Double dose of NeedToBuildMuscle Transderm meet OUFINNY for 8 week domination!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright sorry about the delays guys, was doing 50 thousand things this weekend, all of which did no help for me. I will move on from that and this week is all about dialing in the diet... it is not helping at all. Anyways, here is today's workout:

Chest
DB Bench - 2 WU sets, 70x8, 90x8, 90x6, 90x4 WTF I was so weak and pissed right about now... f***** beer this weeknd.

Incline BB Bench - 135x8, 155x8x3, 185x5 Again, sucking central with the weight.

Cable press - 5 sets, at least on these I got a great pump and shoulders did look pretty good in the mirror

Dips - BW + 1 chainx8x3 no issue here except my shoulders had enough, why I don't know

V-bar tricep pushdowns - 4 sets, blasted these, hellatious pumps about this point

CGBP - 115x8x2, 135x8x2 ehh, good stuff but my shoulder is always iffy with this movement... it is more stable now as the mid/rear delt are healing

Finished with a few sets of overhead tricep DBs, just to get more pump.

Thoughts on Transderm: no joint issues like I was worried about, libido is up, six to midnight in a nano-second, GF looks hotter... catching on.

Anabeta - Hunger is annoying, pumps are nice, so far it is noticeable in those two areas but nothing else.

Tomorrow is going to be a new day and I am keeping water up high since I am holding a lot from the weekends festivities. Goal is to get back down to 215 or less in the next few days. I won't even say where I was this AM. MrKleen aka Chris told me about a cleanse he is using and I am going to give it a try; my GI tract could use a good cleaning.
I know what you mean about feeling weak. But over all looks like you had a solid workout. And as far as Cleanse. I forget what chris does but if that doesn't work Good ole Fleet works wonders. Either drink two bottles or do the enema.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Houston that's solid bro keep it up and you'll be stronger then an ox soon. I wish I could go workout right now this very freaking minute. Just got our a$$es handed to us in league game of softball and my adrenaline is sjy high, but gota get up 440 to head to work. Keep killing it brother!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys work is a pain this week, I did not get to the gym on Tuesday night and today will be back on track. I have to say it looks like I am starting to get thicker in the chest and my pants are tighter in the thighs. We shall see how things progress, it seems I could be up in mass some. Weighed in at 217 this AM.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update man. I'm getting the same things from AnaBeta. Hunger is through the roof, and I've had some very strong and big pumps also. I'm up a little on strength and up a lb, but that's about it

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wednesday workout - Back and Tris

Finally back in the gym!!!! I had to bust ass at work all day to make that happen but it was worth it... read on and you will see why. Today workout was not overly long as it was 95 AGAIN in Houston and it was very annoying. Needless to say I did get some sweat going and...

Started out different today:

V-bar rows (between legs) - got up to 185x7 (PR)

Lat pulldowns - last set was 180x6

So here is where I diverged from the norm, back is feeling good, no one is dead lifting so...
Dead lifts - Warm ups, 240x5x2, 335x2, drum role please 420x1 (power lifter there said it was a legit pull, goddamn it was heavy!!!!)

Nautilus pullovers - 4 sets

Standing ez bar curls - 4 sets I think, forearm was irritating me

Concentration curls - 4 sets

And that was all she wrote. Shoulder is getting better, back is WAY better, elbow is sore on the right side and the worst of it all is these damn forearms make me lift biceps like a p***y. Anyways, I guess this Anabeta/Transderm combo exhibits some strength gains and obviously PRs!

Mirror is not showing much more than I look more full, nothing in the leaning out or mass increases. Last I will add is my pants are tight in the legs which is sweet, getting my legs to grow is so hard!!!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow man that is wicked back routine. You gota drink a red bull and fly down here to Alabama and teach my Pacific Islander butt how to workout back!!! Love to see that pr bro keep killing it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work Matt!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow man that is wicked back routine. You gota drink a red bull and fly down here to Alabama and teach my Pacific Islander butt how to workout back!!! Love to see that pr bro keep killing it.
It stop smelling like oil there now? It could be arranged.

Nice work Matt!
Thanks haus, I guess I will be able to keep up with you in the near future. You need to get to my gym here ASAP, got that new 60 pound bar that makes squats and deads awesome, ZERO flex in it even with 420 on the bar.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
great lifts bro! How long have you been on the double dose now?

Meister

Meister

Awards
Nice weight on the dead lift. Impressive.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job getting up the 420 on deads bro! That is some nice weight :cheers:

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hot damn nice dead!!!

Deads must be harder for you at that height too eh? Makes it even more legit when PL'r says its good.

KEEP TRUCKING!!

Meister

Meister

Awards
Yo!

