Chemical Weapon Barrage! - Unleashing Muscle Pharm's "Hardcore" Stack!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pumpkin! I've never heard anyone using that in their post-wo shake! Haha. Sounds tasty.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Pumpkin! I've never heard anyone using that in their post-wo shake! Haha. Sounds tasty.
I credit myself as the pumpkin man. Check my old recomp log asswipes. You copied off of me and I'm not going to tolerate this garbage!

;)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I credit myself as the pumpkin man. Check my old recomp log asswipes. You copied off of me and I'm not going to tolerate this garbage!

;)

Seriously? I had no freaking clue other people used it too! I just know that it is an awesome source of beta-carotene, several B vitamins, lutein, xeazanthin and fiber. Couple that which being high glycemically and it just naturally lends itself toward post-workout nutrition.

I honestly am not entirely sold on that whole foods shake as it is though, does that look good to you guys? Any changes or additions that I should make?

Or anything else in my "peri-workout" setup that anybody can improve upon? Other, of course than the whole Dex and Malto thing - I'd use WMS if I could, I do recognize it's superiority, I jus wanna use up what I've got first. :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Seriously? I had no freaking clue other people used it too! I just know that it is an awesome source of beta-carotene, several B vitamins, lutein, xeazanthin and fiber. Couple that which being high glycemically and it just naturally lends itself toward post-workout nutrition.

I honestly am not entirely sold on that whole foods shake as it is though, does that look good to you guys? Any changes or additions that I should make?

Or anything else in my "peri-workout" setup that anybody can improve upon? Other, of course than the whole Dex and Malto thing - I'd use WMS if I could, I do recognize it's superiority, I jus wanna use up what I've got first. :)
I used it for potassium, mostly ;)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm scared to eat anything orange these days. When I was a little kid I ate a ton of carrots and my nose turned orange. People think I joke about that but I'm not. It was seriously orange. Thank goodness it changed back.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I'm scared to eat anything orange these days. When I was a little kid I ate a ton of carrots and my nose turned orange. People think I joke about that but I'm not. It was seriously orange. Thank goodness it changed back.
Damn. That's awesome! Reminds me of the time when I was taking Melanotan II and I was givin' out pounds to my bloods in the slums of Asbury Park. haha. Good times. I was darker than the brothers!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn. That's awesome! Reminds me of the time when I was taking Melanotan II and I was givin' out pounds to my bloods in the slums of Asbury Park. haha. Good times. I was darker than the brothers!
I wonder if that stuff would work for me. I'd kind of like to give it a try sometime. Just during the summer or something.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's hard to do with a chemical tanner, man... jeez.

A good friend of mine has also turned himself fairly orange from excessive carrot intake. Only it was his whole complexion, he was orange all over. :D Looked pretty darn funky

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oh, little orange nosed Irish boy! So cute! :p

Hate to break it to you, but your hair stayed orange. :run:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
What the hell is going on in here?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 22 AM Workout

This was over before I really even realized it had begun. We were in and out of the gym in about 45min. I tried Assault solo this morning, and here are my thoughts:

Assault: Craploads of energy despite a night without very good sleep (had an earthquake with it's epicenter in my town!). My supersets were back and forth with good timing, approx. 30-60sec between movements. Using Assault by itself is a different animal than when stacked with Battle Fuel. I felt alert, focused and enduring, more than able to push myself, but the overpowering aggression and controlled anger was not present. I was almost friendly in the gym full of douche bags. Almost.

The Workout: 3x6 supersets

Squats: 325
w/Bent Rows: 225

BB Lunges: 135
w/Seated Shoulder Press: 90lb DBs

Standing Calf Raise: 390 (4sec eccentric)
Narrow Grip Incline Press: 225 (PR)

Technically, the squats are a PR too, but I just set a 5RM at 345 so I feel I should make some more progress on squats before making a big deal out of it. Reducing volume from 5x6 to 3x6 is a nice break, but I still have to go back again and hit it all tonight. ..

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 22 PM Workout

Went back at 5:30 last night, then had some errands to run, so by the time I was home again and could've posted, I was exhausted. Having trouble sleeping? Want some advice - two total body sessions and a scoop of Bullet Proof. 'nuff said.

A couple of notes that I forgot to mention earlier: On Monday I weighed in again at 235 (So much for this being a weight-gain program; my maintenance calorie level is just much higher than I previously believed). Accordingly, I am upping my daily intake by another 150 calories, distributed as I see fit. Also, my intake for days with two sessions will continue with the peri-workout nutrition given above, plus other meals totalling to approx. 5000cals. This too, may be increased if I find that I am not gaining or begin feeling overworked.

