First ph cycle help

Jburna333

Awards
I've been a regular in this forum for a while as I was trying to gain as much info as I could. Decided to see if anyone could chime in and help me to the next step. I'd like to start my first ph cycle so can anyone recommend a solid first cycle for me? I'd preferably like to do a stand alone cycle and something mild along with mild side effects. Also could you recommend a solid pct? Thanks in advance.

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
No one can reccommend any ph for anyone, just depends if your ready, your either ready or your not, Whats your age,workout history, supplement history, etc...

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
5'10 and 168lb, Ahhh creatine, protein, BCAA, Fish oil. Solid meals and training. Once you hit a wall at 185-190 ask again.

You still can grow naturally and have no need to use something like your asking about.

Jburna333

Awards
Thanks for the input from both replies above.

A little background info: I'm 26, 5'10 and currently weight about 168-170. Been working out seriously for about 3 years now but have been working out on and off since I was in high school. My body tends to normally gravitate to around 165lbs. A few years ago I wanted to really drop fat and I ended up having about 7-8%bf at 152lbs, I realized this was way too skinny so I began a year long bulk (very dirty bulk), lifted like crazy and ended up at 192lbs. Begining of January this year I wanted to start dropping bf again but now with more knowledge I tried to do it with dropping as little lean body mass as possible and that is where I'm at right now, at 168lbs and I'd estimate at 11-12% bf. Looking to add some big boy size now.

Supps: lots of protein, animal pump for pw, tt-33(cutting), reversitol v2 (I realize this is usually taken as a pct but wanted to see if it would give me any results in the gym), glutamine, and creatine. Getting about 200g protein, 140g carbs, 50g fat.

With that said, I would like to start with my first ph cycle. Any recommendations for a first timer with my background would be appreciated.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Sorry dude, you should just be able to get a lot more results out of tweaking your diet and workout routines. There are a number of factors that could affect this. Are you sure you're getting enough calories? What is your maintenance level? Are these quality calories? What about your workouts -- have you switched up your routines? Have you tried new movements? Or your home life -- are you getting enough sleep?

These things should all be straightened out and then you'll start getting the gains you want.

Jburna333

Awards
Thx for the reply owlicks,

I def. Respect your opinion and am now leaning towards following your advice. So my question is...when will be a good time to do my first cycle?

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
Thx for the reply owlicks,

I def. Respect your opinion and am now leaning towards following your advice. So my question is...when will be a good time to do my first cycle?
No prob man. I agree with what the others have suggested -- aim for a goal weight of 185 to 190 with low bodyfat before diving into PH stuff. If you don't already, try to stick with the classic lifts while you're bulking -- squats, bench, etc.

What does your current workout routine look like?

Jburna333

Awards
I have a 4 day split, looks something like this:

Bi's n tri's:
-warm up with some isolated bi curls with barbell 4 sets
-alternating bi curls dumbbells 4 sets
-heavy bi curls with Olympic bar standing 3 sets and end with 95lbs
-hammer curls 3 sets

-warm up with tricep pushdowns w cables 3 sets
-skull crushers 4 sets ending with 80lbs
-one handed overhead tricep extensions 3 sets
-variation of dips 3 sets

Shoulders/traps:
-dumbbell military press 3 sets light warm up then 4 sets heavy
-smith machine military press 4 sets
-lateral raises w dumbbells 3 sets warm up 3 sets heavier
-cable lateral raises one handed 3 sets
-bent over lateral raises w dumbbell 3 sets
-barbell shoulder shrugs 5 sets with 1 light warm up set in begining
-upright rows 3 sets

Back:
-pull ups 3x10
-lat pulldowns 4 sets ending with about 180lbs
-another variation of lat pulls 4 sets
-bent over rows 4 sets with barbell end with 155lbs
-seated cable rows 4 sets really focus on pinching shoulder blades
-dead lifts 4 sets ending with 275lbs

LEgs:
-leg press 6 sets 2 warm up 4 working sets end with 450lbs
-squats 4 sets end with 245
Leg extensions 4 sets
-let's curls for hammys 3 sets
-rdl's 3 sets
-calf raisers 3 sets high reps
-another variation of calf raisers

Chest
-incline bench w dumbbells end with 70lb dumbbells 4 sets
-smith machine incline press 3 sets
-flat bench dumbbell 4 sets end with 70lb dumbbells
-decline press 3 sets
-cable flys

So actually it's a 5 day split...what do you think?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 35
Anabolics 32
Anabolics 17
Swolechopper Anabolics 16
Supplements 10