Favorite Preworkout of All Time

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This has been discussed a few times. The last time..someone stated that Hi-Tech can confirm that there is no difference between the DMAA of today, and that of yesterday.

Coming from Hi-Tech...this means absolutely nothing to me. Oops...did I say that out loud?
Yeah I'm not sure I believe that either. I took a lot of the original DMAA preworkouts then when they were taken off the shelves I stopped using DMAA and only started again recently with Meso and Dust Extreme. I only needed 2 scoops of Jacked, so whatever Hi Tech is doing now it isn't what USP was doing with Jacked.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I must admit, back when dmaa was big I had a fat burner by muscle junkie(South African brand I believe)
Now I was a supp noob didn't have a clue but I brought it and the stuff would put me on cloud 9.

Fast forward, I've got mesomorph and it just doesn't hit the same and has more dmaa in it.

Here's the label for the fat burner
IMG_1491172841.295721.jpg

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm going to say after having tried all of the current fan favorites out there, God of War Red (Amp-Citrate) is still my all time favorite. Yeah, some of those formulas were awesome, but if talking about what is available to buy right now, hands down im taking GoW Red. I realize its just one mans opinion, but it has never failed to deliver for me....ever.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm going to say after having tried all of the current fan favorites out there, God of War Red (Amp-Citrate) is still my all time favorite. Yeah, some of those formulas were awesome, but if talking about what is available to buy right now, hands down im taking GoW Red. I realize its just one mans opinion, but it has never failed to deliver for me....ever.
I have the amp esp and do enjoy it, I've wanted to try a CL pre unfortunately they aren't in the UK

I've just found god of war black in the UK, 200mg of amp? What's the difference between red and black?

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have the amp esp and do enjoy it, I've wanted to try a CL pre unfortunately they aren't in the UK

I've just found god of war black in the UK, 200mg of amp? What's the difference between red and black?
dude they are the exact same formula except black is 200mg amp and red is 250mg amp. Ive actually never tried black so I dont know 200mg might get the job doen just fine, but I do a single leveld off scoop of red and its perfect so maybe if you tried black and it works great than awesome, and if feels a little weak go 1 1/4 or a 1 1/2 scoops.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I totally agree with this. When I first used the OG Jack3d the energy and focus I got from it was insane. Even after years of not using any DMAA products using them now doesn't have anywhere near the same effect.
Out of curiosity, wee you new to pre-workouts and/or heavily-stimmed products/supplements at the time? That was the case with me, so not only were the old DMAA pre-workouts strong, but strong pre-workouts, anything more than an energy drink really, was new territory for me, so of course those products felt stronger than anything today. Even if I take time off DMAA or one stimulant for a while, if I keep using heavy/strong stimulants in high doses, it's going to be harder to get that same feeling in the future from anything; I don't think you can just indefinitely keep switching/cycling very strong stimulants and expect to always get that same strong feeling you did at first. That's just my $0.02, and the other $0.02 is that it's more likely that what is being used now IS DMAA, and what was used back then was different/spiked; there's more scrutiny and focus on these supplements now, so it would be more difficult to spike a DMAA product now than then, and why would a company bother to fight the FDA just to use something weaker than DMAA? Why put a "target" on your head to use something weaker?

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Darkhorse192

Sweet, I may pick some up, plus 42 servings too. Pineapple slaughterberry sounds pretty good.

I do like the new packaging they brought out a lot more professional and eye catching but the old packing was pretty cool.

Surprised they don't get more love on the forums and they have a 1,3 fat burner that I've never seen anyone mention either

kelvarnsen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Out of curiosity, wee you new to pre-workouts and/or heavily-stimmed products/supplements at the time? That was the case with me, so not only were the old DMAA pre-workouts strong, but strong pre-workouts, anything more than an energy drink really, was new territory for me, so of course those products felt stronger than anything today. Even if I take time off DMAA or one stimulant for a while, if I keep using heavy/strong stimulants in high doses, it's going to be harder to get that same feeling in the future from anything; I don't think you can just indefinitely keep switching/cycling very strong stimulants and expect to always get that same strong feeling you did at first. That's just my $0.02, and the other $0.02 is that it's more likely that what is being used now IS DMAA, and what was used back then was different/spiked; there's more scrutiny and focus on these supplements now, so it would be more difficult to spike a DMAA product now than then, and why would a company bother to fight the FDA just to use something weaker than DMAA? Why put a "target" on your head to use something weaker?
I had used preworkouts for a while like No xplode and Superpump, but I guess nothing "heavily stimmed". The beauty of Jacked for me was that I started at 1 scoop and eventually moved up to 2 but never had to use 3 to get what I needed. After they took it off the shelves I never went back to using regular stim stuff.

Now using 1 scoop of Meso which has 65 DMAA or Dust Extreme which had 75 doesn't feel remotely close to those 2 scoops of Jacked. I wish someone had done some testing on those early batches of Jacked.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Darkhorse192

Sweet, I may pick some up, plus 42 servings too. Pineapple slaughterberry sounds pretty good.

I do like the new packaging they brought out a lot more professional and eye catching but the old packing was pretty cool.

Surprised they don't get more love on the forums and they have a 1,3 fat burner that I've never seen anyone mention either
hell yeah man, Amp-C i know is polarizing because some dudes love it, and others have said they are off of it, and not as good as DMAA, so youll have to be the judge there, but Id be surprised if you were dissapointed.

As far as centurion, they are just still small and up and coming. Ive met there CEO recently they are a great bunch of people, and I would put them in the PES / SNS / Evomuse / CL category of companies who work hard, are honest, and are trying to go right by the consumer (as much as the industry allows) but also have earned at least my trust, and are growing. They fairly recently signed Guy Cisternino as their premier athlete, and face of the company. Whats cool though, he is more like a member of their team as much as the young guy that packs boxes at the warehouse for shipping hes really into it, not like some companies where the sponsorship is really just a meal ticket. Also, knows anything about Guy himself, he is one of the coolest, hardest working guys in the IFBB, and a guy that you can feel good about being a fan of. Just my opinion about stuff.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hell yeah man, Amp-C i know is polarizing because some dudes love it, and others have said they are off of it, and not as good as DMAA, so youll have to be the judge there, but Id be surprised if you were dissapointed.

As far as centurion, they are just still small and up and coming. Ive met there CEO recently they are a great bunch of people, and I would put them in the PES / SNS / Evomuse / CL category of companies who work hard, are honest, and are trying to go right by the consumer (as much as the industry allows) but also have earned at least my trust, and are growing. They fairly recently signed Guy Cisternino as their premier athlete, and face of the company. Whats cool though, he is more like a member of their team as much as the young guy that packs boxes at the warehouse for shipping hes really into it, not like some companies where the sponsorship is really just a meal ticket. Also, knows anything about Guy himself, he is one of the coolest, hardest working guys in the IFBB, and a guy that you can feel good about being a fan of. Just my opinion about stuff.
Without taking this thread way off topic, but I completely agree, only take time before they start popping up more in people's stacks.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
I remember the first real pre-workouts I used in high school were the DMAA versions of PreSurge Unleashed and Napalm. I remember mixing them in a water bottle in the class before lifting, and then having laser-like focus by the time I got ready to lift, and pretty good vascularity as well. I know that there are supplements today that also have DMAA, and a better overall profile, but I think part of why those stood out so much for me in terms of energy and focus was that I was so new to pre-workouts and stimulants, a virgin really, that it was essentially a whole new world.
hah I can totally agree with you on that, first time I used one it was after 10yrss of hitting it HARD with nothing but milk. first time or two I did a PWO I literally felt like it was steroids t me, freaking loved it! now its been over a year or two and it has been nearly impossible to find another product that has the same effect on me

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
Has anyone tried the Shamrock Mint God of Rage? Just curious how does it tastes like. Thinking of getting of tub just for variety.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone tried the Shamrock Mint God of Rage? Just curious how does it tastes like. Thinking of getting of tub just for variety.
i bought a tub of it. It's not terrible, but not delicious either. There's very little to no vanilla taste and the mint is more of a spearmint.

