Deca/Test Cylce

IronmanH

IronmanH

Awards
Im thinking about starting a Deca/test cycle, I have done a lot research on both but, just need a few pointer on my PCT before I start.
Im weighing about 160lbs and have been going to the gym for a good 3-4 years, recently i'm finding it a lot harder to put on size and strength the last product i used was animal m-stack this helped my gain about 7lbs in three weeks but that was the last time i had any good gains. If you can help me with my problem id appreciate it.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
1) Are you sure you are eating enough to gain? Cuz if you can't eat enough natty, you sure as hell can't eat enough on gear to make gains.
2) Is your training program proper? Or is it overtraining to the extreme? Wrong rep range? Not enough periodization/changes to shock the system?
3) Do you rest enough?
4) Age?

ManBeast

IronmanH

IronmanH

Awards
I think i'm eating correctly, I usually eat four to six meals a day making sure im always intaking enough protein also i get my carbs. At the moment I am also drinking mass tech for the extra calorie boost that i need for mass gains.
I train 3-4 days a week making sure i get sufficient rest, and i try to make an extra anabolic enviroment for sleep by taking animal PM. My rep ranges are between 12-8 and i try not to use the same routine always if i feel my muscle are not working as hard a i need them to i will change up the routine and shock the system. I am 24 years old. At the moment i dont feel as though I am making any dramatic strength gains. Thanks for the post

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
What is "enough" calories? if you aren't putting on weight, it isn't enough....
For most people 12-8 reps is too high for good hypertrophy, try 6-8.

ManBeast

IronmanH

IronmanH

Awards
I aim to intake 3200 through my diet alone and my mass tech shake provides 1000 per servings i usually have one serving a day, on days of hard training like a legs workout day or a back day i take two of these shakes. I will be planning on adjusting my routine to the 6-8 reps. Also do have any advice on the deca/test cycle I have done my research even looked at the link provided below all your posts, the only thing im not 100 percent sure is the PCT, I have researched through this a hell of a lot but just need a few opinons. Thanks again ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Bump the calories to 3500, you sound like a bit of a hardgainer, don't be afraid of simple carbs immediately post workout either. PCT would be done with a SERM and a natty mild AI (competitive AI not suicide) at the least, with a natty test booster if you want. You'll also want to have some stronger AI (suicide type) on hand for if gyno flares up along with nolva or torem (also SERMS) to control it. Give the workout changes a try along with the calories. And make sure you are not over training, it is very easy to do (a lot easier than most realize/admit).

ManBeast

IronmanH

IronmanH

Awards
Yeah I think i'm a hardgainer, m-stak was designed for hardgainers. I was looking for a cycle designed for hardgainers but nothing came up, deca is seen as the best option for me as it has least side effects. There is new routine im thinking about trying which is 50% of max rep for 5 reps, 10 seconds rest and this repeated just thought i might aswell get your view on this seeing as though you've been so helpful. Thanks again

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Eh, I"m not a fan of such strict number games honestly. But 5x5 programs do and have worked, but that's where strength gains start dominating over muscle growth. And that program kinda sounds like a rest-pause, and if that interests you, look into DC (DogCrap) training.

Deca *can* have low sides, but you can still get sides. A straight Test cycle with an oral of your choice to kick it off is even simpler and safer IMHO.

ManBeast

IronmanH

IronmanH

Awards
Cheers do you have any web links i can take a look at, i've looked at a good number just so I know what im getting myself into but i would really appreciate it.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established