Dmz/stano/trest log

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not good for big drop sets though. It actually limited my reps bc I felt overheated.
You may feel overheated but Beta-alanine is actually great for drop sets in terms of stamina / recovery.

Straight from the write-up:

-Beta-alanine increases muscle carnosine content which better outputs performance in exercises that range between 1-2 minutes. Beta-alanine has the capacity for users to push that extra rep or two and increase both your peak and mean power output tremendously, whether you’re a bodybuilder or an endurance athlete.

-Research shows that during high intensity interval training Beta-Alanine increases strength, power, endurance, speed, and also reduces neuromuscular fatigue which enhances the users ability to recover. Beta-Alanine has also been shown to increase lean muscle mass.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Yeah it was nice! I've really been into the mentzer/yates one set method, I think it works great! It's ideal for training less often cuz you are DESTROYED after each workout.
Do you believe mike used to wait a week or better between sessions? I see the theory behind it, but not to sure he really followed that.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Yeah it was nice! I've really been into the mentzer/yates one set method, I think it works great! It's ideal for training less often cuz you are DESTROYED after each workout.
Got a question for you.

Have you ever been out for injuries etc

The reason I ask is because I'm 5"11 @ 230 and my lifts fall short compared to yours obviously. You've got some weight on me and less bf%.
But I've had a shoulder impingement issue previously, I believe that's what it was. Trained on and off for about 12 years, haven't ran nearly any many cycles as you though.

Just wondering what you contribute your strength from, cycles, football, injury free or all of the above really? Was kind of just curious to see or if you have a good variety in your routines that keeps you from hitting a sticking point.

Mystere3

Awards
I've had a lot of injuries. I broke my right humerus, tore my right pec 3 times, and have a partially torn right labrum and cuff. Most of the injuries are football related except the pec tears.

I'm probably 95% recovered from the injuries, though. Growth hormone helped a lot.

I also have a bunch of lower extremity injuries.

As far as why I'm strong, I've lifted for a long time, I used to be a powerlifter and obviously have a lot of experience lifting from football so I had a good strength base early. I also focus on and have ideal form on all my lifts. I stop sets when reps are less than 100% ideal form wise. That's probably giving up some gains but it's safer.

Got a question for you.

Have you ever been out for injuries etc

The reason I ask is because I'm 5"11 @ 230 and my lifts fall short compared to yours obviously. You've got some weight on me and less bf%.
But I've had a shoulder impingement issue previously, I believe that's what it was. Trained on and off for about 12 years, haven't ran nearly any many cycles as you though.

Just wondering what you contribute your strength from, cycles, football, injury free or all of the above really? Was kind of just curious to see or if you have a good variety in your routines that keeps you from hitting a sticking point.

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the answer bro.

When it comes to strength, I'd like to think I'm pretty strong, but for my weight I should be stronger. I try to use the smith machine every so often to build up strength on certain moves cause I feel like it really helps. I'll go rep out 405 on the smith bench and then when I go to the free bench everything seems so much lighter so I knock em out easier. However, between 405-455 on the smith feels the same lol so idk.

You got me thinking about Mike M again and his training style, I'm gunna have to dig up my old books and check him out again and Kai"s style.

Mystere3

Awards
I'm not powerlifting anymore so I don't care much about strength (although it'd be fun to rep out 200 lb dbs). I think increasing the intensity of your workouts helps a lot.

Thanks for the answer bro.

When it comes to strength, I'd like to think I'm pretty strong, but for my weight I should be stronger. I try to use the smith machine every so often to build up strength on certain moves cause I feel like it really helps. I'll go rep out 405 on the smith bench and then when I go to the free bench everything seems so much lighter so I knock em out easier. However, between 405-455 on the smith feels the same lol so idk.

You got me thinking about Mike M again and his training style, I'm gunna have to dig up my old books and check him out again and Kai"s style.

Mystere3

Awards
Weight 237.2, down 1.8 lb again. I had a lot of calories yesterday including decent carbs. Had a piece of cake for dessert and a pre-workout pastry. Happy with cut results, though.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Damn you're cutting quickly! But it seems to be all fat!

You played college football if im correct, what age did you start steroids?
Jw because its a completely different story when you're talking about college athletes IMO.

Mystere3

Awards
Damn you're cutting quickly! But it seems to be all fat!

You played college football if im correct, what age did you start steroids?
Jw because its a completely different story when you're talking about college athletes IMO.
18. If not every d1 player is using, the vast majority is, even kickers/punters.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
That would make sense. I know I would to! It's a whole new ball game when you're talking D1 players

Mystere3

Awards
Quick but intense workout today.

I just did chest yesterday so no presses besides the light ones after skulls today, still did surprisingly well on tris, given the circumstances. That being said yesterday's workout mostly hit chest which shows I'm using good form.

