one arm at a time (got 6 then switched did 6 more then the last 4)

Overhead Cable Tricep Extension
70x12
90x12
110x10 drop 70x6 drop 50x8

Spider curls
20lbs+the barx12
30lbs +the barx12
30lbs+the barx12
Rest Pause/narrowed grip 4 more reps.

Some light stretching and I was out, the last 4 exercises are from memory and ill edit tonight if need be.

SO funny, my macro breakdown looked like this

which doesnt include the left over spanish rice/onion/steak/chicken combo i ate as well (probably 60g carbs and 35g protein 10g fat)

and this is the most fat ive consumed on this log probably, HOWEVER I managed to wake up and look leaner than I have in probably 2 months. this is CRAZY!!! Im super pumped heading into the weekend. I may try and incorporate one high fat lower carb day on this carb cycle and see how it works. although i think yesterday i was at about 140g fat 280g protein and 280g carbs I still thinking im seeing a great recomp effect on this bulk!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Strong close grip bench press there!
Thanks Ant! My close grip used to be the same as my normal grip about 1.5 years ago. bother were at about 255 weak chest/shoulders and strong tri's made that possible. trying to work back up MY 225 5X5 pr :D

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Happy 4th to all! A quick update form yesterday, there was no lifting because I got out of work extremely late so the dosing was just ....
2 alphamax at 12PM and 2 more right before bed
2 anabeta at 3pm with a meal and 2 more at 7PM with a meal!

Probably wont hear much from me until tomorrow! Back seems to be at the same soreness as yesterday, this morning it was extremely sore but im sure it will loosen up as the day goes on. Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of july. ill update everyone tonight!

OH PS because I only lifted 3 days this week, when should I take my 4th dose of X-Gels since Im trying to take it 4 days per week. Would it be ok to take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning tomorrow?! Thanks everyone!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Happy 4th to all! A quick update form yesterday, there was no lifting because I got out of work extremely late so the dosing was just ....
2 alphamax at 12PM and 2 more right before bed
2 anabeta at 3pm with a meal and 2 more at 7PM with a meal!

Probably wont hear much from me until tomorrow! Back seems to be at the same soreness as yesterday, this morning it was extremely sore but im sure it will loosen up as the day goes on. Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of july. ill update everyone tonight!

OH PS because I only lifted 3 days this week, when should I take my 4th dose of X-Gels since Im trying to take it 4 days per week. Would it be ok to take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning tomorrow?! Thanks everyone!
I would skip that 4th dose of ArA if you're not lifting. Make sure you are massaging your back where it hurts. You want to rest it, but not baby it. Getting blood in there will help.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I would skip that 4th dose of ArA if you're not lifting. Make sure you are massaging your back where it hurts. You want to rest it, but not baby it. Getting blood in there will help.
Probably a good idea, its only 1 day I suppose and yep ive been moving around, stretching it, putting a little biofreeze on it once in a while. ANd then I did some active recovery yard volleyball and swimming and it felt ok, it really only bothers me when I twist back and to the left and its by my oblique, im gonna say by monday I should be all set!

hey all DOsing for yesterday was 2 alphamax upon waking and 2 right before bed
1 Anabeta cap with every meal (lotsa burgers and brats) and typical party food! Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable 4th!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning everyone! Another crazy day yesterday that left me pretty much unable to post until late! Just trying to enjoy the time I have off and the time I have after work while the weather is still decent out. Havent really been keeping track of macros, Just been trying to eat as much protein as possible and not splurge :D meal prep for the week is tonight so Im going to be looking for some decent food to cook! im thinking some smoked tuna packs grilled chicken and steak this week and then maybe some turkey burgers at the end of the week. Chances are im going to have to up my shakes to 2 per week to hit my macros. Just need a protein sale soon! :/

Dosing yesterday was 2 alphamac caps upon waking and 2 right before bed
1 Anabeta with gardettos at 2 (only thing I had to eat because work was busy)
2 anabeta caps about an hour or so after supper (steak hot dogs salad onions etc grandma cookin)
1 anabeta cap with a bowl of ice cream before bed ;) my treat!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
You just missed a very good protein sale!
aww man where at YOURE KILLIN ME!!! I saw a few places with some moderate markdowns on blends (which is the new thing) but they had soy in them WHICH doesnt sit well with me (no im not talking about the phytoestrogen lyfe) i just get stomach aches when I consume a lot of soy, so i stayed away. fak im running low too. half a tub of TSN Whey and about 1/4 tub left of myofusion probiotic. gonna have to start mixing my U.P 2.0 with my TSN whey!

