Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey C,
Correc tme if I'm wrong, but I've read a few times about you training so hard that you throw up. Is that normal? Let me rephrase that...should that be normal? lol Maybe you should see why that happens so often. Don't take offense...I'm just lookin' out for ya.
It is relatively normal with heavy intensity. Looking at her workout from what it looks like there is not much rest, she has an active rest period between sets. So she is more likely getting gassed. IE... Too much C02 not enough H20, it is a part of conditioning and will probably go away as condition improves until intensity is upped again. On top of that when the muscles get pumped and need blood it takes away from the digestive system making it harder to digest often causing nasea.
Not sure how normal it is actually. However miserable it may be for me. Could be heart related, possibly. Though at this point in my life theres not much I can do about it. We have no health ins on me.
I don't think this is heart related at all. More likely like I said above becoming gassed on top of that you said you took "Combat" which I am guessing has some stims in it. I am sure you have gotten overstimmed before and had to hurl from it. However it is pretty common to happen when working intensely. I used to do it all the time from squatting or sprinting, also if I eat closer than 90 minutes from my workout I tend to get queezy. Just stuff we learn about ourselves as we go.

The roads are bad and I've already slid into a curb in 4 wheel drive. Getting to the gym will be fun today!
Crader, Good log here, read up and ready to follow along from here on out. Good luck at the Arnold and that diet. Don't hurt yourself driving in this insanity.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is relatively normal with heavy intensity. Looking at her workout from what it looks like there is not much rest, she has an active rest period between sets. So she is more likely getting gassed. IE... Too much C02 not enough H20, it is a part of conditioning and will probably go away as condition improves until intensity is upped again.
I would say it more likely to be the blood flow detracting from
the digestive track as I've trained with the ame intenity for 4 years..lol If I have'nt adjusted to the conditioning by now then I'm in trouble.

On top of that when the muscles get pumped and need blood it takes away from the digestive system making it harder to digest often causing nasea.
I don't think this is heart related at all. More likely like I said above becoming gassed on top of that you said you took "Combat" which I am guessing has some stims in it. I am sure you have gotten overstimmed before and had to hurl from it. However it is pretty common to happen when working intensely. I used to do it all the time from squatting or sprinting, also if I eat closer than 90 minutes from my workout I tend to get queezy. Just stuff we learn about ourselves as we go.

Combats a protein powder with digestive enzymes in it.

Crader, Good log here, read up and ready to follow along from here on out. Good luck at the Arnold and that diet. Don't hurt yourself driving in this insanity.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Crader, so I have to ask when you threw up was the protein powder all clumpy or anything? I had that happen once with a protein powder. That is awesome you have been hitting that intensity for that long. Very nice. Thanks for telling me what the Combat was too.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Leg day

Started with 4 sets of 15 rep leg extensions for 75lbs.

Then did 4 sets of 6 rep standing leg curls supersetted with 15 lying leg curls at 70lbs.

Then we did the length of the gym pump lunges with dumbells at the end of the gym I did 15 straight legged deads and then regular lunged back for 4 sets.

Then we used thick resistance bands and ran backward the length of the gym dragging Natalie... only 3 sets here.

Then we put a leg up on a weight bench and did standing squatted single leg lunges at 15 reps per leg for 4 sets.

Finished with 3 sets of 20 rep calves..I chose to hit the 90 degree press machine to do them on.

Cardio will be in an hour.

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established
It is relatively normal with heavy intensity. Looking at her workout from what it looks like there is not much rest, she has an active rest period between sets. So she is more likely getting gassed. IE... Too much C02 not enough H20, it is a part of conditioning and will probably go away as condition improves until intensity is upped again. On top of that when the muscles get pumped and need blood it takes away from the digestive system making it harder to digest often causing nasea.
While I certainly agree with your physiological assessment, and if it happens every once in a great while I understand. However, it certainly shouldn't happen on a somewhat regular basis. Practically speaking, I know I have quite intense training sessions and have been close to hurling, but again it shouldn't happen everytime you do a certain bodypart unless something is physically wrong.

Sorry, Crader, for hijacking your journal there. I obviously don't know you except from what I read here, but as a human being I'm just lookin' out for ya.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I made it to the gym in the bad weather.

Shoulders

Did a group of 4 exercises, we started with the lateral raise machine and did full overhead lat raises for 15 reps with the shoulder press machine for 10rep and 30 mountain climbers and 20 crunches for 4 sets.

Then we did inverted lateral raises for 20lbs and 15 reps x 4 sets with 6 push ups on the dumbells.

Then we did regular lateral raises from the front alternating at 10 per arm for 4 sets.

Then we took a barbell and did a curl into an overhead press for 10 reps x 4 sets .

Then we did 4 sets of 70lb rear delt rope pulls for 15 reps x 4 sets.

Then we did an upright row into a 1/4 lat pulse as a rep for 15 reps and 4 sets.

