Dosing AA at 1.5 g Per Day

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
With Bulk XF out i plan to kick my dose up from 1 g to 1.5 g (6 caps worth) per day from the 7th week on. In trying to come up with the best protocal I thought up 3 different scenarios.

1. 500 mg of AA at Meal 1 (PreWo), 2 (PostWO Meal), and 6 Last Meal of the day. This would obviously be optimal if AA was absorded better in larger doses.

2. 250 mg at all 6 Meals. If the opposite is true and AA is absorded best in smaller doses and oxidized in larger doses this would be the protocal of choice.

3. 500 mg either with either Pre or Post WO meal and 250 with 4 other meals. Similar reasononing expect taking into consideration the idea that AA is utilized my the muscles better around WO (I think it was recommended at 500mg Pre for a while but i could be wrong.)

The quesion is which of these protocals would allow for the best absordtion and availability based on how the mechanisms of AA function?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
just to let you know, 10g = 1g of AA for BAA. 500g = 1g per day for 50 days. I dont see how you can really mega dose it unless you bought more. Just letting you know.

BAA = reg AA in caps. I don't think it matters how you take it but Ive heard you get an extra kick out of taking it Pre-workout. I would spread it out try 250g spread out 4 times.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
The only difference is if you take 2 caps pre wo. The rest, you just spread thourough the day, doesn't matter if it's with or without food. Hope this helps.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
just to let you know, 10g = 1g of AA for BAA. 500g = 1g per day for 50 days. I dont see how you can really mega dose it unless you bought more. Just letting you know.

BAA = reg AA in caps. I don't think it matters how you take it but Ive heard you get an extra kick out of taking it Pre-workout. I would spread it out try 250g spread out 4 times.
I now I'm only counting the actual AA conent (so when I say 250 mg I mean 1 cap or 2.5g powder). I already had 2 bottle that I have been running and I just got 500g of the powder today :D.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
The only difference is if you take 2 caps pre wo. The rest, you just spread thourough the day, doesn't matter if it's with or without food. Hope this helps.
So at 6 caps per day your suggestion would be 2 cap Meal 1 (Pre) and then 1 cap at 4 other meals/times during the day? Just making sure I got what your saying.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
So at 6 caps per day your suggestion would be 2 cap Meal 1 (Pre) and then 1 cap at 4 other meals/times during the day? Just making sure I got what your saying.
Exactly! Enjoy!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer the 5 grams at a time, several times a day.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
I prefer the 5 grams at a time, several times a day.
Interesting you feel you get better absorbtion that way or are you just taking that much at once to get the dose you want :D

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting you feel you get better absorbtion that way or are you just taking that much at once to get the dose you want :D
5 grams, 4 times per day....just kind of works out that way but I can already feel more soreness.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to note that it is probably best to take AA with food. It prevents nasty AA burps and might improve absorption.

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
I'd like to note that it is probably best to take AA with food. It prevents nasty AA burps and might improve absorption.
Thanks for the input, alwasy appreciated. I've been just shooting the powder riht before meals for easy dosing.

getbustered

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for the input, alwasy appreciated. I've been just shooting the powder riht before meals for easy dosing.

I like to include a dose pre- AND post-workout. When dosing the standard 1g per day, I just do 1 cap breakfast, 1 cap lunchish, and 1 cap pre and post.

You could either spread out all 6 and include one pre and post, or you could make the pre and post doses larger.