Da Guuurly Log (now on AM)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
RYAN!!
lol Been trying to kill it, but my shovel arm seems to be off swing a bit.

The pix are the blogger in me still can't seem to get my site the way I want it.

Went through a bad spell where I leaned on some heavy probs so as not to get all my workouts done. Hate it when that happens, trying to live by the No Excuses motto is hard lol. But I'm getting in some good runs (I really want to hit that 10K hard in February) and will be posting again today. :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
RYAN!!
lol Been trying to kill it, but my shovel arm seems to be off swing a bit.

The pix are the blogger in me still can't seem to get my site the way I want it.

Went through a bad spell where I leaned on some heavy probs so as not to get all my workouts done. Hate it when that happens, trying to live by the No Excuses motto is hard lol. But I'm getting in some good runs (I really want to hit that 10K hard in February) and will be posting again today. :)
Don't sweat it, things ALWAYS will get better so look at it that way!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Tiny! I log over at AX and forgot to get back over here, I've been doing pretty good with my runs

I've recently been very into running again (almost daily) and enjoying myself immensely. Now I've decided to start a program to help me gradually improve my 10k time over the course of the next few months with periodic 10k tests every 8 weeks. I'm starting out in the novice category and combining with 3 days of weight training.

My motivation came with my recent running and the desire to really be faster and have a lot more endurance. All of my goals up until the 10k in February will revolve around this.
10k doesn't seem like a lot to some but it's still my beast to defeat
Who knows maybe someday I'll run a marathon.....or a half marathon? completely possible

Weight training will pretty much follow the new guide that was put up in the training section at AX. I read it and felt it would pair well with what I have in mind although legs are really going to take a beating I'm hoping to ease into it in these first weeks of novice training that are really pretty easy

First week is basically:
Sunday, 3miles
Monday, Strength + Stretch (weight training)
Tuesday 2.5 miles
Wednesday 30min Cross training
Thursday Strength + 2miles (weight training)
Friday Rest
Saturday Strength + 40min Cross training (weight training)

I've tried it out similarly this whole week since Sunday and it really adds up. This is going to be Sweet!

Diet
I'm going to have to tweak my macros here and there and I'll probably have to move away a bit from IF until I'm more comfortable. But I still haven't worked anything definitive here yet and am open to suggestions. Diet is something I rarely comment on and hope to correct that.

Supplementation
AX nuff said lol

No ok really
Creatine
Axcell BCAA
Stimx when needed
Carnobolic (I <3 you Carnobolic)
Lean FX (been off it for awhile)
Fishoil
Multi
and I'm gonna try out our Old School Ramapage

Official Begin Date was Sunday, August 7th 2011

Sunday:
Ran 3 miles

Monday, August 8th, 2011:

Schedule:
10K Training:
Stretch

Weight Training:
Squat 5 x 15
Bench Press 5 x 15
Assisted Pull Ups 5 x 15
Dumbell Curls 5 x 15
Close Grip Bench Press 5 x 15
Abs Weight Machine 5 x 15

Didn't put weight up because it was sort of all over the place while I'm getting used to this set up, in addition to the above, afterwards, I played around with a leg press machine did a few with 150 felt pretty awesome. The gym here at the resort isn't very complete no cable machines for lat pull downs and we did pull ups on the smith machine.
This is going to take some getting used to, since I don't tend to go very high on reps or if I do it's not usually more than 3 or 4 sets. Man did I feel pumped, I kept looking at myself in the mirror thinking i was walking weird or something lol. felt great, worked on my tan and my swimming the rest of the day, Sunday I swam a lot too. I've never been very graceful in the water so Diri is have fun teaching me to swim, The sea was really shook up and I had a great time sputtering and splashing and fighting the current.

Nice isn't it :)
I hope to get more pix, I stole these from my aunt in law

this is a lake we went to on Sunday

Today:
3 mile run so far :)

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
As always, super impressed.

And love the pictures.

