Chemical Weapon Barrage! - Unleashing Muscle Pharm's "Hardcore" Stack!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 16

Well, this lower volume week is certainly easier than what I am accustomed to aerobically. I actually have the opportunity to catch my breath, so every time I go into a set of squats or deads or whatever, I feel nice and fresh. It's a nice change.

Bullet Proof: I got to bed late last night (I typically consider staying up past 10pm off-limits on or before training days) and arose this morning at my usual time.
Sleep Duration:11:20pm-7:20am
Quality: Even though I got to bed much later than I like, I couldn't tell the difference this morning. Sure, it was only an hour and a half of lost sleep, but I have slept on approximately the same schedule for several years and any deviations have really screwed me over in the past. So waking up and feeling normal and ready for the day was fantastic.
Dreams: I made Natalie Portman cry because my tax return was due and she didn't want to be a janitor anymore. That is all.

Assault: Still feeling good slammed down right before I leave the house. In conjunction with the Battle Fuel, I had all the muscular capacity, mentality and desire to really push my numbers through the roof. And I did - on all 3 movements today, I entirely obliterated my former records.

Battle Fuel: Again, BF really stood out: I was driven, aggressive and determined. It didn't matter that my hands were hurting and my grip all but gone, I was freaking king in that gym today. I KNEW my previous PRs were gonna fall and I was going to leave no doubt my strength had drastically increased.

The workout:
Deadlifts:
Warmup: 135x1, 225x1, 315x1
Set 1: 365x5
Set 2: 385x5
Set 3: 405x5
Set 4: 435x5
(Both sets 3 and 4 exceed my previous record)

Weighted Chin-ups:
Warmup: BWx5
Set 1: BW+35x5
Set 2: BW+45x5
Set 3: BW+60x5
Set 4: BW+70x5 (PR)
Set 5: BW+70x5

Seated Incline Hammer Curls:
Set 1: 65x5
Set 2: 70x5
Set 3: 75x5
Set 4: 80x5
(Sets 3 and 4 exceed my previous record)

I do not use wrist straps - my forearms are weak, so anything that I can do to really work them (i.e. heavy pulls) I make the most of. That being said, I am sure that if I had used some straps (or maybe Fizogen's The Strap) I could have moved another 20lb on my deads. As it stood, I was just having trouble hanging onto the bar by my last rep. Either way, I am still very proud of the progress I made today.
On my fourth set of chin-ups, BW my training partner said my chin wasn't clearing the bar, so it didn't count. I psyched myself up, and just like with the bench press yesterday, those last five reps came out easy as pie.
The hammer curls, meh, they were just icing after all the other heavy moving I'd already done. I mean who cares about curls when you just cleared your Deadlift and chinup records!? I mean geez - my deads were at 415 for 3 reps before today!!!!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Man, you are making me want to start my training cycle early so I can utilize my Battle Fuel lol, keep it up.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
rocket boots and gloves would certainly rock, but not if they worked less than 1/3 of the time! Knowing my dreams, in that situation, I'd be at about 40k feet and they'd quit on me and I'd plummet for a good 5mins before waking up. :p
Most of the time when I need something to work, it will fail. I guess that's one of my inner fears. The rocket boots and flight stabilizer gloves sucked, except for a few times when they actually worked on demand. Sometimes if I get mad enough and really focus on it working, the anger will override fear and I'll end up getting whatever it is to work.

One time, a couple of my cousins, my brother, my father and I were hiding from some demon-like creatures (scarey though) and we managed to make it to the garage without them hearing us and when we got into the car, it wouldn't start. Things went sour really fast and I had to pull a dream exit strategy by closing my eyes in the dream and waking myself up.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't wake myself up, doesn't work - just kinda have to ride it out and hope for the best.

and IC, Paul, yeah, MP's stuff is really standing tall. I do not typically really support specific supplement companies, in fact the majority of the time I use a brand name product, it's because I've won it or am logging it. Usually, I support specific substances (BCAA, BA, ZMA, etc); however, MP has really made an impression on me - I definitely plan on incorporating these into my regimen after my log is over.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I can't wake myself up, doesn't work - just kinda have to ride it out and hope for the best.