Battle Fuel: Tried BF solo tonight. Honestly, this stuff has been misnamed - it should not be called Battle Fuel, it should be called "****ING BERSERKER-BITING-THE-HEADS-OFF-HIS-ENEMIES!!!!!!!" Pills. I swear, I have never wanted so badly to start clockin' the "bros" around me with a plate or two. This adrenaline was easily focused and made for an intense workout. Energy was not nearly as high as when on Assault, but the sheer determination to move the weight made up for it.

The Workout: 2x12 supersets
Wide-stance Squats: 275
Supinated Bent Rows: 210

Split Squats: 45lb DBs
BB Military Press: 125

Wide-angle Standing Calf Raises: 290
Incline Press: 215

My word my legs were shot with those squats - thank God they were wide-stance, that is the only way I could've completed ROM. By the time I got around to those split squats, the freaking 5lb DBs looked too much for my quads, but I hammered out some good reps none-the-less with 45s. Military felt light, will definitely be adding to that (yes!). Also, the pre-workout shake was a nice change - I like the taste of the oats and it really did seem to give me an energy-boost of its own.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 23

A couple of take-home lessons for those who lift around me:
1. Every curl you do in the squat rack brings you one step closer to castration.
2. Wearing a bandanna does not make you bad-ass, it makes you a tool. This is not Watts, this is not North Hollywood, this is a San Diego Suburb fulll of yuppies and you're doing triceps kickbacks with 20lb DBs. Badly.
3. If a gym pass, water bottle, towel, cell phone and a plate are by a bench, someone is using it. It is NOT okay to move all that stuff while I am getting another plate and take over! *****.
4. REAL Men work their legs - you look like a meatball on toothpicks. Get some symmetry.

Apologies, just had to get that off my chest. Today only entails one workout, which was performed this morning. My nutrition for today follows the meal plan for a high carb day established in the beginning of the log.

Bullet Proof: BP was icing on the cake last night - I was barely conscious when I took it and think I was asleep before it ever kicked in.
Sleep Duration:10pm-7:45am
Quality: I woke up a new man this morning. No soreness, feeling rested - you never would've guessed the exertion that had gone on yesterday. Nothing beats deep, deep sleep for recuperation and BP only magnifies that.
Dreams: I'm in a large warehouse, it is empty. I'm having a conversation with a man about something called "Healthy Self". As we are talking, he turns into a bear and, while we continue the conversation, he begins to chew off my arm. My right forearm comes off at the elbow and he keeps chewing away and I'm still talking as if nothing had happened - because I still somehow had a right forearm. Then I actually started thinking, "I have got to remember this for my log tomorrow..." and the bear goes, "Hah! I've got the motto: "Heal Thyself with Healthy Self!" Fini. :p

Assault: Nice to use this in conjunction with BF again. The two seem to really balance each other nicely.
Battle Fuel: Yup. I took lots emotion out on those poor barbells today - emotion all drummed up by BF. Dude it rocks.

Workout: 4x6 supersets
Deadlifts: 405 (That's right, I broke 400 for sets finally!!!)
Dips: BW+80

Weighted Chins: BW+35
Cable Tricep Extensions: 130

Hanging Leg Raises w/4sec eccentric
Seated Calf Raises: 250

The Deads were great - I believe my grip may becoming accustomed to heavier poundage following last weeks sessions. I was elated to break 400! That has been a secondary goal for a while - now if only I could do that with squats...
Dips practically killed me. After all the military and incline pressing I did yesterday, my chest was uncooperative, but I forced it and made it through. Not too much else of note; the chins left my biceps feeling quite pumped and the calf raises were nasty as my legs are quite fried.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I seriously laughed pretty loud when I read about the bear. That is really funny stuff Resolve. I have had several dreams of being severely hurt, but not like that...

Now... time to clog the log with a dream of my own... because I feel like it ;) jk

But anyhow... Do you feel pain in the dreams at all? I have had many dreams of being injured and it hurt like hell.

One dream I had was... I was in a house and I heard some people breaking in. I freaked out and when I heard them run upstairs (I was on the first floor), I ran out the front door. I saw the head burglar come out onto the porch and he was holding an automatic. I cut acrossed the yard and tried running a zig/zag pattern to avoid gunfire. The first bullet clipped my ankle and I fell to the ground and started crawling, but then another bullet ripped through my leg... then another into my side (pierced the kidney) and another felt like it crunched through my upper ribs. The two final bullets went into my head and I could hear my skull shatter. I felt the warmth of my own blood pouring out from my wounds. I was lying dead on my side and I could still see. I was dead and therefore I couldn't move anything. I just felt more and more blood exit my body and my vision started to fade away. Then I woke up.