Are you going to do pre and post pics for comparison or did I read past something?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
420 is very decent...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yo!

Are you going to do pre and post pics for comparison or did I read past something?
I should be able to get some pics up here in the next few days. I see very little noticeable changes yet so they will be accurate. This AM I am sitting at 216.0 so looks like I lost all the water from the last weekend. This morning I am paying for the dead lift, I am sore in some odd places but most concerning is my right elbow is SCREAMING at me. 800mgs of ibuprofen down the hatch and I am going to try to get some ART done on it tomorrow if I can get an appointment scheduled, it has to get better or I will be in trouble here. Good thing it is a leg day or I would question if I could lift at all. It was getting better then did biceps yesterday, it did not like that at all. Never had an elbow issue, even when I was swimming 10+ workouts a week so this is quite new. Anyways, that is what's going on in my world. Today should not be as busy so I can drop in to AM more often I hope. I'm out!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
420 is very decent...
I can't tell you if you are saying this as a compliment or not; I don't speak Canadian so the verdict is still out! Either way I am happy with it considering it is 35 pounds better than my last PR pull. Keep in mind I had not done any deads in at least 8 weeks and ripped this, all that back work is paying off I see.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't tell you if you are saying this as a compliment or not; I don't speak Canadian so the verdict is still out! Either way I am happy with it considering it is 35 pounds better than my last PR pull. Keep in mind I had not done any deads in at least 8 weeks and ripped this, all that back work is paying off I see.
I am sure it feel great to be able to destroy your previous PR.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

breaking a pr by 35 pounds is freaking fantastic....nice job!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decent meaning respectable 420 is no joke...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thursday Legs - This 97 degrees on the first day of fall is BS!!!

If you don't notice, it was hot today and I was damn sore from yesterdays efforts. Add to that being a little tired, made for a rough workout. I warmed up 10 minutes on the treadmill, still tight in the posterior chain from mid back to knees, screw it I went for it anyways.

Foam roller for a few minutes

Workout:
Squats - 185x8, 185x10, 225x8x2 (these were ATG and slow)

Leg Press - 4 pps x8 (slow/deep), 5 pps x10x3, 5 pps x8

Calf press - 3pps x12x3

Leg Extensions - 2 sets

I got a nasty headache after leg press, felt like my BP spiked a ton and I wanted to hurl. All exercises after that were terrible, I felt so much like a puss but my back and hammies were screaming by this point too. Add the heat, I wanted to die. Packed up, went home and laid in my inversion chair and within five minutes things calmed down. I think the heat, stims in my pre-workout and the exertion just were too much for me today. Anyways, ate some serious amount of food and now am chillaxing after my woman lathered my back in icy hot :). Time to get some herbal relaxation.

Transderm - Today is the first day I am starting to see some body changes, even my GF says my chest looks more full and I can see more definition and size in my whole upper body. And being that I am a pound less than yesterday, good things are abound. I upped my protein by an extra 50 grams this week, apparently that made all the difference in the world. I am going to keep carbs and fat in check and have as much protein as I need even if it goes over say 300 grams.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you don't notice, it was hot today and I was damn sore from yesterdays efforts. Add to that being a little tired, made for a rough workout. I warmed up 10 minutes on the treadmill, still tight in the posterior chain from mid back to knees, screw it I went for it anyways.

Foam roller for a few minutes

Workout:
Squats - 185x8, 185x10, 225x8x2 (these were ATG and slow)

Leg Press - 4 pps x8 (slow/deep), 5 pps x10x3, 5 pps x8

Calf press - 3pps x12x3

Leg Extensions - 2 sets

I got a nasty headache after leg press, felt like my BP spiked a ton and I wanted to hurl. All exercises after that were terrible, I felt so much like a puss but my back and hammies were screaming by this point too. Add the heat, I wanted to die. Packed up, went home and laid in my inversion chair and within five minutes things calmed down. I think the heat, stims in my pre-workout and the exertion just were too much for me today. Anyways, ate some serious amount of food and now am chillaxing after my woman lathered my back in icy hot :). Time to get some herbal relaxation.

