Forearm tattoo ideas

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to give a quick update. Got all the line work done on the bottom half, and all color finished to the top half today. So far, coming in nice.
Looks freaking sweet bro!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking pretty awesome man. I can't wait to start working on my sleeves.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1465563980.831996.jpg

Here's some progress on a large rib piece I've been working on. Actually it goes from my thigh, up my side, to my chest. Had the outline done in one 4 hr session. Just did 3 hours of shading the other day (last week) on the armor and part of the wings. Going back in a week for more! I can only handle about 3 hour sessions on my ribs.

I love color tattoos but I'm sticking with black and grey (with occasional red) because I'm a sun fanatic and want them to pop / last as long as possible.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking pretty awesome man. I can't wait to start working on my sleeves.

View attachment 136594

Here's some progress on a large rib piece I've been working on. Actually it goes from my thigh, up my side, to my chest. Had the outline done in one 4 hr session. Just did 3 hours of shading the other day (last week) on the armor and part of the wings. Going back in a week for more! I can only handle about 3 hour sessions on my ribs.

I love color tattoos but I'm sticking with black and grey (with occasional red) because I'm a sun fanatic and want them to pop / last as long as possible.
Ive been watching your updates, man that thing is sick. Whoever is doing it is putting the lines in solid and the black looks great. Absolutely no way I could sit there like that on a rib piece, Im to squirley as it is. Keep posting as you get more done, anxious to see how it ends up. And thanks!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks! I won't lie, the outline was really brutal. I should've taken something to take the edge off. It was the worst pain I'd ever felt and the experience will never leave me.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shading was definitely better yesterday. For half the session I had a huge grin on my face as I was starting to see progress, and it was drawing the attention of almost everyone in the room - had me real excited. But a few spots were still brutal! Anywhere near the hip/armpit, even a few inches away, completely suck. We still need to shade the piece where it crosses over my hip, through my armpit, and overtop of my nipple. I guess he's saving the best for last lol
Ugh, I'm just imagining the pain but errrr... Gonna stop by the shop on the way to the gym and make an apt. I hate you, Gutterpump! :p

Just wanted to give a quick update. Got all the line work done on the bottom half, and all color finished to the top half today. So far, coming in nice.
Looking good and swole! :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! I won't lie, the outline was really brutal. I should've taken something to take the edge off. It was the worst pain I'd ever felt and the experience will never leave me.
My coworker rubbed lidocaine on before she got tatted. Haha, then she found out she was allergic to lidocaine and her arm swelled up.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ugh, I'm just imagining the pain but errrr... Gonna stop by the shop on the way to the gym and make an apt. I hate you, Gutterpump! :p
Nice I'm heading back in a week for round three on this piece. Can't wait

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nest session down the drain. A LOT of black done. Did about 4.5 hours worth. Should be done in one more session. I hate the pictures, it looks so much better in person

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks great man! I just had another session on my side done as well a couple days ago, and we're finally finished with it. 4 x 4 hr sessions, 16 hours total, on the worst area possible lol.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks great man! I just had another session on my side done as well a couple days ago, and we're finally finished with it. 4 x 4 hr sessions, 16 hours total, on the worst area possible lol.
Yeah, that's hardcore! Lets see it man!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I could eat a taco while getting a tattoo... I've always wanted one across my bicep. Thinking maybe a Celtic band with the 2nd reich eagle on it because that's roughly when my family moved to America and because my family was from Germany. Wanted bigger arms before I get it so it doesn't stretch tho

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn bro! Beautiful work!
Thanks man. Cost me a fortune and kinda ruined my summer since I was constantly healing.

I'm getting my sleeve finished next month but after that I need a long break lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If anyone in here is a Hannibal fan, I'm in the midst of turning my Hannibal forearm piece into a sleeve. Based more off visuals from the TV series, with a bit of a religious theme too. I'm 2.5 weeks away from finishing it up. Going to do 2 6hr sessions within the same week since my other artist is back visiting from Barcelona. Going to power through it.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Do you have the concept drawn out?
I've got some references yeah. I'm not sure if you've watched the series, or know about how closely tied together Will and Hannibal were, but here's a couple parts of the new sleeve.

The Hanging Man tarot card (symbolic of both Will and Hannibal).

