Ecdysterone - Any fans here?

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i did say that, i usually say i dont eat carbs....its just the way i speak but sorry for the confusion. im on a very low year round low carb diet to be specific. i may experiment with cycling some day but im not ready for that yet.

cutting out carbs 99.5% does have its benefits of more fat loss due to ketosis...but i dont feel like doing that, even i have my weaknesses.
Were you overwieight at one time? Is that why you try to cut carbs? Because I can eat 1000 carbs a day and never gain a single pound.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Were you overwieight at one time? Is that why you try to cut carbs? Because I can eat 1000 carbs a day and never gain a single pound.
im prone to obesity....ive rollercoastered all my life....now im experienced and mature enough to hopefully keep it off.

check out my before and after pics. post 1 has pics from a couple of month ago, and the second post was me in 2/2008. at the end of the thread i have my most recent pics.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/157658-w-pics-alpha.html

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im prone to obesity....ive rollercoastered all my life....now im experienced and mature enough to hopefully keep it off.

check out my before and after pics. post 1 has pics from a couple of month ago, and the second post was me in 2/2008. at the end of the thread i have my most recent pics.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/157658-w-pics-alpha.html
:jaw: Wow! what a difference! You went from Jack Black to Brad Pitt in only 2 years. Sh^t

lol. I bet you're frantic when you gain a pound or two..Is it fat? Is it muscle? Where did it go George? Where'd the weight go? lol Whereas I'm lucky to gain an ounce, and if I do IT'S PARTY TIME :dance:

Nice changes though, that's real dedication. :yup:

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:jaw: Wow! what a difference! You went from Jack Black to Brad Pitt in only 2 years. Sh^t

lol. I bet you're frantic when you gain a pound or two..Is it fat? Is it muscle? Where did it go George? Where'd the weight go? lol Whereas I'm lucky to gain an ounce, and if I do IT'S PARTY TIME :dance:

Nice changes though, that's real dedication. :yup:
thanks for the compliments....

yes...when i gain a couple of pounds i question myself.....its not the direction i like, lol

weight is important, i use it as a tool, but the mirror is the best indicator. muscle gain is always welcome, although not my priority at this point since i do have a decent base for my goals.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Each of these has traces of carbs.

The shakes have carbs if there is sugar in them and if you use milk-that's carbs. Almonds have traces of carbs, even natural ones; One serving has approximately 3 carbs. Half and half has carbs as it's essentially cream and sugar which become carbs.

I'd say you get about ten to fifteen carbs a day if you use water for protein shakes.

^see everybody needs carbs :banana:
this not matter all of them has carbs but you need REST the fiber then you obtain the NET CARBS with 10-12g carbs a day you maintain on KETO

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see this thread. I had actually been compiling a list of ecdy supps, noting the amount of beta-ecdysterones present in each capsule (adjusted for the standardization %). I didn't include any proprietary blends where the ecdy dosage was not given. Here's the list, if anyone is interested:

495 mg/cap HOM Beta-Ecdysterone Anabolic Environment Enhancer
300 mg/cap SciFit EcdySterone 300
200 mg/cap Syntrax SyntraEC
150 mg/cap Supreme Sports Enhancements Omnibolic
100 mg/cap Peak Performance Ecdysone FX
100 mg/cap Vyotech 17-HD
98 mg/cap SciFit T-Max Dual Anabolic System
52 mg/cap ThermoLife E-BOL
25 mg/cap MRM ECDY-20
25 mg/cap Universal IsoStak
25 mg/cap Weider Beta-Ecdysterone
20 mg/cap Scitec Nutrition MyoMeth
15 mg/cap ThermoLife Ecdysten
7.5 mg/cap LA Muscle Norateen Heavyweight II
7.5 mg/cap LA Muscle Norateen II

(If you guys see any omissions or errors, let me know and I can edit the list...)

Personally, I took 300-400 mg of ecdy (Peak Performance product above), split into 3-4 doses each day, for about 4 weeks, with a high protein diet, a couple of years ago. To be honest, I didn't notice anything, good or bad. A bit disappointing.

I'm thinking of getting the SSE Omnibolic and giving it another try though, this time with a different product and at a higher dose of 150 mg 3x/day (450 mg ED).

Also, anyone have a study to back up the claim of synergy with methoxy?

Cheers!
Let me know how the SSE stuff works.

The only PH I ever messed with was on an Epi/Formex run.
Other than that, I have the patience enough to lift heavy, eat clean and use less potent things to slowly get gains.
When I see some of the stacks some guys on here take, I feel like a chump.
Lolz

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
this not matter all of them has carbs but you need REST the fiber then you obtain the NET CARBS with 10-12g carbs a day you maintain on KETO

The tribal folks get all theirs from vegetables, fruit, and nuts.
This processed food with all the extras probably have a different chemical structure of carbs, sugars. and fats compared to the natural foods.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
E-BOL has 110 mg of rhaponticum carthamoides per serving (2 caps), and the extract is standardized to 95% Ecdysterone , so 52 mg/cap of ecdy. (That's how I calculated all the values in that list, to compare the amount of actives per cap.)

Thanks for the info about the other "sterones in there. I'm not familiar with them... are they supposed to be better/stronger?

I've never tried E-BOL (yet?), but people rave about it in all of the ecdy threads on here. Still, including all the sterones (is that what they're called?), that's only 62 mg per cap.... Seems a bit underdosed to me, but I suppose if you take the recommended 6 caps ED, you're getting 372 mg ED. Maybe if the quality is as high as you claim, that's good enough? Or maybe there's good synergy or effects from the other ingredients in E-BOL's profile. Hmm. Sounds like I might have to modify my shopping cart again and go find out.
I know E-bol is designed well for maximum results.
If I could get my hands on a formula with just the three ingredients below
it would be a staple.

Turkesabol™
(Ajuga Turkestanica Extract - Imported Directly From The Institute Of The Chemistry Of Plant Substances, Academy Of Sciences, Republic Of Uzbekistan Containing: Turkesterone, Ecdysterone, Cyasterone And Ajugasterone)

EcdyPure™
Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract Standardized For 95% Ecdysterone

Rostanabol™
(25 R)-5alpha-Spirostan-2alpha, 3beta, 5alpha-Triol-6-OH
===========================================

just ordered these from Tonvara
(been doing a little OT lately and since I have been supp free for the past few months its the best time to experiment.)

Tonvara SuperEcdy Russian Leuzea Carthamoides Ecdysterone
Tonvara TrueTurk Turkesterone from Ajuga Turkestanica from the ICPS in Uzbekistan

Going to run them at 3 to 4 caps a day each.
Started responding to the brands I mentioned earlier in about a week or so.
And know my body well enough in relation to this to know if its legit.
Will let you guys know if I get the same effects as I got with only ecdy.
From the claimed potency of Turk, should be more pronounced.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fun thread. Just read it all the way through.

Bigugly

Bigugly

Awards
Huge fan!!!! Btw this is from wiki

Ecdysone is a steroidal prohormone of the major insect molting hormone 20-hydroxyecdysone, which is secreted from the prothoracic glands. Insect molting hormones (ecdysone and its homologues) are generally called ecdysteroids.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Huge fan!!!! Btw this is from wiki

Ecdysone is a steroidal prohormone of the major insect molting hormone 20-hydroxyecdysone, which is secreted from the prothoracic glands. Insect molting hormones (ecdysone and its homologues) are generally called ecdysteroids.
gotta love that wiki!

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anyone look at that new Ecdy product from LG? Sub-Sterone i think its called?

Looks pretty legit. Would have bought some if I had some cash...ill just save up a bit. If I had some cash I would love to run a solid ecdy with some Forskolin. Especiall since i normally have a fairly high protein diet for my size(230-290 for 185)....im thinking an ecdy would be a nice add on.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone look at that new Ecdy product from LG? Sub-Sterone i think its called?

Looks pretty legit. Would have bought some if I had some cash...ill just save up a bit. If I had some cash I would love to run a solid ecdy with some Forskolin. Especiall since i normally have a fairly high protein diet for my size(230-290 for 185)....im thinking an ecdy would be a nice add on.
I think you would really like this GH; the concentration of the extract is many fold above other products on the market and the delivery system is going to bring more bio-availability then has been seen before as well. I bet it would stack great with a forskolin based product as well... got me thinking! :cheers:

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think you would really like this GH; the concentration of the extract is many fold above other products on the market and the delivery system is going to bring more bio-availability then has been seen before as well. I bet it would stack great with a forskolin based product as well... got me thinking! :cheers:

Well think about it...increased protein synthesis PLUS increase cAMP activity would be a very nice for a strong recomp with an emphasis on strength gain and fat loss. I would love to run it as a bridge between Swole stacks. Starting int he middle of one cycle and then ending in the begining of the next. Start on week 5 run the last 4 weeks and then run throughout the 4-6 weeks betweeen the stack and finish after the first week on the following stack. Would allow for consistant gains while giving your body a break for the herbs.

Can work with the natabolic stack to. Start during your run with natabolic and continue through PCT to continue gains.

Bigugly

Bigugly

Awards
I have been taking a product containing ecdysone for over six year. *Not sure how much is in it (universal nutrition m-stak). *But I have notice on either my week off or month off (depending on my cycle) my sex drive is down big time. *It's to the point that my chick make smart ass comments about my supps.*

Anyone else experience this prob. Also Don't take any pro homornes tried them once and quit after four day.

Another question for follow ecdy lovers!! Is there a need for PCT? *I always take a test booster PCT because my sex drive is so low during my off cycle of ecdy (m-stak and iso stak R my sources)*

Bigugly

Bigugly

Awards
I'm typing this from my iPhone and I'm lazy sorry about the grammars

I have been taking a product containing ecdysone for over six year. *Not sure how much is in it (universal nutrition m-stak). *But I have notice on either my week off or month off (depending on my cycle) my sex drive is down big time. *It's to the point that my chick make smart ass comments about my supps.*

Anyone else experience this prob. Also Don't take any pro homornes tried them once and quit after four day.

Another question for follow ecdy lovers!! Is there a need for PCT? *I always take a test booster PCT because my sex drive is so low during my off cycle of ecdy (m-stak and iso stak R my sources)*

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

It is non hormonal so there is no need for a pct. Some people actually use it in pct. My guess is the AI in Mstack lowered your estrogen too much.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
aromatase inhibitor...it is only a guess. It could be anything. Some blood work would help you nail it down though.

Bigugly

Bigugly

Awards
Yea.... I've been meaning to do that. Should I wait till I'm on a break from ecdy & mstak before I get blood work?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea.... I've been meaning to do that. Should I wait till I'm on a break from ecdy & mstak before I get blood work?
Yes, you should be off everything for at least 3-4 weeks so your body can reach homeostasis then get your blood work done. A hormone panel should give you what you need and identify where your test/estro levels are and the ratio of the two that is just as important.

TonyMaserati

TonyMaserati

Awards
ax1, that is some very inspirational sh*t right there. I've dabbled w/ ckd/Bodyopus in the past. I didn't know what I was doign and lost tooooo much muscle. Do you ever get lethargic/hypo? Probably not now, but when you first started?

Bigugly

Bigugly

Awards
ax1, that is some very inspirational sh*t right there. I've dabbled w/ ckd/Bodyopus in the past. I didn't know what I was doign and lost tooooo much muscle. Do you ever get lethargic/hypo? Probably not now, but when you first started?

This wasn't to me was it?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Ok never mind I was driving and and blogging at the same time......... :D
Lol!! Very impressive sir...very impressive. I've managed to send texts when driving, but not post on a bodybuilding forum!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For some reason when I first hit keto, and do it 100% correct I seem to have the best energy about 2 days into it once my body starts burning fat as an energy source.

Yes there is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it, some people like carb cycling, personally I like to keep my body at fat burning only.

Low carb dieting properly can amount to muscle gains if you do everything right.

It is non hormonal so there is no need for a pct. Some people actually use it in pct. My guess is the AI in Mstack lowered your estrogen too much.
If one can afford, its probably good to run LG Substerone all the way through a cycle and through pct which should be around 8-9 weeks.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HUGE ecdysterone fan here.

I've been using various Ecdy products for over 15 years, going back to the original ZOE Discoveries Zebutol, Ecdysterone and sapogenin analogs such as "Anabolica" which was otherwise known as "Laxogenin" and formulated by Mark Thierman... the chemist who introduced Mesobolin back in the day via his company Amino discounters. I've run lab tests on all 3, and the results were quite interesting.

I've been so intrigued by the Ecdysterone story/results I've seen, I wrote and Ecdy-centric optimal use protocol called "The Blueprint". ZB126 ran a modified Blueprint protocol with the sub-ecdy beta and this was before he was a rep for LG:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/145558-zb126-gets-swole.html

In fact, here's what Dr. P, Scientific advisor to Thermolife had to say about The Blueprint:

"With regards to blueprint: It is definitely not just another program. It is very different from everything I have seen from the 'popular programs' crowd because it tuned and tweaked to lead into repeated states of borderline-overtraining and then to cut back on training stress just in the right moment in order to have the optimal growth stimulus. The addition of a strong adaptogen then fortifies and speeds up recuperation and regeneration tremendously, allowing for some insane gains within relatively short periods of time."

Very interesting compound to say the least. For an overview of its benefits (including those in mammals), please consult this excellent resource:

http://ecdybase.org/index.php?&action=ecdyeffects

Bigugly

Bigugly

Awards
I take ecdystone 4 times a day... Should I be taking it with meals or in between meals on a empty stomach? I now take 3 tabs with meals and once a day on a empty stomach...

halberdklown

Awards
just recieved my sub sterone while i was at the gym, came back, and although it said to take 6 pumps prior to workout, i just took 6 immediately after. hope this works!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I just completed another 3 month run of this stuff. I love it.

I know this is not a "sexy" supplement and the effects are not like gear or a PH's but the stuff just recomps me like none other. More importantly, since I am in my 40's, I do not have to worry about sides!! NONE and the fact I am not without messing around with my hormones; this makes the cost needed for higher doses justified.

-I am able to cheat more an get away with it.
-Maintain strength while dieting.
-Leans me out - similar to var ( I crap you not)
-Get crazy vascular (even at rest).
-"Feel" better (adaptogenic properties?!?!?!)

I used to run ~2 grams a day (1x300mg cap from SciFit every 2 hours x 6 caps/day).

This time around, I ran this again and added:
1) EBOL (4 caps/day) - Spread out at 1 cap every 3 hours
2) LeanXtreme (3 caps a day - spread out 1 cap every 3 hours)
***LeanXtreme made my fat loss and recomp more pronounced this time!

RIPPED and I enjoyed my 2 cheat days per week.

This is NOT a cheap cycle but the results and lack of sides and almost euphoric feeling while "ON" made this one fun cycle.

Just figured I'd share
My single favorite OTC compound, period. I have long since sang its praises as an indispensable adjunct to my all-time most successful natural cycle. I Emailed Sci-Fit directly and asked them to enlighten me on their Ecdy content extract yield, and never heard back from them. I would only advise people to seek out 98%, since oral dosing with this compound can be dicey (absorption), and Russian Star even has a famous log detailing his experiences injecting it (my chosen method of administration, should RS ever get back to me with those directions! Ha!)

Also... testing methods and extract percentages can vary wildly based on the thoroughness of testing, and testing procedure used; so it can be a risky investment, even if the distributor advertises 98%.

If finances were of no consequence, I would really like to undergo a massive dose protocol, and see if the effects are dose dependent and max out at an optimal dosage, or if they can truly compound and increase higher and higher.

At any rate, I have several quotes from bulk distributors, and am always toying with the option to run it at something unprecedented, around 10g/day (!), and report back on the overall result - which I would confidently hypothesize would be staggering indeed.

M-Stak is my all time favorite iteration of an Ecdy product thus far, but that was taken in concert with Animal Test and Hemodraulix, so the exaggerated anabolism and body re-composition can't be credited solely to M-Stak.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
My single favorite OTC compound, period. I have long since sang its praises as an indispensable adjunct to my all-time most successful natural cycle. I Emailed Sci-Fit directly and asked them to enlighten me on their Ecdy content extract yield, and never heard back from them. I would only advise people to seek out 98%, since oral dosing with this compound can be dicey (absorption), and Russian Star even has a famous log detailing his experiences injecting it (my chosen method of administration, should RS ever get back to me with those directions! Ha!)

Also... testing methods and extract percentages can vary wildly based on the thoroughness of testing, and testing procedure used; so it can be a risky investment, even if the distributor advertises 98%.

If finances were of no consequence, I would really like to undergo a massive dose protocol, and see if the effects are dose dependent and max out at an optimal dosage, or if they can truly compound and increase higher and higher.

At any rate, I have several quotes from bulk distributors, and am always toying with the option to run it at something unprecedented, around 10g/day (!), and report back on the overall result - which I would confidently hypothesize would be staggering indeed.
10g/day would be pretty expensive but id definitely follow if u logged it ;) it wouldnt suprise me if it felt like u were taking dbol lol

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
10g/day would be pretty expensive but id definitely follow if u logged it ;) it wouldnt suprise me if it felt like u were taking dbol lol
Muscle fullness to spare... but I'll still keep it all to myself!

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A tip for those interested in maximizing Ecdy's activation of cyclic GMP (cGMP) and mTOR/PI3k-AKT pathway during the workout. The latter pathway is the most important, at least according to this study recently performed at Rutgers:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-EjBRf_wmNkJ:abstracts.aspb.org/pb2009/public/P60/P60016.html+rutgers+ecdysterone&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If using LG's sub-ecdy, consider dosing about 15 min prior to the workout, + 3g of GABA, then consuming the following intra workout drink:

GABA
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/nutraplanet/gaba-500-grams.html

75 g of Kwik Karb
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/nutraplanet/kwick-karb-waxy-maize-starch-value-size-3-3-lb.html

25g of whey isolate, inclusive of di-tri peptides
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/vpx-sports/stealth-5lbs.html

20g of BCAA's
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/nutraplanet/bcaa-s-1-kilo.html

Alternatively, 10g of Leucine
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/nutraplanet/l-leucine-100-grams.html

The 3g dose of GABA prior to the workout has been shown to quadruple GH output:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8jSaSpa_dDwJ:www.ergo-log.com/gabagh.html+ergo-log+gaba&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Ecdy is a known amplifier of cyclic GMP (cGMP), which will be of much benefit during the workout. This clue was buried deep in LaFont's excellent paper, Practical uses for ecdysteroids in mammals including humans: an update R. Lafont1,3 and L. Dinan2,4. See page 16 of 30, under sub-heading: "Rapid membrane effects";

http://www.insectscience.org/3.7/Lafont_et.al._JIS_3_7_2003.pdf

Finally, I use many of those very same ingredients from Nutraplanet in that intra workout drink. The amylopectins found in Kwik Karb rapidly pull the aminos and other goodies through the stomach, into the duodenum/small intestine and ultimately to the blood/muscle to recover you mighty quick.

BONUS: You'll have none of the bloating/crash seen with dextrose. Start sipping that drink 15 min prior to, between sets and finish up after your workout. Finally, take another post workout dose of LG's Substerone at this time. Doing so will put the product in the best position to amplify your gains.

We have other tips and tricks we use in The Blueprint, but I hope the above helps you guys...

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

QUOTE]

Damn, I'm going to PM you man on that super-concentrated transdermal dosing protocol you're using :)

With respect to Ecdy and which product is best. I am unclear as to SciFit's source but the last public divulgence of source material was Cyanotis Vaga. The pricepoint/mg for that product would seem to support that is still the case.

Finally, the gold standard (IMO) is still full spectrum Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract. If you look closely at the literature, testing done (in humans) almost always gets back to full spectrum RCE as superior to any isolated Ecdy. Now it's true there is a fusillade of 20H, Turkesterone etc related literature showing they do as much/more in little furry creatures, but full spectrum RCE always showed up in humans as best - likely due to something called the "levseins" complex.

Briefly, "levseins" is referred to in the former Soviet literature as a grouping of 10-12 (depending upon who's literature you read) of Ecdy's in a very specific ratio. PART of that ratio is 20H, part is Turk etc. There are also other beneficial components in the plant such as various tannins, resins etc that impart great benefit.

One wrinkle if going to injectible route. Standalone ecdy's such as 20H etc are more water soluble vs. their androgen bretheren. Although they share the classic 4 carbon ring backbone, the multiple OH groups lend themselves to the molecule being more hydrophyllic (water loving) vs. hydrophobic.

The REVERSE is true however with RCE due to the other components contained therein (tannins, resins etc). RCE is more hydrophobic. This is easily demonstrated by pouring straight 98% RCE into water and then vegetable oil. You'll notice it separates in water despite vigorous mixing. In oil, it will disperse much easier.

FINAL WORD: I'm not sure why but LEGIT RCE was/is in very short supply. One company here in early August was offered "98% RCE" by a supplier in China and sent a C of A to back that up. Upon being tested, it was between 50-60% RCE with the balance (20H content) being spiked with Cyanotis Vaga.

Hope that helps. PM on the way...

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love ecdy! Can we get NP to bring back bulk ecdy!?!?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe if we over load them with emails...

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
There's a few new/nice ecdy products on NP

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Last time I named this product, I got a virtual hand slap by the admin or mod.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PM?

I looked at NP and found the sane ol ecdy...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Last time I named this product, I got a virtual hand slap by the admin or mod.
You got 'disciplined' for mentioning a product Nutra...... sells? :arg:

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

M-Stak is my all time favorite iteration of an Ecdy product thus far, but that was taken in concert with Animal Test and Hemodraulix, so the exaggerated anabolism and body re-composition can't be credited solely to M-Stak.
Any luck with bulk ecdy? I would be very interested in running 10-15 grams a day.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Any luck with bulk ecdy? I would be very interested in running 10-15 grams a day.
Yes, found it two places actually... but ended up paying off credit cards in stead. How stupid and irresponsible of me, haha!! ;)