Cardio will be done again this evening. The kids were out of school due to the weather today..

Then I did 4 sets o

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, someone I have not seen in awhile commented on my muscle growth. So I must be putting on muscle.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the new muscle. Great workout.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, someone I have not seen in awhile commented on my muscle growth. So I must be putting on muscle.
You sure ought to be. You work out like a veritable warrior-princess!!!

Keep up the hard work Christine. You're a walking billboard that proves the hard training and proper diet pays off!! :notworthy::clap2:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Back day

Did cardio earlier in the day.

Back day

Started with 15 seated rows with 6 reverse grip pulldowns for 4 sets.

Then we did 30 80lb crunches on the machine for a single set.

Then I did single armed deadlifts from the middle at 10 per arm for 4 sets.

Then we did 15 pull throughs with 6 burpees on the dumbells landing with feet between the dumbells up into a deadlift from the side for 4 sets.

Then we did bent over dumbell rows at 15 per arm and 4 sets.

Then we did bent over cable lat pulldowns with a rope for 10 reps with with 10 decline sit ups for 4 sets.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm usually only sore for a day or two. Sometimes not at all. I seem to go in phases where I'm sore. I skipped yesterday because the snow dumped another 8 inches on top of the 12 we already have. I'm going to battle it out today because its still snowing..blech.

Did 45 min of cardio earlier.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tonight hurt!

She took me heavy and even when I told her it was too much she kept me there.

All work tonight was done on a balance board.

Started with front dumbell raises for 15 reps that extended over the head supersetted with 30 core board shakes for 4 sets.

Then we did overhead presses for 15 reps with 6 coreboard push ups for 4 sets.

Then we did 30 walkouts for 1 set. Depends how I feel in a bit!!

Then we did 10 lateral raises with 10 up and backs for 4 sets.

Then we did 10 per side alternating candle stick raises with 30 coreboard shakes for 4 sets.

We did a bunch of other stuff but I'm so tired I can't remember. We did end with another 30 walkouts for 1 set.

I might attempt another 30 min of cardio. Depe

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Heavy chest and military abs!

We started with flat bench dumbell presses for 10 reps with 10 hammer bench press for 10 reps x 4 sets.

Then we did flat bench db flyes for 10 with 15 pop push ups for 4 sets.

Then we did 15 pullovers x 4 sets with a single set of 30 crunches.

Then we did incline flyes for 10 reps with 15 incline leg lifts for 4 sets.

Then we did a single sets of 50 incline leg lifts.

Then we did incline presses for 10 reps x 4 sets.

Then we did a single sets of 50 pop squats.

Then we did a 30 sec plank rolled over into 30 roll ups then hit another 30 sec plank into 30 crunches into another 30 sec plank into 15 push ups.

Then we were done!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Completed 35 min of cardio before bed last night. Hope to get 60 min of low intensity today.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Completed 35 min of cardio before bed last night. Hope to get 60 min of low intensity today.
You're gonna be ripped, sliced, and diced by the time that the Arnold rolls around. You're gonna turn lots of heads that day my sistah!!! :yikes:

Keep working hard. It's the only way to succeed!!! :thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still haven't made it back to the gym, and tomorrow will be 2 weeks past the vasectomy so I can't use that as an excuse anymore. And given the volume of sex i've been having, it hasn't been a good excuse for about a week now :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well you know what you go to do Eric, we can only guilt you so much. It's your responsiblity to your body and health.

On a completely opposite note, keep up the amazing workouts and progress Christine. Your workouts make me realize how low-volume mine really is.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL well I hurt my back during my first set, however I sucked it up and saw the class out.

We started with 15 bent over DB rows with dumbell squatted deads from the side for 10 reps, these were what hurt my back. We did 4 sets.

Then we took dumbell and hit the floor on them in a burpee style kickback stopped in push up position and did single arm rows from that position with each arm and then popped up into a stand as a single rep...did 10 reps x 4 sets.

Then we did a triple set of 10 machine rows, 6 pulldowns and 15 dumbell pullthroughs for 4 sets.

Then we did 15 reverse grip pulldowns for 4 sets and called it a day!!!

I promptly went home and put a therma care wrap on. Hopefully I will be able to get out of bed tomorrow!!

Will hit cardio before bed!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whoops forgot the set of 15 shrugs for 4 sets that was after the triple set.

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established
I've just started to do cardio before bed just this week and I like it. I might do it this way for now and do it in the morning when I'm getting ready for my next show.

BTW, take care of that back!!!

BTW, do I remember correctly that you'll be going to the Arnold? PM me if you can.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Arm day

I had some difficulty with some of my form with my back screaming at me but I did my best.

Started with lying dumbell tricep presses for 15 reps with seated hammer presses for 10 x 4 sets.

Then I did 4 sets of standing tricep kickbacks for 15 reps x 4 sets.

