Getting big and Lean with Anabeta/X-gels/Alphamax and more

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening everyone! I type this as I attempt to choke down the last of my meals for today (which Idek if Ill be able to finish) because im so over food hah. Im super beat and tired so ill be heading to bed nearly asap as soon as I type all of this!
macros were nearly perfect and I was only 3 calories off I guess!

Dosing for today was as followed:
2 alphamax upon waking and 2 alphamax will be taken after this meal
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken with post workout meal
4 x-gels taken 30min pre workout
4 ALCAR taken 30min pre workout
1.5 scoops Glycergrow taken 30min pre workout
over 1gal water drank today!

the workout!
Power Cleans
45x4
135lb complex (power clean hang clean front squat hang clean in a squat)
185x 2 +smaller complex
205x1
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
While I havent been going up in weight here, they seem to be getting easier over the last 3 weeks which Im happy about :D

Behind the Neck Jerk
135x5
145x5
155x5

I noticed when I was done with these my lead leg (left) which is also my leg with the bad hamstring had felt a little awkward, so im going to try to either switch the legs up, or do a power jerk/squat jerk

Trapi's
155x6
155x6
155x6
155x6

RDL's
155x8
185x8
185x8

Pr since my hamstring injury and it doesnt affect them at all! It does hit the glutes though man they were on fire!

Weighted toe touches
35lbsx12
35x12
35x12

Hanging Leg raises
3 sets of 8

I did these with as strict of form as i ever had done them, SO im happy I got 8 solid reps, One of my goals this summer is to strengthen my core because I honestly believe core is my weakest bodypart next to my biceps.

And so that was the workout, I was very happy with it and glad I finished with no issues besides the little hamstring blah!

Tomorrow is basically ALL upperbody so IM going to take advantage of it and possibly bro it up once my actual workout is done.

some things ive noticed also were that my behind the neck pressing strength feels more comfortable/stronger than my infront pressing strength. Im wondering if thats because of my flexibility issues or what, but my front delt strength is really starting to show lately, when it comes to benching/pressing Im just extremely weak, so im going to dedicate a little more time to those two things and hopefully it gets better!

And the macros!

75/325/325 today was the goal!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Ah, meal prepping. I just got back from work and did some. I am going to throw some chicken breast in the slow cooker before I go to bed tonight. Gotta love that thing!
ANy good recipes? the stuff i made tastes like fajitas... im getting sick of the vinegar-y flavor though that I cook with so im looking for a new mix to marinade with! any suggestions?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ANy good recipes? the stuff i made tastes like fajitas... im getting sick of the vinegar-y flavor though that I cook with so im looking for a new mix to marinade with! any suggestions?
I usually just go with dry spices. Sometimes I will add lemon juice or hot sauce. I just experiment with different spices to see what I like. I have been making Italian style chicken for the past couple of weeks. Grab some curry powder if you want to make something different. Curry and cinnamon are pretty good together.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you done chicken gyros in slow cooker? Basically chicken breasts, greek seasoning, onion, garlic, lemon juice. Then you can whip up some tzatziki sauce with greek yogurt, cucumber, greek seasoning, salt, lemon juice.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Have you done chicken gyros in slow cooker? Basically chicken breasts, greek seasoning, onion, garlic, lemon juice. Then you can whip up some tzatziki sauce with greek yogurt, cucumber, greek seasoning, salt, lemon juice.
Sounds fukkin amazing, to be honest ive neve rheard of "greek seasoning" ill check the local walmart for some, that sounds amazing, although nothing beats slow roasted gyro meat :( ha
ant ill have to try that as well, curry and cinnamon hmmmm, so you dont put a wet ingredient in with the chicken? interesting!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds fukkin amazing, to be honest ive neve rheard of "greek seasoning" ill check the local walmart for some, that sounds amazing, although nothing beats slow roasted gyro meat :( ha

