EvoMuse Fat Loss Sponsored Log - Kaprice

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Good you controlled the amount of "poisonous food" though, it shows some willpower, LOL.
Funny thing, though, is that it didn't take any willpower. I LIKE cauliflower with Hummus. And one brownie felt like a massive binge. The thought of a second brownie was repulsive.

Where I was angry at myself is that I shouldn't have been eating AT ALL at that time of night. I shouldn't have been up at 3am watching a movie. If I'd gone to be, even by midnight, none of that would have been an issue.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It probably WOULD have 10 or 20 years ago. I find that mockery has very little effect on me, at my age.

Here's the thing... I pointed out one or two weaknesses and you suggested changing my whole strategy. That's crazy old man talk!

I just need to work on those weaknesses.

If and when I stall doing what I'm doing, that's when I'll start looking for a new approach. But, if I can eat a brownie now and then -- or 3 corn dogs -- and still lose fat, I'm quite content to do that, for now. I can get away with it because when you have 40%+ BF, almost ANYTHING will work to lose fat.

As I get closer to 20% BF, I expect I'll have to be more strict to continue getting results. BUT, if I start super strict now, where am I going to go when I hit the wall and need to get stricter?

Your strategy is sound, eat less calorie and move your azz more! Totally correct!
Just keep in mind our posts about weaning off of certain foods- could change you habits for the better later on, -instead of restricting them now.
It could help tremendously to keep in form later, making this decision early.

You are doing great so far, stick to your plan, as long you are in a deficit, it works!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where I was angry at myself is that I shouldn't have been eating AT ALL at that time of night. I shouldn't have been up at 3am watching a movie. If I'd gone to be, even by midnight, none of that would have been an issue.
That's what I'm talking about. Feeling guilt and frustration when cheating is crucial! I'm glad you feel this way, it means you will succeed!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DAY 17 - Wednesday (Cont)

Nothing but 10 roasted almonds until 3:30p
though I did have some thermogum.

Applied AA and SN
went to gym

lower body
I don't have a new structured WO, yet, so I just tried this.

my normal sets of Leg Press, Leg Ext, Leg Curl except I laddered down weights after my 4th set of heavy 6 reps. Depending on how I was feeling, I did several progressively lower sets at 12 to 15 reps or just an extra 3 -- my hamstrings wouldn't take more than the 3 extra.

I also added in calf flexes on a machine.

THEN, I did some exercises designed to reduce running pain and injury:

100 paces on the balls of my feet.
100 paces on my heals (balls of feet as high off the floor as possible)
I don't know what you call it when you step forward and sort of squat down to where your quad is parallel to the floor
but I did 3x7 of those.
3 x 10 unweighted Hindu squats
20 mins incline treadmill.
I got to incline of 7 at 2 mins, this time, rather than slowly building to it.
and I stayed there until 18 mins, then lowered the incline every 30 seconds. Stopped at 20 mins.

tough workout, but I felt surprisingly good after 10 mins on the hydrabed massage

Weight when I got home: 243.8
that's tied or maybe even lower than my previous record low.
I'm REALLY wanting to hit 240 asap. I think Saturday is probably too optimistic, though.
IF I could hit it by Saturday, that would be 5 pounds a week for 2 weeks in a row.
I may do an extra walk each day just to help that along.
AND, I'm going to lay off ANY carb snacking between now and Saturday.

EDIT: I just checked and YES, that's a half pound lower than my previous record low!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Subadubber
Not sure why you'd want to sub to my log. Your STARTING pics are better than I expect my AFTER pics to EVER be.

But, it's good to have you along.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know what you call it when you step forward and sort of squat down to where your quad is parallel to the floor
but I did 3x7 of those.
Lounges.

Good workout! Liked the lounges and Treadmill !

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure why you'd want to sub to my log. Your STARTING pics are better than I expect my AFTER pics to EVER be.

But, it's good to have you along.
We all start in various different places. This place is great for support and encouragement. It's not a competition with anyone other than ourselves. I'm confident you will get to where you want to be!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who knew a single brownie could lead to such a great dieting strategy discussion.

