Chemical Weapon Barrage! - Unleashing Muscle Pharm's "Hardcore" Stack!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Bro... No dreams = No Force of Green

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 30

Bullet Proof from Day 29: Two workouts, an hour between my last meal and BP ingestion and a new bed made for a great night's sleep.
Duration: 10pm-7:30am
Quality: Doesn't get any better. I felt like I was on vacation - just totally relaxed and at peace...
Dreams: I honestly think I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving too much: A man is feeding a huge pile of mutton legs to a pack of Doberman Pincers. In the background, children are sledding down a hill of mashed potatoes. Another man is bolting together the tin for a pool-sized pumpkin pie but randomly flails his wrench at passers-by. A Salvation Army Santa Claus is ringing a bell next to his little charity bucket, but also telling people "**** off, This doesn't count until December"

Day 30's workout: Hurrah for only one workout today.
My deadlifts continue to increase in weight. Seems like I am seeing terrific progress everywhere except in my squats. Squats for me, seem to be the kind of thing that I really have to focus on and segregate in order to improve. Anyways, I ended up working out in the afternoon today, rather than first thing in the morning, and as such I drank what was intended to be my post-workout shake as a pre-wo instead.

Assault: I repeated yesterday's protocol: taking Assault immediately prior to lifting rather than 1/2hr before. I prefer it - when it first hits me I get a rush and it is fantastic to get that feeling while lifting. I'm sticking with taking like this, though I am now even more considering the 1/2before - 1/2intra idea I had before.

Battle Fuel: I was actually not overly aggressive tonight. I was certainly driven, but the desire to decapitate everyone was not as pronounced. Not sure what to attribute this to.

The Workout: 5x6supersets
Deadlifts: 415 (HELL YEAH! It just keeps getting higher!)
Weighted Dips: BW+80

Supinated Grip Lat-pulls: 285
Triceps Cable Extensions: 140

Cable Crunches: 130
Seated Calf Raises: 250

Had a guy come up and tell me that I'd have an easier time with my deads if I used wrist-straps. When I explained that I don't like using them because my forearms are a weak point of mine and I like to work them as much as possible he said "Ok, but whenever you feel like you want to start impressing people, lemme know, I'll hook you up." I didn't really know what to do with that - I mean I'm dl'ing 415 (more than I have ever seen anyone in my gym even attempt to pull) supersetted with BW+80 dips; that's a lot freakin' better than the average joe imo. But I try to leave my ego at home and not really think about whether I'm impressing people or not. Sometimes I get cocky, but I can usually focus on actually performing the movement rather than what people think of me while I'm doing it.
But the real thing was - how the heck would wrist-straps make me impressive? Cuz I could pull a bit more weight? Personally, I think it's more impressive to dl a few less pounds with a good snatch grip than pretty much tying yourself to the bar (taking your grip pretty much out of the equation) to make it easier. I wasn't mad at all, I was just kind of taken aback and then amused.
Anywho, my deadlifts rocked - 415 felt good and I was dripping with sweat from the effort by the end of my second set. My lat-pulls were subbed in stead of weighted chinups as all the smith machine were in use and those are the only places I can get a shoulder width chinup grip. Sucks when your gym doesn't even have a regular chinup bar. Still, the lat-pulls could really be felt in my biceps, it was a good stretch. The cable extensions also really hammered my triceps - throwing 10more pounds on there made them really tough, I actually had BW spot me (her presence literally improves my performance instantly - it's very psychosomatic).

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
The wife was gone last night, out partying with some friends, so I stayed up until 11 watching Family Guy and the Simpsons. I took my BP at about 10:45, a good hour-and-a-half after my last meal of the day, and this increased time between eating and BP made it's effects incredibly more pronounced. I mean, the stuff makes you drowsy as hell even if you ate only 45mins prior, but with the extra time for gastric emptying, I kept nodding off while watching that one last episode.

Sleep Duration: 11pm-8:30am (I slept in, and it felt great!)
Quality: See above parentheses ;) Best I've experienced yet with BP - I'm going to continue attempting to increase the time between my last meal and taking it as much as possible.