@ant ill have to try that as well, curry and cinnamon hmmmm, so you dont put a wet ingredient in with the chicken? interesting!
Walmart has a greek seasoning, it's kinda hard to find because it's a weird container. Should be under all the regular seasonings. Yes gyro meat is awesome. I have made gyros with lean turkey and lean beef mixed and formed into meatloaf shape. Cooked in crockpot, then sliced like the lamb for gyros. Not the same, but lean and tasty.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Walmart has a greek seasoning, it's kinda hard to find because it's a weird container. Should be under all the regular seasonings. Yes gyro meat is awesome. I have made gyros with lean turkey and lean beef mixed and formed into meatloaf shape. Cooked in crockpot, then sliced like the lamb for gyros. Not the same, but lean and tasty.
Ill check on my next grocery run :D ahh i love gyros, or maybe its just the sauce... ;)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I put a little water so there is moisture in the slow cooker. And make that Tzaiki sauce or however it is spelled. That stuff is great.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I put a little water so there is moisture in the slow cooker. And make that Tzaiki sauce or however it is spelled. That stuff is great.
im going to be all over that this weekend, gonna give it a try!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening everyone! Today concludes week 2 of X-Gels and Alcar, and the rest of the week will be just Anabeta and Alphamax! Nothing special to mention today so were just going to get right into things!

Lets start out today with the workout! It wasnt anything special but for me it was a nice step forward and also a small step back. Before I get into the workout Ill start out by saying that I have a HUGE knot/strain on the left side of my back that has been hindering my overhead pressing/shelving position for cleans/front squats. My mobility is much better in my right shoulder/rotator cuff because of multiple injuries, its basically left it very loose and while thats bad for some reasons, I guess on the plus side is I can shelve the bar much better when going into pressing.

ANyway today I was front pressing when it felt a little off, i tried resetting my grip but everytime I pressed overhead that tightness/strain was felt in by my left scapula, leading me to believe its a rotator cuff muscle or possible a smaller back muscle so from now on I will try to press more behind me when it comes to barbell and do more dumbbell front pressing! Even now laying in bed it feels odd after rolling on a lacrosse ball for a few minutes multiple times tonight Oh well the weekend is here and it should help!

2 alphamax upon waking and 2 alphamax will with my last meal!
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (90g carbs) 2 taken with post workout meal(last meal)
4 x-gels taken 30min pre workout
2 scoops Glycergrow taken 30min pre workout
over 1gal water drank today

The workout

Speed Bench these were done with about a 3 second down, 1 second pause tempo.
45x4
135x6
185x3
210x3
210x3
210x3
210x3
210x3
210x3
210x3
210x3 Managed to get through these with no problems, I could tell my chest was spent at the end and my left pec was tired but I made it through no problem! I noticed I tend to start pressing harder with my right side as well... GRRRRRR

Front Jerk
45x4
135x3
135x3
135x1<<< Started really feeling that pain here so called it quits

Close Grip Bench Press
135x6
185x6
195x1<< Here both pecs felt extremely sore and I had those shark soreness pains so I decided not to press on.

Tricep Pressdowns
90x12
130x10
130x10

1 Arm Underhand Tricep Pressdowns
30x10
30x8
30x8

Seated Incline Dumbbell Curls
25x8
25x5 20x3
20x8
Pump here was crazy and I just couldnt get the weight I wanted

EZ Bar Curls
15lbs per side+barx12 for 3 total sets.

This was just for the pump and to get a little more blood in the arms! GROW DAMMIT

SO that was the workout, I came home and laid on top of a lacrosse ball for a while to work the knot out and hoping the problem doesnt persist as much tomorrow!

Macros again were on point which I was nervous about because my last meal needed to have 145g protein 100g carbs and 20g fat!

Swung by walmart and picked up some lunch meat and egg whites with cheese for a massive omellete and then finished it off with a greek yogurt froyo creation!

Ill be uploading my macros on another post because my imgur account is working onmy laptop so i gotta use the phone!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm still stunned how low your fiber intake is. I know it is not abnormal and dangerously low, but when I have my high days of 325g of carbs, I get too much fiber lol.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
I'm still stunned how low your fiber intake is. I know it is not abnormal and dangerously low, but when I have my high days of 325g of carbs, I get too much fiber lol.
I know im workin on it :/ got some english muffins and some added fiber bread, one thing I dont count in my macros though is if I add vegetable to something SO its not always as it seems, I have been eating a lot of black beans/spinach/broccoli on the side that arent counting toward my MFP goal.

Sorry everyone for the lack of post last night, I was enjoying a nice day off with some delicious hispanic food at a local restaurant. I didnt track towards the end of the day but its safe to say i probably didnt hit my protein goal -_- Oh well todays a new day so hoping to make up for it somehow!

