Forearm tattoo ideas

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow. That shop has quite a few amazing artists. You're definitely in great hands.
Thanks. Yeah I'm getting a completely different one done from Anderson Luna, but the squid man and deer headed man I'm getting done from Reuben Cogburn, who's a genius at traditional blackwork/dot/linework. He's from a shop in LA called Genuine Electric Tattoo.

So the squid man is a play off Cthulu, and the deer headed man is influenced by Wil's vision of Hannibal (the stag man on the TV series aka the Wendigo).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
4 more days till I go. I've got an 8 hour session booked, but it might even take longer. Anyone here ever go that long?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
4 more days till I go. I've got an 8 hour session booked, but it might even take longer. Anyone here ever go that long?
I've gone 10 hours before. A friend of mine went 3 days straight for a full sleeve.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How was it? What'd you do to pass the time?
I laid there pretending I was dead. Tattooing hurts like a b*tch and to anyone who says its therapy... Fcuk you!

3 days is kinda crazy haha
I know, right?!? I can't imagine getting tattooed again when the first session hasn't healed.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I laid there pretending I was dead. Tattooing hurts like a b*tch and to anyone who says its therapy... Fcuk you!

I know, right?!? I can't imagine getting tattooed again when the first session hasn't healed.
Needle therapy!!
The last time I got ink done, I swelled up after the outline was done and the shading was a real b!tch, but I had a friend with me to shoot the **** with. This is gonna be interesting this week, going on my own, early morning, to a shop I've never been to in another city. And then I'll be taking the bus back that night lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Needle therapy!!
The last time I got ink done, I swelled up after the outline was done and the shading was a real b!tch, but I had a friend with me to shoot the **** with. This is gonna be interesting this week, going on my own, early morning, to a shop I've never been to in another city. And then I'll be taking the bus back that night lol
I don't like people with me. Their voices make me want to punch them. Haha

Ouch! Single needles are more painful than the shading needles. I almost went into shock the last time because they had the fan blowing on me and I was sitting for too long.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't like people with me. Their voices make me want to punch them. Haha

Ouch! Single needles are more painful than the shading needles. I almost went into shock the last time because they had the fan blowing on me and I was sitting for too long.
Well this time I'm getting just black dot/line work so they'll be shading with the single needle using dots and small lines. Going to be fun but I love the look of dot/line work!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well this time I'm getting just black dot/line work so they'll be shading with the single needle using dots and small lines. Going to be fun but I love the look of dot/line work!
The white dots I got was more painful than the shading! ??? here's a few hands to hold! Lol

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow. That shop has quite a few amazing artists. You're definitely in great hands.
Just met with Anderson Luna last night, and paid down my deposit, booked my next 2 sessions with him. Going to take 3 5-hour sessions he said. The piece I want is BIG, and he wanted to go even larger with it in order to show more detail over time because it's highly detailed. The piece is going on my right side, from beneath my armpit, past my waist and down onto my leg. All I'm going to say about it now is that it's based on a classic medieval illustration I showed him, very heraldic, but with a very dark occult feel. Super stoked on this piece, and that he's doing it.

Btw, going to Philly tomorrow for my forearms!! I'm super stoked on this artist I'm seeing tomorrow as well. He specializes in the bizarre :D He's a huge Lovecraft fan. I've got high expectations from him too :D

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome man. Looking forward to seeing them when they're healed up.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Very cool man! He does really great work.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just finished the first of 3 5-hour sessions on a massive piece that extends from my thigh to my armpit, completely covering the right side of my ribcage. Was a ton of black line work this first session. Got the whole outline done.

I was not prepared for that, no matter what anyone told me. The ribs are brutal, but the hip/obliques/front of groin where it meets the thigh, and armpit, is absofukinlutely bananas. Felt like my flesh was simultaneously being burned and ripped apart at the same time. I somehow sucked it up and only took 3 very short breaks. It was absolute torture lol, I'll never forget it. 2 more sessions to go on it though

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keep powering through man. It'll be worth it!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep powering through man. It'll be worth it!
It was insane. It's blackwork so we're doing a ****load of white and black shading next session with lots of solid black too. I grabbed a few percocets from a friend for it but I'm still scared. I need a bite guard too. Ughhhh

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just finished the first of 3 5-hour sessions on a massive piece that extends from my thigh to my armpit, completely covering the right side of my ribcage. Was a ton of black line work this first session. Got the whole outline done.