Post your 10k times as they improve. Great motivation. ;)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Wow great setup to run and great game plan for running! You should have no problem with improving your time with that layout :D

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Will definitely post my times after each 10k test :) Thanks for stopping by guys, good to see you around Ryan, hope all is well.

Tuesday
Did a 3 mile run , needless to say we had to walk a bit now and again but the goal for now is to always make the distance, and today's schedule actually called for 2.5. We hit the water later for a swim then played volleyball :D

Wednesday we did quite a bit of swimming and walking on the sand for our cross training much more than the 40min scheduled.

Today (Thursday actually)

Thursday, August 11th, 2011
Schedule:
10K Training:
3.4 miles
Weight Training;
Deadlift 5 x 15
Incline Bench Press 5 x 15
Dumbell Curlz 5 x 15
Close Grip B Press 5 x 15
Abs 5 x 15
Notes: We were scheduled for 2 miles and ended up doing 3.4 ran very well and even got in a few all out sprints, just felt like i had a lot of energy to get out. I actually felt the need to sprint lol. Weight training was on point, felt crazy pumped, deads were at 75 + the big bar so it must be more than at home. Should be able to get a decent weight up at a lower rep range.
Just got back from a good swim, but gave in early cause I'm pooped lol.
Got these nice little veins popping in my forearms

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I posted this progress pic over at AX on Thursday I think, I took it at the hotel I stayed in last week

Not where I wanted to be yet but feel and see improvement feeling very very good, very happy with how I'm looking and where I'm going

missed my Saturday weight training but decided to keep on with the program

Monday August 15th 2011

Weight Training:
Squat 5 x 10
Bench Press 5 x 10
Assisted Pull Ups 5 x 5 And I mean assisted! my hubby got a great arms workout helpin me lol
Dumbell Curls 5 x 10
Close Grip Bench Press 5 x 10
Abs 5 x 25 blech

Probably in for some new gym equipment soon woooooo!!!!

Read a line just now from a book I've always enjoyed,
"It's a long road back to Eden, so don't sweat the small stuff"
Insomnia
Stephen King

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
Niiiiice hotel picture. You look fantastic if I may. :)

5 x 5 for pull ups is great, even for most in shape guys. (even if you man had to help lol)

Scary books, movies and anything I don't really get... Who want to be scared? Not I says the anabolic Ryan.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Thanx Ryan :)

Yesterday had a really good 3mile run (5k) felt fantastic, I'm letting myself have more carbs now that I'm training for running and I really felt the energy yesterday.
TOday I believe I have some cross training scheduled, haven't really gotten in a good bought of cross training so lets see what happens.

Scary books I dig them, scary movies not so much lol

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I was scheduled to do cross training, I spent the whole day in the yard, pulling some shrubbery and making a front entry to the porch, planting stuff and moving dirt around so I set up one of my courses that I make up.
Uphill and straight wheel barrow runs with dirt
16" Rim hurdles lol
and flower pot shuttle runs (Like with those orange cones but with flower pots, I run zigzag and bend to touch)
5 or 6 rounds

I caught hubby smiling at me. I asked "What?" he basically said he could see my traps and veins, I asked "So, what do u think" and he gave me a thumbs up and said "Sexy".
very cool.
I mean I do this for me, but I likes the compliments

Today
So I ran 3 again, not exactly all three were running, I'm a little beat up and it was on the road which is a lot tougher for me. Freakin HOT!

weights later

My life in a picture lol

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
I see the little laptop you type on. Lol

Very organized looking desk! :p

Wish I was creative enough to do that type of work out once in a while.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah you should try it sometime, it's great to just make something up to get out of the monotony.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
My weight training was cut short on Thursday, Did Deads and Bench (felt very strong on these) but got cut short on curlz, I had a phone call and when I realized it was pretty serious and was gonna get long I tried doing curlz while on the phone. It worked out ok I just wasn't able to count. I did some abs yesterday morning when I remembered that Thursday was cut short, missed the close grips, but I'll do em today.