Dreams: I'm sorry, I can't remember this time around.

Baaaaahhhhh...its too early in the am. I was reading this and trying to figure out what was up with your blood pressure, once it dawned on me, I felt incredibly stupid. Your lifts are looking impressive buddy.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, I am a big fan of intra-workout supplementation, and the more I use Assault the more I think it could be used very well peri-workout (pre- to intra-) rather than just pre-workout.

Now, I am a big fan of Universal's Intra-Aid for Intra-workout; it's effective and beaten in flavor only by Assault (that's my honest opinion). Therefore, I've created a mix of my own based off of Intra-Aid, but with what I consider some improvements in both efficacy and taste:

10g BCAAs (4:1:1)
8g EAAs
8g Hydrolyzed Whey (Either Iso-100 Berry or ATW Vanilla)
5g GMS
10g Dex
10g Malto
10g WMS
2scoops AI Essentials
1scoop Assault

Mixed in approx. 2liters of water and consumed from just before through the end of working out. This mix includes 5g CreMono + Assault's Cre blend, ~7g BA, multi, joint and digestion support, approximately 7.5g free-form Leucine + tons of free-form aminos and oligopeptides to trigger and support prot. synthesis and should taste effing awesome to boot.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 32 (Thanksgiving!)

I am sad. My Hardcore Stack is running out. It's been a great run, but it has to come to an end. I'll be posting my last two workouts and then a final review over the weekend, so you can all look forward to that.

Assault: During yesterday's holiday workout, I gave my intra-workout idea a try. Didn't pan out. Using Assault throughout a lifting session rather than before beginning drastically reduces its efficacy. It's a pre-workout formula - that's how it was designed and despite my theory, that's how it works best. I will return to using immediately before lifting tonight.

Battle Fuel: Because it was a holiday, all of the "Weekend Warriors" were encroaching on my territory on a weekday morning. No Bueno! But that's the cool thing about BF: everything makes you mad, but it's easily channeled into the weights. I added a another set to all of movements, and my grunts and straining and puffs of rage made the extra volume much more endurable.

The workout: 4x12supersets

Front Squats: 225
Upright Rows: 135

Lateral Raises: 40
Leg Curls: 205

Low Cable Bench Press: 80per side
Steep BB Preacher Curls: 115

The increase in volume made me hold off on increasing weight just yet too, though the lateral raises were rather easy. I've been feeling like my pecs need a little more special attention and decided to sub in for bench press a movement that would recruit them a bit better.

Following the workout, my wife and I made our way up to my folks house for Thanksgiving Dinner, where I actually didn't do so bad nutritionally - I had some mashed potatoes, yams and a few rolls, but that was really it as far as cheating went. No pie, no ice cream, no dessert at all. I did have a glass of port later on in the evening, which brings me too...

Bullet Proof: Man, oh, man! I though two-a-days plus Bullet Proof was the surest way for death-like slumber, but I proved myself wrong last night! One glass of port (that's it, one) about an hour and a half before bed, and then Bullet Proof on top of it? I felt almost drugged. I mean, I'm an alcohol light weight anyways, but throwing an additional sedative on top of it was like hitting me with a hamer.
Duration:10pm-7:30am
Quality: Hot Damn I need more booze! I wanna do that again!
Dreams: I'm walking out onto my parent's Volleyball Court with a friend. He is telling me how he is working a new schedule called 4-10s and the he gets a 3day weekend every week. Well, he tells me, these weekends are the perfect opportunity to practice his hobby: hunting Chihuahuas. Immediately following this I am sitting at the open door of a flying limo ( :wtf: ) and the friend is telling me "Alright, It's time for our helo-jump! C'mon!" And he jumps out of the car.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dreams: I'm walking out onto my parent's Volleyball Court with a friend. He is telling me how he is working a new schedule called 4-10s and the he gets a 3day weekend every week. Well, he tells me, these weekends are the perfect opportunity to practice his hobby: hunting Chihuahuas. Immediately following this I am sitting at the open door of a flying limo ( :wtf: ) and the friend is telling me "Alright, It's time for our helo-jump! C'mon!" And he jumps out of the car.
Man, I didn't even realize that this was a dream when I was reading it. I just started at the "I'm walking out..." part. I was like, dude, Resolve really has to get some new friends. These guys are messed up.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Resolve, why haven't you come by my thread homie?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Apologies, FOG. I assure you it's nothing personal - my time on AM the last couple of days has been rather limited. I've actually been gone for the last several hours - so even though I may have looked like I was online, I was away from the keyboard.