And, typically, I lose about 3-4 pounds per week on the PSMF. It's been about 15 weeks and I've only lost about 35....but I am getting leaner and like you said, you cant compare the first 20 to the last.

It is funny because when I was in college and followed more typical diets, I would hit 180 and totally just stay there. I am at my low and the progress has become very slow. But over the past 2 weeks I only lost 1.5 pounds but those photos show more change than that. I wonder what is up with that.

Plus, I was using T3 for a bit and I've seen people saying they don't even have to have a strict diet and T3 takes weight off. Well, I tried an RC source and a pharma source and they both did nothing for me...so I may have some other issues that make it slow going. I may just a be a tough case for losing weight and I may NEED to be stricter to get anything out of it. I always just assumed I failed at 500 calorie deficit because I lost will power and the results were too slow, and I would cheat and wipe out that 500 cal deficit in a heart beat. It may just be that that deficit wasn't effective for me. I don't know. I don't think everyone should do a PSMF, that is for sure. Your strategy is sound and more in line with what most people would consider.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We all start in various different places. This place is great for support and encouragement. It's not a competition with anyone other than ourselves. I'm confident you will get to where you want to be!
Great to have you here!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DAY 17 - Wednesday (Cont 2)

I did finally have a couple of mid-level BMs, today, after nothing at all, yesterday.

Dinner was a home made dish of 1.5 chicken chicken breasts with spaghetti noodles and sauce. I had about 2 cups of it.

Later I had a protein shake and some roasted almonds.

Ending Macros:

Cal: 1512
F: 54
C: 110
P: 134

Bed at 12:11a
Brite/DCP
I'm super tired.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 - Thursday

Well, I said I was going to bed at 12:11a. I made the mistake of opening my browser and spent another half hour surfing.
So, bed at 12:45a
Up at 10:30a - I was really tired and out of it. I didn't realize I had slept so late until I popped up and glanced at the clock. You know how sometimes you wake up but you're not ready to GET up, so you just lie there in and out of awareness for a while longer? That's not what this morning was like. I was completely under until I woke at 10:30.

Reasonable BM
I don't have a legit exfoliator, so I just use a washcloth to scrub my skin as best I can.
Applied AA
waited 5 mins
Applied SN
Waited 5 mins
Dressed

WEIGHT: 245.2
I'm pretty sure that's a new pre-workout low

EDIT: Confirmed. My previous record low for morning, post BM, pre-workout was 247. So, this is VERY encouraging.

Brite/DCP

12:40p Thermogum

15 roasted almonds mid afternoon.

It's 2:50p and I'm about to go on my jog/walk.

I had a great jog/walk.
The path down is 0.76 miles almost all down hill. I completed it in 6:32 mins. Two days ago, I did it in 6:43.

rested. stretched. Then headed back up.

It's a 0.84 mile path. It's a block longer than the way down because on the way down, I use the first block as a warm up and thus not part of the tracked jog. Again the elevation change is 233 feet, according to MapMyRun.

I did the same alternation between jogging and walking back UP the path. 100 paces each.
I completed the return trip in 13:40 mins. That's an improvement from to days ago of 14:08.

Total calories burned per MapMyRun: 396.
MMR appears to NOT take into account elevation, just distance and time.
I feel like it should be more calories because of the up hill challenge, but maybe it evens out because the down hill portion burns fewer calories.

Post WO weight: 243.8.

6:20p
My only calorie intake up until now are the EvoMuse supplements, 2 caps Ultimate Omega
and 20 roasted almonds.
so 121 calories.

I'm trying to decide if I should just have green drink and protein shakes for dinner to increase my chances of hitting 240 by Saturday.

7:40p
I compromised.
I took Defuse
had 4 oz deli roast beef
1/2 cup cottage cheese
a bit of cauliflower with 3 Tbs of Hummus

then about 20 mins later, I had just one corn dog.
By getting relatively full, first, the single corn dog was immensely satisfying. It felt the same as if I'd eaten 4 of them.