Last night I lifted and put back down a few things, mainly these

LOL

A bit hung over and could only sleep 3.5 hours cause I got home around 5am, finally got some coffee in me and am feeling human once again.

Fun News. I have a close gf whom I love to pieces and she told me she wants to participate in http://www.runlikeadiva.com/ The main event is a half marathon but we're going to walk the 5k. I really want to do this to give her support because young as she is, she had a very bad fall down some stairs that has caused her back issues for 3 years now. I was hanging with her last night and her back almost gave out on her. She's made really great progress and I'm very proud of her. So I'll be accompanying her on long walks to get resistance up and I'll stay with her during the race just like Diri stayed with me during the 10k (My time would have been waaaaay worse if he hadn't) I actually hope to get a group together for it, my mom, aunts, mother in law and such.
Although I won't b e setting any records or anything I thought it would be nice to share this with u guys.
Sooooo, along with the pink camera and miniature laptop I may get some pix of me in a Tiara and Pink Boa LOL!!!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Monday August 29th 2011

Well spent almost a week without power after (and during) Hurricane Irene, the main storm didn't hit us as hard as the tail did. The aftermath was just Massive amounts of rain. Have spent a good amount of my time shoveling loads of mud that kept streaming down, removing debris and such.
Strange week :/ Got in two weight training days but was kind of all over the place, 10k training has seriously suffered neglect. but today I feel good

I'll be noting the weights only on my lowest rep days as a time saver, I'm not doing the negatives stated in the article since I rarely have a spotter. If I do happen to have one then I'll try it out.

Deadlift
95lbs x 5
100lbs x 3
100lbs x 5
100lbs x 5
100lbs x 5

Bench Press
70lbs x 3
70lbs x 4
70lbs x 4
70lbs x 3
70lbs x 3

Military Press
45lbs x 4
45lbs x 4
45lbs x 4
45lbs x 3
45lbs x 3

DB Curlz
20lbs x 3
20lbs x 3
20lbs x 3
20lbs x 3
20lbs x 3

Close Grip Bench
45lbs x 4
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 4
45lbs x 3

Abs 5 x 20 Not doing anything special for abs really, I wish I had the machine that was in Dorado, that was really the only ab machine I've ever really liked and felt challenged with. no matter

I'm pretty sure the whole workout was a PR ! lol The idea of thinking, all I need is three or 5 come on...three or five....u can do it...put some more weight on that bar!! really helps LOL. I still have wednesday and saturday at this rep range

Really enjoyed this and surprised myself since yesterday I layed down 130ft of PVC water pipe, it was 1/2 " diameter so the hole didn't have to be wide but it had to be deep to avoid getting damaged.Don't think bad of Diri, he hasn't been home. I've been doing these things (like the mud shoveling and all that) mostly alone because hubby was repairing electric lines after the storm. Poor guy was up on those foot spurs for 10 hours straight on Friday fixing I don't know what and only sleeping 4 hrs for 8 straight days.

Anywho, even thought this week suffered, these workouts have been great, I'm enjoying the constant change and doing different things all the time (running, rep range changes, cross training) and I feel I got good numbers

Lest see what happens at the end of the next for weeks.

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to here Irene was mean to you guys... Here in NYC it's was way over hyped and did nothing.
Looks like your workouts have been pretty intense as always.

Unfortunatly the idiots decided to shut the city down for 2 days because of it. Ie closed my gym!!! Erg.

Anyway. I checked out your diva run thing and it looks like a blast.

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
Lol. Yeah it looked huge. When we saw the clouds coming in everybody was feeling pretty frightened.

Isn't every storm down there horrible?

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Lol. Yeah it looked huge. When we saw the clouds coming in everybody was feeling pretty frightened.

