Delta Force is in search of "The One" Holly Grail

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
very nice workouts. i agree about the kids too. wish there was a waterslide park close by.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...Wow, big jump on weight while maintaining the same bf% thats impressive and I'm very happy to see this...
Definitely :)

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
to saddest thing is that muscle is very hard to put on and evaporates too easily... are you starting a cycle now?
Yep, just had a damn cold. Caught it from the girlfriend and kids. I just started, not too far into it. All good now and I put all my weight back on, so now I'm gettin the ball rollin'! My strength has gone up pretty nicely. Maybe I should hijack your thread with my own log. Jk, but I'm glad your cycles going so well!

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
Nice work DF, I will be in hospital for about a week, wife is having baby today!!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Nice work DF, I will be in hospital for about a week, wife is having baby today!!
Congratulations your day has finally arrived... I've added a note on the prayer thread here so you'll be in our thoughts!

Let us know how it goes, buddy!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
here's my quick update for today, I made to the gym at my usual time 5am, did worked out legs and had a great time working out, I was sweating a lot from the beginning... anyhow, I did not have a chance to make my usual update at work during lunch b/c i did not bring my lunch box and went out, later i got home late with lots of things to do, tomorrow is my off day and i will enter todays entry!

cheers,

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, just popping in to tell you all went great, and Lilly Temperance Vincenzo arrived at 11:10 am yesterday morning. Thank you all for the kind words, and I will be in touch soon.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys, just popping in to tell you all went great, and Lilly Temperance Vincenzo arrived at 11:10 am yesterday morning. Thank you all for the kind words, and I will be in touch soon.
Congratulations! And tonnes of fun and best wishes to Lilly and mother! :thumbsup: And to you, of course! :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
here's my quick update for today, I made to the gym at my usual time 5am, did worked out legs and had a great time working out, I was sweating a lot from the beginning... anyhow, I did not have a chance to make my usual update at work during lunch b/c i did not bring my lunch box and went out, later i got home late with lots of things to do, tomorrow is my off day and i will enter todays entry!

cheers,
All I heard was blah blah blah, didn't even want to give us some squat highlights? Unacceptable. Awaiting leg day update.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well.. yeah... I am a sinner... but I have the weather to blame :D and these season passes to the water park, the kids love it there and I'm trying to teach them to swim so they can be safe around water!
Don't worry, I make you look like an angel :shocked1: Been 3 weeks now, getting my butt off to the gym this afternoon. Now that I'm home I have time to follow some logs. Let's see some big gains :)

Treasure her, and congrats :)

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
Awwwww Congrats ded!!!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
thats great news, I'm happy to hear it... I know you guys waited a long time for this day, specially with events like these even under normal circumstances its always worrisome... I'm glad to see there was a very happy ending! :fing02:

How long was the delivery? did you cut the umbilical cord?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
All I heard was blah blah blah, didn't even want to give us some squat highlights? Unacceptable. Awaiting leg day update.
LOL... thats all I could muster last night.. I was drained.. i will post my update shortly... there were some notable highlights from yesterdays workout!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Don't worry, I make you look like an angel :shocked1: Been 3 weeks now, getting my butt off to the gym this afternoon. Now that I'm home I have time to follow some logs. Let's see some big gains :)

Treasure her, and congrats :)
welcome back from your trip.... how was it being away for so long?

haha... I'm glad someone is making me look a little better here, this morning has been brutal :drillsergeant:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Day 10
Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stats Up on waking:
W: 194.6 (+4.2)
BP 115/77

Diet:
Cals: 3,560
Fat (g): 482.7
Carbs (g): 403.5
Prot (g): 204.4

Narrative:
Got up early as usual and checked my weight, happy to see my new max weigh has held over the past 2 days, but it may not stick my diet was ****ty today, I did not pack lunch and ended up grabbing a subway sandwich that keep me full through the nigh, I even skipped dinner and only had a protein drink.

workout was great though, I made a change on my routine by doing leg extensions first as a warm up before going in to do the heavy lifts and I like it very much, when it was time to do squats I did hack squats instead and did an extra set with max weight, now I know i can go heavier next time, the best part and the highlight of this workout came during leg presses i did an extra set using the max weight again for a total of 30 reps with 2 plates, i was pumped after that :thumbsup:

When it was time to do my next exercise lying leg curl the machine i used was taken so i used a different one I ended up pulling my right leg hamstring, it did not hurt bad at the time but then it bother me all day, I already have a bad arm I sure don't need a bad leg on top of that :afro:

Training: Quads & Hamstrings
Warm Up for 5 minutes on treadmill
Quads
Leg Extension 10x60 10x60 10x60 10x60
Hack Squats 10x70's 10x95's 12x120's 12x120's
Leg Press 12x180's 15x225's 15x270's 15x270's 15x225's
Hamstrings
Lying Leg Curl 12x80 12x90 10x90
Barbell Lunges 10x30's 10x40's 10x50's
Seated Leg Curls 15x165 15x180 15x180

Body composition: noticing changes here
Increased vascularity: no vascularity increase yet!
Increased strength: my strength is noticeably up
Mood-enhancing effect: Mood has been uplifted
Overall hardening effect to physique: no signs here yet

This is how I felt over night!

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb Pulse 1994 (Live)

BTW, i saw this show twice in 94 when they played in Oakland, one show happen to be on my BD

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
another injury? bleh.
this one should pass by much quicker gaging from how I'm felling today, the good part (if there's such thing) I was not handling heavy weights when I pulled it I was just going for extra reps!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Day 11
Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Stats Up on waking:
W: 193.4 (+3)
BP 106/71

Diet:
Will update tonight
Cals: 3,900
Fat (g): 130.7
Carbs (g): 321.4
Prot (g): 212.9

Narrative:
My weight dropped as expected from my crappy diet and the fact I skipped diner, today I brought my lunch will try to keep my diet clean just the way I like it.

My leg is feeling better, I don't notice much pain when walking which is good, yesterday 3 hours after my workout was limping a bit so i could avoid putting more pressure on it.

Tomorrow I'll be doing shoulders and traps then followed by chest and tris on Friday, its looking like I will go camping this Friday and return on Sunday, I will get my workout done on Friday morning before heading out then eat lots of good food and return to the gym Monday morning. I will be w/o internet connection for that time being!

Same updates below this point still apply!

Increased vascularity:this will happen later on, I'm hopping!
Mood-enhancing effect: mood has been uplifted
Overall hardening effect to physique: effect on physique is becoming noticeable, hardening not yet

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Any Metallica fans in here? I came across some incredible live shows torrents last night, some crazy guy uploaded over 1100 live shows dated back from 1982 and grouped by each year, I didn't even know they were around since that far back... but this is a super cool list of shows... recently I like to listen to their live collection in the gym. Anyhow, if anyone is interested pm me with your email address, I'll zip the torrents and email them to you!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BTW, i saw this show twice in 94 when they played in Oakland, one show happen to be on my BD
I was at one of those Floyd shows, and I remember it getting really cold. Being a newbie to northern California at the time, I wasn't prepared for that... so I just drank my weight in $8 beers. :lol:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
yep, recovery is quicker on anabolics - even strained/pulled muscles.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Show us these huge gains bro!...gotta keep the diet prime for this run:) how ya feeling man?

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I was at one of those Floyd shows, and I remember it getting really cold. Being a newbie to northern California at the time, I wasn't prepared for that... so I just drank my weight in $8 beers. :lol:
I remember those concerts very well, Pink Floyd first came around in my time to the Bay Area in 88, it was the first live show I had ever seen.. then they came back in 94, this time in late April and sure was a good BD present, I had tickets for 2 shows, it sure was a great psychedelic experience :afro:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
yep, recovery is quicker on anabolics - even strained/pulled muscles.
you're right about that, my recovery times are much better recently, actually from the start of this cycle I noticed, and now I can tell it even helps with strained and pulled muscles as well :147:

Show us these huge gains bro!...gotta keep the diet prime for this run:) how ya feeling man?
I was up 4lbs by day 9, I need to keep my diet in check/clean and more gains will follow my friend!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
strength going up? Awesome!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
metallica has been around forever. i think 1979 was when "kill em all" came out. they wanted to name the album "metal up your a$$" but the record companies didn't like that, so they named it "kill em all" for what they wanted to do to the record producers :)

there's a restaurant in san francisco called "tommy's joint", that they used to go to after doing shows way back in the day, and occasionally still go to, though much rarer nowdays.

better send me that email brotha, especially if a song called "blitzkrieg" is on there :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
welcome back from your trip.... how was it being away for so long?

haha... I'm glad someone is making me look a little better here, this morning has been brutal :drillsergeant:
Heh I checked back, but we were already deep into page 5 and I missed this ;)

DOMS is brutal this morning, however doing Squats+Deads+PowerCleans+Bench isn't really starting slow lol. Feels good to be sore again though :)

Going back to do Bi's , Tri's, and whatever still moves then some long cardio. Got a few pounds of gelato to work off :D

Have a good weekend camping; perhaps do some Pullups and Pushups if you really want to keep pushing you body, but recovery might be in order.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
metallica has been around forever. i think 1979 was when "kill em all" came out. they wanted to name the album "metal up your a$$" but the record companies didn't like that, so they named it "kill em all" for what they wanted to do to the record producers :)

there's a restaurant in san francisco called "tommy's joint", that they used to go to after doing shows way back in the day, and occasionally still go to, though much rarer nowdays.

better send me that email brotha, especially if a song called "blitzkrieg" is on there :)
I'm not the biggest historian buff on Metallica but as this story as I know it goes that the band originated in 1981 in LA area with original members James, Lars, Kirk and Dave Mustaine, they later kicked out Dave for drinking too much or what ever and sought off to get Cliff Burton to replace Dave but Cliff was only interested if they moved to the Bay Area, ever since then they've been located in BA.

In their day view album they wanted to named "Metal up Your Ass" but the record comp would not accept it, then they change it to "Fack 'Em All" but record comp refuse it so they settled for "Kill 'Em All".

Anyhow, wikipedia has a good write on them, for sure they're the best band out there with no one even close! Good to know about "tommy's joint" I'll have to look it up and stop by there!

Check your inbox, email sent... I'm sure they've played "blitzkrieg" at least once in their 1100 live shows but you might have to hunt it down!

Enjoy!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
strength going up? Awesome!
For sure, strength has been going up noticeably.. I should be raising the weights at a faster pace from here on out

Heh I checked back, but we were already deep into page 5 and I missed this ;)

DOMS is brutal this morning, however doing Squats+Deads+PowerCleans+Bench isn't really starting slow lol. Feels good to be sore again though :)

Going back to do Bi's , Tri's, and whatever still moves then some long cardio. Got a few pounds of gelato to work off :D

Have a good weekend camping; perhaps do some Pullups and Pushups if you really want to keep pushing you body, but recovery might be in order.
You gotta love those DOMS after a long break, I know I do :D

I think I'l be doing some push ups with my little ones laying on my back! :147:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Day 12
Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stats Up on waking:
W: 196 (+4.6)
BP 122/75

Diet:
These will be updated tonight
Cals: 3,818
Fat (g): 108.1
Carbs (g): 476.6
Prot (g): 232.8

Narrative:
Good thing I'm running this cycle right b/c I'm dedicated to it otherwise I would not make it to the gym this morning, I got less than 5 hours of sleep last night, got up at 4:20am and dragged my a$$ to the gym in auto pilot, I was not awake till the my second set :)

But on the good side 12 days into this cycle and I'm already up near 5lbs while maintaining the same bf%, I have to say I'm very impressed b/c with those results so far, this is greater results than I got from my epi cycle in March but I know that the diet is a big contributor to this outcome. But I also feel that strength wise I still have more coming, In todays workout I was less bothered with my arm than the last time, this is great b/c now I can start moving harder.

Today I noticed some separation on my arms, I can see nice definition between my biceps and triceps, once my arms get pumped I could see these in the mirror and I like it!

Tomorrow I'll be doing chest and triceps before heading out for camping, I might not be able to make my update depending on how early we head out, I'm not going too far and I will bring tones of food. Sunday I'll return and Monday I'll be doing back and biceps. Next week I will try to w/o an extra day or 2.

Training: Shoulders & Traps
Shoulders
Dumbbell Presses 12x35 12x40 12x40
Shoulder Press 10x25's 10x35's 10x40's
Lateral Deltoid Raises 10x25 10x25 10x25
Reverse Peck Deck 10x70 10x80 10x90
Single Arm Deltoid Raises 10x20 10x20 10x25 10x25
Cable Rear Lateral Raises 10x20 10x30 10x30 10x30
Machine Shoulder Press 12x90 10x100 10x110 10x120
Traps
Dumbell Shrugs 20x45 20x45 20x45

Body composition: noticing biceps and triceps separations
Increased vascularity: no vascularity yet
Increased strength: I'm looking fir greater strength now that my arm is better
Mood-enhancing effect: Good mood always
Overall hardening effect to physique: Noticing some hardness on my arms and calf's

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I am happy with my 2 week results as well! Glad to see you are enjoying it.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I am happy with my 2 week results as well! Glad to see you are enjoying it.
yup. I'm very impressed and happy so far... how's the one treating you? what sort of gains have you made in strength and weight?

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
yup. I'm very impressed and happy so far... how's the one treating you? what sort of gains have you made in strength and weight?
I have gained 7lbs in 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago on bench I could only do 225 x 6 for the first set. Granted I have been dieting and losing strength, but Monday I did a set of 225 x 10 then 6 then 4 and 2. I feel like I have definate size gains and seem to be leaning out. The best part is I have had no sides except a little acne. I checked blood pressure yesterday and was 121/69 which is great because Tren had it at 160/80+. Also no back pumps 2 weeks in and I am suseptible to those.

I hope this is the start and it gets better week 3 and 4.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
up 5lbs and same bf%..nice work ed! add that muscle on brotha! really seems like this is working very well for you.. Its always great to see the changes in the mirror. enjoy the camping trip, DONT GET LOST! hahaha

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
rock on

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Any day now DF is gonna 'splode and look like Dutch from Predator. :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keeping this up! DF is going to be a Mad Man in the woods! hahahaha

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
W\o are looking great bro, I guess this compound is treating you well!! I myself am working on 4 hours sleep in 5 days, needless to say, havent been to the gym!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just letting everyone know I survived the weekend camping, made back last night and had to unpack our camping gear and clean the car (what a mess)... I had forgotten how much hard work camping really is specially when there's little kids involved, there was no time for rest plus we had some uncivilized drunk neighbors that keep everyone awake till 2am that left us with little sleep too, I wish I had a hunting riffle so I could use them as target practice in the dark :drillsergeant:

I already made it to the gym this morning to resume my training but was wondering what hell I was doing there till my pumps kicked in, I'll do more updates later on today!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you guys are back safe and sound Bro! Vacation over, go kill the weights!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Day 13
Friday, August 14, 2009

Stats Up on waking:
weight before camping
W: 195.4
BP 125/79

Diet:
Diet went off the window b/c of camping, I eat everything I could!
Cals:
Fat (g):
Carbs (g):
Prot (g):

Narrative:
Took my last chance to workout before leaving for camping good thing I went at the usual time I got back home early enough for packing and headed out at noon time.

I kept my lifts same as before, didn't want to kill myself too much simce I was going to have a long day, I was in the gym mainly to get a good pump and that I got!

Training: Chest & Triceps
Chest
Incline Bench Press 12x40's 12x50's 10x60's
SM Bench Press 10x55's 10x65's 10x75's
DB Butterflys 10x30 10x30 10x30
Pec Deck Butterflys 15x150 15x160 15x170 15x180
Triceps
SM Close Grip Bench Press 12x45's 12x45's 12x45's
V Bar Pushdowns 12x140 12x150 12x160 10x150
Overhead cable Extension 12x110 12x120 12x130
Seated Machine Ext. 12x140 12x150 12x160

Increased vascularity:this will happen later on, I'm hopping!
Mood-enhancing effect: mood has been uplifted
Overall hardening effect to physique: effect on physique is becoming noticeable, hardening not yet

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Any day now DF is gonna 'splode and look like Dutch from Predator. :)
In my dreams I am.. every night in my dreams I get bigger and bigger then I wake up to my nightmare of not being so big :afro:

Glad you guys are back safe and sound Bro! Vacation over, go kill the weights!
Thanks bro, we're all safe at home now... It was fun for the kids to run around in the dirt but its a lot of work, more than I cared to remember!

Damn df, call me a genie but I just got your wish granted ;) It's not huge this one, but the other aspects that are brewing are quite interesting !
Damn Steve... You got my full attention, my speculations are mounting... give me more hints :privateeye:

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
looking forward to that weigh in tonight Ed!! looks like you are killing it in the gym

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Day 14
Saturday, August 15, 2009

Camping time... no computers, no access to techonlogy at all no numbers to report, I did not even use my phone, it was just a relaxed day in the wild sitting by the lake watching the kids play and get dirty.

Spent some time hanging out under the tree in my hammock, took a nice nap there and felt great after not sleeping well the night before!

By night time so new campers showed up and set camp near by, damn drunk basters made so much noise, good thing I have a deep sleep.

Day 15
Sunday, August 16, 2009

Still camping, had one of the worst nights in recent memory, my inflated bed had a slow leak, about half way through the night I was laying in the ground with not way to fill it up again, while sleeping with my little one I did not want to move too much else he'd be in the ground as well, still those drunk idiots were making more noise, damn in these tents you can hear everything.

Got up and started packing our stuff before it got too hot, camping is hard work damn it, I remember it used to be fun, I dont know what happen this time around! :afro:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
looking forward to that weigh in tonight Ed!! looks like you are killing it in the gym
thanks bro, I dropped a little weight over the weekend I suppose thats to be expected since I was out of my elements of comfort and diet but I found my strength back this morning when I was working out with little rest and sleep.