Good morning everyone!! After a long weekend/week im back on track and am gonna finish the last 4 weeks of this log strong! Im setting myself up for success in the weightroom and while resting with plenty of meal prepping, some ice bath and some heat/cooling for my back. Pain has just about subsided, the only issue is tightness and uncomfortable while sitting for a long time, Im working on this pelvic tilt thing and flexing my abs throughout the day trying to not stick out my but without consciously tucking my pelvis! Gonna be a great last 4 weeks!

dosing for yesterday was 2 caps of alphamax upon waking, and immediately before bed
1 cap Anabeta with a few mini bagels and PB
1 cap anabeta with some steak
2 caps anabeta with some ice cream ;)

Best part is I woke up much leaner than i was this weekend! OH AND i started my macros out early this morning :( had 3 servings of barbecue chips and a serving of watermelon, Idk why i woke up SUPER hungry, but hey as long as im not getting fatter and it fits my macros :D Now I just gotta find a way to only have 60g fat the rest of the day... :D

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as protein, I would stay away from Myofusion Pro, it has Taurine and Glycine listed towards the protein count. They have a new Myofusion coming out later this month I believe that will not have those two amino acids counted towards the total protein. As far as blends, Big Blend is solid, Pronom 23, Select, OxyProtein, and UP 2.0, although I have yet to try 2.0, but have read great things. Other solid choices, but none blends, include Cor Whey, Titanium Whey Protean, and Universal Whey. You could always combine your whey with milk, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or other dairy to make your own blend.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
As far as protein, I would stay away from Myofusion Pro, it has Taurine and Glycine listed towards the protein count. They have a new Myofusion coming out later this month I believe that will not have those two amino acids counted towards the total protein. As far as blends, Big Blend is solid, Pronom 23, Select, OxyProtein, and UP 2.0, although I have yet to try 2.0, but have read great things. Other solid choices, but none blends, include Cor Whey, Titanium Whey Protean, and Universal Whey. You could always combine your whey with milk, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or other dairy to make your own blend.
I saw that but I got it for under $20 at the time so I've been using it randomly for the last few months. Gonna hopefully find some OEP on sale or pick up some titanium whey. Whatever's cheapest. That has a great profile of course :)

So good evening guys, full post tomorrow but an update tonight! Workout was an alright one had a nice PR in squat but having issues with my oblique. The "pain" is almost wrapping around from lower back to side oblique to front left side. So I'm think it's my oblique giving me problems! NONETHELESS I will be playing it smart tomorrow depending on how I feel! I did not do much for back today, infact I skipped two lifts and added extra stuff. I'll be doing the same tomorrow if cleans don't feel good or I may skip front squats all together if there's another issue full post tomorrow!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning everyone! Making my full update this morning before work gets too busy :) Lifting sesh yesterday went well with the exception of a little bit of a back issue towards the end of squats, but when the issue started I finished squats and avoided the rest of the lower back/back movements. Today, looking at Cleans and benching, as im not sure if front squats are in the cards... but im going for Pr's on bench so im hoping to hit it without any issues! Lets just get right into everything since nobody wants me to ramble on ;)

2 alphamax at 10 am and 2 alphamax at 10:30 before bed
2 anabeta taken 1hr pre workout with a meal (75g carbs) 2 taken with a bunch of fruit before bed!
1 scoop of c4

The workout!

Back Squat
135x3
185x2
225x1
275x1
315x1
130x3
350x3
350x3
350x3
350x3
350x3
350x3

ALL PR TRIPLES! WOO excited to hit them with no problem! form started to slip a bit by the 5th set but i powered through with no real issues!

Underhand Lat PUlldowns
115x10
125x10
125x10
125x10

Went lighter here and worked on squeezing the traps and lats, also went light to avoid any back issue as well.

Hang Clean

45x3
135x2
165x2
165x2
165x2
165x2
165x2
165x2
165x2
165x2

Almost did not do these fearing it would effect my back but I made it through them with no issues, in fact, there was no pain when doing these, it just felt like I didnt have much pulling power.