Isn't every storm down there horrible?
Well actually we're kind of in a sweet spot. We tend to get missed by most storms, Irene wouldn't have been bad if we hadn't been caught in the tail the problem was compounded by having some rainy months since May. As for regular storms not that bad, I think it has to do with the mountains and rainforest that cross down the middle, breaks them up I guess. Florida's storms are a bit more violent imo.
I think the virgin islands, Cuba, Haiti and DR get hit much more often than we do I don't get why. All in all for a Caribbean island, I can't complain :)

I was scheduled for a run but needed to give my hamstrings a little rest since after yesterday I was rockin the John Wayne walk most of the day lol. Sooo, I changed tomorrows cross training for today and did the following:

Round 1
1 min Jumping Jacks
30 Mountain Climbers
10 Spiderman Crawls

Round 2
1 min Jumping Jacks
10 Jump Squats
30 Mountain Climbers
10 Spiderman Crawls

Round 3
1 min Jumping Jacks
10 Jump Squats
30 Mountain Climbers
10 Spiderman Crawls
6 Burpees (wanted to go for 8 but fell on the 7th *plop*)

Round 4
1 min Jumping Jacks
10 Jump Squats
30 Mountain Climbers (Ouch!)
10 Spiderman Crawls (when there's only one foot and one arm and u pull urself fwd......brrrrrrrn)
5 Burpees
1 min Jumping Jacks (calves nnnnnnnn)

The good thing over time about falling with Burpees and Pushups, is that u lose the fear of falling.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Just got in from a 2 mile run, I felt powerful good until the burn in my calves and quads was just too much, felt a little heavy too. I was talking to a guy after, he's one of those guys in a little older man running group, he told me something like (in spanish) "with respect, you look very good out there running, you have a very good posture and movement" I don't know if this was just to get me into conversation but he seemed sincere and not ...u know...icky. So i said thanks and that i want to work on being able to run longer distances like that, so he says something like "just keep doing what your doing and you'll do great" then He cut the conversation and bid me a good day. So I'm putting that down as a sincere compliment on my running form. Those guys look like they know their sh*t

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
The line between creepy old man and knowledgeable warm soul is so thin. :p

I'm considering doing more cardio myself. Even the thought makes me sick.

Total kudos.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
The line between creepy old man and knowledgeable warm soul is so thin. :p

I'm considering doing more cardio myself. Even the thought makes me sick.

Total kudos.
LoL a thin line indeed, I'm going to see if I get to chatting with his group, see if they give me some advice or something. I do it to try and be faster and have more endurance. I've progressed really well considering how horrible it used to make me feel to even trot lol. The best sensation I've ever felt is running a route that Once Upon A Time was killer for me, and just floating through it like a breeze. I felt like I was leaving my shadows behind.

Workout:
Woke up feeling surprisingly better than yesterday so that's always good lol

DeadLift ( I wanted to do squats but I need a new squat rack to replace my old "squat rack" )
100lbs x 5
100lbs x 5
100lbs x 5 (around here I'm thinking I could have started with more weight, but how could I know since Monday was when I first did 100 )
100lbs x 5
100lbs x 5 (I kept going with the weight prob because of the respect I have for Deads, I've been doing them at 80 for quite some time with my old bar so I figured 20 lbs+with a slightly heavier bar should be enough this week, I mean I live for this but I'm patient but the more I think on it I could have gone for more)

Military Press
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 5
45lbs x 3

Barbell Curl
30lbs x 5
30lbs x 5
30lbs x 5
30lbs x 3
30lbs x 3 (ggrraaagh!!!!) <---- I made that sound

Overhead Tricep Ext
30lbs x 5
30lbs x 5
30lbs x 5
30lbs x 5
30lbs x 3 (lost my balance)

All in all I think all these lifts today are calling for an up in weight Only Saturday left now at this rep range then I'm back to 15's. I didn't get to my 10k training for today. I've been thinking Sunday is my rest day but it's not lol, it's friday's So what I'll do is get in a good run tomorrow as a trade in for the run I missed today. Then on Saturday I'll push to get some more weight up. feeling really good, recuperation is definitely tip top right now.
If I don't resolve the Squat rack issue by Saturday i'll prob do zerchers.....ouch

Edit* I did my workout outside in the yard today :) enjoyed the sunset

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
Love the sound commentary. Ggrraaagh!!!'s are essential.