Dosing for yesterday was the usual:

2 ALphamax Caps upon waking and 2 right before bed.
I took 1 Anabeta with each meal that I had, so one at 10am 1 @1 1@3 and lastly one at about 11.

Week to progress deserves a picture I think, so sunday im going to post a couple of comparison pics. nothing too much worth mentioning but I feel slightly leaner (despite not knowing whats on the scale) and I feel more dense/like my muscles are a bit bigger. so we will be throwing a couple pics up this sunday!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What type of Hispanic food did you get?

A friend and I went to this little hole in the wall Mexican place. They were playing Mexican music and we were the only non Mexicans in there, but oh my God, it was easily the best Mexican I have ever had. I love looking for little hoe in the wall places to eat, they are usually the most authentic. And if you go consistently, they usually hook you up!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
What type of Hispanic food did you get?

A friend and I went to this little hole in the wall Mexican place. They were playing Mexican music and we were the only non Mexicans in there, but oh my God, it was easily the best Mexican I have ever had. I love looking for little hoe in the wall places to eat, they are usually the most authentic. And if you go consistently, they usually hook you up!
I went to a little mexican place called El Tequila. it just opened up about 45 seconds (thats right) from my house. It took over a "golden panda" chinese restaurant which was absolutely horrible unfortunately, I only ate there once and once was enough.. sad to see local food places close down but this is for the best. I had a carne asada enchilada with a cheese sauce, and on the side of every entree you get re fried beans, spanish rice, pico de gallo, guac, and lettuce. AND they bring you out unlimited chips and salsa, plus everything is made in house, their kitchen is somewhat open and you can see them cooking and cutting everything up for the salsa etc. Its crazy good and a lot healthier I believe than other mexican places. I feel a lot less of the sodium bloat when I eat there! Ill be here quite a bit during the next 8 weeks ;) good bulking food right? I wont be able to track it but I mean if I hit a few PR's i gotta reward myself.

Ill have to take pics next time I go!

SO good morning everyone, Sorry again for no post last night, me and the gf went out and celebrated our 2 year anniversary with some lowkey stuff, went out to eat, came home and played with the fam's new puppy, then we went outside and watched some fireworks at the firemans picnic, then went in the house and hungout before the family decided to make a late night mcdonalds run (I hate that place, but I went with 2 spicy mcchickens). Today I feel like a fat piece of crap because im not following the diet whatsoever but MONDAY ill be back on track :D Gonna get some groceries tonight and hopefully be able to cook enough protein to last a couple days. :D

Dosing for yesterday was as followed!
2 alphamax upon waking and 2 right before bed with my mc donalds meal.
1 Anabeta with my first meal, 1 Anabeta with my 2nd meal and 2 Anabeta with my last mc donalds meal!

Gonna try to upload pics of the food I ate yesterday at the fancy outside restaurant ;)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds just like the Mexican place I went to. Homemade chips are absolutely mind blowing! They were so crispy and had a nice taste to them, same with in house salsa and guacamole. Any increases in body weight or in your lifts?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Sounds just like the Mexican place I went to. Homemade chips are absolutely mind blowing! They were so crispy and had a nice taste to them, same with in house salsa and guacamole. Any increases in body weight or in your lifts?
Weight im not sure because I didnt have a "starting weight... Im saying around 235~ but that 325lb squat has felt better over the last couple weeks and the real test is going to be this week on the new program, bumping it up to 330 and im starting to squat 4x week! Overall the body does look better. more full, slightly less fat, more vascular. Im kinda using this log to determine body composition rather than weight because I dont want to stare at the scale!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good call with looking at the mirror instead of the scale. I personally weigh myself every Sunday morning after I go to the bathroom. If I weigh less or the same, I up my cals for the week. If I weigh more, I keep them the same. I think it is a good idea to look at the scale on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to see what you should do with your food intake. Squatting 4 times a week is going to be tough man! I wish you all the luck in the world.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good call with looking at the mirror instead of the scale. I personally weigh myself every Sunday morning after I go to the bathroom. If I weigh less or the same, I up my cals for the week. If I weigh more, I keep them the same. I think it is a good idea to look at the scale on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to see what you should do with your food intake. Squatting 4 times a week is going to be tough man! I wish you all the luck in the world.
Youre absolutely right on the scale thing Ive just been a little lazy getting a new batter for my scale (which doesnt run on double or triple A's) Just to get a rough estimate, and i absolutely need to be more strict with my macros on weekends, ill be planning much better for this upcoming weekend (heading up north with the fam so posting may be limited) anyhow, Ill make sure to have some extra chicken and some extra rice or SOMETHING. it just gets tough hitting that 325 g protein... I guess on off days as long as im hitting my body weight in grams, I cant be moving the wrong way musclewise right?