Bicep curl "21s" (Olympic bar with 135)
7 top half, 7 full, 7 bottom half, 11 more full. (PR reps)

Skulls with 135 drop set to close grip presses. 135 x 21, presses x 19 (PR)

Drop set incline hammer curls:
70 x 8 full, 4 half reps, 60 x 6 full, 50 x 8 full, 4 half (almost puked from overheating)

Overhead two hand tricep db press drop sets 130 x 16, 110 x 8, 90 x 8

Quad giant set 50 lb db
8 x conc curl, 8 x reverse curl, 8 x curl, 8 x cross body hammer

High one arm cable curl drop set 80 x 8, 60 x 8, 40 x 15

Tricep pushdown drop set:
200 x 16 (pull apart) x 8 (straight doen) 150 x 12 (pull apart) x 7 (down)
100 x 10 (pull apart) x 5 (down)

Ridic pump

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight 237.4 today. Rest day, pretty sore.
3 rest days? I though u r gonna push it through
Thursday Friday n Saturday! Lol...jk, jk.....
U gotta listen to your body I guess...................
;)

Mystere3

Awards
I'm doing about a 4 day split these days. With the HIT you need a bit more rest, esp off.

3 rest days? I though u r gonna push it through
Thursday Friday n Saturday! Lol...jk, jk.....
U gotta listen to your body I guess...................
;)

Mystere3

Awards
Did a bunch of walking for LISS today, like 8 mi. Stuck to macros pretty well. Tomm will do a quick shoulder workout in the AM.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did a bunch of walking for LISS today, like 8 mi. Stuck to macros pretty well. Tomm will do a quick shoulder workout in the AM.
So u should b around 236.9 ish tomorrow?
Lol....
;)

Mystere3

Awards
Weight 237.4

Short but sweet workout:

Db shoulder press drop set:
125 x 11, 100 x 9, 75 x 13

Db lateral raise drop set:
75 x 8, 60 x 12, 50 x 8, 40 x 8, 30 x 11

Military press drop set:
285 x 8, 235 x 11, 185 x 10, 135 x 11

Rear delt pec deck 120 x 20

Shrug machine drop set: 450 x 20, 360 x 12, 270 x 8, 180 x 20

Hammer strength shoulder press: 360 x 15, 270 x 15, 180 x 12

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weight 237.4 Short but sweet workout: Db shoulder press drop set: 125 x 11, 100 x 9, 75 x 13 Db lateral raise drop set: 75 x 8, 60 x 12, 50 x 8, 40 x 8, 30 x 11 Military press drop set: 285 x 8, 235 x 11, 185 x 10, 135 x 11 Rear delt pec deck 120 x 20 Shrug machine drop set: 450 x 20, 360 x 12, 270 x 8, 180 x 20 Hammer strength shoulder press: 360 x 15, 270 x 15, 180 x 12
I'm beginning to think that you are Ronnie Coleman.

BlumpkinKing

BlumpkinKing

Awards
Did you have a preference on which trest you used ? Olympus or celtic . You used both didn't you ?

Mystere3

Awards
I'm getting reasonable energy with conqu3r. Today I was working out alone so I felt like my rest intervals weren't enough, though.

Mystere3

Awards
No weight today; in Las Vegas so no scale.

Got a pretty good arm workout at the hotel gym today: weights were light though, I built intensity with rest pause and smaller drops.

"21s" with 90 lb ez curl bar:

10 top half, 10 full, 10 bottom half, 15 full.

Skulls to close grip press with 90 lb ez curl bar: 34 reps to 31 reps of press.

Incline hammer drop set:

70 x 8 full 4 half, 60 x 6 full, 50 x 8 full, 4 half

Overhead db press rest pause (15 sec)
80 x 30, 14

Quad set: 50 lb conc curl x 8, reverse curl x 8, full curl x 8, cross body hammer x 8

Cgbp rest pause:

315 x 18, 9

Preacher curl rest pause:
90 x 22, 13

Tricep pushdown:

200 x 15 apart, 6 down, 150 x 12 apart, 7 down.

Not bad for hotel gym!

Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
No kidding, I travel all the time for work and I've never been lucky enough to get a hotel with a gym like that. I'm gunna have to bump up my expense $$ lol

Mystere3

Awards
Vegas hotels generally have very good gyms. I have a LA fitness membership so if I care enough I could go there but I don't.

Mystere3

Awards
Quick hotel workout:

Shrug drop set:

495 x 12, 405 x 8, 315 x 12

Db Shrug rest pause: 80 x 20, 12 with 3 sec holds.