Sounds like you are attacking your deads like wohh. I'm going to see how getting winded during weight training equates to stamina for running next week maybe. I keep putting it off...

How's your time coming along?

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Love the sound commentary. Ggrraaagh!!!'s are essential.

Sounds like you are attacking your deads like wohh. I'm going to see how getting winded during weight training equates to stamina for running next week maybe. I keep putting it off...

How's your time coming along?
I've only timed when i do 5k and I'm still around the 29 min mark :/ not too good but persistence is my biggest gun. the 5k race I did was in 33 min. Still 4 more weeks before I test my 10k time, I have 5k as part of my training tomorrow so I'll get a specific number and post it :)

I'll prob share a new project, I'm going to be making some kettle bells out of some cement left over from the fence we built. I have a few more ideas cooking

This is the Bar I made. I put up one of the pix where ur supposed to see the threading at the tip still because I didn't cut that off, but it's not really noticeable. The other pic is how I hold them from sliding inwards and they're set at a distance of about 4 ft if I remember correctly. JudoJosh was whom told what pipe to buy :)
If u pop in here again Judo Thank U.

IMG_0842 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0844 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0845 (640x480).jpg

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I solved the Squat problem yesterday, Diri helped me set something up and it's much more comfortable than the old setup, I'll post pix

Today I went back to high reps :/

Squat
80lbs x 15 (sort of a warm up)
85lbs x 15
85lbs x 15
85lbs x 15
90lbs x 15
(I figure If I'm doing things at the right poundage I should be lowering weights instead of going higher with each set, but I've been doing these at 80 for so long I'm trying to ease into higher weight, I'm fighting urges here folks lol)

Bench
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
Last two sets where finished with rest pauses because I refused to use lower weight

BO Row
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
This turned out to be almost exactly lke my benches with the last two sets being finished with rest pauses.

Close Grip
30lbs x 13
30lbs x 13
30lbs x 13
30lbs x 13
30lbs x 10 (Oh happy sticky this burned!!!!)

No Abs or Curls today

5k time the other day sucked at around 28 min with 2 laps to go so I stopped checking but no matter, I'll get there. Felt really heavy, Current Goal is a flat 27 min for now....
I went back to the track the next day and left my keys in the truck by accident so I did a 10 min mile and two more laps just before my dad got there lol, we opened her up with some pieces of wood and part of a window screen :)

I have a lot of yard work this week.....sigh....:D

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I didn't mow today :) I was separating plantain trees from their mothers and replanting, and moving some dirt for a raised garden I've been working on for some time.

I got home and popped the movie Airplane into the DVD player and did one of my full body jumping around the house routines, I lost track of the count and just kept doing things over and over in a very obsessive compulsive manner.
Added some box jump squats and had fun doing abs with a somewhat deflated basketball. Throwing it at the wall hard to get it to bounce back, and such. Before I knew it the movie was over and I was exhausted :) After a few I traded the box jump squats out from spiderman crawl because arms are a bit toasty from yesterday and this morning.

More yard work tomorrow, hopefully the track too or roadwork

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'M BACK!!!!

Sorry I been CRAZY busy recently but I just free'd up my schedule a bit.

How is everything?

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I'M BACK!!!!

Sorry I been CRAZY busy recently but I just free'd up my schedule a bit.

How is everything?
Hey man! Doin good, been seeing u popping back up around the forums :)

I got around to making that bar that u suggested finally, works like a charm. I've got another project Idea for some Kettlebells I want to make lol. I've been much more consistent as of late which makes me very happy. Been motivated by the new ladies here on the forums you should check out their logs, really good stuff.
Basically preparing for Halloween, my favorite holiday and I want to look tough :) my latest Idea is to be a Pirate lol of course.....also thought about Pheonix, Cheetara or Silk Spectre I.
Do u celebrate Halloween?
Glad to see around buddy

Just got in from a 3.25 mile run little more than a 5k it was roadwork, tough and hot as hell we did 32 min which I'm pretty happy with!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Still going with the High Reps this week

SLDL
65lbs x 15
65lbs x 15
65lbs x 15
65lbs x 15
65lbs x 15

Pull Ups
Body Weight no spotter
2x5 and some sporadic negatives,I'm getting better at pullups bit by bit

Bench
A little fried after Pullups
30lbs x 15
30lbs x 15
30lbs x 15
30lbs x 15
30lbs x 15
Fast paced controlled 0 rest pauses

DB Curlz
10lbs x 15
10lbs x 15
10lbs x 15
10lbs x 15
10lbs x 15

Abz tomorrow, probably going to get some roadwork done :) and some cross-training too or heavy yard work.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I haven't posted, I didn't get around to it on the weekend and this week what was or is Tropical storm Maria keeps bothering us, power going out, internet connection probs and what not.
I got Saturdays workout done, Monday we woke up at 5am and ran 2.5 miles but I didn't get the weight training done that I wanted. I took the day for yardwork. I hope to be able to log in later to share today's weight training.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I got Saturdays workout done, For the life of me I can't remember what the heck I did on Sunday didn't get Monday's weight training done Only the 2.5 miles. Yesterday I got home lateand decided u know what, I'm gonna do some practice.

Pull ups:
3x1
2x5
Halvsies
Jump up negs (as in I'd get a good jump impulse in order to get in high enough then lower slowly
After I couldn't manage those I shimmied my way up with some light help from my toes on the door frame and got a few more negs done
I just felt like going until I absolutely felt like stopping

Push ups
5x10
4x6
3x4
This felt great and I couldn't believe I'd done it after all i struggled on the pull up bar

TODAY:

Round 1
1 min Jumping Jacks, 1 min Weight Step Ups (Chair), 6 Burpess

Round 2
1 min Jumping Jacks, 1 min Weight Step Ups (Chair), 6 Burpess, 10 Spiderman Crawls

Round 3
1 min Jumping Jacks, 1 min Weight Step Ups (Chair), 6 Burpess, 10 Spiderman Crawls, 10 Moving Jumpsquats

Round 4
1 min Jumping Jacks, 1 min Weight Step Ups (Chair), 6 Burpess, 10 Spiderman Crawls, 10 Moving Jumpsquats

I seriously felt the SS Crawls in my Latissimus Dorsi arms are burnt, surprised how well I did with the burpees.
Have spent the rest of the day so far in the Yard, am currently (not as I post but still) Wacking some Weedzzzz and I am very angry with the stupid Wacker

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
I solved the Squat problem yesterday, Diri helped me set something up and it's much more comfortable than the old setup, I'll post pix

Today I went back to high reps :/

Squat
80lbs x 15 (sort of a warm up)
85lbs x 15
85lbs x 15
85lbs x 15
90lbs x 15
(I figure If I'm doing things at the right poundage I should be lowering weights instead of going higher with each set, but I've been doing these at 80 for so long I'm trying to ease into higher weight, I'm fighting urges here folks lol)

Bench
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
Last two sets where finished with rest pauses because I refused to use lower weight

BO Row
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
45lbs x 15
This turned out to be almost exactly lke my benches with the last two sets being finished with rest pauses.

Close Grip
30lbs x 13
30lbs x 13
30lbs x 13
30lbs x 13
30lbs x 10 (Oh happy sticky this burned!!!!)

No Abs or Curls today

5k time the other day sucked at around 28 min with 2 laps to go so I stopped checking but no matter, I'll get there. Felt really heavy, Current Goal is a flat 27 min for now....
I went back to the track the next day and left my keys in the truck by accident so I did a 10 min mile and two more laps just before my dad got there lol, we opened her up with some pieces of wood and part of a window screen :)

I have a lot of yard work this week.....sigh....:D
you go girl/COLOR]

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
I got Saturdays workout done, For the life of me I can't remember what the heck I did on Sunday didn't get Monday's weight training done Only the 2.5 miles. Yesterday I got home lateand decided u know what, I'm gonna do some practice.

Pull ups:
3x1
2x5
Halvsies
Jump up negs (as in I'd get a good jump impulse in order to get in high enough then lower slowly
After I couldn't manage those I shimmied my way up with some light help from my toes on the door frame and got a few more negs done
I just felt like going until I absolutely felt like stopping

Push ups
5x10
4x6
3x4
This felt great and I couldn't believe I'd done it after all i struggled on the pull up bar

TODAY:

Round 1
1 min Jumping Jacks, 1 min Weight Step Ups (Chair), 6 Burpess

Round 2
1 min Jumping Jacks, 1 min Weight Step Ups (Chair), 6 Burpess, 10 Spiderman Crawls

Round 3

Round 4

I seriously felt the SS Crawls in my Latissimus Dorsi arms are burnt, surprised how well I did with the burpees.
Have spent the rest of the day so far in the Yard, am currently (not as I post but still) Wacking some Weedzzzz and I am very angry with the stupid Wacker
I have no clue what half of this means. lol. But damn it girl. Do the damn thing. ;) A burpee, spiderman crawls? Oh lord, so much for the point and nod, guess I better keep the ear phone outs and pay attention to what in gods names we do. :)

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I have no clue what half of this means. lol. But damn it girl. Do the damn thing. ;) A burpee, spiderman crawls? Oh lord, so much for the point and nod, guess I better keep the ear phone outs and pay attention to what in gods names we do. :)
lol Thanks for stopping by :)
I learned the SS crawls and Burpees from a friend of mine thesinner (he posts here too sometimes) great guy, he does some cement bag workouts and sledge hammer workouts I've been meaning to try.
[video=youtube;BMBCbJl7LDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMBCbJl7LDs[/video]
The above are the SS Crawls, the lower you get to the floor the tougher it is.

[video=youtube;c_Dq_NCzj8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M[/video]
Those are Burpees, I've had a few misses on these where I do a belly flop by accident lol, part of the learning process I suppose....

The jumping jacks I do very explosive to get the most out of them, really get my heart pumping (calves burning too lol) and the moving jump squats I get down low jump up as high as I can and each time i come back down i'm on 2 different floor tiles than the one i started on, some times side to side, sometimes back and forth or round.

I do these sorts of things because I find them fun, entertaining and challenging.

Yesterday's Weight training:
This week is 9-12 rep range so I weights went up

Here I'm calculating off of a 1 RM of 110 right now, feeling like it should go up pretty quick
SLDL
80lbs x 12
80lbs x 12
80lbs x 12
80lbs x 12 (pump was feeling very rough here)
80lbs x 12 (uuh same here lol...)

Bench Press
45lbs x 12
45lbs X 12
45lbs x 10
45lbs x 10
45lbs x 9 (this I feel doesn't go with what I've been calculating as my 1 RM but it goes to show how fried I was from pull ups)

No curlz, decided to get up and try the pull ups again lol, been feeling abusive lately
2 unassisted
Diri heard me grunting and said he'd spot me
4 assisted (although he swears it was all me) which I am very proud of
2 1/2 (because damnit halvsies count!! lol)
and some negs

No juice left for close grip bench

Todays Workout
NONE lol I rested thank u :) Have a nice weekend folks
1 more thing
IMG_0897 (640x480).jpg

My calluses :D gross but proud I guess, I lost 1 of my gloves. Luckily I had already ordered another, still haven't gotten them tho, little suckers showed up again real quick.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey man! Doin good, been seeing u popping back up around the forums :)

I got around to making that bar that u suggested finally, works like a charm!
AWESOME!

I am glad it worked out for ya

I've got another project Idea for some Kettlebells I want to make lol.
Please do share your idea. KBs are so damn expensive and I wish I had more :(

I have thought about trying to rig something but never really put that much thought into it

I've been much more consistent as of late which makes me very happy. Been motivated by the new ladies here on the forums you should check out their logs, really good stuff.
Yup I have seen!