Another dream was a pain I enjoyed. I've had many like this. In my dreams, I like when I fight women, because I always let them win. I purposely miss, but I make it look like I'm trying. I was fighting this one woman that reminded me of Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3). I threw a few fireballs (green ones) and purposely missed. We ran at each other and engaged in hand-to-hand combat and I was doing some crazy blocks, kicks, and punches, but again... I missed on purpose. I let her beat me up. She pulled out 2 knives and I pretended to be scared. I knew I'd get f*ed up, but I continued to fight instead of running away. I got slashed on my arms, on my sides, and on my face a little bit. I was wiping off the blood from my arm and she stabbed me in my stomach. This hurt worse than I expected. It felt exactly as if I really got stabbed there. My stomach was wrenching unbelievably. Then she kicked my knees and I ended up falling. Then she got on top of me and continued slicing me up and had the most seductive look on her face. I remember she started like sucking the blood from one of my stab wounds and then I woke up. I loved that dream. There's something wrong with me ;)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. Every curl you do in the squat rack brings you one step closer to castration.
2. Wearing a bandanna does not make you bad-ass, it makes you a tool. This is not Watts, this is not North Hollywood, this is a San Diego Suburb fulll of yuppies and you're doing triceps kickbacks with 20lb DBs. Badly.
3. If a gym pass, water bottle, towel, cell phone and a plate are by a bench, someone is using it. It is NOT okay to move all that stuff while I am getting another plate and take over! *****.
4. REAL Men work their legs - you look like a meatball on toothpicks. Get some symmetry.
battlefuel aggression much? :think: :lol:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the one that hits home for me. I can't tell you how many times I've had my backpack, water jug, and logbook all sitting next to a piece of equipment and someone shimmies it over so they can use the machine or bench or whatever it is. It so badly pisses me off.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
come to think of it. I almost bought a bandana yesterday, but you're right. I don't even own a motorcycle. stupid-stupid! i also live in texas though so you can be a tool bag and have much success!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
come to think of it. I almost bought a bandana yesterday, but you're right. I don't even own a motorcycle. stupid-stupid! i also live in texas though so you can be a tool bag and have much success!
:rofl:

I wore a bandana when I had long hair. It actually served a purpose for me. I haven't used one since I've cut mine.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't care about the bandana if my gym were in a different setting - Texas would be a good example; it's a bit rougher and bandana's fit into the culture better. In my town, which is like White-Collar Touristville, USA, everyone's a soccer-mom or an accountant. The two total wannabe tough-guys just don't fit into the mix, especially considering they're 5'9" 180lb and that's all chub. Not bad-ass at all, just delusional.

I used to have long hair too - back when I was a surfer it went past my shoulders. It was actually blond back then too, cuz I was out in the sun all the time. I'd tie part of it back when working out, though I had no real clue what I was doing in a weight room in those days (smith machine half-squats with 400lb? yeah).

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 25

I woke up nauseous as hell yesterday, and stayed that way until about 3:30pm. This made working out incredibly difficult; I spent the entire time just trying not to vomit. You know, burping up little bits of stuff? Ehh, it was awful.

This was not due to Assault of Bullet Proof, if anything Muscle Pharm's stuff was the only reason I made it through that workout at all. I believe I just ate something that didn't agree with me.

Anyways, that workout was incredibly low in intensity and weight but still felt like I was moving mountains. Thank God for BW; she forced me to take long rests between sets and really kept me going.

The workout: 3x12 supersets

Front Squats: 225
w/Upright Rows: 135

Leg Curls: 225
w/Lateral Raises: 40lb DBs

Bench Press: 225
BB Steep Preacher Curl: 115

The squats were, of course, the worst part of the workout. I'm weak with front squats as it is, and yesterday just made them all the more difficult. When done lifting, I was able to spend the day with my family, and relaxed and power-housed Pepto-bismol. I forced some food down, but not nearly enough.
By mid-afternoon, I was feeling better, and by 5pm I was starving, considering that I'd had maybe 1000cals total throughout the day. So when we went to a BBQ for my little brother's football team; I pigged out. First real cheat I've had in a long time, but man did it feel good. Cheeseburgers, hotdogs, chili, baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad; it was one of the meals were I finished it and just felt amazing... as if it were something I just really needed.

