Out of the game for a decade, barely recognize anything anymore. Help me get started again.

Popeisdope

Awards
Hello ABM

I use to be into fitness and lifting back in 2009-2012. Unfortunately I made some dumb decisions and fell down a heroin flavored rabbit hole for years and years. Finally got my life back on track. Been clean for 6 years and finally have a good job that pays the bills and gives me enough time away from work to pursue hobbies again.

I've been lifting a couple times a week for the last 2ish months and am falling in love with it as a hobby again. I started meal prepping and got my diet pretty dialed in and decided I wanted to start buying some supps again. Got in bb.com and feel like their store is damn near empty compared to what it used to be a decade ago. And everything's changed so much I don't recognize much.

What's a good pre these days that isn't just a total stimulus bomb? I used to love controlled labs white flood and looked it up again. Still seems solid but 40 bucks for 20 servings seems kinda steep. Did covid **** up supp prices like everything else?

I'm thinking about just biting the bullet and buying it anyways. And getting it and some bulk agmatine to take with it. Or if anyone has a good one to suggest im open to opinions.

Prolly pick up their creatine too cuz it was always easy on my stomach compared to normal monohydrate.

Can someone point me towards a good glycerol supp these days? Or should I just pick up CL's with my order?

I'm also still undecided on a decent multi vitamin and protein. Not sure if an intraworkout is worth it or not.

If I can keep training and diet consistent for the next few months I'll prolly start slowing ordering pieces of a cycle too. Does PN still get their prohormones through US customs pretty consistently?

Thanks guys. Excited to be back.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Congrat on your 6 year without drug. Start slow. Add protein powder and creatine for a while than think about something else after a couple of months on that

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Glad to have you back bro. I've been down a similar rabbit hole. Maybe check out iron mag labs 1 and 4 andro transdermals and avoid pinning as that can be a trigger for some even if you weren't into IV h.

Popeisdope

Awards
Glad to have you back bro. I've been down a similar rabbit hole. Maybe check out iron mag labs 1 and 4 andro transdermals and avoid pinning as that can be a trigger for some even if you weren't into IV h.
Thanks bro. That lifestyle suuuuuuucks.

Unfortunately I was an IV user and used so much that it crashed my test into the ground. I got it check after getting clean and it was a whopping 38ng/dl. I don't really plan on pinning peds but I'm on trt already so needles are in my life regardless. Luckily it's not a trigger for me. And I'm pretty steadfast in not going down that hole again.

I had to have 2 surgeries over the last 3 years and other than what they used to put me out I did them both entirely without narcotic pain relievers. Just ibuprofen and being okay with being uncomfortable. Always wanted to try epistane and dienolone so if I do jump on a cycle anytime in the future that's what I'm gonna shoot for. But for now I got the newbie gains going on again so I won't be seriously considering anything until that plateaus.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
wait a couple of days and there should be a BOGO sale at www.apex-alchemy.com

these are modern topical supplements. for pre workout try Ursa/Triton combo, or Epichaos

there is much more there being offered but those are good for pre

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The basics have always been here, and will always be here. Not much has changed since I started back in 1978 as far as hard/basic training, good nutrition, and basic supps. Of course there are tons of new supps out there, but stick to the basics for a bit. Like you said, Creatine, Protein, maybe some health supps (fish oils etc) and hard work and good diet... Good to see you here, and awesome of you to get away from the bad and (potentially) deadly drug habit. You're a champ in my eyes for kicking it...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hello ABM

I use to be into fitness and lifting back in 2009-2012. Unfortunately I made some dumb decisions and fell down a heroin flavored rabbit hole for years and years. Finally got my life back on track. Been clean for 6 years and finally have a good job that pays the bills and gives me enough time away from work to pursue hobbies again.

I've been lifting a couple times a week for the last 2ish months and am falling in love with it as a hobby again. I started meal prepping and got my diet pretty dialed in and decided I wanted to start buying some supps again. Got in bb.com and feel like their store is damn near empty compared to what it used to be a decade ago. And everything's changed so much I don't recognize much.

What's a good pre these days that isn't just a total stimulus bomb? I used to love controlled labs white flood and looked it up again. Still seems solid but 40 bucks for 20 servings seems kinda steep. Did covid **** up supp prices like everything else?

I'm thinking about just biting the bullet and buying it anyways. And getting it and some bulk agmatine to take with it. Or if anyone has a good one to suggest im open to opinions.