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472602640.757594.jpg

Will forgiving Hannibal in the last season

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472602675.859132.jpg

I also wanted to incorporate this anatomical sketch from the 1500's

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1472602770.157693.jpg

I'll likely fill other gaps with various related flash, filigree, and renaissance era artwork

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've got some references yeah. I'm not sure if you've watched the series, or know about how closely tied together Will and Hannibal were, but here's a couple parts of the new sleeve.

I'll likely fill other gaps with various related flash, filigree, and renaissance era artwork
All very cool choices. I watched the first season and keep meaning to go back. I've read all of the books and seen all of the movies repeatedly. I just sort of got busy with other shows and keep forgetting to put it back on the list.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
All very cool choices. I watched the first season and keep meaning to go back. I've read all of the books and seen all of the movies repeatedly. I just sort of got busy with other shows and keep forgetting to put it back on the list.
Thanks. Yeah it gets pretty amazing, especially once they're in Europe when Hannibal is on the run. I was so upset when they were forced to end it. The last season saw the rise and fall of the Red Dragon, I won't say more than that though. Definitely worth watching more than once

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One more week till we start the sleeve. Getting real excited, but also anxious. I've never had an all-day session before lol, and we're doing 2 to finish it while he's in the country (artist is from Spain - Barcelona).

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One more week till we start the sleeve. Getting real excited, but also anxious. I've never had an all-day session before lol, and we're doing 2 to finish it while he's in the country (artist is from Spain - Barcelona).
Good luck with it homie! Keep us up to date!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1474209578.563576.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1474209599.881548.jpg

Some progress on the inner bicep.
We went 8 hours yesterday, and there's more work done. I'll post pics soon, it's really swollen today.

Btw, all those lines by my armpit and elbow Definitely funny areas

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
End result looks great, but yeah, that is not a pleasant area to get done lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just found out I'm getting a small inheritance in the mail. Do I start my back piece or be more responsible with it? Lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on how cool the back piece will be.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1475257303.117101.jpg

The Goddess Kali, in her form where she destroys the unrighteous members of humanity. It will wrap onto my left side too (hair, arms)and maybe onto my traps / upper chest

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 140758

The Goddess Kali, in her form where she destroys the unrighteous members of humanity. It will wrap onto my left side too (hair, arms)and maybe onto my traps / upper chest
I was seriously considering telling you to be smart with it, then I read what you want and saw the picture. Im a bad influence, you really want my opinion? Lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
guttetpump, I wanted to throw this in here. This is the 80 hour back piece of a guy I work
EMS with. Its pretty sick

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was seriously considering telling you to be smart with it, then I read what you want and saw the picture. Im a bad influence, you really want my opinion? Lol
I think I might start it soon but will be really slow with this one. Going to cost a lot. The artist I'll be using is $250/hour. Same guy who did my side piece. What's your opinion? Lol

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
View attachment 140758

You should be responsible I guess? lol I'm a bad influence so im going to not say anything lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I might start it soon but will be really slow with this one. Going to cost a lot. The artist I'll be using is $250/hour. Same guy who did my side piece. What's your opinion? Lol
Well, not trying to be to personal, but if you have the "expendable" money, go for it. I dont know anything about your personal life so its hard to say. $250 an hour is not bad at all for the caliber of artist you have doing it for you. Im paying $100 for mine, hes local but well known for his Japanese tats. Unfortunately, with a 15 year old son, the completion of my sleeve has been put on hold for a bit. Brings me to my next point, if youre not married or no kid(s), DO THE TAT NOW!!!!

aplopez008

aplopez008

Awards
Make sure you see the artist portfolio and be in realization of there capabilities, also if your going to want to extend/add to a piece let the artist know before hand to make it easier when you decide to add more work

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Make sure you see the artist portfolio and be in realization of there capabilities, also if your going to want to extend/add to a piece let the artist know before hand to make it easier when you decide to add more work
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1475383183.793200.jpg

Definitely. Those are great points. I'm using the same artist that worked on this massive side piece of mine, for my back piece

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm getting my right arm sleeve finished in a few weeks. We didn't get it all finished the last all day session we had. The awesome part: we're bartering. I'm building him a website to pay for the remaining work needed.