So, again, sorry and I'll make sure to get over there man!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 33

Yes, yes, I know, I'm a jerk. But have no fear, as of right now I am renouncing all real-life connections and doing nothing but posting. Forget actually lifting, I'll just type about it. ;)

Anyways, I've finished out this stack well - I worked hard yesterday - heavy and fast. I was dead after the AM session and took a good hour nap when I got home.

AM WORKOUT
Battle Fuel:
There were several guys wearing those bb'ing belly-shirts, you know that stop right below your sternum? I couldn't help but look at them and laugh; even though of them was pretty big he still looked ridiculous. That didn't help with aggression much, but loading up the bar for my deads and secluding myself in a corner did the trick - just me and my psyche to pump it up. Missed out on my morning coffee, but BF performed just as well without it. Everything was just hammered in this routine.

the workout: 4x6supersets
Romanian Deadlifts: 415
Weighted Dips: BW+85 (PR!)

Weighted Chinups: BW+50
Cable Skullcrushers: 150 (my tris were shot after those dips)

Standing Cable Crunches: 120
Seated Calf Raises: 250

I actually tried doing BW+90 for those dips, but I just couldn't hack it and had to drop back 5lbs - were I was able to complete reps, but really had to push myself. Accidentally smacking my knee on a bolt on the dip bench really hurt and made me mad which in turn really helped with the dips. Deads were great, but I am still having trouble walking - my hammies are done. Chinups, well I should've thrown another 5lbs on there, though my biceps were worked quite well, they could've handled more.

PM WORKOUT
Assault:
Back to the "just prior" protocol and the old, sweet kick and drive that Assault provides came right back. I also have been noticing an increasing in body temperature when I take Assault closer to working out - more sweating, perception of higher ambient temperature. It's not inhibitory, just an interesting sidenote I've noticed.

the workout: 3x12supersets
Deadlifts: 335
DB Bench Press: 95lb DBs (PR? Maybe, not sure anymore...)

Wide-grip Lat-pulls: 225
Cable Triceps Extensions: 100

Wide-Angled Seated Calf Raises: 180
Cable Crunches: 140

That was it. Intensity started great, but I wore myself out. I was already tired from the morning routine, and I the only reason I was able to bust out such heavy (for me) numbers is because of the nap I took, my pre-workout shake and Assault.
That's really about it. I'll get my final review up here asap. Thanks for reading along everybody!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Review

Assault: Incredibly potent all-in-one preworkout formula. It's more than an energy/focus supplement, it's a creatine/beta-alanine/endurance supplement. In these capacities, Assault has superceded practically all other products I have used. Neovar, I think, is better for a straight Creatine product, but that lacks Assault's other beneficial factors. Of other similar products I have tried (NO Shotgun, Shock Therapy, Animal Pump, Hypertrop-X, homebrews and JP8) only JP8 even comes close in terms of overall performance. As to which is better, well, I would have to run JP8 again to determine actual efficacy, but Assault is certainly superior in taste and (if you but it during one of MP's awesome sales) price and contains 50% more serving per container.

Taking all these factors into consideration, Assault is the most effective, best pre-workout formula I have ever used, not to mention the best tasting supplement I have ever had.

Battle Fuel: Whereas Assault provides straight energy, endurance and recovery; Battle Fuel is rage in a pill. Honestly, I would recommend Battle Fuel more for a strength-focused phase of lifting rather than a hypertrophy focused routine. When that bar is loaded close to your max and the difference between missing and making each rep is sheer willpower, that's where Battle Fuel shines. Adrenaline just skyrockets, my aggression was fantastic and I have never found it so easy to psyche myself up. Now, to be fair, this is the first full-blown test-booster that I have used, but that being said, Battle Fuel's effects were unmistakable, consistent and powerful.

