The Game Changers - Netflix

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Watching this flick on Netflix with the wife and while I enjoy the topic very much, holy cow this already feels like a propaganda piece even though we are only 15 minutes in .

The_Game_Changers_-_poster.jpg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh it’s super propaganda lol
They're doing a good job of sprinkling some facts in and leaving out massive key details.

Oh the high carb meal served an athlete well? Weird! Lol

The deep fried chicken had negative effects ? Weird!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's said I'd love to hear what other shows y'all like since the wife and I have been binging..

I did like Live to Be 100, and the little documentary Heal, had some really great tidbits in regards to the power of the mind in both illness and healing which I totally believe.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Its nonsence. Its easy to make vegan sound great when you only use studies backed by vegans, peta and vegan doctors.
no joke man. I love the vegan all natural bodybuilders they brought in as well. I hate being that guy, honestly growing to really hate it, but I looked at my wife and said no way in hell are these guys natty 😅😅

then they end the movie with a discussion on how hard animal farming is on the environment and my wife goes "this is ridiculous, what a propaganda hit piece".

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
no joke man. I love the vegan all natural bodybuilders they brought in as well. I hate being that guy, honestly growing to really hate it, but I looked at my wife and said no way in hell are these guys natty 😅😅

then they end the movie with a discussion on how hard animal farming is on the environment and my wife goes "this is ridiculous, what a propaganda hit piece".
I love how they said animal farming, no, its commercial farming. Does it matter if they're farming plants or animals. Commercial farming is what destroys the environment. Agriculture is the leading cause Of pollution in multiple countries from the pesticides and fertilizers

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I love how they said animal farming, no, its commercial farming. Does it matter if they're farming plants or animals. Commercial farming is what destroys the environment. Agriculture is the leading cause Of pollution in multiple countries from the pesticides and fertilizers
they spent a fair amount of time accusing the animals themselves of producing issues too as if if Humans weren't in the equation, the animals suddenly no longer eat or ****. lol.

I remember reading a lot of really interesting stuff on early American Bison and how they were killing themselves to the tune of like 1/3 of their herd sizes annually just from being stupid, running into rivers and drowning etc. then there was discussion of how the tribes would ride into other lands to slaughter the Bison/Buffalo to makes sure their enemies didn't have food. I was raised being told the buffalo were all killed by greedy white dudes, and now they say the number of buffalo that exist in the 48 states is about the max that the land can even support.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
they spent a fair amount of time accusing the animals themselves of producing issues too as if if Humans weren't in the equation, the animals suddenly no longer eat or ****. lol.

I remember reading a lot of really interesting stuff on early American Bison and how they were killing themselves to the tune of like 1/3 of their herd sizes annually just from being stupid, running into rivers and drowning etc. then there was discussion of how the tribes would ride into other lands to slaughter the Bison/Buffalo to makes sure their enemies didn't have food. I was raised being told the buffalo were all killed by greedy white dudes, and now they say the number of buffalo that exist in the 48 states is about the max that the land can even support.
Oh you dont know about the bufflo lol. We did kill off most of the wild population at one point. Today theres about 20k wild bison on reserves or where ever. But theres also like 400k in cimmercial heards. I dont really know what a commercial heard is tho. I know you can't keep a bison Locked up in a box like you can a cow so these comercial heards Have to be kind of free range and wild still

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh you dont know about the bufflo lol. We did kill off most of the wild population at one point. Today theres about 20k wild bison on reserves or where ever. But theres also like 400k in cimmercial heards. I dont really know what a commercial heard is tho. I know you can't keep a bison Locked up in a box like you can a cow so these comercial heards Have to be kind of free range and wild still
Ted turner has some large Buffalo herds here in South Dakota. Then of course there are buffalo that are on the black hills parks. They are mostly free range, large game fences on the perimeter. 12’ tall and like 4” pipe uprights every 10’ or so. Pretty damn cool to see even if they are technically not free roaming so to speak.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I mean I’d pretty much just automatically assume any sort of “documentary” like that on a platform like Netflix is going to immediately have a strong bias and probably garbage interpretation of science.

That doesn’t mean vegetarianism/veganism is inherently bad, just that anything like that probably isn’t done in purely good faith or based in some fanaticism (and would go for any diet extreme or zealotry with things like meat eating, etc.).

Most people just don’t care or want to watch a nuanced discussion of the good and bad, the trade offs, and how the science doesn’t tend to be as black and white as they’d like. So you get things like Game Changers (which was pretty quickly “debunked”).

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We did kill off most of the wild population at one point. Today theres about 20k wild bison on reserves or where ever.
oh zero doubt, but my understanding is that current numbers we have are actually about as high as they can sustainably be at anyways

But theres also like 400k in cimmercial heards. I dont really know what a commercial heard is tho. I know you can't keep a bison Locked up in a box like you can a cow so these comercial heards Have to be kind of free range and wild still
It's very hard. we raised cattle and had local farmers with buffalo/bison and they're incredibly difficult to keep fenced in. their fences were like fort knox compared to ours.

That doesn’t mean vegetarianism/veganism is inherently bad, just that anything like that probably isn’t done in purely good faith or based in some fanaticism (and would go for any diet extreme or zealotry with things like meat eating, etc.).
since wife was locked down on the couch all week I knew we'd be binging, just wanted to put something into our heads that was a little motivating and productive. Live to be 100 and "Heal" were definitely better choices lol.

although the portion of the study on erection quality after eating meat based meals and vegetarian based meals sorta cracked me up. I told her we might rotate our normal meal plans and have steak on monday nights and vegetarian on friday nights 😅

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

MAYBE for someone that is 135lbs or whatever but do the math(use brown rice, lentils and beans to obtain your protein) on what you would have to eat to get even 200g/protein a day and you start to relize this stuff is BS for a serious bodybuilder. The amount of carbs and especially fiber are off the charts on such a diet. Sure you can get protein powder but a diet that REQUIRES one to eat powder and take a B12 supplement is NOT what humans evolved to eat. How many B12 supps were around 15,000 years ago?

As to the "movie" people involved launched their plant based protein immediately following the release of the movie.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
s to the "movie" people involved launched their plant based protein immediately following the release of the movie.
bingo! seeing a ton of these things come out and the underlying propaganda every time is feeding the plant based industry

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
shocking. eating vegetables is better for you than deep frying your big mac and washing it down with 32oz of coke.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
bingo! seeing a ton of these things come out and the underlying propaganda every time is feeding the plant based industry
I mean it isn't unique to whatever the plant based industry is, all these kinds of things are generally just glorified promotions.

But people will continue to watch them and complain so they'll still get talked about and their mission of increased mind share is accomplished. :)

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I mean it isn't unique to whatever the plant based industry is, all these kinds of things are generally just glorified promotions.

But people will continue to watch them and complain so they'll still get talked about and their mission of increased mind share is accomplished. :)
We watched another one last night (I'm not sure why, I think we keep looking for a winner) and they were basically covering salmonella and e.coli spreads, specifically targeting how the cattle industry was spreading e.coli to leafy greens and 29% of raw chicken tested fresh from the farms were contaminated with salmonella. I looked at my wife and said all this tells me is I should eat less salad and cook my meat. 😅