Roman Chair leg raises
4 sets of 10

did these in between just to try and stretch the back out/see how the core felt.

1 Arm Leaning Side Laterals

20x10
20x10
20x10

Miscellaneous abs and stretching and I was out. just did some basic crunches and the like. Felt good overall just a little sore but this morning my back was bothering me a bit. if cleans bother it im just going to make tomorrow a chest day overall. Im also making sure that im not filling anything in for the reps i dont do so that when the program is over I can make a day or two on my deload week where all i do is the exercises i missed.

MAcros for the day actually were pretty decent, it was my moderate carb day which i hit the goal for but i was a little low on my fat, so ill make sure to hit those today! Trying to hit a high carb day today but we will see if I can get there!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good afternoon all, gonna be a shorter post today with a bit of bad news. For whatever reason, the high school i paid to lift at this summer is no longer allowing open lift 4 days/week, effective immediately.. with that being said, I have no place to lift at currently and have been searching on the phone and with a teammate trying to find a place to call our gym home for the next two months! Worst part is most people around here dont have rubber weights and so if we find a gym, chances are there wont be rubber weights to do cleans and snatches with.... Hopefully I can figure something out though otherwise this will be a real downer..

Dosing for yesterday was as followed
2 alphamax at 10 am and 2 alphamax at 11:30 before bed with my last meal
2 anabeta taken 1hr pre workout with a meal (75g carbs) 2 taken with a meal and a carb combo before bed
1 scoop of c4

Power Clean
135x3
185x2
225x1
235x3
235x3
235x3
235x3
235x3
235x2 missed last rep then hit it for a single after 235x1

these felt ok, as long as I get it up on my shoulders i dump it right away because I know I can get it in a good postion when need be.

Bench Press
135x5
185x3
225x1
260x3
260x3
260x2.99999 (had it but spotter touched it)
260x2.5
260x2
260x1.5 (was rough)
225x3 1 rep for every missed rep.
135x10

Machine rear delt flye 1 arm at a time
100x10
112.5x10
112.5x10

Overhead rope cable tricep extension
57.5x12
77.5x12
77.5x12

did some light stretching, no ab work and that was all

macros were as followed

I think if I can at least get to a local gym, ill be able to work on the last two weeks hang snatches after some squats, of course keeping the back in mind, we will see how it goes, im just sick of missing days in the gym... :(

EDIT failed to mention that the 260x3 sets were PR triples. I remember around this time last summer i was hitting 260x1 for a tough single! more details coming tonight, as this ends my first 4 weeks on the product!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going to a different gym sucks. I go to a small chain gym, about 8 or 9 in my state and when I go to a different one, I always try to be quiet and not seem out of the ordinary which affects the session. Hopefully, you can find a gym that suits your needs. Worst comes to worst, you modify your routine.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Going to a different gym sucks. I go to a small chain gym, about 8 or 9 in my state and when I go to a different one, I always try to be quiet and not seem out of the ordinary which affects the session. Hopefully, you can find a gym that suits your needs. Worst comes to worst, you modify your routine.
Well the gym I ended up going to is one I've been at before. $5/day unless you buy a pass.. They have 1 squat rack which is usually used for dead lifting/curling, and one bench. Up to 75lbs in dumbbells, so it's not all that bad, but no rubber weights which is not good :/ plus it's connected to a rehab center for the elderly so literally 90% of the population that goes there is over 50. Not to mention nobody understand what I'm doing or why and aren't considerate. It's small.
Very small. The lifting area is maybe 200 square feet. It's TINY. So it's nearly impossible to do snatches/cleans without catching an old man walking through my pull...

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Morning everyone! hope everyone sees the light at the end of the week approaching! Almost weekend time! The WOrkout yesterday was "ok" nothing special but it felt good to at least get a lift in. after this post im going to sum up various things i feel are important in the first 4 weeks of the log, although I cant necessarily pinpoint which product is doing which (although obviously I realize what they are doing And have an idea) ill discuss the important things im feel from each product.

Lets get right into yesterday now!