I'm feeling full and satiated.

So far, today:

Cal: 671
F: 35
C: 29
P: 60

I'll probably have a protein shake in an hour to two, which will bump up my cals to a bit over 1000 and improve my protein. And it should make me not snacky at all. Normally, my weakest times are after 9p -- esp when I stay up past 11p.

I THINK I'm going to go ultra low calories (1k or less) tomorrow and Friday to see how close I can get to 240 after Saturday's workout. I know that's fudging the system a bit and there would probably be a bit of a rebound next week, but really want to see if I can do 5 pounds two weeks in a row.

If I hit it or get close maybe within 1.5 pounds, I'll probably have a higher calorie refeed Saturday night.

Final macros for today:

Cal: 1071
C: 49
P: 98

11:30p DCP/Brite

Bed: 12:40a

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep going, looking good!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I said I was going to bed at 12:11a. I made the mistake of opening my browser and spent another half hour surfing.
So, bed at 12:45a
Up at 10:30a - I was really tired and out of it. I didn't realize I had slept so late until I popped up and glanced at the clock. You know how sometimes you wake up but you're not ready to GET up, so you just lie there in and out of awareness for a while longer? That's not what this morning was like. I was completely under until I woke at 10:30.

Reasonable BM
I don't have a legit exfoliator, so I just use a washcloth to scrub my skin as best I can.
Applied AA
waited 5 mins
Applied SN
Waited 5 mins
Dressed

WEIGHT: 245.2
I'm pretty sure that's a new pre-workout low

EDIT: Confirmed. My previous record low for morning, post BM, pre-workout was 247. So, this is VERY encouraging.

Brite/DCP

12:40p Thermogum

15 roasted almonds mid afternoon.

It's 2:50p and I'm about to go on my jog/walk.

I had a great jog/walk.
The path down is 0.76 miles almost all down hill. I completed it in 6:32 mins. Two days ago, I did it in 6:43.

rested. stretched. Then headed back up.

It's a 0.84 mile path. It's a block longer than the way down because on the way down, I use the first block as a warm up and thus not part of the tracked jog. Again the elevation change is 233 feet, according to MapMyRun.

I did the same alternation between jogging and walking back UP the path. 100 paces each.
I completed the return trip in 13:40 mins. That's an improvement from to days ago of 14:08.

Total calories burned per MapMyRun: 396.
MMR appears to NOT take into account elevation, just distance and time.
I feel like it should be more calories because of the up hill challenge, but maybe it evens out because the down hill portion burns fewer calories.

Post WO weight: 243.8.

6:20p
My only calorie intake up until now are the EvoMuse supplements, 2 caps Ultimate Omega
and 20 roasted almonds.
so 121 calories.

I'm trying to decide if I should just have green drink and protein shakes for dinner to increase my chances of hitting 240 by Saturday.

7:40p
I compromised.
I took Defuse
had 4 oz deli roast beef
1/2 cup cottage cheese
a bit of cauliflower with 3 Tbs of Hummus

then about 20 mins later, I had just one corn dog.
By getting relatively full, first, the single corn dog was immensely satisfying. It felt the same as if I'd eaten 4 of them.

I'm feeling full and satiated.

So far, today:

Cal: 671
F: 35
C: 29
P: 60

I'll probably have a protein shake in an hour to two, which will bump up my cals to a bit over 1000 and improve my protein. And it should make me not snacky at all. Normally, my weakest times are after 9p -- esp when I stay up past 11p.

I THINK I'm going to go ultra low calories (1k or less) tomorrow and Friday to see how close I can get to 240 after Saturday's workout. I know that's fudging the system a bit and there would probably be a bit of a rebound next week, but really want to see if I can do 5 pounds two weeks in a row.

If I hit it or get close maybe within 1.5 pounds, I'll probably have a higher calorie refeed Saturday night.

Final macros for today:

Cal: 1071
C: 49
P: 98

11:30p DCP/Brite

Bed: 12:40a
lol - welcome to the dark side...... :)

Unfortunately, we don't have brownies in the sub-1000 calorie category.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol - welcome to the dark side...... :)

Unfortunately, we don't have brownies in the sub-1000 calorie category.
Sub out half of the brownie mix with chocolate protein powder...

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DAY 19 - Friday

Up at 9:00a
Somehow it took 35 mins to get a small BM, weigh, exfoliate, apply SuperNova.
I inadvertently grabbed the SN bottle and started applying to my gut before I realized I do Abliderated Advanced, first.

So, I skipped AA this morning.

Interestingly, I think I felt the (very mild) Icy Hot sensation others have mentioned. This was the first time. And maybe it's because I've been applying AA first. Although, I periodically apply SN at night, by itself and haven't noticed it then. Finally the other variable is the exfoliating. I don't do that at night.

Morning weight: 244.6.
That's a new morning, pre WO low, by 0.6 pounds.
Previous record was yesterday, which was a half pound lower than the previous record (from the previous week)

DCP/Brite.

A persistent problem I keep having with the Brite bottles is they start leaking as I shake them. This is the 2nd bottle I've where I've experienced it. It seems to happen once the bottle gets down to about 1/3 remaining.

I can't tell if the leaking is coming through the threads of the cap or gap at the top of the cap for the rotating squirt nozzel. I suspect the latter.

12:20p Thermogum

Because I forgot to enter an appt in my calendar, I needed to rush to the gym at 1:50p without applying SN. I think I'm going to experiment going forward with applying AA in the morning and waiting until just before the gym for my first application of SN. Then a 2nd SN at bedtime.

Upper body. Winged it.
Gym was fairly open at this time, so hopefully I found a good time to go regularly.
I THINK I hit a new PR on DB bench (65 each arm x 6). I normally move on to the next exercise, but this time I laddered down.

Got up to 35ea x 6 DB curls (I don't I think that's my previous high, not a new PR) and laddered down.

My horizontal DB skull crushers seemed weak, today (probably from the extra effort on the previous two exercises).
But, I did more sets and worked them hard.

Also felt good about my one arm horizontal DB rows, but I had to stop at 2 sets because of an upcoming appt. I did the 2nd set higher weight.

At that point, I was pretty wiped.
I went right to the incline treadmill walk.
Getting stronger here, too.
1 min warmup
jumped right to L7 incline
speed 3.2
100 paces, test heart rate, 20 pace rest (by using my arms to take some of the body weight).
repeat
for 15 mins.
Good sweat.
I left the windows up and turned the A/C off to get a bit more sweat on the way home.

Weight: 242.6
That's a new Post Workout Low.
Previous low was 243.8.

Showered. Rested.
Protein shake
1.5c whole milk,
1.5 sc Gold Standard Whey
.3 frozen peach
3 frozen strawberries.
HEAVEN!

So, as of 3:20p, that puts me at:

Cal: 423
F: 13
C: 24
P: 48

I probably burned that or a bit more at the gym.

I'm feeling pretty wiped out, though.

6:15p Defuse/DCP
6:30p Dinner
Home made chicken pot pie (I had to estimate the macros based on online submissions of homemade recipes)
2 cups Hawaiian Punch from mix.

Macros as of 7:10p
Cal: 893
F: 28
C: 93
P: 70

I'll have a protein shake in an hour or two.

feeling reasonably good right now. Not quite energetic but not really tired, either.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Up at 9:00a
Somehow it took 35 mins to get a small BM, weigh, exfoliate, apply SuperNova.
I inadvertently grabbed the SN bottle and started applying to my gut before I realized I do Abliderated Advanced, first.

So, I skipped AA this morning.

Interestingly, I think I felt the (very mild) Icy Hot sensation others have mentioned. This was the first time. And maybe it's because I've been applying AA first. Although, I periodically apply SN at night, by itself and haven't noticed it then. Finally the other variable is the exfoliating. I don't do that at night.

Morning weight: 244.6.
That's a new morning, pre WO low, by 0.6 pounds.
Previous record was yesterday, which was a half pound lower than the previous record (from the previous week)

DCP/Brite.

A persistent problem I keep having with the Brite bottles is they start leaking as I shake them. This is the 2nd bottle I've where I've experienced it. It seems to happen once the bottle gets down to about 1/3 remaining.

I can't tell if the leaking is coming through the threads of the cap or gap at the top of the cap for the rotating squirt nozzel. I suspect the latter.
I thought of you this morning as I rubbed my fat belly....lol.

I applied SN yesterday afternoon, and then again last night (just because I could). Last night, the icy/hot feeling was definitely there and I was thinking, "How can he NOT feel this?"

This morning, I applied it and within minutes I could feel it. It was more intense than yesterday. I felt like I was going to break out in cold sweats. For real it was like what DSade says he is trying to accomplish - the body thinks it is both hot and cold all at once. Between DCP, Brite, Alphaburn and SN, I was almost feeling like I had the flu for a little while. The icy/hot feeling is actually kind of nice, but those 4 together was quite potent.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm not feeling anything like that. The Icy Hot feeling was mild enough that it could have been my imagination. I'm a bit jealous -- but only because I fear that not having that sensation is an indication that the product isn't working on me.

OTOH, who knows? If it IS still doing it's thing, I'd say I prefer not feeling the Icy Hot sensation.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
[Deleted - Duplicate posting]

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I'm not feeling anything like that. The Icy Hot feeling was mild enough that it could have been my imagination. I'm a bit jealous -- but only because I fear that not having that sensation is an indication that the product isn't working on me.

OTOH, who knows? If it IS still doing it's thing, I'd say I prefer not feeling the Icy Hot sensation.
I wouldn't worry. I don't feel any tingling or icy/hot sensation. After vigorous exfoliation was the only time I felt anything and it was more like tingling/burning irritation.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I agree with Jebrook. I don't think it indicates whether or not it is working. You won't feel fat cells becoming more insulin sensitive anymore than you feel them becoming insulin resistant. I think I may just have some extra menthol in my bottle, or maybe I need to shake the bottle more and I'm getting a big dose of it? Who knows.

Hah! Well, this would be a 3 day thing, not months. :)
lol - I know. Just giving you a hard time. But two days ago you said you could never go that low...now, here we are.

Today you are saying it's a 3 day thing. We will see.

I am just playing, I agree with your strategy. It's working for you and an extra push to hit 10 pounds in 2 weeks is just fricking phenomenal.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Record lows get their own post:

Previous low was 243.8.

Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll hit 240 tomorrow. But, 2 to 3 pounds in the week following a 5 pound loss is nothing to be disappointed in.

I'm pretty curious to see where my body measurements come in, tomorrow.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Record lows get their own post:

Previous low was 243.8.

Sadly, it doesn't look like I'll hit 240 tomorrow. But, 2 to 3 pounds in the week following a 5 pound loss is nothing to be disappointed in.

I'm pretty curious to see where my body measurements come in, tomorrow.
Regardless of what you did last week, 2-3 pounds is a great week! Keep it up!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of what you did last week, 2-3 pounds is a great week! Keep it up!
Thanks. Actually I was sort of patting myself on the back with that comment -- it's unusual to follow a 5 pound loss with another 2 or 3. Whereas, 2 or 3 pounds after a stagnant week would be less impressive.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I understand, but my point is you are still selling it short. Even after a stagnant week, 3 pounds is awesome. That's a 1500 a day deficit. Not shabby.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, my friend. I AM feeling pretty good about all this. I'm a bit worried about the next stall, but for now, I'm loving the rapid progress.

I just put on a pair of old pant that I grew out of and a new shirt that I never fit and they both fit comfortably (if a BIT snug). It's a great feeling.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks, my friend. I AM feeling pretty good about all this. I'm a bit worried about the next stall, but for now, I'm loving the rapid progress.