Seems like all the posters significant others have decided to join the boards... I might have to get my wife on here now lol

Basically preparing for Halloween, my favorite holiday and I want to look tough :) my latest Idea is to be a Pirate lol of course.....also thought about Pheonix, Cheetara or Silk Spectre I.
Do u celebrate Halloween?
Oh HELLS YEA!

I am a grown kid! My son LOVES to dress up like action heros (specifically marvel characters) Last year he was spider-man and I was the joker..

Not sure what we are gonna do this year yet.

Glad to see around buddy
Likewise ;)

KleensQueen

KleensQueen

Awards
lol Thanks for stopping by :)
I learned the SS crawls and Burpees from a friend of mine thesinner (he posts here too sometimes) great guy, he does some cement bag workouts and sledge hammer workouts I've been meaning to try.
[video=youtube;BMBCbJl7LDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMBCbJl7LDs[/video]
The above are the SS Crawls, the lower you get to the floor the tougher it is.

[video=youtube;c_Dq_NCzj8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dq_NCzj8M[/video]
Those are Burpees, I've had a few misses on these where I do a belly flop by accident lol, part of the learning process I suppose....

The jumping jacks I do very explosive to get the most out of them, really get my heart pumping (calves burning too lol) and the moving jump squats I get down low jump up as high as I can and each time i come back down i'm on 2 different floor tiles than the one i started on, some times side to side, sometimes back and forth or round.

I do these sorts of things because I find them fun, entertaining and challenging.

Yesterday's Weight training:
This week is 9-12 rep range so I weights went up

Here I'm calculating off of a 1 RM of 110 right now, feeling like it should go up pretty quick
SLDL
80lbs x 12
80lbs x 12
80lbs x 12
80lbs x 12 (pump was feeling very rough here)
80lbs x 12 (uuh same here lol...)

Bench Press
45lbs x 12
45lbs X 12
45lbs x 10
45lbs x 10
45lbs x 9 (this I feel doesn't go with what I've been calculating as my 1 RM but it goes to show how fried I was from pull ups)

No curlz, decided to get up and try the pull ups again lol, been feeling abusive lately
2 unassisted
Diri heard me grunting and said he'd spot me
4 assisted (although he swears it was all me) which I am very proud of
2 1/2 (because damnit halvsies count!! lol)
and some negs

No juice left for close grip bench

Todays Workout
NONE lol I rested thank u :) Have a nice weekend folks
1 more thing
View attachment 44132
My calluses :D gross but proud I guess, I lost 1 of my gloves. Luckily I had already ordered another, still haven't gotten them tho, little suckers showed up again real quick.
I would kill my knee doin the spiderman's.. And the others look like something we make the kids do when they are naughty. lol. WOW, YOU GO GIRL. WHOLLY CRAP BATWOMAN!

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I would kill my knee doin the spiderman's.. And the others look like something we make the kids do when they are naughty. lol. WOW, YOU GO GIRL. WHOLLY CRAP BATWOMAN!
LMAO! Sorry I missed this until now, thanks hun.
Been runnin catchup this week on quite a few things, I'm getting my blog back up and running :D was thinking of stopping this log (which I started because I put the Pause button on the blog) but now....AM has just really grown on me lol. I mean I do customer service here for AX and what not but this log has nothing to do with that. It's just my log.
Don't matter none anyways lol I'll keep it going now for sure. Just coming down from an adrenalin rush don't have the whole workout writen down but I'm very happy about 3 sets of 3 pull ups I was able to do, felt very strong and in control on the first two sets, definitely getting better. I did a few more, then some halvsies and negs :) Can't wait to reach 5 whole pull ups in one set!! LOL
Any who guys, I'm back getting my game on again. Took a pretty steady week off to get the ball rolling on some things although I wasn't completely idle in the workout department.
Did one of my full body jitter bug jump around the house workouts, even did zig zag runs in the living room after moving all the furniture to the "Foyer" (now I have to go move it back LOL) Be back tomorrow with weights, Heavy Low reps this week Saweeeet

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Where ya been mrodz?