Choose your favorite Muscle Milk flavor...

Pick your favorites (you can choose more than one).

• Total voters
natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
natedogg, have you ever tried the Dymatize Mega Milk? They don't have nearly as many flavors as Muscle Milk, but I hear the flavors they do have are comprable to MM. The cost is significantly less, and Mega Milk has more fat than the BSN Lean Dessert (which, in my opinion, is a good thing). I believe the nutritional profile for Mega Milk is similar to that of Muscle Milk.
No, but the nutritional information looks almost identical. A little cheaper too. Might have too buy some and compare. Thanks.

$29.80 for 5lbs at DPS

Les Misérables

Awards
Cool, I enjoyed your reviews of all of the Muscle Milk flavors. I haven't tried Lean Dessert yet, and didn't even know about it until I saw your comments, and then review of it. I must say, I'm thinking of giving it a try soon.

Make sure you tell us what you think of the Mega Milk. And for that matter, has anybody tried Mega Milk? What did you think? Was it, indeed, as awesome as we must suppose it to be?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I got a sample of chocolate flavored Max Milk by EAS which is another Muscle Milk knockoff. I have to admit, the Max Milk chocolate is better than the Muscle Milk chocolate. Very good. Then again, it's EAS so you will be paying a bit more for it.

$19.89 for 2.48 lbs at DPS

cwilson830

Awards
Do any of you guys drink the RTD's? If so, where do you get them?

cwilson830

Awards
Yeah, I know it's damn expensive - I've been buying them locally (vitamin shoppe) - there's gotta be a better way!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know it's damn expensive - I've been buying them locally (vitamin shoppe) - there's gotta be a better way!
Do what I said above or bring the tub of protein with you and mix it whenever you need it. I do both.

cwilson830

Awards
How easily does the powder mix? Is it do-able with just a spoon?

cwilson830

Awards
Thanks - that's what I figured. Still interested in where ppl are getting their RTD's...

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Chocolate got my vote... It's amazing, but I'm a fan of the chocolate shakes, ONs 100% Whey Chocolate is damn good, too I think, especially when it's mixed with 1% lowfat chocolate milk! WOW

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Chocolate got my vote... It's amazing, but I'm a fan of the chocolate shakes, ONs 100% Whey Chocolate is damn good, too I think, especially when it's mixed with 1% lowfat chocolate milk! WOW
You usually can't go wrong with chocolate. You have to try pretty hard to mess that up.

cwilson830

Awards
Hey guys, don't make me give another 50 bucks to vitamin shoppe! :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've tried blueberry and banana. I loved the blueberry. But I don't think this is worth the cost.

I liked ON's Anabolic Milk choc. flavor. Waaaaay lower in price.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Mocha Joe (4.5stars/5) and Cookies and Creme (5/5)
Got Blueberry on the way will be here tomorow!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I've tried blueberry and banana. I loved the blueberry. But I don't think this is worth the cost.

I liked ON's Anabolic Milk choc. flavor. Waaaaay lower in price.
16.99 for MM at Wholesaler Superstore

The cheapest I could find the Anabolic Milk for was 17.99 for the same serving size at the same place I posted above.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
wow thanks for that link.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
u can probably beat that by another 5% at www.easypricematch.com/
Yeah, I think I might have mentioned that on another page. The only downside about that is shipping will take at least 2 weeks with them. Just make sure you have enough protein to last you a couple of weeks while your order is being shipped. The shipping can also be pretty expensive.

Les Misérables

Awards
After reading this thread, I went with wholesalersuperstore.com. They delivered in no time. I ordered on a Thursday or Friday, and got the shipment (4 tubs of MM) the following Monday. Cost and shipping on the 4 tubs came to $80.37 - which isn't bad.

If easypricematch makes for a considerable delay, I don't think 5% less the price is worth it.

Oh, and one negative about wholesalesuperstore.com: they don't have even close to all of the flavors. But, to be fair, they have alot of the good ones, and they aren't expired or anything like that.

Now, anyone try Dymatize Mega Milk?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
After reading this thread, I went with wholesalersuperstore.com. They delivered in no time. I ordered on a Thursday or Friday, and got the shipment (4 tubs of MM) the following Monday. Cost and shipping on the 4 tubs came to $80.37 - which isn't bad.

If easypricematch makes for a considerable delay, I don't think 5% less the price is worth it.

Oh, and one negative about wholesalesuperstore.com: they don't have even close to all of the flavors. But, to be fair, they have alot of the good ones, and they aren't expired or anything like that.

Now, anyone try Dymatize Mega Milk?
When I ordered from easypricematch.com the shipping was about 11-13 dollars (can't quite remember) for a 15 lb order. It was the cheapest anywhere by about 7 dollars or so. But, like I said before, it took approx. 2 weeks.

I think after reviewing all of the MM knockoffs, that buying MM is the best way to go for price and taste IMO. I'll stick with the original. With that being said, Cytosport has a new/newer MM flavor called Chocolate Caramel Pecan which sounds pretty good. This will be on my list next time I order.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Thus far:
Cookies and Cream: 5 Stars
Mocha Joe: 4.5 Stars <---- Beware Caffeine!
Blueberry & Cream: 4 Stars (not bad, but I can only take so much Blueberry)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
My top 5:
1. Chocolate Mint
2. Rocky Road
3. Chocolate PB
4. Cookies and Creme
5. Mocha Joe

Chocolate is too boring and Chocolate Banana Crunch wasn't that great.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just finished my tub of chocolate, it went FAST... Waste of money I think, there is just waaaayy too much fat in it...

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
does protein percentage or fat content , or carb content / source matter to anyone or is taste the only selling point.

I am not flaming, I truly am curious.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
It isn't too much fat dude, when you add the 20 oz. of milk like I do it is under 600 caloires bro, which isn't bad for me.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I've decided to stop using MM, because I can make my own MRP for much cheaper. About 15 to 16 dollars for 2 lbs. That's taking into the account protein per serving. 25 grams per serving to be exact.

20% Hydrolyzed Whey Concentrate
20% CF Whey Isolate
20% Calcium Casienate
20% Egg White
20% Soy Isolate

Flavored with Chocolate BSL. Damn good. Add some oats, a banana and some PB and you got yourself a great tasting, CHEAP, MRP.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Nate has sold out

I'm with you though, spend the money in other areas.

iwannagetbig

Board Supporter
Awards
Just ordered the Chocolate PB from Nutra Planet. :)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I agree. Also, this way, I know exactly what goes into my protein shakes. You feel me.
I dig. What's the recipe?
Get at me dogg

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
What you see above is what I use.

2 cups of milk
2 scoops of protein (the formula I stated above)
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1 banana
2 tbs of PB

Off the top of my head (rough estimate)- 75 grams of protein, 75 grams of carbs, 20 grams of fat.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Lean dessert

I got a sample of all 3 lean dessert flavors...they were ok, but no way as good as muscle milk. I'd say my fav changes, but blueberries and cream is prob the best, overall.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Off Topic: yo nate, ill delete this afterward - what is your search query on Ebay for those cheap A&F shirts? is there a specific dealer you buy from

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention worst MM flavor....I've tried a bunch and have been impressed w/ most of the flavors...but I'd say strawberry milkshake SUCKS. I finished it as fast as I could, and moved on to the next flavor. Most flavors I have bought or would buy again, but not that one.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Off Topic: yo nate, ill delete this afterward - what is your search query on Ebay for those cheap A&F shirts? is there a specific dealer you buy from
Just a do a search for Abercrombie and Fitch. There are numerous sites that sell A&F at wholesale prices. Sometimes you can find used shirts for hella cheap too if you don't mind buying something that has been worn already.

hyoogeness

Awards
I'm a big fan of MM. Flavours are best I've ever had, moderate pricing, and not a bad calories:protein. Do you guys think there is anything to their "leanlipids" and "evopro" claims? That the protein+fat set-up is better than others (somehow closer to mother's milk, which they claim to be better)?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
damn I'm sick of this thread. How`'bout dirt, grass, booger flavor, and some of those other Harry Potter gems?

Jwillbc55

Awards
Well I voted for Creme Brullee but then last night I had Cookies N' Creme and my god it is amazing

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in Creme Brullee' but I really think that could be hit or miss

Jwillbc55

Awards
creme brullee is really good man, I was still craving it after I finished the container which usually doesn't happen to me because I get sick of flavors really quickly

HalleluYAH

Awards
Where's watermelon on the list? MMMM, watermelon with skim milk, YUMMY! :)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The Banana Nut Crunch wasn't a hit with me