Formastane: what am I not understanding?

goshawk

Awards
I read this:

Aromatase Inhibition in Male Athletes Using Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids by Author L Rea

and do not understand why an older guy like me, with likely some excess estrogen would not use this as daily/weekly supplement.

pasted from the linked article:

Why?
Formestane increases IGF-1 secretion and activity.
Formestane decreases the number of progesterone receptors (inhibits the trenbolone and "deca-****" type side effects and increases fat loss)
Formestane inhibits 91.9% of aromatase enzyme production
Formestane increases HPTA activity similar to HCG and Clomid together
Formestane is anabolic and androgenic (At 500mg weekly the product is similar in effects to 250mg of Primobolan Enanthate)
Formestane is a "suicide inhibitor" of aromatase. Specifically this means that it will irreversibly bind to the aromatase enzyme and permanently deactivate it
Formestane (The sterile injectable form) possesses a 4-day half-life
Formestane decreases SHBG 34% thus increasing androgen activity.
Formestane inhibits DHT (dehydrotestosterone) formation and activity.
Formestane possesses 1% of the binding affinity of DHT to DHT receptors
Formestane has been shown to decrease prostate concerns such as BPH.
Formestane has been shown to continue to increase HPTA function above natural levels even after 22 weeks of continuous administration.

It all looks good. Why stop it? granted I am a total newbie here at age 55 but where are the negatives?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
subbed..

This interests me.. Sorry though, I don't really have anything useful to say, would just like to see where this goes.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Formestane is great stuff IMHO. We used to sell it until PA, afraid of losing 6OXO sales went on a Formestane rampage...

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Formestane is great stuff IMHO. We used to sell it until PA, afraid of losing 6OXO sales went on a Formestane rampage...
But why stop just because of PA? Because it hurt your sales that bad or because he may have been right? If he was not right I would not think a little internet bashing would hurt your sales that bad would it?

Edit: This is not meant as a shot at you. I just started 250mg Transdermal Form/day this morning. So it would be nice to know if he really had some good points on why to not use it.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I read this:

Aromatase Inhibition in Male Athletes Using Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids by Author L Rea

and do not understand why an older guy like me, with likely some excess estrogen would not use this as daily/weekly supplement.

pasted from the linked article:

Why?
Formestane increases IGF-1 secretion and activity.
Formestane decreases the number of progesterone receptors (inhibits the trenbolone and "deca-****" type side effects and increases fat loss)
Formestane inhibits 91.9% of aromatase enzyme production
Formestane increases HPTA activity similar to HCG and Clomid together
Formestane is anabolic and androgenic (At 500mg weekly the product is similar in effects to 250mg of Primobolan Enanthate)
Formestane is a "suicide inhibitor" of aromatase. Specifically this means that it will irreversibly bind to the aromatase enzyme and permanently deactivate it
Formestane (The sterile injectable form) possesses a 4-day half-life
Formestane decreases SHBG 34% thus increasing androgen activity.
Formestane inhibits DHT (dehydrotestosterone) formation and activity.
Formestane possesses 1% of the binding affinity of DHT to DHT receptors
Formestane has been shown to decrease prostate concerns such as BPH.
Formestane has been shown to continue to increase HPTA function above natural levels even after 22 weeks of continuous administration.

It all looks good. Why stop it? granted I am a total newbie here at age 55 but where are the negatives?
why stop? because its not a good idea to use any supplement indefinitely(except a select few) especially ph's/steroids. just cycle the product to stay safe. maybe you can run longer cycles if you keep the dosing on the lower side but i dont think many would recommend running continually.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I maintain that Form is one of the greatest things I have been able to add to my supplementation, ever. I believe that Estrogen is the culprit for many a problem we face as we age, both males and females. I take Form for 2 to 3 months straight, then cycle off for a couple weeks and start up again. My prostate thanks me, my bench press thanks me and my Dutchess thanks me. There is nothing better for an Old Fart like me. It is simple great. If you ever try to stack it with Epi you will go beserk with the strength gains they bring. If you match it with Progesterone cream your family jewels will thank you, as will your better half.