Cable rows 300 x 20 x 2

Db lateral raises 50 x 20 x 2

Rear delt pec deck 130 x 20 x 2

Rear delt on incline bench 30 x 20 x 2

Bent over bb rows 315 x 20 x 2

One arm db rows 80 x 20 x 2

Mystere3

Awards
Celtic.

Weight 240.0 today; up a bit, this was sort of a cheat wknd, although I generally are pretty well; had a few desserts though. Worked out both days in Vegas.

Chest later tonight.

Mystere3

Awards
Kind of a sh1t workout today:

Was tired, took a couple naps today but it didn't really help me get back up to speed. I also was carb deficient; I was trying to get back on track and probably should have carbed up a bit better, only had 3 glasses of skim milk and yogurt today prior to my workout. Also I was a bit too aggressive with the weight. That being said it wasn't a complete waste even though reps were low. The last set was nice, at least the first part.

Bench press:
135 x 8
225 x 8
365 x 3
385 x 3
425 x 4 (ugh)

Db incline drop set, no rest.
160 x 6
140 x 8
120 x 8

Db flat drop set no rest
150 x 8
130 x 6
110 x 11

Hammer strength incline press drop set:
380 x 16 (pr)
290 x 6
200 x 6
(Just done at this pt)

Ugh

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still a great workout. Great dedication, especially being on vacay. :)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Memorial Day weekend?
Oh lol. Where did you stay? Was it crazy? I stayed at the Cosmo and Caesars when I went. It was gorgeous! I'll probably stay there again when I go in a few weeks.

Mystere3

Awards
Yeah it was insane. Like completely ridic. It was 105 or so and everyone was hammered. People were passed out everywhere.

We stayed at the Venetian.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it was insane. Like completely ridic. It was 105 or so and everyone was hammered. People were passed out everywhere. We stayed at the Venetian.
Beautiful hotel!
Man, the last time I went was in sept and it was hot as hell and crowded as hell. We stayed for 5 days and that was too much. Next time I go, it'll only be for 2 nights.

Mystere3

Awards
Yeah we go a lot but only for the weekend. It's an easy drive or flight from here.

I normally stay at aria. I spent a lot of yesterday in the spa getting a massage and sitting in the hot tub trying to get my back right, right rear delt has been bothering me. It's better now though.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah we go a lot but only for the weekend. It's an easy drive or flight from here. I normally stay at aria. I spent a lot of yesterday in the spa getting a massage and sitting in the hot tub trying to get my back right, right rear delt has been bothering me. It's better now though.
That's good! I only go when I can find cheap flights. $100 round trip. :D

That's good that your back feels better! :D my mom gives me deep tissue massages and I freaking hate them.

Mystere3

Awards
It's hard for me to get massages; my traps/delts are too big for most ppl to work on, I need to get a sports med oriented masseuse or at least one who's very strong.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's hard for me to get massages; my traps/delts are too big for most ppl to work on, I need to get a sports med oriented masseuse or at least one who's very strong.
My friend is finishing up his masseuse license and he's a BB down in L.A. :D

Mystere3

Awards
I'm good for here, it's just on vacation when it's an issue haha

Mystere3

Awards
Weight 237.0 today (-4.2) lol water weight came off all at once.

Rest day today; right shoulder is a lil sore. No more bench till next week.

Nutrition was ok today.

Yogurt, milk, shake, proats, 2 chicken breasts, 8 oz beef, salad, sweet potato, orange slices.

Mystere3

Awards
Weight 234.4 (-2.6)

That's probably the remainder of the vacation water weight haha

Back today.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Peppers

Peppers

Banned
Awards
So your lighter now than the start of the cycle?

But the overall bf% is still lower obviously correct?

Mystere3

Awards
So your lighter now than the start of the cycle?

But the overall bf% is still lower obviously correct?
I started at about 232, so not quite yet.

Bf is about 10-11% now, prolly 4% drop from cycle start.

I cut pretty fast so this isn't unusual; if just looks crazy bc of the carb refeed over the weekend. I was 237 before the weekend so it's only a 3 lb drop in about a week.

With lots of stims and low carb diet I usually cut about 1-2 lb a week without losing much muscle with osta.

I'll prolly lose a bit of muscle through the course of the cut but it's fine.

I think I gained about 5-6 lb of muscle on the cycle and dropped 3-4 lb of fat, with a ton of water and muscle glycogen gained. I was up 13 lb despite keeping cals at maintainance so you have to assume most of those gains are muscle glycogen or water.

Mystere3

Awards
There are too many factors to take into account really. I generally assume the maximum sustainable muscle you'll gain from a cycle is about 2 lb a week. That's a pretty good guide. As far as the water and glycogen goes it's compound dependent.

Eating more will definitely maximize muscle gains.