Bullet Proof for Day 25
Knowing I did not even come close to my calorie goal for yesterday, I bolstered last night's dose of BP with 15g BCAAs, just for a little extra anti-catabolic help. The flavoring didn't change a bit: the BCAAs bitterness was nowhere to be found and BP tasted as good as it ever did.
Sleep Duration:9:30pm-7:15am
Quality: Between not eating enough, working out and feeling horrible all day, I was drained and ready for bed by 8:30 actually. But we didn't get home from the BBQ until 9:00. I didn't have it in me to eat again and then wait to take BP, so I just downed it with BCAAs and that was that. Slept like a baby.
Dreams: I was watching a man argue with himself. His name was Emmanuel Le Ruqois (don't ask me how my brain came up with this name, I don't know) and he couldn't decide whether he was spanish or french. He was saying "Well, Emmanuel sounds Spanish, so I must be from Spain." Then he'd pause and realize, "But Le Ruqois sounds French, so that must be where I'm from." He went back and forth like this for a while, and everytime he did, his appearance would change as well: his skintone becoming more olive and his hair darker when he was spanish, getting lighter and thinner when he was french. The dream ended when I told him, "dude, you're a freak!"

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:lol:

If you click "Emmanuel Le Iruqois" you don't get anything either. Google should say, "Well I don't f*ckin' know."

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 26 AM Workout

Hallelujah, hallelujah - the illness be cleansed from my soul! Yeah, whatever, but I am feeling better today and actually woke up hungry ( :woohoo: ). Ran Battle Fuel solo, figuring I'd see how it stands up to a strength workout and was pleasantly impressed.

Battle Fuel: The stimulatory/nootropic aspect of this supp is definitely lower than in Assault. You take Assault and 15mins later you feel ready for high-rep clean and presses even if you stayed up all night. Battle Fuel wakes you up, gets you going, but it's main attraction is the aggression. You're not wired as hell, but you're pretty darn sure you could put your head through that brick wall if you just concentrated a bit. I took my BF pack with a cup of coffee this morning and the combo was BEAUTIFUL.

This morning's Workout: 3x6 supersets
Romanian DLs: 405
w/Weighted Dips: BW+80

Weighted Chinups: BW+50
Cable Triceps Extensions: 130

Twist Hanging Leg Raises w/ 4sec Eccentric
w/Seated Calf Raises: 250 w/2sec ecc and 2sec pause at stretch point

My grip is growing accustomed to the higher weights of my DLs - I believe my forearms are making progress! Additionally, the chinups felt suprisingly easy considering the curls I did yesterday; honestly, curls one day and chins the next makes for biceps stimulation. Leg Raises continue to feel like a waste of time, even with all the variation I'm adding to them, but calves are loving the seated raises. Seated seems to isolate and activate them much better than standing bb calf raises for some reason. Looking forward to tonight's session.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
LOL! That's awesome. I don't remember too many names off hand, but it's funny what your brain will decide to manifest as far as characters (enemies & allies)... and just people that don't play a part at all. I've been in alliance with MANY crazy characters. I remember that I was in alliance with a janitor from my high school and he helped me find the railroad underneith the school's hallways. We had some deep conversations too.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Dude. That is a funny ass dream! That's some good weight for chin ups! Its been a while since ice done weighted pull ups or chin ups! Ive just been doin body weight to the max! May have to get back into it!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 26 PM Workout

Yes, weighted chinups are good stuff. Awesome for the back and the biceps.

Anyways, last workout of the week and I rocked it! Felt good, lifted heavy and this morning's workout only seemed to prime me, as it were, for tonight. Ran Assault for this one, and I think that is really the way to go: BF for strength workouts, Assault for hypertrophy/higher reps.

Assault: Assault on its own continues to deliver good energy and endurance. It's creatine and beta-alanine content has also been great for my recovery. I'm sure that the BCAAs i'm taking also contribute to it, but I have had really very little soreness for how heavy and how often I am lifting. I took Assault shortly after having my pre-workout shake, just before leaving for the gym. I am however, considering having half a scoop actually in my pre-wo shake and then the second half in my intra-workout shake. If I do, it'll be for Monday nights workout.

