FINAFLEX 550-XD THE RESURRECTION OF TURNING GREEN (Sponsored LOG)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn I'm late bro. Sorry. Great to see you back!
I don't spend much time in here anymore but I'll be on to check in here man!

Those pics before crap hit the fan, what were your stats? (weight, bf, lifts?)

Kill it man!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah definitely a bit smooth and a little more belly hanging over my shorts than I'd like, but I'm glad you guys think the 19.6 seems high. I had trouble digesting that one myself. No matter I'll just keep chipping at the block.
Yea you don't look like 20% but hell it's all a number, just get in them abs!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 3

550-XD and 3 Multi-V caps at 0645hrs. I am definitely feeling a noticeable increase in hunger as during my third block class (starts at 1111hrs) I was pretty much ravenous. I did damage on my fast breaker at 1300hrs putting down 918 calories. I have to say the RecoverPro got me through the day...just kept sipping away waiting for the lunch bell to ring (I teach high school visual arts for those who don't know). hit the gym for workout two of the Iron Warrior again keeping a good pace and sweating like a mad man. My thirst is definitely on the up as two gallons of H20 is becoming no problem to take down...Im just damn thirsty! Im finding it tough to get those extra calories down but Im managing putting down 1,338 calories post workout along with dose two of 550-XD. I will finish out the day with another 266 calories and one cap of PCT Black before bed.

Training

Workout 2RepsWeightRepsWeightRepsWeightRepsWeight
Chins815lbs815lbs610lbs55lbs
Decline Bench8195lbs8195lbs7175lbs5145lbs
DB Upright Row845lbs845lbs835lbs825lbs
T-Cups810lbs810lbs65lbs62.5lbs
Squat8225lbs8225lbs8195lbs8175lbs
Stiff Leg Deads8295lbs8295lbs6275lbs6225lbs
I am working on increasing weight slowly as not to cause any unnecessary injury also focusing on fully contracting the muscle groups being worked. I will increase the weight on DB Uprights next week, and also drop some weight on the Stiff Legs. I was damn breathless at the end of the Stiff Leg Deads, and absolutely drenched in sweat. I did a 10 minute warm up on the treadmill before lifting (walking @ 3.2mph)

Nutrition

2,883 calories
Fat: 80.3g (25%)
Carbohydrate: 208g (29%)
Protein: 338.1g (47%)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work man!

I follow a very similar diet. I'm wondering if I should add pct black to my current cycle.... Heh.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
****z you dang sure haven't lost a bit of strength!! Love the decline presses!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Those Stiff leg deads are impressive man, considering your just bouncing back into it that's a sick start!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I like that spit for wd's 30% carbs and 25% fat is more the way I go on those days and the oposite on burn days where I go higher with the fat and lower with the cabs...

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 4

550-XD and 3 Multi-V caps at 0645hrs. I did some light cardio and abs today and took dose two of 550-XD around 1645hrs. I will be taking one cap of PCT Black before bed. No change in noticeable sides or effects from 550-XD as of now besides the increase in hunger and thirst, and the increase appetite. I went a little over my calories today (+200), and I am not to pleased with myself about it. I may throw in a little extra cardio tomorrow post-lift to make up for it. I am getting excited to see how week ones hard work has paid off.

Training
30 minutes elliptical @ medium resistance

DB Side Bends 3x15 @ 40lbs

Stability Ball Crunches 3x20

Stability Ball Crunches (alternating cross elbow to knee) 3x15 (both sides is one rep)

I really want to get as much ab work in as possible without over training as my abs always lag behind my other muscle groups (more noticeable at lower BF%)

Nutrition:

2,203 calories
Fat: 86.8g (35%)
Carbohydrate: 106g (19%)
Protein: 257.5g (46%)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should really get in more ab work lol.

You should ask your brother for some xfit wods for burn days. ;)

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
I should really get in more ab work lol.

You should ask your brother for some xfit wods for burn days. ;)
Yeah that is some good stuff. I actually prefer hyperfit over crossfit less of a beat down on the joints. I may have to start doing some high intensity ish to keep up with these calories! I have to say that I am having no problem staying satiated...actually I feel over stuffed right now haha.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah that is some good stuff. I actually prefer hyperfit over crossfit less of a beat down on the joints. I may have to start doing some high intensity ish to keep up with these calories! I have to say that I am having no problem staying satiated...actually I feel over stuffed right now haha.

lean gains will do that to ya!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't worry too much about the calories being up by 200, you are going to experience an increase in protein synthesis and calorie burning while on cycle so I am not so sure you shouldn't be 3200 2200 anyway.

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
Really interested in your total body training split.... Will you please pm me the split details and movements. Thankx

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't worry too much about the calories being up by 200, you are going to experience an increase in protein synthesis and calorie burning while on cycle so I am not so sure you shouldn't be 3200 2200 anyway.
Oh if you do go to 3200 2200 just drop back down to 3000 2000 right after cycle, if I keep the save cals for too long into PCT it turns on me right quick.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Oh if you do go to 3200 2200 just drop back down to 3000 2000 right after cycle, if I keep the save cals for too long into PCT it turns on me right quick.
Thanks for the info DW I feel much better about my little mistake last night! Im gonna go hit some early morning weights now!!! THANK GOD FOR SPRING BREAK!!! BTW I slept much better last night...got a full 8hrs in!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the info DW I feel much better about my little mistake last night! Im gonna go hit some early morning weights now!!! THANK GOD FOR SPRING BREAK!!! BTW I slept much better last night...got a full 8hrs in!
Just watch your body comp very closely, when you go into pct watch closer. Gets really tricky...

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 5

Had a different schedule today. Got my lift in early because we had to travel to my brothers place 4 hours away. Hit workout 3 at 0900. I had a great training session today. I feel I am doing a great job with focusing on the muscle group being worked. I didnt get the calories I needed today due to the hectic schedule, but I stayed in my feeding window and had decent macros. Supplementation stays the same, and I am begining to see some results (in the mirror). I will have weight and body fat updates on monday.

Training

Workout 3RepsWeightRepsWeightRepsWeightRepsWeight
DB Shoulder Press840lbs840lbs835lbs725lbs
DB Pull Over850lbs850lbs840lbs830lbs
Smith Incline Press8125lbs8125lbs8105lbs885lbs
Reverse Grip Bench8165lbs8165lbs785lbs765lbs
Hex Bar RDL8205lbs8205lbs8175lbs8135lbs
Lex Extension8140lbs8130lbs890lbs650lbs

This was a great session today I feel that the weights I chose were near perfect. I hit my reps range perfectly failing between 6-8. I know that the numbers arent high, but the focus and attention to muscle groups is spot on.

Nutrition

2,883 calories
Fat: 101.9g (38%)
Carbohydrate: 115.4g (19%)
Protein: 263.3g (43%)

I should have had more carbs than fats today, but I was very limited due to traveling. Hope to get right tomorrow.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Subbed and good luck!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
This is what happens when family comes from up state NY chips and Bison Dip at 1100am. None for me.

image-2885307535.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good job on the workout and resisting the temptation.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 6

Dosed 550-XD as usual. I forgot to bring my RecoverPro, but used some of my brothers universal bcaa caps. I followed Doc's recommendation of just eating one large blow out meal with the family. We went to an Irish pub and had some Irish Nachos with grilled chicken and a chicken bacon wrap. Needles to say I am still stuffed and eager to get back to my normal nutrition. I'm thinking I probably had somewhere around 4,000 calories today possibly more. I still followed my 16/8 feeding window. I will have to be careful tomorrow to stay inside my macros which will be challenging because mom is cooking Easter dinner. I don't foresee any issues with this also I'd like to get some kind of cardio in tomorrow.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome workout brother! I get the feeling this is gonna be an other epic log. Chip n dip lol. I had that last weekend when the brothers and sis in laws came over for Wrestlemania.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have those exact chips and dip in my house lol i live in buffalo, its a big thing aroudn here, those exact brands too lol

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
i have those exact chips and dip in my house lol i live in buffalo, its a big thing aroudn here, those exact brands too lol
Ha! Yeah man my parents always bring stuff to NC for us. Bison Dip, Mighty Taco, Chicken Finger Subs all that stuff we can't get down here of course it's during a LOG lol. It's ok I'll live! You have even more in Buffalo Elmwood Taco and Subs is bomb and fn Jim's Steak Out...god I would be so fat if I still lived up there haha!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6

Dosed 550-XD as usual. I forgot to bring my RecoverPro, but used some of my brothers universal bcaa caps. I followed Doc's recommendation of just eating one large blow out meal with the family. We went to an Irish pub and had some Irish Nachos with grilled chicken and a chicken bacon wrap. Needles to say I am still stuffed and eager to get back to my normal nutrition. I'm thinking I probably had somewhere around 4,000 calories today possibly more. I still followed my 16/8 feeding window. I will have to be careful tomorrow to stay inside my macros which will be challenging because mom is cooking Easter dinner. I don't foresee any issues with this also I'd like to get some kind of cardio in tomorrow.
Yah the extended fast and one meal is how i handle these situations and then when I start eating I try and fill up on protein and veg as much as possilble before I hit the carbs. This actually stuff from the lean gains site it's gold in these situations and I will employ it again today. I will also do some fasted cardio to prepare. It's a great way to go about it, you can enjoy yourself guilt free ... :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Those big meals will put your mind at rest so you aren't in temptation all the time and at times your body even needs those extra nutrients! Especially since you are on 550XD, Coming along nicely sir lovin this log!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Those big meals will put your mind at rest so you aren't in temptation all the time and at times your body even needs those extra nutrients! Especially since you are on 550XD, Coming along nicely sir lovin this log!
Thanks Tiny, thankfully this is just one in a long while that my patents come to see me so the temptation is only here while they're here! Not that I don't like that they come down to see us but they don't really understand the whole Lean Gains approach and are constantly asking if I want something to eat lol. This morning I got to watch everybody eat eggs bacon toast and jalapeño cheese grits. Not that this was something I just had to have, but it's amazing how much the mind thinks it wants food when it is right in front of your face! I held out then tore up a whole rotisserie chicken (no skin) at 1300hr. Yeah boy! Tomorrow back to the gym baby also stepping on the scale and checking BF%

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how does ur whole family react when they are all eating and u dont..... i know some people can be pretty dumb about stuff like that

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
how does ur whole family react when they are all eating and u dont..... i know some people can be pretty dumb about stuff like that
It's cool they know that I do my own thing. No worries. It's not like they aren't going to eat just because I choose to do things the unconventional way.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 7

Another day with family. Heading back home tomorrow am and going right to the gym...I can't wait! I did ok today getting in 2800 calories. My macros could have been better, but considering the circumstances not bad. I will check BF% and weight tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be holding on to some water and I appear to be puffy right now. I plan to hit the gym hard this week maybe throw in some hyperfit sessions to battle the intake from this weekend. My dad is coming next weekend, but he is more health oriented if you will meaning he is a regular in the gym and understands nutritional needs. Hopefully it will prove to be a better weekend. After this I see no more hurdles to stand between me and my goals.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING!! Details later...

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Haha ladies at work Jeff ;) If I must...weight is down from 215 to 212.4 with a reduction in BF% from 19.6 to 18.1 again according to accumeasure. I'm pretty pumped!!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Haha ladies at work Jeff ;) If I must...weight is down from 215 to 212.4 with a reduction in BF% from 19.6 to 18.1 again according to accumeasure. I'm pretty pumped!!
Holy shet that was quick nice man! We should race to 10%....;)

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Holy shet that was quick nice man! We should race to 10%....;)
Always down for some friendly comp. my brotha, however I'd really like to recomp at this pace so I don't get any funky things going on with loose skin and such! Let's see if we can think of something though!!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is awesome. I am so jealous.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great progress brother! Great progress! Awesome! That's only about a week in too, right? Big things coming your way this cycle still a lot of time "on" left!

Sounds like the caloric restructure hasn't hurt you a bit!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Great progress brother! Great progress! Awesome! That's only about a week in too, right? Big things coming your way this cycle still a lot of time "on" left!

Sounds like the caloric restructure hasn't hurt you a bit!
Thanks man, everything is working better than expected. Even with my sketch nutrition this weekend(just not as clean as I would have liked) I made some nice progress. Looking forward to the rest of this run, it will be a great transformation. And yes lots of time "on" today is the start of week 2.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Awesome Brochacho! KTS man, KTS!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome Progress! Very impressive. I just started my EPI-V too and the diuretic effect is nice and subtle not as bad as I thought it might be. I am thinking I am really going to like it!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Awesome Progress! Very impressive. I just started my EPI-V too and the diuretic effect is nice and subtle not as bad as I thought it might be. I am thinking I am really going to like it!
Probably the most awesome supplement I've ever used man. Epi-V is amazing. You will be SHREDDED! I hope to get a couple bottles and bridge in...if I'm not shut down that is. With your work ethic and knowledge you will with out a doubt be ripped out of your mind!! Can't wait to follow that one bro, make sure I get a link if you're logging.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Amen brother use it as fuel and motivation!! Hell I'm still trying to knock off another 30lbs after losing 20 in the last 6 weeks. Well that and get huge calves like Green!!

Don't be "Jealous" be MOTIVATED!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 8

I'll get this up and edited in the morning...it's been a long day and I need to get some sleep.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's it!! I mean why do we think we need to shed water quickly at the end when we can do it slowly over time like this.... It really seems to work better over time.

Probably the most awesome supplement I've ever used man. Epi-V is amazing. You will be SHREDDED! I hope to get a couple bottles and bridge in...if I'm not shut down that is. With your work ethic and knowledge you will with out a doubt be ripped out of your mind!! Can't wait to follow that one bro, make sure I get a link if you're logging.
Epi-V is a incredible finishing touch. It looks like 550 is going to be an epic recomp product, fits right in with my plans.

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Day 8 (yesterday)

Traveled back from my brothers place early morning and hit the gym around 1200hr dosed
550-XD around 0645hr and again around 1700hr. Training is getting better and better everyday with gains in strength and intensity. Still using PCT Black before bed. Im definitely noticing a difference in the mirror in BF% reduction and Im also more vascular. I am noticing some ALPHA MALE AGGRESSION especially when fasted.

Training

Workout 1REPSWEIGHTREPSWEIGHTREPSWEIGHTREPSWEIGHT
Flat DB Bench865lb865lb850lb840lb
DB Row860lb860lb845lb835lb
Shoulder Press Mach.890lb890lb870lb850lb
DB Drag Curl835lb835lb825lb815lb
Leg Press Mach.8410lb8410lb8370lb8310lb
Lunges840lb840lb830lb820lb

2 working sets (60 second rest between working sets) followed by 2 drops set until form failure directly following second set (no rest between drop sets). Aiming for 6-8 reps. I hit all sets at eight reps before hitting failure which is batting 1000! My workouts are becoming more focused and intense, and Im feeling excellent!

Nutrition
Carbohydrate: 120.4g (20%)
Protein: 249.9g (42%)
Fat: 102.4g (38%)
Total: 2,328 calories

I lost track of time as I was busy around the house so I fell short 700cal for my build day. I should be ok considering the weekend I had.
All of my fats are coming from oils, nuts and some dairy they were a bit high for my taste.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 45
Anabolics 3
Supplements 1
PolishHamm3r77 Supplement Logs 163
Post Cycle Therapy 8