Prolly pick up their creatine too cuz it was always easy on my stomach compared to normal monohydrate.

Can someone point me towards a good glycerol supp these days? Or should I just pick up CL's with my order?

I'm also still undecided on a decent multi vitamin and protein. Not sure if an intraworkout is worth it or not.

If I can keep training and diet consistent for the next few months I'll prolly start slowing ordering pieces of a cycle too. Does PN still get their prohormones through US customs pretty consistently?

Congratulations on your progress and getting your life back on track.

I agree with @BOSSMAN that Muscle Addiction Pump Addict Ultra Hardcore is a great pre-workout if you great clean energy, pumps, endurance, and just to in general feel more dialed in on your workout.

If you want a stimulant free pre-workout, CEL Super Swole caps are awesome.

You mentioned Agmatine, and SNS does have Agmatine XT caps and powder, and that's a great choice if wanting to use it every day. If only looking to use it pre-workout, both Pump Addict Ultra Hardcore and Super Swole caps already have Agmatine in them.

For creatine, Creatine Magnapower/Magnesium Creatine Chelate is good and also a lot of people love SNS Creatine HCI Caps and Powder; great cost effectiveness and the flavors are great. You can find a lot of flavor reviews on here and people especially love the Pink Grapefruit flavor.

SNS GlycerPump capsules are popular here and the ones I use myself when I use glycerol. They do stack well with either of the pre's I mentioned, but those pre's work great even without anything else added to them.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pump Addict by Muscle Addiction is a great pre workout these days. @sns8778 can get you straight
Thanks for tagging me. I'm always glad to help anyone in any way that I can.

Agreed on Muscle Addiction Pump Addict being great pre-workout - its what I think of as a function pre-workout in that it gives endurance, pumps, clean energy, and helps feel more focused and dialed in on the workout.

Maximiliaan

Awards
Hello ABM

I’d stick to the basics if getting back into. Prohormones are still shipped by PN but I’d get a year or two under your belt and just eat clean and train hard for now.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP what is your previous cycle experience and how old are you? Current Body comp estimate?

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pump addict for an ex addict! It had to been said!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you already know you have an addictive personality you may not want to go down the PH/AAS rabbit hole. I would probably keep those out of the equation with an addictive personality. They can being about plenty of life destruction if you get hooked on the "ON" feeling. I thought I would say my peace on that front. One of our old cronies on here had an addiction, and he found that having syringes around made him want to jump back on the dragon, and he ended up slipping up one day and went back down the rabbit hole for a bit and then came back for a while later but never really got back to doing as well as he was before, then he just stopped posting. So just be careful if you do choose to go that route.

Otherwise the basics are still the basics, as already said. I completely second the Pump Addict recommendation. It is definitely my favorite pre-workout. I have been using something I got on sale that was supposed to be good from the feedback on it but I am not enjoying it anywhere near as much. Also, anything sold by SNS, CEL, or Muscle Addiction is a guaranteed solid product. Their Creatine HCL is awesome, requires less a day, and the flavors are all awesome! If you have any questions on the products definitely reach out to @sns8778 and he can recommend stuff based directly on your current goals. He also has a great health line, if you are interested in that, and not just ergogenic aids. I currently use Cardiovascular Support XT, Kidney Support XT, and their creatine HCL. I order in bulk a couple times a year now.

Maximiliaan

Awards
If you already know you have an addictive personality you may not want to go down the PH/AAS rabbit hole. I would probably keep those out of the equation with an addictive personality. They can being about plenty of life destruction if you get hooked on the "ON" feeling. I thought I would say my peace on that front. One of our old cronies on here had an addiction, and he found that having syringes around made him want to jump back on the dragon, and he ended up slipping up one day and went back down the rabbit hole for a bit and then came back for a while later but never really got back to doing as well as he was before, then he just stopped posting. So just be careful if you do choose to go that route.