The Workout: 2x12supersets

Deadlifts: 335 PR!
w/DB Bench Press: 95lb DBs

Wide-Grip Lat-Pulls: 225 (Held 1sec contracted)
w/Skull Crushers: 110

Standing Cable Crunches: 100
Wide-angle Seated Calf Raises: 180

Woo! 10lbs on my 12rep Dead PR! My strength has seen some magnificent jumps in the last few weeks, if I say so myself. I am most pleased with the progress I've made in my deads, dips and squats. I'm gonna keep eating and keeping dosin' the Hardcore stack and see just how far I can push this before the end of my log!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
congrats on the PR!!!!!:woohoo:

and that dream is ridiculous lol

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 26 Bullet Proof

The wife was gone last night, out partying with some friends, so I stayed up until 11 watching Family Guy and the Simpsons. I took my BP at about 10:45, a good hour-and-a-half after my last meal of the day, and this increased time between eating and BP made it's effects incredibly more pronounced. I mean, the stuff makes you drowsy as hell even if you ate only 45mins prior, but with the extra time for gastric emptying, I kept nodding off while watching that one last episode.

Sleep Duration: 11pm-8:30am (I slept in, and it felt great!)
Quality: See above parentheses ;) Best I've experienced yet with BP - I'm going to continue attempting to increase the time between my last meal and taking it as much as possible.

Dreams: I'm sorry, I can't remember this time around.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 29 AM and PM

Oh, man I am tired. Very, very tired. Two darn good workouts though; I was able to push pretty well and made some progress. Not so much in my squats, unfortunately, but other movements saw good increases.

AM:
Battle Fuel:
I like it in the mornings - I get all fired up, but it's low enough in caffeine and other stims that I'm comfortable having my morning coffee. Good thing I didn't take it this evening, though, I almost hit some manwhore with a 25plate as it was...

The workout: 4x6supersets (Increased over last week's 3x6)
w/Bent Rows: 240

Seated Shoulder Press: 90lb DBs
w/BB Lunges: 145

Narrow Grip Incline Press: 215
BB Calf Raises: 405

I got into the gym at 7:30. It was actually cold here in SoCal for a change and I was somewhat unprepared for and unaccustomed to it. My joints were stiff as hell towards the beginning - I really should have warmed up more for my squats. As it was, they were a horrible experience. It wasn't so much that the weight felt too much; my knees just didn't want to move! Now I know: early morning lifting = pants and lots of warmup sets. Bent Rows and Shoulder press both felt awesome - increased BRs but shoulders weren't quite ready for a 5lb jump. I did incline press with limited range of motion in the power cage, expecting it to be easier and really pound my triceps. Well it certainly did the latter, but my unfamiliarity with pressing that way meant that I ended up moving less weight for some reason... I don't know, I'll try again and hope for better performance.

PM:
Assault:
because of my schedule today, I didn't get to take my Assault until I was at the gym. I think I might like taking it so close to working out better than 1/2hr beforehand. After a long day, energy was through the roof; it kicked in while I was lifting and it was like being given a blood transfusion or something - all of a sudden I was instantly rejuvenated and my intensity was fantastic from there on out.

the Workout: 3x12supersets

Unilateral Leg Press: 130
Military Press: 135 (PR!)

Wide-angle BB Calf Raise: 365

A guy kind of got in BW's face about the squat cage she was using: he was impatient to get in there and so when she offered it to him after partially unloading the bar he got mad about the 25s still on there. Then he got into this condecending tone and started in with the snide comments. I'm sorry, but you DO NOT treat my wife like the common whores whom gave you the HIV that I'm presuming is causing the massive atrophy across your measly frame. I was holding a 25lb plate and almost hit him with it... instead BW walked away and I got in his face. A lot. I HATE my gym and will be discussing canceling my membership with the manager.
That whole event certainly fueled my aggression though, and I was able to throw 10lbs more on for my Military. I also decided to ditch the split squats for a movement that isolated my leg more, and went with the unilateral leg press that I'd read about in Irish Cannon's log (Thanks man! :thumbsup: ) Man, those are good stuff! Squats for tonight were much better than this morning - my knees were loose and with my stance wide, they felt great.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ya, he was a jerk. As I took off the small 25's, I quietly said to him, "I'm sorry that you are too weak to pull the weights off yourself." From the times I've interacted with him, he seems to be an insecure guy (he's pretty darn ugly) who makes himself feel good by attempting to put others down. Whatever.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya, he was a jerk. As I took off the small 25's, I quietly said to him, "I'm sorry that you are too weak to pull the weights off yourself." From the times I've interacted with him, he seems to be an insecure guy (he's pretty darn ugly) who makes himself feel good by attempting to put others down. Whatever.
Haha! That's awesome!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Good job sticking up for your girl man. Some dudes really have a terrible time respecting women. Probably mommy issues.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good job sticking up for your girl man. Some dudes really have a terrible time respecting women. Probably mommy issues.
In that particular case, I would say it's more the father not teaching his son how to respect women.