Transderm - Today is the first day I am starting to see some body changes, even my GF says my chest looks more full and I can see more definition and size in my whole upper body. And being that I am a pound less than yesterday, good things are abound. I upped my protein by an extra 50 grams this week, apparently that made all the difference in the world. I am going to keep carbs and fat in check and have as much protein as I need even if it goes over say 300 grams.
Matt forgive me for my ignorance. Doesn't the gym have a/c? I have never trained at metroplex. I have heard you and chris talk about it some. Also as far as the transaderm goes. Where are you applying the lotion? I used it this morning for the first time. 5 pumps and it seemed as though there was not a lot of coverage. But where it was applied I felt tighter. Also had a slight headache from the tightness in my neck.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt forgive me for my ignorance. Doesn't the gym have a/c? I have never trained at metroplex. I have heard you and chris talk about it some. Also as far as the transaderm goes. Where are you applying the lotion? I used it this morning for the first time. 5 pumps and it seemed as though there was not a lot of coverage. But where it was applied I felt tighter. Also had a slight headache from the tightness in my neck.
Metroflex has no A/C and the heater is pretty weaksauce. As for the transderm I put it on shoulders and some on upper chest. I use 10 pumps so I get more coverage. Don't worry but if your neck is bothering you I would move to the shoulders/delts or your chest.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to see that you are starting to see some changes in the mirror. That is the best judge. Much better than the scale ;)

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn man your killing it. 420 on the deads, gotta love that

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it the heat in the preworkout that can cause high blood preasure, I would have to thing that could also happen with diet pills... more water is always a good idea in situations like that but sometimes you lose too many electrolytes....

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it the heat in the preworkout that can cause high blood preasure, I would have to thing that could also happen with diet pills... more water is always a good idea in situations like that but sometimes you lose too many electrolytes....
Electrolyte balance is more than likely the culprit. I am hoping that Omega Strive comes out soon, I want to add that to my workouts!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dang bro hope your headache left quickly. That always puts me in a wierd lifting mood. I love your dead lifts man just wicked.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Matt, man you have got to go to Kroger and get some of the Quick Start Hydration, the flavors are of the chain like 2 bucks for 10 packets, sugar free and go great with aminos... Would be something good to have in the gym while you workout in that heat. Keep that BP in line too. you know hydration keeps the blood from turning into sludge. ;)

Consider yourselves invited to come and see what NTBM Transaderm can do for me with no specific changes to diet and only minor changes to training style.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/183516-kleen-satisfies-his.html#post3017401

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Matt, man you have got to go to Kroger and get some of the Quick Start Hydration, the flavors are of the chain like 2 bucks for 10 packets, sugar free and go great with aminos... Would be something good to have in the gym while you workout in that heat. Keep that BP in line too. you know hydration keeps the blood from turning into sludge. ;)

Consider yourselves invited to come and see what NTBM Transaderm can do for me with no specific changes to diet and only minor changes to training style.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/183516-kleen-satisfies-his.html#post3017401
1, thanks for that I will go look for it today at lunch and 2, you know I am all over that log.

Guys I am sorry for the delays I was busy this weekend having fun; tough job I know. Between the concert on Friday, pool party Saturday and football Sunday, I am done! Time to get rocking this week though the elbow is worrying me some. The ART doc that I see really, really worked over the area on Friday and it was SCREAMING at me all weekend. To put it in perspective, anytime I picked up something where I had to grip with my right hand, I was in pain and not just a little, a lot. The muscles were terribly inflamed and it took 6 Aleve a day to keep it from driving me crazy. Today it is a little better but man it is far from tolerable; I see him tomorrow and will have a talk about overworking the problem. he works on lots of football players for the Texans and I am not as big or dense as those guys so he needs to be WAY less aggressive on me it seems. Chest and tris will be the test for it today that is for sure. I am going to try and ice it at work once or twice if I can get a little bag to fill and put on it while I work.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1, thanks for that I will go look for it today at lunch and 2, you know I am all over that log.

Guys I am sorry for the delays I was busy this weekend having fun; tough job I know. Between the concert on Friday, pool party Saturday and football Sunday, I am done! Time to get rocking this week though the elbow is worrying me some. The ART doc that I see really, really worked over the area on Friday and it was SCREAMING at me all weekend. To put it in perspective, anytime I picked up something where I had to grip with my right hand, I was in pain and not just a little, a lot. The muscles were terribly inflamed and it took 6 Aleve a day to keep it from driving me crazy. Today it is a little better but man it is far from tolerable; I see him tomorrow and will have a talk about overworking the problem. he works on lots of football players for the Texans and I am not as big or dense as those guys so he needs to be WAY less aggressive on me it seems. Chest and tris will be the test for it today that is for sure. I am going to try and ice it at work once or twice if I can get a little bag to fill and put on it while I work.
Hope it feels better man. Yea I know what your saying about being busy life has been out of control lately with work and my twins. Let us know how the chest workout goes.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope it feels better man. Yea I know what your saying about being busy life has been out of control lately with work and my twins. Let us know how the chest workout goes.
I am hoping that it goes well though my grip is not great today. The good news with chest is I can do bar work once I am warmed up which is not near as uncomfortable on it. Never had this problem before, it seriously sucks and now I know why people say tennis elbow is very unpleasant (it is!).

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah tennis elbow sucks. Put the skelly balm on it as soon as you finish and put on at least twice a day. Ice it if you can also. We tend to forget to use ice quite a bite even when we know we should. Well at least I do.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you dont have that skelly balm Chris is talking about get some tiger balm. And if you dont have a strap for your elbow I will let you borrow mine. Just let me know so the next time I see Chris i can get it to him.

Also on a side note. I have been dealing with a contractor on getting a certain type of A/C system in the gym. If they like the pricing you should have it in a few weeks. Assuming the gym has the funds for it.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you dont have that skelly balm Chris is talking about get some tiger balm. And if you dont have a strap for your elbow I will let you borrow mine. Just let me know so the next time I see Chris i can get it to him.

Also on a side note. I have been dealing with a contractor on getting a certain type of A/C system in the gym. If they like the pricing you should have it in a few weeks. Assuming the gym has the funds for it.
Really now... I have heard Ryan talk about it but it depends on the investor coming through from what I hear. I hope it does, this week is sucking with the heat back near 100 again, wtf!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys just a heads up since I have 6 weeks left and I really want to see some changes, I moved to an HST workout so I can add in 2-3 days of cardio. Yesterday went well and here are the exercises I did, not going to chronicle the weights everyday as it is really tedious.

Exercises:
BB Squats
Flat DB Bench
Overhead rope Ext
Wide Grip Lats
Preacher curls
Machine Military Press

Doing 15 reps was hard but actually I finally had a good workout for the first time in a while. Crazy sweating and pump last night, could have been the two AT-2 I took yesterday afternoon to deal with the hunger from Anabeta. Today I am going to do cardio at Metroflex, some sled drags, maybe some pushes then get on the treadmill for 15-20 minutes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Guys just a heads up since I have 6 weeks left and I really want to see some changes, I moved to an HST workout so I can add in 2-3 days of cardio. Yesterday went well and here are the exercises I did, not going to chronicle the weights everyday as it is really tedious.

Exercises:
BB Squats
Flat DB Bench
Overhead rope Ext
Wide Grip Lats
Preacher curls
Machine Military Press

Doing 15 reps was hard but actually I finally had a good workout for the first time in a while. Crazy sweating and pump last night, could have been the two AT-2 I took yesterday afternoon to deal with the hunger from Anabeta. Today I am going to do cardio at Metroflex, some sled drags, maybe some pushes then get on the treadmill for 15-20 minutes.
no doubt, at-2 will have you sweating.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice brother!! I know what you mean on Anabeta and Hunger. I felt like I wanted to eat whole chickens every day I was on beta!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice brother!! I know what you mean on Anabeta and Hunger. I felt like I wanted to eat whole chickens every day I was on beta!!
Yeh I'm battling that animal in AnaBeta right now :food:

Sucks on my burn days to stay at under 2k

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabeta is great but man it is a pain on those cardio days, I am not sure if it is doing a lot for me or not to be honest. Most herbals seem to be rare that they do much anymore; it could just be in my head though.

Yesterday I did 30~ minutes on the treadmill, high incline and 3 mph or higher the whole time, I was sweating like crazy which is great. Today is going to be my workout B for HST. I have found that having 2 workouts that you switch off is more enjoyable and my body likes to hit the muscles at different angles. Also, I don't think there is one exercise for each muscle group that is just right for 6 weeks and 18 workouts; I could be wrong but this method has worked in the past so let's see how it works now.

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
Anabeta is great but man it is a pain on those cardio days, I am not sure if it is doing a lot for me or not to be honest. Most herbals seem to be rare that they do much anymore; it could just be in my head though.

Yesterday I did 30~ minutes on the treadmill, high incline and 3 mph or higher the whole time, I was sweating like crazy which is great. Today is going to be my workout B for HST. I have found that having 2 workouts that you switch off is more enjoyable and my body likes to hit the muscles at different angles. Also, I don't think there is one exercise for each muscle group that is just right for 6 weeks and 18 workouts; I could be wrong but this method has worked in the past so let's see how it works now.

you go boy!! :)

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards

you go boy!! :)

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit up day two of HST, man I forgot how much I hate the first two weeks of 15s. I thought today was a going to be easier than the workout 1 I have, uh no! I was dripping sweat, had insane pumps of my shoulders and was short of breath for half of it. I call that a success when it comes to HST considering I was done in 35 minutes. Will post my exercises in the morning, going to get back to this movie I am watching.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man HST is pretty intense. Hard to stay on track with that for me. I get all bored and start letting my mind wander lol.

Good job in tackling the first week though. That's the hardest for me cause I like heavy weights lol.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah not fond of 15's....