and IC, Paul, yeah, MP's stuff is really standing tall. I do not typically really support specific supplement companies, in fact the majority of the time I use a brand name product, it's because I've won it or am logging it. Usually, I support specific substances (BCAA, BA, ZMA, etc); however, MP has really made an impression on me - I definitely plan on incorporating these into my regimen after my log is over.
Try closing your eyes in the dream. I told one person about that and they made it a point to call me in the wee hours of the morning and said, "dude! it worked! I closed my eyes in my dream and I woke up!"
Also, if you spin around as fast as you can in the dream until your surroundings are blurred, chances are that you will find yourself in a different dreamscape when you slow down.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
just droppin' in to see if there's been progress, and whoo, has there been. those numbers are something else, m'man. keep goin' ya damn silverback!

and on a sidenote, are you and FOG talking about lucid dreaming? man, i wish i could do that. i mean, i'd done it before, but it doesn't happen every time i dream, though. i'm not always in control. but those few times i was, it was good stuff.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am anything but lucid when asleep. I wish I had the presence of mind to be able to get myself to shut my eyes or turn around in a dream, but it's really a more passive experience for the most part.

So, yeah, we're talking about dreams, but FOG is definitely more lucid than I in that department.

Bet you're looking forward to finally hitting the weights tomorrow, huh?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am anything but lucid when asleep. I wish I had the presence of mind to be able to get myself to shut my eyes or turn around in a dream, but it's really a more passive experience for the most part.

So, yeah, we're talking about dreams, but FOG is definitely more lucid than I in that department.

Bet you're looking forward to finally hitting the weights tomorrow, huh?
I wonder if there is a way to train your brain to dream that way. I don't know if I've ever been able to have a lucid dream. Even in my dreams sometimes I think, "Why don't you (place idea here) instead, dumbass?!" - But I never can. I'll wake up and be like, "What the hell? It's a dream, and I can do whatever I want, but I choose to do THAT?!"

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if there is a way to train your brain to dream that way. I don't know if I've ever been able to have a lucid dream. Even in my dreams sometimes I think, "Why don't you (place idea here) instead, dumbass?!" - But I never can. I'll wake up and be like, "What the hell? It's a dream, and I can do whatever I want, but I choose to do THAT?!"
I had a recurring dream through childhood where I was pulled into blackness by something that was horrifying beyond words. It was personified in the form of a dead, clammy woman with stringy hair. I'd always walk down some stairs, or, into a room, and there'd be blackness in the corner. She'd appear and I'd be "dream-paralyzed" as I call it. Well, about six months ago, I had said dream again. Hadn't had that dream since I was about 15. Was 24 this time around.

She grabbed me like before, and TRIED to pull me into this "blackness." But I didn't just float into it with no control, filled with fear I could hardly comprehend upon waking. That time I was angry, and it felt as though my feet were glued to the floor. And I was conscious of the fact that I was dreaming, and that I was pulling my arm close to my body she was pulling at. And squeezing her with the other hand. I then woke up angry. And then when fully awake, was confused, but happy.

The End.

P.S.-Sorry for the left-field hijack, ResolvO.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's incredible what the brain can do when it's allowed to run wild. There are supposed to be ways to increase your chances for lucid dreaming and to give you more control, but I have not looked into that much.

Reoccurring dreams are another thing I've never had and from that example, I'm relieved. Something like that would've terrified me to no end as a kid!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've had a few reoccurring dreams, mostly as a kid. These days instead of reoccurring dreams, on occasion I'll have a series of dreams that end when I wake up and start back up when I fall asleep the next night... they continue going with the same plot. Sometimes my dreams will refer to something I dreamed forever ago. It's funky.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bullet Proof Night 16

Actually got to bed a little early last night, I was beat.

Sleep Duration: 9:45pm-7:25am
Quality: When I was a child, I would often have difficulty sleeping for one reason or another (asthma, nightmares, I'd even stress about school) and my mom's standard remedy was a large dose of Dimetapp or Robitussin to knock me out. It worked, but in retrospect I have often thought that drugging me wasn't the best option. Having now used BP for a while, and having some of the best, most recuperative sleep on it that I have had in a long time, I've begun thinking it could be marketed at lower doses for children with similar sleep problems. Way better than loading them up on dextromethorphan and other OTC meds.

Dreams: Nada this time, folks...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the idea for marketing sleep products for younger kids.

I've had countless good ideas and am kicking myself for not acting on them.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Recurring dreams are somewhat frustrating when I have the dream, realize I've been there before, and yet I make the same choices to result in the same outcome. One dream that comes to mind is when I was younger, I was a passenger in a car and was riding on a freeway. The driver took an exit and we were on a highway road with no other cars in sight. There was tall grass on both sides of the road and that was kind of it. Just fields. As we proceded forth, a sign appeared. It was a yield sign. It made no sense, because there was no intersection or anything. Every hundred feet or so, a sign would be posted. Each sign became more and more intense, trying to keep people from going forward. Yield... Stop... Do Not Enter... Detour... Exit Now... I don't know why I chose to stay in the car and proceed. The driver and I weren't really speaking much either. I assumed it was someone I knew. Finally, the last sign said something like, "Get Off The Road". We kept going. We past an amber blinking light and then the driver stopped in front of a traffic light. There was no intersection. I was uncomfortable that we stopped, so I looked over at the driver to tell him to keep going and I was completely startled and almost paralyzed when I saw that he had no face. He pointed at the windshield and right as I turned to look, the traffic light bent over and smashed through the windshield. That's when I'd wake up everytime. I had this dream 2-3 times. Each time I didn't do anything about it.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Recurring dreams are somewhat frustrating when I have the dream, realize I've been there before, and yet I make the same choices to result in the same outcome. One dream that comes to mind is when I was younger, I was a passenger in a car and was riding on a freeway. The driver took an exit and we were on a highway road with no other cars in sight. There was tall grass on both sides of the road and that was kind of it. Just fields. As we proceded forth, a sign appeared. It was a yield sign. It made no sense, because there was no intersection or anything. Every hundred feet or so, a sign would be posted. Each sign became more and more intense, trying to keep people from going forward. Yield... Stop... Do Not Enter... Detour... Exit Now... I don't know why I chose to stay in the car and proceed. The driver and I weren't really speaking much either. I assumed it was someone I knew. Finally, the last sign said something like, "Get Off The Road". We kept going. We past an amber blinking light and then the driver stopped in front of a traffic light. There was no intersection. I was uncomfortable that we stopped, so I looked over at the driver to tell him to keep going and I was completely startled and almost paralyzed when I saw that he had no face. He pointed at the windshield and right as I turned to look, the traffic light bent over and smashed through the windshield. That's when I'd wake up everytime. I had this dream 2-3 times. Each time I didn't do anything about it.
That's kind of creepy! I used to have this one dream that my family, including extended, went on a family vacation/road trip, and at one point we stayed the night in a high school basket ball court. At one part of room their was this big machine, but no one could figure out what it was. In the middle of the night family members started to disappear. In a desperate search for them, I began to wander around the entire school and eventually found a room on the other side of the machine. It turned out that the machine smashed people into carpets/rugs, and deposited the 'carpet bodies' into the room I had found. I had this one 3 times as a kid.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
That's kind of creepy! I used to have this one dream that my family, including extended, went on a family vacation/road trip, and at one point we stayed the night in a high school basket ball court. At one part of room their was this big machine, but no one could figure out what it was. In the middle of the night family members started to disappear. In a desperate search for them, I began to wander around the entire school and eventually found a room on the other side of the machine. It turned out that the machine smashed people into carpets/rugs, and deposited the 'carpet bodies' into the room I had found. I had this one 3 times as a kid.
Aye, that's creepy. Very creepy. Sometimes when we're awake, we can laugh at what we'd consider nightmares, but yeah... that's scarey. Most of my dreams that took place in school ended up where I'd be in the hall full of classmates and the lights would end up shutting off and when the emergency flood lights came on there was no one in sight.

As far as machines... Funny thing is that in my dreams when I was younger, I HATED lightbulbs. In my dreams, lights would be the network of communication that would notify any creature of where I was. If I was near a lamp, I would not be safe. I also noticed that when I'd turn my back on them, they'd be moved. Goose-neck lamps would also extend and try and survey.... that's weird.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh, Resolve, sorry for the late sub. I am here now though. Youre log is looking great.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Geez, scary stuff guys... I would like to reiterate that I am glad I don't have recurring dreams. I had actually never heard that story from BW before - ya learn something everyday.

MrC - great to see you man! That's a fair bit of catching up you must've done, thank you!

And Irish: Who's Joseph?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 18

Two of my most least-favorite, most difficult lifts made up the majority of today's workout - Military Press and BB Hack Squats. I just suck at them, so I went in this morning telling myself I'd hit my goals no matter what. Honestly, I came darn close all the way around.

Assault: Now, I'm sure that my intra-workout concoction of carbs and BCAAs contributes somewhat to this, but geez! My "between-sets" recovery had been through the roof! Yes, the intra-workout shake helps, but Assault is the primary "energizer" and creatine I'm on and I can tell you, things were not like this when just using and intra-workout shake. At the end of each rest period, I felt practically like I hadn't started lifting yet - fresh, strong and unfatigued, right up until my last set, when I gave it everything I had - after that, I must admit, I was finished.

Battle Fuel: Aggression and determination remain high. I do notice that it is really only in the gym - i.e. a few hours after having taken B.F., so I am confident that this is what the aggression is due to. Psyching-up for these record-breaking sets remains easier and the pain they induce only helps to further my drive.

The workout:
BB Hack Squats
Warm-up: 135x1, 225x1
Set 1: 315x5
Set 2: 330x5
Set 3: 365x5
Set 4: 385x5
(Both sets 3 and 4 exceed previous record)

Military Press:
Set 1: 135x5
Set 2: 155x5
Set 3: 175x5
Set 4: 185x5
Set 5: 190x5
(Set 3-5 are all over my previous 5rep record)

Dips:
Set 1: BW+45x5
Set 2: BW+60x5
Set 3: BW+80x5
Set 4: BW+90x5
Set 5: BW+100x4
(Sets 3 and 4 exceed previous record, set 5 doesn't really count)

Oh man, those dips... jeez... on set 5 I was going strong through the first 4 reps and then I just collapsed. It wasn't like I couldn't push the weight up, no, I went down and pitched forward, just crumpled off the bars - my shoulders were done and not taking anything more. Still, I blew through BW+80 and 90 like they were nothing, and that is a 5 and 15lb increase over my PR.
The Military, don't even get me started, my military is so weak. I was shooting for an even 200, but when I hit 190, I knew that was it - and considering that that is what I was doing push-presses for sets of 3 at two months ago, I think that's a great improvement.
I was considering doing front squats, but opted for the hacks as front squats always end up making my shoulders and biceps the limiting factor - my front squat PR is like 260 for 5, and that just leaves my quads feeling unloved - so enter the hack squats! I blew through my old record of 330 for 3 and just kept adding plates until I began to have trouble keeping form (I.E. had to really focus to keep from just dragging the bar up the back of my legs).
Very please with my performance in general, though I would really like to bring my military up quite a bit.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jeez, dude. You are crushing those BB Hack Squats. I can't even come close to that yet. Nice job!

Solid MP as well. Another one of my trouble areas. All my numbers on pressing movements suck.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't even do a vertical push-up: until I hit that milestone, I consider my shoulders crap. The hack squats, on the other hand, felt awesome!

Also, everybody - next week two-a-days will begin and I have been pondering the best route for peri-workout nutrition. My current thoughts are either:
1. For Both Workouts: BCAA+Malto+Dex for Intra and Ground Rice+Oats+WPI for Post OR
2. For AM Workout: Malto+Dex+Etc. for intra and post; For PM Workout: Just BCAAs for Intra and Ground Rice+Oats+WPI for Post.

I don't want to over do the high glycemic carbs, but I also want to make sure I'm getting the calories and glycogen replenishment that I need. I have tried not using carbs intra and post workout, but my performance just deteriorates too much to consider that.
So, what do you guys think?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't even do a vertical push-up: until I hit that milestone, I consider my shoulders crap. The hack squats, on the other hand, felt awesome!

Also, everybody - next week two-a-days will begin and I have been pondering the best route for peri-workout nutrition. My current thoughts are either:
1. For Both Workouts: BCAA+Malto+Dex for Intra and Ground Rice+Oats+WPI for Post OR
2. For AM Workout: Malto+Dex+Etc. for intra and post; For PM Workout: Just BCAAs for Intra and Ground Rice+Oats+WPI for Post.

I don't want to over do the high glycemic carbs, but I also want to make sure I'm getting the calories and glycogen replenishment that I need. I have tried not using carbs intra and post workout, but my performance just deteriorates too much to consider that.
So, what do you guys think?
This has always been my problem with training 2x a day. The nutrition aspect becomes difficult. What are your goals for each workout? Is one a cardio and the other resistance? Are they both resistance? Is one of them geared more towards strength and the other size? That's all important when it comes to nutrition surrounding the workout.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Both are resistance, one will be a strength (am) and the other a hypertrophy(pm). It's basically my way of losing fat and gaining mass simultaneously without having to do cardio (beyond a nice walk with BW every day).

My concern is overworking my pancreas with such high glycemic loads if I were to do two PWO malto+dex shakes 4 days a week.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Both are resistance, one will be a strength (am) and the other a hypertrophy(pm). It's basically my way of losing fat and gaining mass simultaneously without having to do cardio (beyond a nice walk with BW every day).

My concern is overworking my pancreas with such high glycemic loads if I were to do two PWO malto+dex shakes 4 days a week.
So are you doing the AM workout fasted?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Normal Breakfast 1-1.5hr before hand.
Okay, that makes things better.

Well, for AM I personally would just suck down BCAAs+Creatine+BA intra-workout. Post-workout I'd get in another whole meal if possible.

For your PM workout, I'd take in a shake with WPI+Oats+WMS (50gWPI/60gWMS/1cupOats) pre-workout, same intra-workout drink as in AM, and post-workout, another whole meal.

I would definitely stay away from Malto+Dex if you want to drop fat. I hate that stuff. Maltodextrin and Dextrose seems to be a thing of the past. We have better things now, WMS being that thing.

If you have the means to get a nutrient partitioner such as LG Slin, I'd do that as well. If not, that's okay. Just make sure you watch the waistline, and cut back on WMS accordingly.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WMS is pricey and I've got a ton of Malto and Dex here, so I'll use it up before buying anything else. From your suggestions and what I've read in your log - you prefer a pre-workout shake over a post. I've read that that can be more anabolic than a post-wo, but I've always gone with a full, across the workout approach. Still, I appreciate the feedback and just might give that a try. Thanks.

Also - "Oh, THAT Joseph" Makes sense now.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WMS is pricey and I've got a ton of Malto and Dex here, so I'll use it up before buying anything else. From your suggestions and what I've read in your log - you prefer a pre-workout shake over a post. I've read that that can be more anabolic than a post-wo, but I've always gone with a full, across the workout approach. Still, I appreciate the feedback and just might give that a try. Thanks.

Also - "Oh, THAT Joseph" Makes sense now.
Ya, pre and post workout shakes definitely make things easier. I have the time which is why I've been doing the whole meals.

Have you considered taking something like SLIN or P-Slin with the malto+dex combo?

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Resolve, you are looking sweet! (Dont worry BW, NO HOMO) Those #'s are looking impressive too. I tend to agree with IC on the BCAAs+Creatine+BA intra-workout, seems like you could save the carbs for the second workout when you will probably need the fuel more. (Or at least I would be needing it more then) Also, if I did have to choose between, I like the pre-workout shake more than than the post. I can't workout unless I get some carbs in me preworkout.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Resolve, you are looking sweet! (Dont worry BW, NO HOMO) Those #'s are looking impressive too. I tend to agree with IC on the BCAAs+Creatine+BA intra-workout, seems like you could save the carbs for the second workout when you will probably need the fuel more. (Or at least I would be needing it more then) Also, if I did have to choose between, I like the pre-workout shake more than than the post. I can't workout unless I get some carbs in me preworkout.
Indeed... sweet like a Caramello bar.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
man im a horrible rep i just now got to this log..... i should die now.... :(

btw very nice log :thumbsup:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, looks like I'm out voted - We'll give a pre-workout shake a shot for the pm workout.

So, workout nutrition will look something like:
AM: Breakfast (70+g cho); Intra-workout (~40g cho, BCAA, BA, etc.), Post-wo whole food shake (ground rice, ground oats, WPI)

PM: Pre-workout Shake (Ground Oats+ Dex+WPI), Intra-workout (same as AM), post-workout meal

Also, I'm thinking of splitting up Assault and Battle Fuel; take one in the AM and the other PM - I'd really be able to better differentiate between their effects, though I haven't really had much trouble with that anyways.

Thanks a TON you guys - you have been of great help! :D

And Pistonpump - yeah, go die. How dare you have a life outside my little corner of AM?!

Nah, just kidding, thanks for checking the log out! :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you could split up Assault and Battle Fuel for a couple days just so we have a better understanding of the products that would be awesome! I'm overly curious about these products. By far the best pre-wo mixes I have ever seen.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Hey, see you like using VitC pre and post workout. What benefits have you experienced from this protocol?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you could split up Assault and Battle Fuel for a couple days just so we have a better understanding of the products that would be awesome! I'm overly curious about these products. By far the best pre-wo mixes I have ever seen.
I was thinking the same thing. Using each independently of the other would really help see what each is capable of. Each day I perform two workouts, I will use them separately, and I'll mix up which is used when to see how they perform in different circumstances. I'm lookin' forward to it!

Emerge - using vitC pre and post workout, in my experience, contributes to faster recovery. When lifting as often as I do, recovery is of prime importance and I can feel it, even after one day, when I go without sufficient antioxidant support. I also take green tea extract and eat mucho vegetables for the same reason. When lifting twice a day, my vitC intake will be increased to 8-10g/day. I drink enough water to offset any dehydrating effects (which I have never honestly noticed, though read about) it may have.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Keep updates on the dreams, holmes.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 19

Well, today was the last of the 5rm workouts and I feel like I went out strong. Recovery is up, strength is up and I can't wait for next week!!!

Bullet Proof: I got home last night at about 11:15, and didn't get to bed until 11:45 - much later than to what I am accustomed. Because of this, I allowed myself to sleep in a little bit. I experienced some drowsiness upon first waking this morning, but I am unsure whether it was due to BP or just my overall exhaustion from the previous night.
Sleep Duration: 11:45pm - 8:30am
Quality: Oh, nothing feels so good as a long slumber after a long day. I remained unconscious straight on through the night, with deep restful sleep, until I was awakened by loud noises, but more on that in a moment.
Dreams (aka Foggy's true interest in this thread) ;) : I'm walking through a field; tall grass blowing in the breeze, and rolling hills all around. I then recognized the hills and the field through which I was walking - it's a few miles south of my house. As I realize this, I start noticing hospital equipment; gurneys, instrument tables, heart monitors, scattered about in the grass. Then I start noticing that there are dead people laying all over in the grass as well. Shots start sounding all around and I dive headlong into the grass. That's when I woke up to the sound of my nextdoor neighbor hammering something at 6:30 in the morning. The moron - he had me thinking I was being shot at!

Assault: Things went great today all the way around. My energy was higher than has even been normal while running this stack -sleeping in plus Assault is an AWESOME combo! Additionally, muscular stamina remained high particularly in my arms - with all the pulling I was doing, I still had it in me to set a BB curl PR.

Battle Fuel: I got really mad at myself today - not because I failed at anything, but because I actually tried using a hammer-strength row machine. I quickly realized what an ego-building waste of time it was and the ensuing anger made chest supported rows much better. Psyching-up remains incredibly easy - I have never been able to so focus and force the adrenaline to pump like this. While the effects of Assault and BP can be felt almost immediately upon first consumption, Battle Fuel seems to only get better as time goes on.

The workout:

Romanian Deadlifts:
Warm-ups: 135x1, 225x1, 315x1
Set 1: 365x5
Set 2: 385x5
Set 3: 405x5
Set 4: 435x5
(3 and 4 broke former PR)

Hammer-Strength Row Machine:
Warm-ups: 205x1, 295x1
Set 1: 410x5
(At this point, I realized that I was going to have move a ridiculous amount of weight to get any real kind of workout from the stupid thing, and switched over to chest supported rows)

Chest Supported Rows:
Set 1: 225x5
Set 2: 240x5
Set 3: 250x5

BB Curls:
Set 1: 115x5
Set 2: 135x5
Set 3: 155x5 (PR)

That's right, I made my RDLs match my regular deads. Again, the only thing holding me back from pulling more was my grip, which I will continue working on. As the RDLs just smoked my spinal erectors and core, I chose rowing movements that would cut them some slack but still prove taxing to my upper back. The chest-supported rows were just the ticket, but I haven't done them in so long that I really can't say I broke any previous PR, today was pretty much establishing the record for future breaking.
The curls rocked! My curl record is actually 135x6 on the preacher bench, which I have always found makes curls easier for some reason, so to smash that by 20lb and complete it standing (and without cheating!!!!) is a great improvement. Now, these were not slow, concentrated or gironda curls by any means - they were fast, powerfull and required pretty much all the ab and back stabilization I could muster, because, oh, I wanted to swing that weight up bad. But I kept 'em legit, and I am proud.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice numbers youre a pretty strong dude.