goshawk

Awards
I maintain that Form is one of the greatest things I have been able to add to my supplementation, ever. I believe that Estrogen is the culprit for many a problem we face as we age, both males and females. I take Form for 2 to 3 months straight, then cycle off for a couple weeks and start up again. My prostate thanks me, my bench press thanks me and my Dutchess thanks me. There is nothing better for an Old Fart like me. It is simple great. If you ever try to stack it with Epi you will go beserk with the strength gains they bring. If you match it with Progesterone cream your family jewels will thank you, as will your better half.
Dutchman I have followed your posts as a newbie and I am very interested in how you stack epi and form. I am 55, in what I think is very good shape and want to increase libido and build some muscle, maybe 5-8 pounds at best. I do think estrogen excess is a real issue, even in younger men with all these estrogen-like substances in the environment but especially for us old farts. Do you do lots of blood work to evaluate your E levels? Why do you go off it for 2 weeks. What negatives have you seen? And why progesterone? MOD EDIT: review the rules.

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
At that time we were heavily internet based so PA would use his usual dirty tricks (I heard he had like 34 screen names at one point) to try and put down anything that competed with him. We then switched to 6-AM which was really pretty good.

json75

Awards
why stop? because its not a good idea to use any supplement indefinitely(except a select few) especially ph's/steroids. just cycle the product to stay safe. maybe you can run longer cycles if you keep the dosing on the lower side but i dont think many would recommend running continually.

This gentleman is 55, its pretty well known that as we age we have more testosterone converting into estro than we'd like to have, this most certainly warrants an AI incorporated to your daily life, and formestane would be my choice (based on my own research).

That being said, I'd go to your doctor and have some blood-work done to know where your at hormonally, or just start an AI and adjust accordingly to how you feel. I wouldn't go crazy tho, just start at moderate amounts to see how you feel.

It looks like you've done some research already, just be cautious of driving estrogen to low this is no good for a variety of reasons.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dutchman--- I would like to know how you dose your formestane. It is transdermal of course,right? I just started mine at 125 mgs. per day . Is this enough? I'm 43 years old by the way. I am also taking 165 mgs. of trans androstenetrione. Do you think this stack will be good? Double check my dosages for me, will you?

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
This gentleman is 55, its pretty well known that as we age we have more testosterone converting into estro than we'd like to have, this most certainly warrants an AI incorporated to your daily life, and formestane would be my choice (based on my own research).

That being said, I'd go to your doctor and have some blood-work done to know where your at hormonally, or just start an AI and adjust accordingly to how you feel. I wouldn't go crazy tho, just start at moderate amounts to see how you feel.

It looks like you've done some research already, just be cautious of driving estrogen to low this is no good for a variety of reasons.
true but do we really want to inhibit 91.9% aromatase enzyme activity indefinitely? i would think stopping around every 8 weeks or so would be a good length and i would run it moderately/lower dosed. at 55 joints are normally quiet stiff and this will dry them out even more. im not bashing this product, i think its absolutely amazing i just dont think running a PH(even a very mild one) indefinitely is a good idea. do what you like but i dont advise it. i say cycle it.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dutchman--- Dr.John seems to disagree very strognly with us on the progesterone cream issue. He says it will not reduce the effects of estrogen in men. And that it lowers DHT, which he states is also bad. He says "DHT is all things male". So are we wrong on using progesterone? I'd really like to see some proof of these differing opinions.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There really is no need to use a suicide aromatase inhibitor daily, but long term with the right protocol would be very effective improving hormonal balance.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
There really is no need to use a suicide aromatase inhibitor daily, but long term with the right protocol would be very effective improving hormonal balance.
Would this be something like low dose EOD or even every third day?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would this be something like low dose EOD or even every third day?
The time it takes for the body to resynthesize aromatase is unknown. I would guess you could effectively go with every 3rd day.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
The time it takes for the body to resynthesize aromatase is unknown. I would guess you could effectively go with every 3rd day.
I was thinking 2-3 squirts (40-60mg) every third day. I'll give that a try and see how it works. Thanks for the opinion D.