4 sets of 15 supinated curls.

4 sets of 15 standing cable curls.

2 sets of 30 rep 45lb barbell curls
2 sets of 30 reverse grip curls

Alot of the tricep work was really hard on my back. I skipped the bench dips.

Since walking hurts cardio will be slowwwww.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What area of your back is hurting Christine? If it's your lower back I have a suggestion that may help you recover quicker.

Lying face down on the floor begin to slowly do a hyper-extension using your arms to help push you up into the arched position. Easy does it here. Now hold that arched/flexed position for about 10 seconds and then slowly lower yourself back down. Repeat this for about 10 to 15 "flexes".
I've strained my lower back many times over the years tossing around heavy weights, and this simple procedure gets me back up and going in no time!! :thumbsup:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the lack of updates. My powercord on the laptop broke.

I did plyo legs yesterday.

Started with seated extensions for 15 reps with 10 lying curls for 4 sets.

Then we did 4 sets of pump lunges with dumbells from one end of gym an all the way back.

Then we got into a low squat and held it there doing 30 reps of low squat pulses with 10 side lunge squats in the same position for 4 sets.

Then we did 15 weighted squats over a mat feet on outside toes pointed out with 20 pop squats.

Then we did stationary lunges at 10 per leg with 30 skip lunges for 4 sets.

Then we did 2 sets of 2 pop squats and a traveling jump forward back to the same all the way down the gym.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shoulder day

We did a triple of seated alternating machine press for 15 reps with 25 reps of any ab machineen we and 30 mountain climbers for 4 sets.

Then we did 90lb rope pulls to the forehead for 15 reps x 4 sets.

Then we did incline bench belly down dumbell front raises for 10 reps x 4 sets.

Then we did heavy rear delt pulses in the same position for 30 reps x 4 sets.

Then we did pronated front raises seated for 10 reps x 4 sets.

Then we did 15 per arm alternating upright rows with 6 up and backs x 4 sets.

Then we did 1 set of 50 shrugs.

Cardio is 45 min treadmill.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Chest

30 min of cardio--treadmill

Triple set of 10 flat machine press , 10 incline machine press and 15 leg lifts for 4 sets.

Then we did 15 lying overhead dumbell extensions with 10 push ups and 20 crunches for 4 sets.

Then we did 15 cable flyes with 6 pop push ups for 4 sets.

Then we did 4 sets of 15 cable press outs.

Then we did 15 on the pec deck with 6 wide grip pull ups for 4 sets.

I did 2 sets of 50 broomstick twists.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OMG that's sad.

I'll bet he was using a "false" grip or thumbless grip doing those presses. That's a very dangerous grip to be using. I never understood why lifters want to use that grip anyway. I've tried it in the past, but never noticed that it helped or anything.

I'll keep him in my prayers. :box:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had actually been thinking about shifting to a false grip for some of my presses. But I use the versagrips so they would act like straps making it safer. I may not tho now.

a little surprising his flat bench is 430 but he lost it with 250 on incline.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Today I am taking a day off. I can't get my trainer to drop weight down and even Matt mentioned my back is getting to big. I have ripped 2 jackets trying to put them on and half my shirts no longer fit.

So if she won't see my way of thinking on this it will mean skipping a few here and there.

Cardio will be done of course.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I am taking a day off. I can't get my trainer to drop weight down and even Matt mentioned my back is getting to big. I have ripped 2 jackets trying to put them on and half my shirts no longer fit.

So if she won't see my way of thinking on this it will mean skipping a few here and there.

Get it Girl!! Long time no see :)

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established

This is a great problem to have, hey C? That goes to show you that what you are doing is working!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Wow. You're she-hulking out on us now girl. Ripping jackets and shizz. :shocked:

Way to go. The hard work is paying off.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am adding in the Recompadrol 3 times a day before meals. Waiting to see how my body reacts. I either do well on these products or get migraines and GI issues.

I hope to do well and have it help my last week out a bit. Though I am going to continue my slow cut until summer then maintain it.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I had a really hard arm day. But my computers trashed and won't stay stable long enough to write it!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a really hard arm day. But my computers trashed and won't stay stable long enough to write it!
I certainly know that feeling!! ARGH!!! :aargh: :frustrate:
:cussing:

How close is the Arnold now anyway? Week....2 weeks?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here is an updated pic, keep in mind this is not where I am stopping. The Arnold is just a pothole in the road.

Attachments

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Daaaang christine looking fit 'n mean! Now as I head off to do my fasted cardio I feel like such a fatty :(

Hope you're having an awesome time at the Arnold; one day I hope to make it down.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking like a true warrior princess my sistah!! Those are awesome abs you're sporting. And do you have a license to carry that big gun you're flexing??!! :clap2:

Knock 'em dead kid. :slap:

All eyes will be on you instead of the competitor's stage.