I just put on a pair of old pant that I grew out of and a new shirt that I never fit and they both fit comfortably (if a BIT snug). It's a great feeling.
You should feel good! Don't worry about stalls. Honestly, I think people think weight loss is always linear. You start off and it IS linear. But then as time goes on, it becomes less predictable. You will go a week and no movement at all and then suddenly you are 2 or 3 pounds lighter all at once. Most people get to that point and think they have to change, and really they just have to keep plugging and have faith. Refeeds are helpful too.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Thought for the day...

People who drink lots of water because they think it will help them lose weight are just diluting themselves!

(Note: it works better when you HEAR it! :) )

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DAY 20 - Saturday

Bed last night at 2:30a
Up at 9:45a

No BM
Weight: 244.
That's a new morning low.

BUT, it could have been much better than that.

I had another midnight snack last night. (UGH!)

1.5 oz deli roast beef
1/2 cup cottage cheese
(not so bad, BUT, I ended up eating a whole SLEEVE of Ritz crackers with it!!! :( )
2 6" Twizzers

So, yesterday's macros ended up:

Cal: 1523
F: 60
C: 180
P: 77

Plus most of those carbs were around 1am. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

At least my total calories were still 400 cals below the recommended for Extreme Fat loss.

But, I'm still annoyed at myself for sabotaging a really good weight in, this morning.
Stress eating.

I guess the consolation -- and it actually IS pretty good, considering -- is that I had what felt like a terrible cheat and still came in at a lower than recommended calorie deficit.

That said, the calories need to be cleaner calories. And not at midnight.

Showered. Scrubbed mid section to get a bit of exfoliation -- I only have a wash cloth for that, for now.

Applied AA.
Brite/DCP/Epitome

I"m out of Defuse now, but shipping is on its way. Might even be here, today.

I'll run in an hour or so.
I'm guessing I'll hit a new post WO low weight by about a half pound.

I think I've been missing a lot of my Epitome doses. I haven't come up with a good pattern to help me take it when I should. Keeping it 3 hours away from my workouts has messed me up a bit. The math shouldn't be that hard, but here I am!

Also, I realized I missed AMMO last night.

1:00p Thermogum

2:50p SN / DCP
off to my run (I'm going to call it a run because it FEELS like a run to me. But for anyone in decent shape at all, it would be considered a casual jog.)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
I am feeling quite lethargic and non-motivated today. Don't feel like running, working, or anything at all.

I don't like the feeling.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Get off your ass and move, you'll feel better. I go through the same thing from time to time, the more I sit around, the worse it gets.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from my run.
Exhausted.
Bit of a shin splint in my right leg.
a bit of soreness in my right ankle.

Gonna shower and rest.
then post WO weight and body measurements

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's the way to push through the trenches
Awesome Job!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just got back from my run.
Exhausted.
Bit of a shin splint in my right leg.
a bit of soreness in my right ankle.

Gonna shower and rest.
then post WO weight and body measurements
Yes!!!!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Measurements coming up

But, Post WO weight: 241.2
That's with no BMs, today (I tried, believe me!)
I don't think I had a BM, yesterday, either.

Previous low weight was 242.6.

NEW RECORD LOW: 241.2
Total weight loss for the week: 3.8 pounds!

(after a 5 pound loss last week!)

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Here are my measurements.

Some definitions:
Pecks is a measure right at the nipple.
Mid Chest is measured just under the fatty breast.
Belly button in is me sucking my gut in as best I can
Belly button out is relaxing my gut (but actually pushing it out)
Belt in is me getting the tape as tight as I can (within reason)

Items of note:
10 pound loss since 8/9
My sucked in/relaxed chest had a 1.5 inch REDUCTION in 7 days!
yet my flexed chest only dropped .25 inch!

Sucked in belly button had a full inch drop this week!
Lost a bit in the belt area.
1/2 inch in the butt

I'm ECSTATIC about this progress.