A male mommy-issue would be the mother catering to his ever need in which then he would have a skewed view of what women are in his life for...simply to please him and take care of him.

Either way, he sounds like 100% douche.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Haha! That's awesome!

He didn't think so. :/

Yeah, I thought the way he acted seemed like a reflection of how he was treated, particularly by his dad. Just a guess. Maybe he was verbally abused or even physically. He seems to certainly be that type of person himself.

It could just be that his dad didn't teach him how to respect women, like you said, IC.

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Oh, man I am tired. Very, very tired. Two darn good workouts though; I was able to push pretty well and made some progress. Not so much in my squats, unfortunately, but other movements saw good increases.

AM:
Battle Fuel:
I like it in the mornings - I get all fired up, but it's low enough in caffeine and other stims that I'm comfortable having my morning coffee. Good thing I didn't take it this evening, though, I almost hit some manwhore with a 25plate as it was...

The workout: 4x6supersets (Increased over last week's 3x6)
w/Bent Rows: 240

Seated Shoulder Press: 90lb DBs
w/BB Lunges: 145

Narrow Grip Incline Press: 215
BB Calf Raises: 405

I got into the gym at 7:30. It was actually cold here in SoCal for a change and I was somewhat unprepared for and unaccustomed to it. My joints were stiff as hell towards the beginning - I really should have warmed up more for my squats. As it was, they were a horrible experience. It wasn't so much that the weight felt too much; my knees just didn't want to move! Now I know: early morning lifting = pants and lots of warmup sets. Bent Rows and Shoulder press both felt awesome - increased BRs but shoulders weren't quite ready for a 5lb jump. I did incline press with limited range of motion in the power cage, expecting it to be easier and really pound my triceps. Well it certainly did the latter, but my unfamiliarity with pressing that way meant that I ended up moving less weight for some reason... I don't know, I'll try again and hope for better performance.

PM:
Assault:
because of my schedule today, I didn't get to take my Assault until I was at the gym. I think I might like taking it so close to working out better than 1/2hr beforehand. After a long day, energy was through the roof; it kicked in while I was lifting and it was like being given a blood transfusion or something - all of a sudden I was instantly rejuvenated and my intensity was fantastic from there on out.

the Workout: 3x12supersets

Unilateral Leg Press: 130
Military Press: 135 (PR!)

Wide-angle BB Calf Raise: 365

A guy kind of got in BW's face about the squat cage she was using: he was impatient to get in there and so when she offered it to him after partially unloading the bar he got mad about the 25s still on there. Then he got into this condecending tone and started in with the snide comments. I'm sorry, but you DO NOT treat my wife like the common whores whom gave you the HIV that I'm presuming is causing the massive atrophy across your measly frame. I was holding a 25lb plate and almost hit him with it... instead BW walked away and I got in his face. A lot. I HATE my gym and will be discussing canceling my membership with the manager.
That whole event certainly fueled my aggression though, and I was able to throw 10lbs more on for my Military. I also decided to ditch the split squats for a movement that isolated my leg more, and went with the unilateral leg press that I'd read about in Irish Cannon's log (Thanks man! :thumbsup: ) Man, those are good stuff! Squats for tonight were much better than this morning - my knees were loose and with my stance wide, they felt great.
I really use to enjoy doing squats with my legs close together. basically close legged (ankles-knees) smith machines. it built my outer thighs up and my tear drop nicely. typically the further out you go the more inner thigh/leg area you work. I enjoy changing it up. A nice leg exercise (superset) i do is goin from leg ext. to close leg smith machine squat. really close. to the point that going parallel seems impossible but can be done. I will go 15 each for a superset. do that for 4 sets and then you can go to DB leg curl and talk about a great thigh/teardrop routine.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to vary my squat stance as well, though the only variation I can handle in the smith machine is front squats. Anything else obliterates my knees. Haven't done leg extensions in a long time - I've been focusing primarily on compound movements for just sheer mass. As I get bigger and stronger, though, the advantages of isolation movements have been calling out to me. We'll see, maybe I'll run a more traditional bb'ing workout at some point and do leg extensions again...

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
At least try and get some 25-45lb db's and lay on your stomach on a flat bench. have someone put the DB between your feet close them tightly and do some leg curls with the DB. the best way I've ever used to totally concentrate on my hamstrings by far.