Anyhow no macros for today because I was tuck at work with chit food and just ate my as$ off this evening trying to hit a decent protein goal. had about 8 oz of chicken earlier so hoping to finish off the night with some turkey/eggwhite combo.

Dosing for today was/is as followed!

2 Alphamax caps taken upon waking 2 will be taken before bed
1 Anabeta taken with my first meal, 1 taken with my dinner meal and 2 will be taken with that last meal!

Looking forward to starting my new routine tomorrow! Going after that 330@6x4!!! hoping to get some videos too :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't wait for the videos! As long as you're getting ~0.82g/lb in protein, you're fine. I can only imagine how hard it is to hit that protein intake per day. My wallet would absolutely hate that lol

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait for the videos! As long as you're getting ~0.82g/lb in protein, you're fine. I can only imagine how hard it is to hit that protein intake per day. My wallet would absolutely hate that lol
absolutely hitting that mark, itd be nice to hit what I need butttttt I do what I can do!!

ANyway, hey all, posting from my phone as im in a vehicle right now on my way back home, some unexpected circumstances came up after the gym so i wont be able to post until tomorrow morning, Ill make sure to make it a good one though!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
ALrighty good morning all, sorry for no post last night, I wasn't even home til 1 am and with work at 9 and a long lifting day i just decided to pass out! Some good/bad news from it, squatting went great yesterday and all though im sure my form was sloppy on a few of the squats (still getting better obviously) I hit my numbers for the first time in 4 weeks! BAD NEWS is I was way under my calorie goal. I had about 50g carbs left to meet my moderate carb day as youll see by the macro break down... I was going to just slam a gatorade on the drive home but i thought "eh" dont really need the sugars and would just opt for being below on my carbs as long as i hit my protein goal. Lets get right into other stuff.

Dosing for today
2 alphamax upon waking and 2 alphamax will with my last meal!
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (90g carbs) 2 taken slightly after my last meal

Time for the new workout!
Back Squat
45x3
135x6
185x3
225x2
275x1
315x1
330x4
330x4
330x4
330x4
330x4

Got help on my last rep on the 4th set but didnt need it, he did it to keep my chest up higher. whoops still have issues with the left knee caving in a bit but im working on it, groin and hip flexors were extra sore

Hang CLean
135x3
155x2
155x2
155x2
155x2
155x2
155x2
155x2
155x2

Underhand grip Lat pulldown
110x10
135x10
140x10
140x10

DUmbbell Row
70x10
70x10
70x10
70x10

COULD have gone heavier but chose not to, kept form solid throughout.

Good mornings
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5

these were supposed to be heavier but my lowerback/hamstrings are weaker so I went lighter than usual

so that was the workout

today is heavier cleans and front squats along with heavy bench! A lot of compounds in the future thats for sure :D

Here were the macros for yesterday, today will be my high carb day and I hope to hit 400+

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening everyone! Had a great day in the weight room and a pretty lowkey day at work overall so theres not too much to speak of on the excitement part of today. However, I did NOT miss a single rep**** In the weight room today!!! (stars will be explained later) I was absolutely thrilled and with these great days in the weight room, im starting to feel like all of the supps are kicking in! I think Im just going to get right into everything since I dont need to ramble on!

Lets start out with dosings!! (i forgot to mention i saw i accidentally forgot to include xgels in my post yesterday, yes i took xgels still!)

2 alphamax upon waking and 2 alphamax with my last meal!
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken after my last meal
4 X-Gels taken 30min Pre workout
Have been feeling good taking some C4 preworkout as my new pre rather than superdrive which I had been taking!

the workout!

