Creatine and Dieting

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've read in more than one place that creatine should be avoided during cutting periods because it hampers fatty acid oxidation.

Does it matter the type of diet (low fat, low carb, etc.)?

I'm am currently on a TKD-esque diet and have 5-10g creatine mono with my PWO carbs (~50g malto+dex).

I feel it has provided some fullness and endurance. But, if it is slowing my fat loss down by any appreciable amount, I will drop the ego, I mean creatine.

I've done some searching, but can't come up with much.

Thoughts?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've seen many recommendations to take creatine when dieting to help retain LBM, which makes sense. But, I've never seen any counter arguments to either side.

I know this is simple stuff, thus I'm just looking for an easy answer.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Just keep the dose moderate and you should be fine..I never really had issues with creatine bloat...instead of sugar i use NA-RALA as a transporter. Sugar will bloat the shyt out of you(cell tech...lol)

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Just keep the dose moderate and you should be fine..I never really had issues with creatine bloat...instead of sugar i use NA-RALA as a transporter. Sugar will bloat the shyt out of you(cell tech...lol)
Not so much worried about bloat or water retention.

Does the creatine create a different environment in the muscle that's not as efficient for fat-burning purposes?