I was not prepared for that, no matter what anyone told me. The ribs are brutal, but the hip/obliques/front of groin where it meets the thigh, and armpit, is absofukinlutely bananas. Felt like my flesh was simultaneously being burned and ripped apart at the same time. I somehow sucked it up and only took 3 very short breaks. It was absolute torture lol, I'll never forget it. 2 more sessions to go on it though
Post a pic!

It's painful as fcuk! I never take breaks because I want to get that ish done as fast as possible!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why can't you have a hand tattoo? Employment related?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why can't you have a hand tattoo? Employment related?
Yes, it's just not professional. I can cover up all my current tattoos. My job right now doesn't care about tattoos but what if I want to get a better job in the future? I can't have tattoos on my hands and face. :/

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, it's just not professional. I can cover up all my current tattoos. My job right now doesn't care about tattoos but what if I want to get a better job in the future? I can't have tattoos on my hands and face. :/
Oh, I completely understand. I was just curious if it was some other reason. Face and neck tattoos are a major life decision lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I completely understand. I was just curious if it was some other reason. Face and neck tattoos are a major life decision lol
Yes, they are!!!!! I'm usually covered up so people don't recognize me from the gym... :D

Lol, my mom just saw my arm and cursed me out.

Me: Walks casual and sticks out my arm.
Mom: Is that what you waste your money on?
Me: Haha, it cost me a dollar!
Mom: A**!!!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Post a pic!

It's painful as fcuk! I never take breaks because I want to get that ish done as fast as possible!
I had to take a break here n there mainly to give my muscles a break and stretch. I took two muscle relaxers and still my whole body would tense up hard! Hips/ribs n armpit area is the absolute worst lol

Ps: I might post a pic up. It's just the outline tho. Prob is I gotta get nekked to show the whole thing too lol... It's extends from my rear delt, under my arm/pit and down onto my groin/ass and thigh. Wraps onto half my back too and onto my right pec. It's a big piece

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
tattoo-side.jpg

Here's a tease for now. I'll post some good pics when it's all finished up.
The upper part was altered so that it trails up into the lower portion of my armpit. White/grey shading is also going to cover my right nipple. Not so sure how that's going to feel, but probably somewhere between a blow torch and razor blades. Also can't tell how the piece wraps onto half of my back in this pic. But it's a good shot to show how much was done on my hip area. Never do this. Never get any ink around your hips, ever.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 135552

The upper part was altered so that it trails up into the lower portion of my armpit. White/grey shading is also going to cover my right nipple. Not so sure how that's going to feel, but probably somewhere between a blow torch and razor blades. Also can't tell how the piece wraps onto half of my back in this pic. But it's a good shot to show how much was done on my hip area. Never do this. Never get any ink around your hips, ever.
That's effn huge! Looks amazing, though! No wonder you took a few breaks!!!! I'd be crying!!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished work!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's effn huge! Looks amazing, though! No wonder you took a few breaks!!!! I'd be crying!!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished work!
Thanks ya I'm excited for it too. I have 2 more sessions to go till it's finished, and another session after those booked for a different piece in July.

Other than that, I've got something planned to add to one of my arms and hope to turn it into a full sleeve, but not for a while, maybe fall.

That flower piece on your leg looks like it was painful, being all red ink!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks ya I'm excited for it too. I have 2 more sessions to go till it's finished, and another session after those booked for a different piece in July.

Other than that, I've got something planned to add to one of my arms and hope to turn it into a full sleeve, but not for a while, maybe fall.

That flower piece on your leg looks like it was painful, being all red ink!
Dang, pretty soon you'll have no more room! I'm jealous, I want another one but the pain..... I can't deal with it.

My red one wasn't so bad. My ribs and my chest were effn torture.