Power Clean
45x4
135x3
185x2
225x4
225x4
225x4
225x4
225x4
[video=youtube;MV4aDcKGIg0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4aDcKGIg0[/video]

Was absolutely thrilled I got these and they all felt fairly easy!! so pumped to move up weight next week! Easiest these have ever felt

Front Squat
135x3
185x3
205x2
205x2
205x2
205x2
205x2
205x2

First time doing front squats in over a month! I got video of these buttttt it wasnt really all that special, ill make sure to get some thursday when its heavier!

Bench Press
45x8
135x6
185x3
225x1
245x4
245x4
245x4
245x3+1
245x4

OK SO THIS IS A PRETTY BIG PR, ive hit a couple sets at this weight before but never 5x4. now the reason I got a 3+1 set was becuase the weight room im in was hot/humid as hell. My shirt was literally 2-3 lbs of sweat my 3rd exercise in. So my set up felt fine but on my 3rd rep, my shoulder blades wouldnt stay pinched and slid out as I pushed causing me to have almost a rolled forward back (so think of benching, and when you lock out you roll your shoulders forward) SO I racked the weight quick, re gripped and got my last rep, super happy about this.

Dumbbell Front Raise
25x10
30x10
30x10
30x10

killer for the shoulders

Some miscellaneous little abs and stretching and I was out of there. had a bit of a cramp in my adductor muscles that i couldnt quite roll out. so hoping it goes away tomorrow. HAd another great day with water, over a gallon consumed and 64 ounces before I worked out.

Macros for today were almost on point as well!

Was hoping for 80g fat 325g protein and 400g carbs. I came close but didnt hit it exactly, still very happy with what I ended up with and Ill be putting that up as soon as my phone loads it! Im thinking tomorrow will be another high carb day and then my medium carb day will be on thursday. Tomorrows main focus is another squat workout, 8 sets of 5 @285 to be exact!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
here are the macros! Also will be posting my 3 week change pics tomorrow as well, not too much to notice but a little something. I'll also be getting new batteries or my scale to track weight a little more (it's an odd battery's that I can't seem to find)!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great job with those cleans. You looked liked you could have kept on going lol

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Great job with those cleans. You looked liked you could have kept on going lol
Thanks bud! yeah more would have been nice if I was going for AMRAP but I dont think ive ever hit 4 reps as solid as that was1

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening all another late night here in wisconsin :p I'm on my way home from seeing some family, again another long drawn out story.. My mom had to get away from my stepdad I guess and so she asked me to drive her down to see some family. So just leaving the house now and heading home.. Had a fairly decent workout today. Could have been better but given some circumstances I was pleased. Looking to finish a great workout tomorrow as well. Anyhow, posting just to let everyone know I'll be posting everything from today, tomorrow morning :) well mainly just Ant, me and him are the only people conversing in this thread ;) also I'll have a few pics to post and maybe a video as well! Hope everyone has a good night!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning lifting nation! Hope everyone had a great wednesday and is having a great start to a thursday morning! Ill jump right into things Ill post a couple videos from last night later this evening after lifting and work, and also some 3 week progress pics! im liking the results Ive seen thus far!

Dosing for yesterday was...
2 alphamax upon waking and 2 alphamax with my last meal!
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken after my last meal
1/2 a sample pack of c4

the workout!
back squat

45x3
135x6
185x4
225x3
285x5
285x5
285x5
285x5
285x5
285x5
285x5
285x5

these felt good and I got a video of my last set ill be posting later/tonight!

[video=youtube;WPyotqfHZnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPyotqfHZnQ[/video]

Hang Snatch
95x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
115x2
got a video of one set of these as well! Felt good considering the 3 month break from snatch! Heavy snatches tonight!

[video=youtube;9d7ocbIrKOs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7ocbIrKOs[/video]

Inverted Row
BWx6
BWx6
BWx6
BWx6 (these were ugly)

RDL's
135x3
165x6
165x6
165x6
165x6

Lift of choice was close grip bench press
135x6
135x6

Was going to do more but got a call and needed to leave the weight room ASAP

did some light stretching with some bands and called it an evening!