Bullet Proof: This is essentially PowerFull, Purple Wraath and Abyss all rolled into one. Making for incredibly vivid dreams, better sleep than while on PowerFull and ZMA or Abyss and satiating hunger through the night so that you aren't simply starving and catabolic upon waking, Bullet Proof is actually my favorite of the three members of the Hardcore stack. It's innovative, unique formula was very effective - making me drowsy within 15-20mins at most and consistently providing rejuvenating sleep. I cycled its usage, bearing in mind the cyclic usage of PowerFull and in doing so remained incredibly sensitive to its effect throughout the entire course of use. I will say it tastes nothing like Cranberry Orange, as the tub labels it; but providing you expect a flavor more akin to Cantaloupe and nothing citrus, it is a very tasty, enjoyable pre-bed treat.

My Before and After Stats:

Before PRs: Squat 315x8, Deadlift 415x3, Flat Bench 285x6
After PRs: Squat 345x5, Deadlift 435x5, Flat Bench 310x5

Note: In my first post, I reported a PR on my Incline Press (255x6). However, over the course of the routines I employed during this log, the opportunity to max out on Incline Press never presented itself. As such, I went back and checked my workout journal and substituted my previous Flat Bench PR instead.

My strength has increased more over the last 5 weeks than it has in a very long time, particularly in my bench press and even moreso, my deadlift. A primary goal of mine was to increase my squat, and while it did not increase as much as I would have liked, it still rose nicely. Do I directly attribute MP's products to this increase in strength? I feel Battle Fuel certainly did on a mental and hormonal level (contributing to natural hormone secretion; BF does not contain any hormones), but Assault and Bullet Proof were more indirect in the form of providing the energy to keep pushing myself and then facilitate better recovery overnight.

Starting Weight: 237lb
Ending Weight: 240lb
After having my weight see-saw up and down for the first several weeks, I sent my calories sky high for the last two, while I was performing two-a-days. I was consuming ~5000cals per day and 450g of CHO, which is a ton for me. Still, I was able to lean out somewhat and gained 3lbs simultaneously. What more could a guy ask for?

Before Pics:

After Pics:

My back, IMO, has shown some good progress as well as my waist dropping some of the flab I was carrying. I'm not super-lean by any means, but my core has tighted up somewhat. My abs are more clear than they appear in my after photos, but I am in my parents bathroom rather than my own and the lighting is much dimmer here. My forearms have increased in size a lot! Simply gripping for those heavy deads has made a world of difference.

So, then, the final question is: "Is MusclePharm's Stack worth it?" And I say Hell yeah! The combined efficacy of the three products with a solid nutritional and lifting routine has made marked improvements on my work capacity and recovery (these things kept me running on two-a-days, remember!). Would I buy them full price at Musclepharm.com? No, but I won't pay $70 for practically anything. However, through December 3rd they have their Black Friday Sale going on and all of their products are 50% off with the coupon code black50. At those prices, these products are incomparable to anything else I have tried. Using their sale code, I have actually ordered another round to be used early next year. This stuff is effective continuously, affordable when bought on sale, and makes even the toughest regimen endurable and beneficial.

Thank you MusclePharm and thank you to all who have contributed and followed along! :thumbsup:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for logging this for us, you did an awesome job. I am looking forward to reading your significants others Shred log.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell of a job, Resolve! I can tell a huge difference in the before and after pics. Chest/Core leaned up, Back looks thick and wide, and your Arms look pretty beastly as well. Great work, dude!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you everybody, you've all been great encouragement!

Pmiller, the pleasure was mine - using MusclePharm's products has been a great experience all the way around. Getting the entire stack for simply keeping a log was a real privelege - those supps are worth a lot more than than the few words I've typed up here.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
From the looks of it, you definitely tightened up quite a bit. I'd like to see someone compare Battle Fuel to Diesel Fuel ;)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
very sound log and final review is on par. Thanks for logging. For anyone who is interested in MP products shoot me a pm and i can help you find more affordable prices. :thumbsup: