Forearm tattoo ideas

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm getting my right arm sleeve finished in a few weeks. We didn't get it all finished the last all day session we had. The awesome part: we're bartering. I'm building him a website to pay for the remaining work needed.
Nice! Gotta love that

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1476748300.338492.jpg

Going in for my consult tomorrow and getting things started Here's a better pic of my reference image. My goal is to make it a bit more epic, going to take up more than just my back

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 141312

Going in for my consult tomorrow and getting things started Here's a better pic of my reference image. My goal is to make it a bit more epic, going to take up more than just my back
Thats crazy man!! Wish I had the extra $$ to do all the work I want. Im going Thursday to get more in my sleeve, its been a "save a little, ink a little " deal

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats crazy man!! Wish I had the extra $$ to do all the work I want. Im going Thursday to get more in my sleeve, its been a "save a little, ink a little " deal
I hear ya! I plan on trying to get the outline finished in 1-2 insane sessions, then taking my damn time after that! Lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I've got the first session booked for my back piece next month. We're doing the full outline in an 8 hour session. His rate is so high, I'm spending that whole check I got on just the outline lol

After that it's save a lil, ink a lil for me too

edit: I'm a little excited if you can't tell lol... hard to keep it in

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I've got the first session booked for my back piece next month. We're doing the full outline in an 8 hour session. His rate is so high, I'm spending that whole check I got on just the outline lol

After that it's save a lil, ink a lil for me too

edit: I'm a little excited if you can't tell lol... hard to keep it in
No problem with excitement man! Finally got the next part of my sleeve done. Only the inside of my bicep is left, but Im thinking I'm going to go from there and roll into the left peck as one piece

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No problem with excitement man! Finally got the next part of my sleeve done. Only the inside of my bicep is left, but Im thinking I'm going to go from there and roll into the left peck as one piece
My firefighter samurai
So F*CKING DOPE BRO! Makes me want to get one now. Only thing stoping me is having no money lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand that! This was an Anniversary/Birthday present from my wife. And thank you!
Haha ya man that's so great of your wife! My ex was like that, she was really into ink (on herself and me) and would pitch in on some sessions here and there.

Congrats on 17 yrs!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So it turns out I'm going to be finishing up my sleeve a few days before doing the full outline of my back piece this month. The artist I know from Spain will be back then.

Not to make anyone jealous, but the artist (from Spain) who's working on my sleeve just offered to do more free work for me (afterhours) on a Stranger Things piece he designed, on my leg. I'm super stoked right now. This is a crazy month for new ink! Feeling lucky atm. I'd been planning things out for years, but I didn't expect to get worked on so quickly. Things just came together nicely for me between the bartering, the unexpected cash I got, and a few other things that helped a lot.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know this is a hell of a revive but I've been thinking bout this for a while and am kinda torn. I'm getting open shoulder surgery here in 2 weeks and that's going to leave me with a nasty scar or scars. Coupled with acne scars I know I'll be a mess on my right shoulder area. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten a tattoo to cover up a scar? Also what does everyone think about tribal stuff similar to something like this: http://www.cuded.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/16-polynesian-chest-tattoo.jpg

I'm torn because you can add so much meaning and subtle hints at what you've done in your life without it being blatantly obvious and with it being all black I figured it would hold up better over time.... but it's a tribal tattoo and I know everyone and their brothers get them for their first tattoos so I'm kinda torn since it'll be my first tattoo as well.

Been through a lot of ****, love to be able to represent that without it being baltently obvious.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know this is a hell of a revive but I've been thinking bout this for a while and am kinda torn. I'm getting open shoulder surgery here in 2 weeks and that's going to leave me with a nasty scar or scars. Coupled with acne scars I know I'll be a mess on my right shoulder area. I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten a tattoo to cover up a scar? Also what does everyone think about tribal stuff similar to something like this: http://www.cuded.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/16-polynesian-chest-tattoo.jpg

I'm torn because you can add so much meaning and subtle hints at what you've done in your life without it being blatantly obvious and with it being all black I figured it would hold up better over time.... but it's a tribal tattoo and I know everyone and their brothers get them for their first tattoos so I'm kinda torn since it'll be my first tattoo as well.

Been through a lot of ****, love to be able to represent that without it being baltently obvious.
Before you get carries away with "Tribal" ink...do you have any ancestry that could be represented? In other words....I have Irish and English ancestry, so no matter how much I love samoan ink, like The Rock, it just doesnt fit me. With that being said...Im not Japanese, but my sleeve is of Japanese theme...however its a Japanese Firefighter theme, so its the historical factor I took into account. Make sense?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Before you get carries away with "Tribal" ink...do you have any ancestry that could be represented? In other words....I have Irish and English ancestry, so no matter how much I love samoan ink, like The Rock, it just doesnt fit me. With that being said...Im not Japanese, but my sleeve is of Japanese theme...however its a Japanese Firefighter theme, so its the historical factor I took into account. Make sense?
Yeah that's the other issue I have with getting it. Nothing "historical" so to speak. I've always loved the ocean tho, that's why I took up sailing last year and scuba diving this year. I have memories going to the Caribbean and fishing with family when I was younger etc. life for me has been based around the ocean. My family is mostly Germanic and polish though so that's the part that doesn't really fit too well.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah that's the other issue I have with getting it. Nothing "historical" so to speak. I've always loved the ocean tho, that's why I took up sailing last year and scuba diving this year. I have memories going to the Caribbean and fishing with family when I was younger etc. life for me has been based around the ocean. My family is mostly Germanic and polish though so that's the part that doesn't really fit too well.
Of its the ocean you like, tell your tattoo artist, maybe they can make a tribal type design utilizing water and Poseidon? Maybe even throw an Octopus on the top of the shoulder that has its 8 tentacles coming down over your arm and chest as the base. Just an idea

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Of its the ocean you like, tell your tattoo artist, maybe they can make a tribal type design utilizing water and Poseidon? Maybe even throw an Octopus on the top of the shoulder that has its 8 tentacles coming down over your arm and chest as the base. Just an idea
Yeah I was thinking about something like that, but I'm no artist so I have no idea how to incorporate any of that. I'm more of a simplistic guy so Im trying to keep it relatively simple in terms of detailing, I don't think j could pull off the tats you all have lol.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I was thinking about something like that, but I'm no artist so I have no idea how to incorporate any of that. I'm more of a simplistic guy so Im trying to keep it relatively simple in terms of detailing, I don't think j could pull off the tats you all have lol.
Best thing you can do is give the idea and parameters to the artist, and then tell them to design something original within those specs. Trust me...they like when you give them an idea but give them room for creativity rather than saying "I want this and thats it"

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best thing you can do is give the idea and parameters to the artist, and then tell them to design something original within those specs. Trust me...they like when you give them an idea but give them room for creativity rather than saying "I want this and thats it"
True lol it's their job