Macros were tough to hit.. but I hit them, today theyre going to be even harder considering I ate the last of my slow cooker chicken last night :/ Ill see what I can do. I made yesterday my moderate carb day again and today will be my high carb day! Hoping to hit that 400 mark before dropping to 275 for the weekend!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You might want to charge your phone over there lol.Nice squatting, My program calls for 6 sets of 3 reps of speed squats, but I do pause squats instead. The looks I get when sitting deep in the hole are funny. How are you legs holding up with all that squatting? How has your sleep quality been?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
You might want to charge your phone over there lol.Nice squatting, My program calls for 6 sets of 3 reps of speed squats, but I do pause squats instead. The looks I get when sitting deep in the hole are funny. How are you legs holding up with all that squatting? How has your sleep quality been?
Haha i noticed all my macro posts usually have my battery @ or around 20%.. thanks man! I think im going to switch it up and possibly do some more pause squats in the future although my front squats i usually pause in the hole without even thinking about it. only problem is my speed squats keep going up in weight and reps but reduces the sets... should be interesting! Anyway, legs are actually feeling pretty good, obviously sore but everything is holding up, i think im timing my carbs fairly well so that its helping me with recovery. Sleep has been pretty good so far! I find myself waking up once maybe twice in the middle of the night to pee but that not a big deal. on occasion ill wake up hungry as hell though and search the fridge for 5 minutes! But I have been waking up feeling a little better than usual so I am pleased with that!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
So question for ya ant, I goofed, and forgot to take my Alphamax this morning with breakfast, in fact, i took it just now. when am I good to take my next dose? I must have taken 4 of a different pill this morning by mistake :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just take it pre bed like you normally would. Ideally, you want 6-8 hours between doses, but some people like to dose pre workout (evening session) and pre bed. Don't sweat it, just get back on the regular schedule tomorrow. Now it's time to figure out what the other pills were lol

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Just take it pre bed like you normally would. Ideally, you want 6-8 hours between doses, but some people like to dose pre workout (evening session) and pre bed. Don't sweat it, just get back on the regular schedule tomorrow. Now it's time to figure out what the other pills were lol
Ayyyy thanks for the heads up ;) I'll be taking them shortly as I'm going to bed soon. I think I took a fiber glucomannan (sp?) pill that is the same color size and shape that I have in my pill case.... That explains why I feel so full :D

Hey all I'll be posting hte workout tomorrow morning as I have been this week! It's just been a long Week so excuse my sloppiness. I'll also be posting a few basic pics as well! Thanks for the understanding! :) have a swell night!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good morning everyone! As much as I hate saying it, im extremely happy to be done lifting for the week, I am absolutely wore out! I can always tell when I need to stop because Ill get a little pain in my waist region ( i always worry its hernia :p ) but its happened for years so i think im alright!

Yesterday was another great session and if I can get the video to work ill be posting a video of some power snatches! ALSO if I can manage to get these pics to upload to imgur (grrrr) ill post some comparison pics!

Lets get into it all!

2 alphamax at 4pm and 2 alphamax at 1130 before bed
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken with a big protein shake after lifting
1/2 a sample pack of c4

The Workout

Power snatches

45x6
95x3
135x3
155x2
165x4
165x4
165x4
165x4
165x4

I think this is a PR for me, and I actually had some left in the tank :D

Front Squat
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2
225x2

These i sort of supersetted with the next exercise which WAS a superset

Incline Dumbbell Press SUPERSETTED with Flat Dumbbell Flyes
60x6/30x6
60x6/30x6
65x6/35x6
65x6/35x6
65x6/35x6
65x6/35x6

chest was destroyed after this!

ANd my lift of choice... EZ-Bar bicep curls
50lbs +EZ bar for 4 sets of 10
After I did some light stretching and a brief ab circuit (just your basics) and called it a day!

Here is the macro break down for yesterday! I was pretty low on protein and fat but it gives me room to spare for this weekend ;)

Anyhow, probably wont post much tomorrow if at all, just to discuss dosing, and sunday night will be my last post. Im heading up north with some family and were basically in the middle of the woods on a lake so it should be relaxing, Ill try and get some pics for you guys!!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the PR! Have fun relaxing at the lake. What state is it in?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
ONE thing i forgot to mention as well is I wont be keep track of macros this weekend as itll be too difficult not having a single label most of the time. with that being said I KNOW WHAT MODERATION IS, and I will be using it, Ill save my fats for burgers and brats rather than having cake and cookies, Maybe have one here or there but Im going to be smart :)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the PR! Have fun relaxing at the lake. What state is it in?
Thanks man! And I live in Wisconsin about 15min from green bay, and about 5 min from lake michigan so it doesnt get much more north than that, we go from the middle portion by lake michigan all the way up to north central wisconsin by lake superior :D

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice. I live right on IL/Wisc border, so we are in Wis a lot. I always try to wear something Bears when I head far up.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Nice. I live right on IL/Wisc border, so we are in Wis a lot. I always try to wear something Bears when I head far up.
GTFO MY THREAD ;) not srs. But where at in IL? i figured cubs fan meant you were from illinois and I felt sorry for you ;) ahhhh alright ill stop with the jokes :D

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GTFO MY THREAD ;) not srs. But where at in IL? i figured cubs fan meant you were from illinois and I felt sorry for you ;) ahhhh alright ill stop with the jokes :D
Ok cheesehead. I grew up in Rockford, but moved to the Roscoe/South Beloit area to get away from Rockford's poor schools and high crime. We go to Dells a few times a year, Miller Park, Madison and Janesville a lot. I want to head to Chippawa Falls (sp?) to go to Leinenkugel brewery some time this year.

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Ok cheesehead. I grew up in Rockford, but moved to the Roscoe/South Beloit area to get away from Rockford's poor schools and high crime. We go to Dells a few times a year, Miller Park, Madison and Janesville a lot. I want to head to Chippawa Falls (sp?) to go to Leinenkugel brewery some time this year.
Rodgers to Cobb ftw ;) ok enough enough ;) oh yeah that sounds like a good idea, I know my girlfriends family lived in Rockford and moved up here because of such horrible schooling.. I'll be heading to the dells this summer as well! But I've never even been to a brewer game... And as get as the brewery goes, need been there but been to Chippewa falls/eau Claire area and it's really nice! You'll enjoy it! ant- thanks buddy! I'll take pics to post when I get back! Hey all just a quick update for you! I weighed myself on a scale here yesterday before I started pigging out ;) anyway, I weighed 231.7 which if I remember correctly.... That's a 3lb loss on my "bulk"! Well I'm sure I'll put it in this weekend ;) Dosing for yesterday was as followed 2 alpha max upon waking and 2 before bed 1 anabeta with breakfast and lunch and then the last two with a big meal before bed! Today's going to be a long day if sidewalk shopping, swimming, boating, and paddleboarding!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Good evening everyone! I am finally back home and in my own bed and as great as the weekend was, im ready to get back to the daily grind. I wont go over absolutely everything I did this weekend but it was extremely eventful and im extremely tired ;) SO with that being said ill comment a little more on the weekend tomorrow and how things went, Also Ill have some pictures to post tomorrow from my week 1 to week 3 transformation! Ill be starting week 4 tomorrow!

Dosing for the weekend was pretty much how its been all along, I wont go over every detail but I did take my anabetas with my meals and my alphamax right away in the morning and right before bed! My final weight when I left was 234.8 after being 231.7 when arriving, but im sure when I wake up tomorrow Id be around 232-233. So not a big gain! But Im probably realistically around 231 unclothed which is great! Ill be upping my calories just a bit starting this next week. Ill be bumping carbs up a tad/ as well as fat to 85/90g, keep protein right around 325-350 because I cant justify going any higher, and I dont see it benefiting me any greater, the only thing it may do is cost me more money.

Looking forward to share my experiences tomorrow, but for now I gotta throw on some aloe (awwww yeah im a lobster) and hit the hay!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
GOOD MORNING ALL! Another monday and another day to get better! uploading some pics right now that compare week one to week 3 and hoping they work. ill be comparing week 3-6 and then 1-8 at the end so ill be looking forward to sharing numbers and progress!

This weekend was great, Like i said I ate tons of food, hopefully more good then bad, and gained a bit of weight. but thats totally ok as im back to the diet today. The entire weekend was spent out on the lake, I swam, paddle boarded, road some personal water crafts (jetskis) and went tubing, ALso went ATV riding for about 2 hours up to the top of this pretty big national forest moutnain, It was actually a ton of fun to be outdoors all day! The only thing I wish I would have been able to do was go fishing but im not complaining at all!

as far as training goes this week, I need a little help, I have a rather weak core that Id love to get stronger obviously. it would help me out a ton in the long run with flexibility issues. I have a really weak lower core compared to my upper core though and was wondering what are some good exercises that hit that lower core. I like to do hanging leg raises for 10-15 reps and some hanging oblique stuff, but im considering starting to add some roman chairs. I just feel like everything i do works my upper half rather than my lower half.. in fact my lower abs havent been sore in what feels like ages, despite doing core work 2-3 days per week. Any suggestions to add to my routine!

Anyway! A little bit of an update on the supplements, im changing my pre workout from superdrive, to C4 as the superdrive is losing its taste/effectiveness appeal so itll be nice to switch it up! I also may be adding some footwork plyos into my routine to try and get some quicker feet!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established

Heres looking out from the deck

back double bi (realize the bottom pic i didnt flex the same way :p )

relaxed back

relaxed front

while I know there isnt too much to notice, I expect everything to pick up this week as everyone kinda says theres a 3 week hump then it hits full force!

Just to add on to the pics, while it may be hard to see, I have noticed a lot of increased vascularity, while the veins arent popping out, I do have a lot more that are visible in my legs and chest. I also feel a lot fuller throughout the day, all pics were taken right away upon waking so they were cold.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see you back!

For your lower abs, you could try lying leg raises. Lift your hips off the ground or bench too. This will hit your lower abs harder. As far as overall core strength, give this a go. Lay on a flat surface, take a dumbbell and place it on your stomach. Exhale completely then breath through your stomach very hard and hold it. Slowly exhale all the air out and repeat. Try it with a 20 pound dumbbell or kettbell first. Relax your body, you may feel some tension in your neck if you don't/

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you back!

For your lower abs, you could try lying leg raises. Lift your hips off the ground or bench too. This will hit your lower abs harder. As far as overall core strength, give this a go. Lay on a flat surface, take a dumbbell and place it on your stomach. Exhale completely then breath through your stomach very hard and hold it. Slowly exhale all the air out and repeat. Try it with a 20 pound dumbbell or kettlebell first. Relax your body, you may feel some tension in your neck if you don't/
AYYY thanks for the ideas man, Ill be trying the dumbbell thing next workout. The reason I dont do lying leg lifts is because we had a class this spring that explained why lying leg raises were bad for the hip/lower back when done improperly and hanging leg raises were the better option. ALso anytime I do them, my left hip always pops when im about 8 inches off the ground. Im gonna work hard though and hopefully find something!

Good Morning all, I goofed last night, I had my whole post created and then never submitted it so when I woke up this morning and my internet connection and to re-find the wifi, I lost my whole post. so poop on that. Anyway, I had a great workout yesterday while even struggling to hit my macros! Lets hop into dis

2 alphamax at 930 am and 2 alphamax at 12 before bed
2 anabeta taken 1.5hrs pre workout with a meal (110g carbs) 2 taken with a sweet potatoes and peanut butter at midnight
2 scoops Glycergrow taken with my c4
1 scoop of c4

The workout!

Back Squat
45x3
135x3
185x3
225x2
275x1
315x1
335x4
335x4
335x4
335x4
335x4

Didnt need any help on these which made me happy, had my knees bow in just bit but everyones sometimes do a little a on heavy squats and id rather have them bow a tad rather than have my back parallel to the ground. still working on driving those knees out but its getting better!

Hang Clean
135x2
160x2
160x2
160x2
160x2
160x2
160x2
160x2
160x2

One of these I caught a little goofy and kinda strained my forearm/wrist but did some stretching and worked through it!

Underhand Lat Pull Down (close grip)
120x10
140x10
145x10
145x10

Dumbbell Rows
75x10
75x10
75x10
75x10

Good Mornings
135x5
155x5
155x5
155x5

again here i didnt hit the weight I was supposed to (172lbs) But im working with a weight I feel comfortable with until my lower back/hamstrings are a little stronger again.

3x10 roman chair/3x12 weighted toe touches

and some stretching,

that was it!

Workout felt great overall and I can feel my squat coming back which is promising! Grinded out some hip flexor tightness after so I should be all set for cleans today. Also looking to hit a bench PR as well so wish me luck there!

here were the macros for today, didnt quite hit the numbers I wanted to but came close so Im sure the gains will still come!