8-10g vitc! damn. the most ive gone is the 3-4g range. another benefiet is that it reduces cortisol so you get better muscle retention as well....or so ive read.

so are you liking the Bulletproof taste yet? i have a tub of grape here still unopened but i think its not going to be as good as the orange raspberry, we shall see.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bullet Proof Night 19

Thank you for mentioning the cortisol reduction from vitC - I've read that too and forgot to mention it. :)

And, yes, I am actually quite enjoying the taste of BP now. As long as you are not expecting it to taste like oranges, but rather just enjoy as it is, it is a very mellow, smooth and sweet flavor. I am curious to hear what the grape is like, I may have to try that at some point.

Sleep Duration: 11pm-8am
Sleep Quality: Well, it was another late night, I've been going to bed later than I would prefer because of other factors in my life. Still, I slept right on through until 8, no tossing and turning , no trouble nodding off, and was am thoroughly rested this morning.
Dreams: I have been having trouble remembering my dreams the last couple of days - yesterday's I had to really think hard and it only came back to me by random mental associations. This morning, I know had at least one, but it's very fuzzy. BW, on the other hand, had quite a doozy (mucho laughter when she told me), but she has to be the one to tell it. If you want to hear it, flattery works wonders with her. ;)

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh, yes, I also have a heck of a time getting to bed earlier. I have a sneaking suspicion that my recovery and progress is somewhat inhibited by that fact.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh, yes, I also have a heck of a time getting to bed earlier. I have a sneaking suspicion that my recovery and progress is somewhat inhibited by that fact.
i felt the same way for a long time. when i get home the sun is already out so that doesnt help. when your body wants to go to sleep but your mind wont i think that releases alot of cortisol too. i would always have a hard time getting good sleep but in all honesty i dont have that problem with Bulletproof in my arsenal. I may be biased but you should try it if you suspect that not having addiquite(sp) rest is hindering your progress.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
i felt the same way for a long time. when i get home the sun is already out so that doesnt help. when your body wants to go to sleep but your mind wont i think that releases alot of cortisol too. i would always have a hard time getting good sleep but in all honesty i dont have that problem with Bulletproof in my arsenal. I may be biased but you should try it if you suspect that not having addiquite(sp) rest is hindering your progress.

I may have to try it. I missed the 50% off coupon, didnt I? Does Bulletproof have any proprietary ingrediants? I am going to have to head over to your guys site to check out the ingrediant list. I havent had much success with OTC sleep aids. I cant feel how amazing I felt today though in the gym.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
The dream with the hospital equipment is definitely interesting. I'm not sure what it means or if it means anything. Most dreams have valuble meaning, but are interpretted wrong. I tell someone my dream and he/she will go the obvious route. Like the dream I had with the signs and the driver without a face... 2 people said, "Well I think it means you're coasting through a direction in life that you're not supposed to be going. The signs are trying to tell you to go another route and the traffic light crashing through the windshield means that you're inevitably going to 'crash'. As for the driver without a face. That means that you don't feel in control of your life and don't know who your friends are."

It was a good interpretation, but it didn't really apply to me at the time.

As for a similar dream... I remember dreaming that I was walking down the stairs to my basement and it was totally dark. I flicked on the lights and was almost petrified when I saw that my basement was a morgue. The bodies of soldiers were on the floor in body bags. I heard my mom crying over by the bar we had in the basement, so I set aside my fears and ran over to console her and hug her. She was sitting on the floor crying. She pointed behind me and I saw a corroded corpse crawling slowly around the bar towards us. I didn't think to utilize lucidity and even if I did, I was so frightened that any powers I may have tried had a slim chance of working. I grabbed a bottle of liquor from behind the bar and smashed it on the corpse then I woke up.

Dreams with dead bodies are weird.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here is a tentative meal plan for my peri-workout nutrition:

AM Workout:
Breakfast: 1C Groats & Barley Porridge, 1C Whole Organic Yogurt, 1C Berries, 1 Organic Grapefruit, 4 Eggs, 25g WPI

Pre-to-intra-workout Shake: 10g Dex, 10g Malto, 15g BCAAs

Post-workout Whole Food Shake: 1C Milk, 1/2C Ground Rice, 1/2C Ground Oats, 1/2C Pumpkin, 48g WPI

PM Workout:
Pre-workout Shake: 40g Dex, 20g Malto, 1C Ground Oats, 60g WPI

Intra-workout Shake: Same as AM

Post-Workout Meal: Mucho Veggies; Beans, Whole Wheat Pasta or Sweet Potatoes, 50g Lean Chicken or Beef Protein, 30g Healthy Fat of Choice.