2 alphamax at 9 am with some breakfast and 2 alphamax at 11:00 before bed
2 anabeta taken 1hr pre workout with a meal (75g carbs) 2 taken with a big taco meal at 8:45
1 scoop of c4

The workout- note that the gym has one bar that feels like a normal 45lb bar, although it could be light and just be 40, while the rest of their barbells are super thick with extremely gritty knurling and feel like 50lbs

Back Squat(pretty sure the bar is 50lbs its pretty thick and feels heavier so when loading weights i assumed it was a 50lb bar.)
50x3
140x5
190x4
225x2
280x1
295x6
295x6
295x6
Basically finished my squats from last week and taking it easy until the back is fully healed. these felt tough, it might have been the fact that the environment was just crap, i wasnt in a good mood, and it was like 65 degrees in the gym..

Hang Snatch
45x4
115x3
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2
125x2

Inverted row
BW for 6 sets of 6

Close Grip Bench Press
140x6
190x5
210x5
210x5
230x4 hands felt annihilated so took a brief second then finished my final rep.

Standing cable bicep curl Done in the same way youd start a standing cable flye
20x10
30x10
30x10

Tricep Press Down
110x12
130x12
140x12
150x10

And there was no room to stretch or anything so I just left basically.

Sort of disappointed as I wanted to do more squats but i just wasnt feeling it today, the bar felt super heavy, I have a mirror right in front of my face and it looked like I was barely hitting parallel and overall I was just disgusted... I need to find a decent gym..

SO macros went pretty smoothly yesterday. I upped my caloric intake by roughly 25g carbs per day and 10g fat per day so we will see how that works out. Heres the macros!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
OK so let me just touch on somethings that I've enjoyed so far.

Strength Increases Obviously at the beginning of the log I was weaker, and it was stated I was coming off of a 2 week segment where I didnt lift at all, be that as it may, I expected a full month before I was back to where I was after the 2 weeks off. Well, one month in and ive already hit 2 (possibly 3) BIG PR's with triples and will be going for PR's with doubles next week. Not only that but I have more endurance in the gym, where I would struggle with a 2nd and 3rd set after hitting my first one I no longer struggle until the end IF there even is a struggle. Accessory lifts have also gone up in weight so strength gains are definitely here.

Size While my pictures probably aren't really doing me justice, I can tell I've got quite a bit bigger but looking leaner, I look and feel fuller, overall a little rounder (but in a good way). I weighed in yesterday at about 236 so that means I have put on weight while on this bulk (thank god) about 2 pounds, but at the same time i'm looking leaner! I'm starting to lose the mid section a bit and i have a visible two pack which I hope I can bring to a 4 pack by the end of this log :D

Vascularity/ Pumps These have both been great plus sides since the start of this log. To start, I have a lot more veins showing, while not popping out, but in time, obviously they will, my forearms, quads, and shoulder/chest area are where they are prominent I've also noticed quite a few start to pop out around my waist/hip area which is interesting but i enjoy it! The lifting pumps on the other hand are a completely different story! EVERYTHING I do end up giving me a pump. When I first started all the products i had gotten pumps/cramps so and I had to stop. I mean lack of water probably attributed but even now doing an 6x3 on squats has my legs SCREAMING. hypertrophy is even worse, when I do an exercise around the 8-12 rep range, i generally carry that pump for 2-3 hours after the workout. Which, I absolutely love ;)

Overall a lot more aggressive as well, I wouldn't say I get mad easier but I guess I've always had a little bit of a temper :D

Love the stack so far and im excited to see what these last 4-5 weeks bring!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like the stack is treating you great half way through. I agree, it is a great stack. One I will definitely run again.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the stack is treating you great half way through. I agree, it is a great stack. One I will definitely run again.
Absolutely, I know that my 4 week review was kind of brief, but I can tell you forsure I will be picking up alphamax in the future for various runs, depending on how X-Gels concludes (workouts 25-50) that may be a definite as well! ANd anabeta im sure is working too! Im going to do a little more research to see if I can pin point what else each one is doing for me!

Good evening all sorry for the extremely late post. I decided to take a day off from everything and just be extremely lazy. so i was! Used a vacation day at work, laid in bed until about 10am then went grocery shopping to make a nice dinner. otherwise I DID NOTHING ALL DAY AND TOOK A DAY OFF FROM COUNTING MACROS :D

lets get into the workout yesterday because it was a good one!