Otherwise the basics are still the basics, as already said. I completely second the Pump Addict recommendation. It is definitely my favorite pre-workout. I have been using something I got on sale that was supposed to be good from the feedback on it but I am not enjoying it anywhere near as much. Also, anything sold by SNS, CEL, or Muscle Addiction is a guaranteed solid product. Their Creatine HCL is awesome, requires less a day, and the flavors are all awesome! If you have any questions on the products definitely reach out to @sns8778 and he can recommend stuff based directly on your current goals. He also has a great health line, if you are interested in that, and not just ergogenic aids. I currently use Cardiovascular Support XT, Kidney Support XT, and their creatine HCL. I order in bulk a couple times a year now.
Never heard of an injectable ph but the flip side of that is a low dose of a test precursor can help with mood and wellbeing and seeing results can make you more likely to stay on point with other things. IME, most junkie types aren’t going to the gym at all.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never heard of an injectable ph but the flip side of that is a low dose of a test precursor can help with mood and wellbeing and seeing results can make you more likely to stay on point with other things. IME, most junkie types aren’t going to the gym at all.
Me either, on the injectible PH's but allowing yourself to abuse a compound lets your guard down a little to letting yourself use abuse other compounds, increases the likelihood you might abuse something else once that guard is let down. Considering you simply can't make any real noticeable gains off of the labeled doses on PH's using more is needed which then becomes abuse of the compound. A natty test booster will do about the same thing freeing up testosterone. I am not saying everyone but it is definitely a worthwhile consideration for someone who has had an addiction ruin their lives before. The board is riddled with people who were addicted to drugs or alcohol and got into lifting as part of their recovery to pick up positive habits. That is extremely common and many of them end up on steroids because they are already not averse to breaking the law. On top of that they don't think gear is addictive, and it isn't physically but psychologically? Very much so... I know there are plenty of people that get into lifting as their new addiction that replaced alcoholism or mind altering drugs. often that leads to steroids for someone with an addictive personality. Not saying everyone has an issue with getting on gear. Just giving my opinion that it would be wise to avoid any type of abusive/addictive type behavior.

Dblock

Awards
  • First Up Vote
This 100%^^^^^^ Kleen is spot on, the gym, your gym, my gym, and all the forums are loaded with guys who picked up training/working out as a different pathway for an addictive personality . Most of the time it works out for the better…sometimes it doesn’t

Maximiliaan

Awards
Me either, on the injectible PH's but allowing yourself to abuse a compound lets your guard down a little to letting yourself use abuse other compounds, increases the likelihood you might abuse something else once that guard is let down. Considering you simply can't make any real noticeable gains off of the labeled doses on PH's using more is needed which then becomes abuse of the compound. A natty test booster will do about the same thing freeing up testosterone. I am not saying everyone but it is definitely a worthwhile consideration for someone who has had an addiction ruin their lives before. The board is riddled with people who were addicted to drugs or alcohol and got into lifting as part of their recovery to pick up positive habits. That is extremely common and many of them end up on steroids because they are already not averse to breaking the law. On top of that they don't think gear is addictive, and it isn't physically but psychologically? Very much so... I know there are plenty of people that get into lifting as their new addiction that replaced alcoholism or mind altering drugs. often that leads to steroids for someone with an addictive personality. Not saying everyone has an issue with getting on gear. Just giving my opinion that it would be wise to avoid any type of abusive/addictive type behavior.

I hear you on some of the points here about addiction for sure. But 1-testosterone, 4-androstenediol, nanodrol type ph’s definitely don’t need much dose wise to notice significant gains.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pump Addict by Muscle Addiction is a great pre workout these days. @sns8778 can get you straight
Definitely would agree with this and recommend Pump Addict as well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hear you on some of the points here about addiction for sure. But 1-testosterone, 4-androstenediol, nanodrol type ph’s definitely don’t need much dose wise to notice significant gains.
I think it has more to do with personal expectations, and experience on that subject, rather than a quantifiable truth. So really just my opinion after having used them at regular doses and being underwhelmed by the results. What I have noticed in many cases is people step up their training and diet when they go on a PH cycle which I personally would give the nod to the improved training and nutrition over the PH's as providing the bigger portion of change there. However any progress that results is good progress.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think it has more to do with personal expectations, and experience on that subject, rather than a quantifiable truth. So really just my opinion after having used them at regular doses and being underwhelmed by the results. What I have noticed in many cases is people step up their training and diet when they go on a PH cycle which I personally would give the nod to the improved training and nutrition over the PH's as providing the bigger portion of change there. However any progress that results is good progress.
I agree with this. I think the mind is a powerful thing. I also believe this is why some people lose so much of their gains after a cycle because they hit the breaks on their diet and training, sometimes even taking time off.