Zariph

Awards
The preworkout that I have bought the most of must be RIch Piana Kill it...not sure if its the best but decent profile.

ECWHY

Awards
When I'm off my EC stack, what PWO would you guys recommend? Thinking that pairing a PWO and PWO Ephedrine probably wouldn't be too great since I take 200mg of caffeine w/ it.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The preworkout that I have bought the most of must be RIch Piana Kill it...not sure if its the best but decent profile.
That did not do much for me...kind of fell into my pool of supplement let downs. I don't even know where I put it!

Everyone is different though..

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i bought a tub of it. It's not terrible, but not delicious either. There's very little to no vanilla taste and the mint is more of a spearmint.
I would agree with this, I actually really liked it and found it to be refreshing, but knowing what most dudes on here like, id say unless you had a real big thing for mint stuff its a take it or leave it kind of thng

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
Just wondering does it contain heavy dyes? I am ok with artificial colour things but a little freaked out with some crazy dyes pre like Black Annis.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just wondering does it contain heavy dyes? I am ok with artificial colour things but a little freaked out with some crazy dyes pre like Black Annis.
I dont beleive it has any dyes actually powder is white mixes very light its not like neon green or anything crazy

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
I dont beleive it has any dyes actually powder is white mixes very light its not like neon green or anything crazy
Thanks ! I think i am going to get one. I had a little upset stomach after i drank Black Annis with that crazy green colour.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I'm off my EC stack, what PWO would you guys recommend? Thinking that pairing a PWO and PWO Ephedrine probably wouldn't be too great since I take 200mg of caffeine w/ it.
My daily pre right now is 2 scoops Prolific + 25mg ephedrine (and an AlphaBurn). I use a 1,3 DMAA pre 1x a week usually.

Mind+Muscle

Mind+Muscle

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yep exactly but I'm hoping for meth
I'm waiting for some company to start up called "Walter White Labs" or create a pre workout called "Breaking Bad". Aside from copyright issues, that would be amusing as hell. There's so much "meth" thrown around when talking about old products. In some cases, it may have very well been close to true but over time every ingredient that got banned somehow got thrown into the "it was meth" category lol.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm waiting for some company to start up called "Walter White Labs" or create a pre workout called "Breaking Bad". Aside from copyright issues, that would be amusing as hell. There's so much "meth" thrown around when talking about old products. In some cases, it may have very well been close to true but over time every ingredient that got banned somehow got thrown into the "it was meth" category lol.
Damn..I like it

hiyouknowmE69

Awards
B-Nox what can I mixed it up with other supplements

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Just tried Ferox Amped for the 1st time in a while and it hit me harder than DMAA, it provided more strength than mesomorph which i have been using for Friday leg workouts, is there anywhere the AMP based products can be picked up, i only have around 2 more servings left and feel it works really well.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just tried Ferox Amped for the 1st time in a while and it hit me harder than DMAA, it provided more strength than mesomorph which i have been using for Friday leg workouts, is there anywhere the AMP based products can be picked up, i only have around 2 more servings left and feel it works really well.
I love AMP-C as well bro, not sure about still finding the old Amped, but if you cannot find it God of War Red is a great AMP-C pre that is still on the market just FYSA

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Metabolic ESP if you can find the older version

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The other 2 guys have very solid suggestions. Never enjoyed AMP C for some reason but I did just stumble onto Olympus Labs Conquer AMPed version, looks like a solid profile. I think you are in Europe somewhere correct? Should be able to find it as it was only for international markets.