2 alphamax at 9 am with some breakfast and 2 alphamax at 11:00 before bed
2 anabeta taken 2hr pre workout with a meal (75g carbs) 2 taken with some pizza and eggs at 10
1 scoop of c4

The workout!

Snatch
45x3
95x3
135x3
155x2
175x3 (2 clean catches and stands 1 catch and drop)
175x3
175x3 (2 clean catches and 1 drop)
175x3
175x3 (2 clean catches and 1 drop)

SO the way I count these is if I can get under it completely in a controlled manner at the least and then stand up with it, if i bail on it at the bottom position but have it overhead I still count it because with more concentration I could have completed the lift. I completed three full sets well and 3 sets I didnt stand up with one of the lifts. BUT 175x3 is a PR and ive only attempted 195 one time and 185 3 times in my life So the fact that I can hit this now makes me very happy. im hoping my max is around 215/225!

Incline Dumbbell Press Supersetted with Flat Dumbbell Flyes
65/30x6
65/30x6
70/35x6
70/35x6

Was supposed to do 6 sets of 6 but my left pec was ultra sore and tight so i decided not to push it!

Cable Curl
70x10
70x10
70x10
70x10

just cuz ;)
about 10 min worth of stretching and I was out.

VERY Pleased with this week especially with how my back has been, IM very happy its held up and hopefully next week it gets better. Again no macros today, but tomorrow im back at it. Im beyond excited for the heavy doubles next week and definitely cannot wait to attempt some heavy weight. Hopefully Ill be able to get video and hopefully Ill still have a gym to call home!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see everything wirking for you nicely. Leaner, fuller, stronger. Sounds good to me.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Take it day by day and that back will be back to normal.
Amen, its about the little things at this point and doing it correctly

Glad to see everything wirking for you nicely. Leaner, fuller, stronger. Sounds good to me.
sounds good? psh sounds GREAT!

Good morning all, as stated before yesterday was a great day off, nothing special, just a lot of relaxing
Dosing was....

2 alpha max upon waking and 2 right before bed
2 anabeta with supper, 1 anabeta with some gelato around 8:30 and 1 last anabeta with my 2nd supper ;) ahhh left overs!

Long day today at work but im getting back on track today!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Hello all! Life happened this weekend and I was beyond busy! I know thats no excuse not to update so i am sorry! Between work, and helping one of my good friends set up for the wedding im in, ive had about 6 hours of sleep a night for the last 3 days! Back to the log! This week is going to be a week of big numbers! Starting off today im looking to hit doubles at 365 and maybe higher depending on how im feeling! IM stoked and if I can hit 365 easy i may bump it up and try! We will see! Dosing and supplementation this weekend was the same both saturday and sunday, 1 anabeta with each meal and 2 alphamax upon waking and right before bed.

Cant wait to hit the gym today, as far as I know its still open for public use so im really happy about that... hoping I can ride this thing out the rest of the summer!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope you didn't get sized for that tux yet. With the PR's you are hitting you may need a sleeveless tux!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cant wait to hit the gym today, as far as I know its still open for public use so im really happy about that... hoping I can ride this thing out the rest of the summer!
That's what she said...sorry, I couldn't resist

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Morning all! Started back on the grind yesterday with a high carb PR workout :D I was absolutely ecstatic after the workout and I was SO jacked, I wanted to stay and do extra, but food and cooking called :D Im not gonna waste any time beating around the bush here so lets get right into it!

2 anabeta taken 1hr pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken with a plethora of stuff before bed!
1 scoop of c4

The workout!

Back Squat
135x3
185x2
225x1
275x1
315x1
370x2
370x2
370x2
370x2
370x2
370x2

ALL PR DOUBLES! On my last set I had a new "Just in case spotter" who gave me a bit of a hug at the bottom, but I got it no issue and he said he didnt help (hope he didnt) because i got my first sets just fine!

Underhand Lat Pulldowns
125x10
135x10
145x10
145x10

The felt great and i can tell im getting a bit stronger at this type of pull!

Hang Clean
45x3
135x2
155x1
175x2
175x2
175x2
175x2
175x2
175x2
175x2
175x2

Really tried to focus on technique here as Ive been having issues not bouncing the bar high enough and leaving it out infront of me, I need slightly more arm bend at the finish and to keep my hips back a tad more!

Good Mornings
95x5
115x5
125x5
135x5

Did these very light just to see how they would feel and they felt good. For whatever reason anything over 115 i feel in my lower back more than my glutes and hams even though my form feels almost the same!

some hanging ab stuff and stretching and BOOM done

MACROS

not 100% pleased with the macros, i had actually bumped up carbs 25g and fat 5g per day for these last 4 weeks while keeping protein the same. was gunning for 325 but it wasnt in the cards basically after i neglected to meal prep (only had 50g protein before my 5pm workout) so today should be much better. i got some tuna packets and steak here along with cereal double protein bread milk and obviously flavored oatmeal :D its a moderate carb day today.

Hoping to hit 350g carbs 325g protein and around 80g fat. will be taking my week 5 pic tomorrow and although the mirror isnt showing all that much, the strength increases are definitely there!!!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice, you called it that you were going to get those PR's and you went and did it. Awesome.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Nice, you called it that you were going to get those PR's and you went and did it. Awesome.
More Pr's coming today man! LOVING the stack so far, ive said it before and ill say it again, Alphamax is a staple!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work in here man, Alphamax really shines weeks 4-8, enjoy the rest of the ride!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
hello everyone! quick update, work is super busy so ill have yesterdays post done tonight after lifting! SO itll be a double post!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hello everyone! quick update, work is super busy so ill have yesterdays post done tonight after lifting! SO itll be a double post!
DOUBLE POST what does it meaan???? Remember that Double Rainbow idiot.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
DOUBLE POST what does it meaan???? Remember that Double Rainbow idiot.
its almost as exciting as a double rainbow. dead serious. ;)

Good evening everyone, gonna get started on YESTERDAYS information so lets jump right into it!

Dosing for yesterday was as followed!
2 anabeta taken 1hr pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken with a chicken meal before bed!
1 scoop of c4

The workout!

Cleans (some power some full)
135x4
185x3
205x1
225x1
245x2
245x2
245x1 (caught my 2nd in a squat and bailed)
245x2
245x2
245x2
245x1 (getting my missed rep)
245x0 (tried getting a video)
OVERALL I think this is a pr! I dont believe ive done 245 for more than 1 in a set before!

Bench Press
45x6
135x2
185x2
225x2
245x1
275x2
275x2
275x2
275x2
275x2
275x2

ALL FRICKEN PRS!!!!! WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOO jacked about this! Looking forward to some heavier singles next week on deload!

Dumbell 1 arm front raise
30x10
30x10
30x10
30x10

Behind the neck jerk
135x2
135x2
135x2
135x2

Tricep Pressdown
90x10
130x10
137.5x10

2x10 back extensions and i was out! just did those to see how the back felt and its getting better!

macros were spot on! Went for 80g fat 350g carbs and 325g protein!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
its almost as exciting as a double rainbow. dead serious. ;) Good evening everyone, gonna get started on YESTERDAYS information so lets jump right into it! Dosing for yesterday was as followed! 2 alphamax at 10 am and 2 alphamax at 10:30 before bed 2 anabeta taken 1hr pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken with a chicken meal before bed! 4 ALCAR taken 30min pre workout 2 scoops Glycergrow taken with my c4 1 scoop of c4 The workout! Cleans (some power some full) 135x4 185x3 205x1 225x1 245x2 245x2 245x1 (caught my 2nd in a squat and bailed) 245x2 245x2 245x2 245x1 (getting my missed rep) 245x0 (tried getting a video) OVERALL I think this is a pr! I dont believe ive done 245 for more than 1 in a set before! Bench Press 45x6 135x2 185x2 225x2 245x1 275x2 275x2 275x2 275x2 275x2 275x2 ALL FRICKEN PRS!!!!! WHOOOOOOOO HOOOOO jacked about this! Looking forward to some heavier singles next week on deload! Dumbell 1 arm front raise 30x10 30x10 30x10 30x10 Behind the neck jerk 135x2 135x2 135x2 135x2 Tricep Pressdown 90x10 130x10 137.5x10 2x10 back extensions and i was out! just did those to see how the back felt and its getting better! macros were spot on! Went for 80g fat 350g carbs and 325g protein!
Only advice on the macros is, you need to eat more fiber!