????? haha, hands for you to hold! :p

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hang in there man. It's looking awesome!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dang, pretty soon you'll have no more room! I'm jealous, I want another one but the pain..... I can't deal with it.

My red one wasn't so bad. My ribs and my chest were effn torture.

���������� haha, hands for you to hold! :p

Ha thanks! It's a bit of an addiction now. Been planning for years, but I've gotta give it a rest soon. Hoping I can plan a trip to Russia to get inked by Alexander Grimm next year! He only does massive pieces, and he's an amazing artist. Worth the flight.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ha thanks! It's a bit of an addiction now. Been planning for years, but I've gotta give it a rest soon. Hoping I can plan a trip to Russia to get inked by Alexander Grimm next year! He only does massive pieces, and he's an amazing artist. Worth the flight.
I'll never get another tattoo out of town. They overcharge, it's ****ty sometimes, and you're too far to get a touch up.

Hang in there man. It's looking awesome!
Where's your tattoos?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am patiently waiting until August for my first sleeves appointment.

Here is some work from the guy who is going to be doing my sleeves. I love his color work.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll never get another tattoo out of town. They overcharge, it's ****ty sometimes, and you're too far to get a touch up.

Where's your tattoos?
I just have the one so far that covers my left shoulder, but have a few others drawn out. I also need to get the one I have modified or covered up a bit...past mistakes coming back to haunt me.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am patiently waiting until August for my first sleeves appointment.

Here is some work from the guy who is going to be doing my sleeves. I love his color work.

Cool! Who's the artist?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
tattoo-new.jpg
puccah8808 here's the outline next to my forearm pieces. Going in on Monday for 5 hours of shading lol.. Excited to get it finished though but might take 2 sessions

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Going all out with that one. Looks great!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been working on planning out the opposite side now. Gotta keep em balanced

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 136277
puccah8808 here's the outline next to my forearm pieces. Going in on Monday for 5 hours of shading lol.. Excited to get it finished though but might take 2 sessions
Oh fcuk! It looks amazing!!!! I'm so tempted to get more ink but I can't deal with the pain right now. I'm being a little b*tch!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh fcuk! It looks amazing!!!! I'm so tempted to get more ink but I can't deal with the pain right now. I'm being a little b*tch!
Thanks! I'm going in for 5 hours of shading on it tomorrow. Won't be finished, but pretty close..

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! I'm going in for 5 hours of shading on it tomorrow. Won't be finished, but pretty close..
I prefer a shading needle over a line needle!!!!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive got a few tats, but this is the newest. Its a cover up, and is about 1/2 of the sleeve it will end up as. Top is a foo dog, and this week I start the rest, a dragon and a samurais oni mask with a maltese cross on the front of his helmet. All voids will be filled with black/gray smoke spirals. Full Japanese firefighter theme. (A lot of research behind each symbol) Cant wait to get there and get it started!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive got a few tats, but this is the newest. Its a cover up, and is about 1/2 of the sleeve it will end up as. Top is a foo dog, and this week I start the rest, a dragon and a samurais oni mask with a maltese cross on the front of his helmet. All voids will be filled with black/gray smoke spirals. Full Japanese firefighter theme. (A lot of research behind each symbol) Cant wait to get there and get it started!
It's looking great man. Are you a firefighter by chance? I'm assuming so by the choice in ink, good stuff!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I prefer a shading needle over a line needle!!!!
Shading was definitely better yesterday. For half the session I had a huge grin on my face as I was starting to see progress, and it was drawing the attention of almost everyone in the room - had me real excited. But a few spots were still brutal! Anywhere near the hip/armpit, even a few inches away, completely suck. We still need to shade the piece where it crosses over my hip, through my armpit, and overtop of my nipple. I guess he's saving the best for last lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's looking great man. Are you a firefighter by chance? I'm assuming so by the choice in ink, good stuff!
Ha! I just dont see how people figure that out so quick! But, I wanted something different, and to stay with the firefighter theme, so came up with the japanese firefighter. Its amazing what Ive learned about those guys researching for a tattoo. They go back to the 16/17 th century.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wanted to give a quick update. Got all the line work done on the bottom half, and all color finished to the top half today. So far, coming in nice.