2016-08-27_17-47-46.png

Highlights since 8/9 (3 weeks):

Lost
Neck: .688"
Pecks in: 2.5"
Pecks out: 1"
Mid chest in: 2.25"
Mid chest out: 1"
Belly button in: 1.5"
Belly button relaxed: 1.5"
Belt in: .5"
Belt out: .75"

VERY NICE!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
7:10p
I really worked to get the scale as low as possible for today's weigh in.

That meant very little by way of liquids and no food at all until after my run and weigh in.

So, dinner was around 6:45p
I had DCP/Epitome just prior.
My replacement bottle of Defuse inadvertently went to my old address. It arrived there yesterday (DOH!) and is now being forwarded here. So, I'm totallly out of Defuse until it arrives.

Dinner was homemade 8" philly cheese steak sandwiches.
Best estimate is that it was about 600 calories -- mostly from the bun.
Had 3 glasses of Melaleuca Splash (a healthier powdered lemonaid/cool aid). zero calories.

I'll have a protein shake in an hour or so.

There's a rumor of baked cookies coming soon and if that's true, I'll have one of those.

I don't think I'll bother trying much more than that to get my calories up for the day.

I feel full from dinner. But, weak. Probably the combination of too few calories and an overly aggressive, fasted run, today.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
Today's run stats:

Down: .75 miles in 6:18 (a 20 second improvement)
Up: .8 miles in 13.29 -- it would have been faster, but I had my son with me and he couldn't keep up ( :) ) so I backtracked my walk periods to be with him. But even this was a 10 second improvement! :)

Calories burned according to MMR is about 400.

So, at this moment (7:25p), I've consumed only 200 calories more than I actively burned -- let alone the passive calorie burning.

I don't imagine that's very healthy. I certainly won't make that a daily occurrence.

Protein shake (and a possible cookie) will boost that some.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great work Kaprice...very nice results.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In this thang. Thought I was subscribed already

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here are my pics. I'm going to measure every week and do progress pics every 2 weeks.

Most of my measurements were an improvement of 1/4 to 1/2 inch, which is not easy to see given that's over the entire circumference.

That said, I do think I see some improvement in some of these -- esp the sucked in side views. What do you think?

View attachment 139352

View attachment 139353

View attachment 139354

View attachment 139355

View attachment 139356

View attachment 139357

View attachment 139358

View attachment 139359

View attachment 139360

View attachment 139351

The bent over one looks WORSE to me.

I forgot to take the single arm bicep flex. So, next time.
Very noticeable fat loss. Good sh!t

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
DAY 21 - Sunday

Recovery day
Wake: 7:45a
No BM. I think this is 3 days without one. NOT GOOD!

Weight: 244.4

I've decided to make Sundays my recovery day. No workout. No supplements.

But, still keep eating in control.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Add in some psyllium husks to your diet. I don't even measure them, I just dump a heap into a shake or make a sludge sometimes. It isn't delicious, but it keeps things moving in your gut. Honestly, I think some of my stagnation has come from when I stop taking the psyllium husks, I just don't eliminate things, and my weight doesn't drop as much.

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
You're right. I used to take psyllium husks daily (last time I dieted). I need to buy some more and start on it.

Good news, though! After dinner, I finally had a significant BM!

PARTY TIME!! :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Psyllium husks, great idea!

Kaprice

Kaprice

Awards
  • Established
7:00p Dinner

Potstickers
Chicken Egg Rolls
White Rice
Hawaiian punch
2 small no-bake cookies

Earlier in the day I had 2 oz deli roast beef and a slice of colby cheese.
Protein shake w/ whole milk and some strawberries.

Macros so far:
Cal: 1894
F: 56
C: 193
P: 95

Not included in the above are the sauces from dinner or the no-bake cookies.

So, I'm probably between 2000 and 2200, which is where the "calculator" says I should be for "extreme fat loss"

But, compared to every day last week, this would be considered a massive refeed day! I may try to bump it up a bit higher -- but hopefully with relatively "clean" calories.

At minimum, I'll do another protein shake.

Weight goal for Saturday: 238

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer