Drewsicle3210 gets freakishly VOLATILE (sponsored)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Booooommm!!!!!

1 full scoop of Volatile taken at 1130, gym at 1200 for back and bis

Warmed up with Pushups, jumping jacks, yoga stretches

1. Wide grip pulldowns

2. Bent Reverse grip BB rows
SS w
Ez bar curl

3. Low cable row
SS w
DB concentration curls

4. Max rep pullups
SS w
Mad rep BB curls

I will post numbers later

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice Drew, sounds like you killed it!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Booooommm!!!!!

1 full scoop of Volatile taken at 1130, gym at 1200 for back and bis

Warmed up with Pushups, jumping jacks, yoga stretches

1. Wide grip pulldowns

2. Bent Reverse grip BB rows
SS w
Ez bar curl

3. Low cable row
SS w
DB concentration curls

4. Max rep pullups
SS w
Mad rep BB curls

I will post numbers later
I like your ss selections

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How the heck can you pull off pull-ups at the end of a back day??? I'd be like "1!....2!....*drops down crying like a baby*"

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid bro... gotta love the supersets
I have been trying to do SS more lately. Helps me get more done with my short time.

Nice Drew, sounds like you killed it!
I feel pretty good about.

I like your ss selections
Why thank you. I didn't even know what I was going to do at the gym (for Back and Bis) I was deciding as I went along.

Oh. Man.

How the heck can you pull off pull-ups at the end of a back day??? I'd be like "1!....2!....*drops down crying like a baby*"
Well, it definitely wasn't a PR breaker. I did what I could. 4-3-3-3. The last two sets were actually chin ups.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I've had a great experience mysel with volatile. I mixed it with endurance back when formutech was that other named company.

I was using with a PH and man it was perfectly matched

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had a great experience mysel with volatile. I mixed it with endurance back when formutech was that other named company.

I was using with a PH and man it was perfectly matched
Man, i miss endurance. I need to get some more of that.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 scoop of Volatile at about 1500.

I did my workout here at home.
Did the first set and almost said fuk it. Joints hurt, no motivation. But then I picked up the DBs and cranked out another set, then it was fukkin ON!!

1. Seated DB press
2. Tricep kick backs SS w pike press (V pushups, you know, shoulders)
3. Forward DB raise SS w standing DB overhead extensions
3. Side DB raises SS w lying Ez bar extensions

4 sets per exercise, each set to
Failure. Sick pump, crazy veinage. I like what I see.

I almost dropped the goddamn ez bar (85#) on my 2 year old daughter on the last set. She walked under it and wouldn't move for nothing. Almost threw out my shoulder trying to set it down sideways!!

Gotta love the little ones!!

;)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Did the first set and almost said fuk it. Joints hurt, no motivation. But then I picked up the DBs and cranked out another set, then it was fukkin ON!!

1. Seated DB press

I almost dropped the goddamn ez bar (85#) on my 2 year old daughter on the last set. She walked under it and wouldn't move for nothing. Almost threw out my shoulder trying to set it down sideways!!

;)
Lol. Kids are funny :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

1. Seated DB press

;)
Nice SS's, Drew. Sounds like she thought you needed a spot!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volume in that workout was great. Nice job! Enjoy that time with your little one, it....goes....by....so.....fast!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks brother. I know. I was drunk for the first 3 years of my 5 year old's life. I will not make this mistake again. I feel like I can never make that up.
But I work at it constantly.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks brother. I know. I was drunk for the first 3 years of my 5 year old's life. I will not make this mistake again. I feel like I can never make that up.
But I work at it constantly.
I did not know this. Congrats on cleaning up! Its not easy

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did not know this. Congrats on cleaning up! Its not easy
Thanks Chris, it was and it wasn't. With the proper motivation anything can be done.
I just traded one habit for another, IRON.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Chris, it was and it wasn't. With the proper motivation anything can be done.
I just traded one habit for another, IRON.
That's the way to do it. I haven't had a drink in just over 2 years and no cigarettes in about 18-19 months

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the way to do it. I haven't had a drink in just over 2 years and no cigarettes in about 18-19 months
Nice job. I still have to quit the tobacco. I promised my girls. Today is actually my last day. Tomorrow will begin, again, with Day 1. I can do this.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys both should be congratulated for choosing health. On quitting cigarettes, here is something that my family used: in order to reinforce negative stimuli, take all your cigarette ashes and butts and put them in a clear glass jar. Fill the jar about half way with these remnants. Add a couple of tablespoons of water, cap the jar and put it someplace where you can easily access it. Every time you get a craving for a cigarette, uncap the jar and take a whiff. Bam! Negative stimuli.

In addition, take another jar and everyday add the money that you spend for your habit. Watch that jar fill up. Use this money for something nice for yourself. Bam, positive stimuli.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys both should be congratulated for choosing health. On quitting cigarettes, here is something that my family used: in order to reinforce negative stimuli, take all your cigarette ashes and butts and put them in a clear glass jar. Fill the jar about half way with these remnants. Add a couple of tablespoons of water, cap the jar and put it someplace where you can easily access it. Every time you get a craving for a cigarette, uncap the jar and take a whiff. Bam! Negative stimuli.

In addition, take another jar and everyday add the money that you spend for your habit. Watch that jar fill up. Use this money for something nice for yourself. Bam, positive stimuli.
In my case I guess a jar of dip spit. And whatever dip I have leftover tonight. The only thing is dip spit seems to decay an smells dog feces after a while. I guess that is some serious negative stimuli.
I like these ideas though, and will be implementing tomorrow.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my case I guess a jar of dip spit. And whatever dip I have leftover tonight. The only thing is dip spit seems to decay an smells dog feces after a while. I guess that is some serious negative stimuli. I like these ideas though, and will be implementing tomorrow.
Good luck brother. I watched my Dad die from tobacco related illnesses. Not something anyone should let their kids see.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Great ideas!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the motivation guys. Today is day 2 and I am going strong. Here is why:
1. I decided to quit, nobody told me to. This is all too important. Every other time it was my wife forcing me to. So when I cave in and grab a can, I would just think of it as hiding from her. NOW, I can't hide it from myself. Amiright?
2. I told everyone that I was quitting. My coworkers and family have heard it all before, so it is what it is. What is really effective, believe it or not, is that I shared it with YOU. I can't fail at this, not in front of the boyz. Namean?

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great strategy! I agree it only works if YOU want it to work

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Downed me a scoop of Volatile at 0430, hit the gym at 0515. Had to kind of rush through it because I had to go do other stuff. Here is what I did:
20 pushups
20 leg lifts
10 pullups
20 situps
20 BW squats
20 Kettle bell swings

Repeat for 20 minutes.

Nice workout, not too crazy. I need to get up a little earlier tomorrow to get some quality lifting done. I also want to start getting more cardio in. These love handles are starting to piss me off. I have had some issues with blood sugar/insulin or something over the last 10 months, and some coworkers said that this could cause fat in that area. Check out my thread in nutrition and health, "calling all diabetics...."

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great strategy! I agree it only works if YOU want it to work
Thanks Reg. I am going to beat this thing.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned that I dip, not smoke. So I am dealing with an exponentially higher nicotine addiction. I think the equivalent to 1 dip is like 5 cigarettes. I was dipping a can a day, so yeah. Lots. A can has at least 15 dips I want to say. There is enough nicotine in a can of dip to kill a full grown horse. Or 3 little whores. ;) kidding about the latter, i have no idea how much nicotine it would take to kill a whore.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with your health choice! You know we support ya!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck with your health choice! You know we support ya!
Thanks pal!! I am looking forward to fresher breath, a whiter smile, healthier heart, and ~$4 a day of money saved. I am almost certain my wife will let me use the saved funds for supplements. Why not?!? :)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks pal!! I am looking forward to fresher breath, a whiter smile, healthier heart, and ~$4 a day of money saved. I am almost certain my wife will let me use the saved funds for supplements. Why not?!? :)
I am sure!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've definitely got the head start on the addiction with the attitude!

Make sure you get some rest tonight so you can get in and swing weight tomorrow!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congratulations on putting the first $4 in "the supplement jar"! You can do this!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You've definitely got the head start on the addiction with the attitude!

Make sure you get some rest tonight so you can get in and swing weight tomorrow!
Addiction huh? Choice words...
Yeah bro, alarm is set for 0400, should get to work at about 0445, gym at 0500. That gives me an hour and 20 minute to tear some muscle tissue.

Congratulations on putting the first $4 in "the supplement jar"! You can do this!
Thanks brotha. I have never been so determined to quit. I am pretty much considering it done.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2 tobacco free down.
Day 8 of Volatile log.

I have prepped my preworkout for the morning, just doing Volatile, flax, bcaa's, and an extra 2 grams of creatine. I am leaving out the gatorade powder for a bit, to see if that has anything to do with my blood sugar issues.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Way to stick to it man, almost past the hardest part

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What made you decide to up the Creatine?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2 tobacco free down.
Day 8 of Volatile log.

I have prepped my preworkout for the morning, just doing Volatile, flax, bcaa's, and an extra 2 grams of creatine. I am leaving out the gatorade powder for a bit, to see if that has anything to do with my blood sugar issues.
hell yeah!! good job dude!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Way to stick to it man, almost past the hardest part
Thanks, today seemed much easier. Had a pretty good day and I was pretty busy with this ACAP workshop, learning how to effectively write a resume