Can This Old Guy Get Shredded? Cutting w/ H-Drol & MMV2 Can Be Fun!

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the answers guys and I think you're right, it is mostly an ego thing, but dammit my ego will be stroked!! In the past I was doing 245 for 4 reps so it's not that I'm worried about the weight crushing me. In fact, now that you make me think about it I was stuck at 190-ish a couple months prior to that PR and I broke through that because one of the guys at my gym put me under a bar with 245 on it "just to try". OK, now I have a plan and can't wait to hit chest again. I am gonna own that 2nd plate in February!
:bruce1:
Thats it. Just get into that mind set and hit it hard. And our egos were made to be stroked. Along with other things....

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think benching has more mind connection than a lot of other movements. It crazy to me to be able to handle a weight one week and then get pinned by it the next. That and when you see the plates on the bar I can get stressed just by that. crazy...

It is because when i am juiced i will sit on the Bench and just repeat to myself Trust the Juice Trust the Juice and i get the weight up

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
It is because when i am juiced i will sit on the Bench and just repeat to myself Trust the Juice Trust the Juice and i get the weight up
I hear that.
I always try to do the same thing before each set no matter what the weight is. Same routine each time. But as the weight gets heavier I do tend to focus more on the actual mechanics of sticking your feet to the floor and getting my shoulders planted aquare on the pad. Not that I don't do it during the lighter weights but those are still the warm ups where I am thinking of the next sets.
I think you have to have some jedi mind trick to trick your own mind into believing that you can press that weight off your chest. I do try to visualize the entire lift before i sit back, then take a huge breath and rock back and grab the death out of the bar. Yank on it, plant grip and go.

I'm getting all fired up just thinking about this right now! I may have to bench tomorrow no matter what!

carib102

carib102

Awards
Day 6 (1/28/09)

6mg of M-TRN (2mg at 9am, 2mg at 4pm, 2mg at 10pm)
50mg of H-Drol (25mg at 10am, 25mg at 10pm)
3 caps of MMV2 (1 cap at 10am, 2 caps 8pm pre-cardio)
12.5mcg T-3 taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach

SUPPLEMENTS:
Supplements consisted of multi-vitamin, fish oil, hawthorn berry, BCAA during workout and ON protein.

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:
191.0 lbs (up 5.5 lbs)
Holy ****! Who knew that meal at Olive Garden was gonna jack my weight up like this, huh? 2.5 lbs in one day! Hehe, not a great way to start a cut is it? I'll bet I took in as many carbs in that one meal as I've been eating in 2-3 days. On a positive note, I'm not looking like I added any fat. In fact, I'm actually looking leaner if a bit smoother after the carb fest last night. Should be back on the serious cut now until the wife b-day dinner in March.

SIDES:
1) LIBIDO – High and higher!
2) BP – Not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Normal
4) HAIR LOSS – No shedding, but I'm not prone either
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
6) TESTICULAR ATROPHY – Still plump as plums
7) MISC. - Noticing partial pumps throughout the day. It's cool mayne!

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:
Great mood again today even though my weight is sky high compared with last Friday. The mirror is showing positive changes (a bit leaner and muscles looking harder) and veins are starting to jump out when I'm pumped. Been a few years since I've seen this so as you can imagine it's pretty exciting.

DOMS in my back started to so away around dinner time, but now the tri's and chest and starting to remind me what I did yesterday...ahhhh the sweet pain.

The Workout(s):
No weights today, just a cardio session. Would have been double cardio today if it weren't for the damn snow and ice!

Treadmill 45 minutes at 3.5mph and 8.5% incline.

THOUGHTS:
I think I'm gonna take all the good advice here and kill the bench press. Not scheduled for chest until next Monday, but I may just see what I can do with 225 or 245 on Friday during my back workout. You guys have me that fired up to get back to the bench! Now I'm off to see if I can't get the before pictures together and posted since we're almost on page three of thios thread. Why didn't someone remind me to save posts #2 & #3 for before and after pics?

carib102

carib102

Awards
Here's my before photos all taken on 1/23/09. I'll definitely post after photos at the end of my PCT and am also considering a set of photos after the 6 week cycle is over. Let me know what you think, but keep in mind I have no experience posing and was a fat(er) **** just 3 months ago.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
I would say wait to check the bench status? Just stay on the routine that is obviously working for you and then do some heavier stuff on its scheduled day. I know it is exciting to go after some heavy stuff but I think the program you have going is showing strong results so sticking to it is a good thing.

Thats just my opinion of course. I can't wait to hear the results of the next chest routine.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Cool tats and I am really looking forward to how this how this combo leans you out. This should definately help your goals and it sounds looks like you have made great progress already.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
better late then never, ill be pulling for you.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Cool tats and I am really looking forward to how this how this combo leans you out. This should definately help your goals and it sounds looks like you have made great progress already.
Thanks Silver, the tats were a product of a wilder youth.

We'll see how the combo works as the proof will be in the final photo's huh? Based on the scale I'm not doing too great so far, but I know why and I know that trend will reverse itself. I think this will be a strong finish the last two weeks and through PCT. In the meantime I'm focused on keeping the strength up and even increasing amidst my sub-maintenance calorie intake. It's definitely on!

carib102

carib102

Awards
It's go time baby! Steelers draw first blood! :aargh4: :head: :hammer:

WE WILL NOT BE DENIED! :head: :head: :head:

carib102

carib102

Awards
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? A 100 yard interception return to end the half!?!! GO STEELERS!! Whoo Hooo!!!:nutkick:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I am suprised the game is not closer. Az keeps self destructing.

As a cowboys fan I hope for a good comeback.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Sorry Silver. My son is feeling the pain as a Cowboys fan as well.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
That game should have been called the penalty bowl. The steelers played a better game, their defense reminds me of the old "Iron Curtain" defense of years past.

I too like the tats... I have a few myself. They aren't a product of a wilder youth, go get yourself some more ink! You only live once!

carib102

carib102

Awards
That game should have been called the penalty bowl. The steelers played a better game, their defense reminds me of the old "Iron Curtain" defense of years past.

I too like the tats... I have a few myself. They aren't a product of a wilder youth, go get yourself some more ink! You only live once!
Yeah the Steelers "D" is definitely ballin'. I've been watching them play ever since the mid-70's and this defense is similar to the "Iron Curtain", but those were different times and I think those guys (Hamm, Lambert, Greene, etc) were harder men overall.

Hehe...I may just do that. I've been considering doing something when in Thailand as I love the Thai style tats. And getting it done with that manual long ass stick thing would be cool as all hell.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
It's slow and painful, but the end result usually looks sick. Be very careful of infection though.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's slow and painful, but the end result usually looks sick. Be very careful of infection though.

I have a big one that takes up about 1/4 of my back done old school style it took two days and i was biting on a tshirt most of the time.

carib102

carib102

Awards
I have a big one that takes up about 1/4 of my back done old school style it took two days and i was biting on a tshirt most of the time.
The second day hadda be killer. I have a tiger on my leg that goes from my knee to my ankle and that took 9 hours (one sitting). Ahhh, the sweet pain. Do you have any pics of that tat posted here?

carib102

carib102

Awards
I'll be doing my best to watch out for sure. Lord knows there are all kinds of nasties to get infected with in SE Asia. Fortunately my wife is an RN and worked in Bangkok for 3 years so I should be pretty well covered health wise.

Upstate08

Awards
Hey, I had a quick question irrelevant pertaining to a PCT and cyclo bolan. My friend had taken one pill and immediately decided he didn't want to continue the cycle. As a result, he questioned whether or not it would be a smart idea to take the PCT even though he had only taken one pill.

Thanks

carib102

carib102

Awards
Hey, I had a quick question irrelevant pertaining to a PCT and cyclo bolan. My friend had taken one pill and immediately decided he didn't want to continue the cycle. As a result, he questioned whether or not it would be a smart idea to take the PCT even though he had only taken one pill.

Thanks
He's not gonna be shutdown after just one pill dude. Your friend should be fine to just stop and maybe you want to direct him to AM to do some reading before he ventures into the world of PH/AAS again.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The second day hadda be killer. I have a tiger on my leg that goes from my knee to my ankle and that took 9 hours (one sitting). Ahhh, the sweet pain. Do you have any pics of that tat posted here?

they are somewhere on here in the pics section but it's been so long i'm not sure what the thread was even called.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established

Thanks

It's funny how it's always someone's "friend" who messed up with steroids... Who on earth really researches for someone else?

"Um, well I'm 21 but my friend is 18 and he wants to try halodrol, he'd be ok right?" :lol:

I give this post 4 slaps upside the head.
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

carib102

carib102

Awards
It's funny how it's always someone's "friend" who messed up with steroids... Who on earth really researches for someone else?

"Um, well I'm 21 but my friend is 18 and he wants to try halodrol, he'd be ok right?" :lol:

I give this post 4 slaps upside the head.
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
Haha...I was thinking the same thing. Must be a really good friend to get out there and do all the research for him. Ah well, I can only hope that he will tell his "friend" to actually do some reading in the future before taking something that can have such an impact on his body and it's systems.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Day 11 (2/2/09)

3 caps of MMV2 (1 cap at 10am, 2 caps 8pm pre-workout)
25mcg T-3 taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach

SUPPLEMENTS:
Supplements consisted of multi-vitamin, fish oil, hawthorn berry, BCAA during workout and ON protein.

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:
186.0 (up 0.5 lbs) - Weight is coming back to where it needs to be and I would think that by the end of the week will start to drop a bit. In any case I am looking leaner in the mirror and the wife has also commented that I look leaner so something must be working. Plus tonight during my chest workout I was seeing some mean vascularity jumping out on my arms, something I haven't seen in years. Me likey :banana:

SIDES:

2) BP – 134/70 - normal for me
3) AGGRESSION – Simmering under the surface
4) HAIR LOSS – No shedding
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:
Still maintaining a great mood even through the current stress at work. Even though I can feel the aggression under the surface I am really calm and collected on the outside, which hasn't always been the case in the past. Really feel like I'm still cruising and the best part of this cycle is just around the bend.

The Workout(s)
Bit of a change up. Will be doing Mon-Fri workouts with each body part getting hit once. Volume is increasing and I am also increasing rep count and starting to throw in some drop sets. This is gonna get fun!

Flat DB Press: 10/60, 10/75, 8/90, 4/90 - the 90's are a PR :rocketwhore:
Incline DB Press: 10/50, 8/70, 6/70 drop and 4/50
Incline Fly: 12/40, 12/40, 11/40
Cybex Press: 12/75, 12/120, 11/120 drop and 4/90
Cable Crossover: 15/30, 15/30, 20/30 - nice and slow with 2-3 sec. hold on the contraction. Feel the burn baby! :angryfire:

Twisting rope crunch: 20/100, 20/130, 16/160
Leg raise: 10/15, 10/15, 10/15
Incline crunches: 15, 12, 12

THOUGHTS:

Loving the mood, loving the returned vascularity, loving the energy and focus in the gym and loving the increased libido. What's not to love about this cycle.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Nice PR's. My first MMV2 cycle my flat bench jumped from 85'sx4 to 110's x3. *You got halodrol on your side too brudda, around week 3 start cranking that weight to the max!!!

Just make sure you get enough joint support! Way to go homie!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THOUGHTS:[/B]
Loving the mood, loving the returned vascularity, loving the energy and focus in the gym and loving the increased libido. What's not to love about this cycle.
Hel, I'm loving this thread!!! :woohoo:

Awesome job you're doing on this log my brother!! :fing02:

And just think, the best is yet to come........

carib102

carib102

Awards
Nice PR's. My first MMV2 cycle my flat bench jumped from 85'sx4 to 110's x3. *You got halodrol on your side too brudda, around week 3 start cranking that weight to the max!!!

Just make sure you get enough joint support! Way to go homie!
I can't wait to start pushing those triple digit dumbells :head: Another week or so until the H-Drol kicks in full and then I'll be cranking it higher and higher for the following 3 weeks. Could be the 110's are within reach. Another thing to consider is that my last H-Drol cycle kept kicking for the first week or so into PCT which is awesome. No joint support added yet, but no joint problems either.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Hel, I'm loving this thread!!! :woohoo:

Awesome job you're doing on this log my brother!! :fing02:

And just think, the best is yet to come........
Glad you're enjoying the log...it's always good to please the gods. :notworthy:

Just wish I could be a bit more detailed, but I'm already updating at like 10:30 at night and my energy levels are typically shot by then.

Yeah mayne the best is still to come and I can't wait to share it with you all (no homo).

carib102

carib102

Awards
What a morning. Up late and rushed through my leg workout (turned out to be not a bad thing) and then when I get home the damn microwave is dead! :frustrate: :rant: :damnit:

So, instead of my normal oatmeal I ended up having Frosted Flakes with banana. Yeah I know not too great, but it is my cheat day and it was post workout, so hopefully all that sugar won't do too much damage. Diet for the rest of the day is still dialed in with the exception of tonights meal after my PM cardio which will be my homemade Buffalo wings. Hey, a guys gotta live mayne! :veryhappy:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
What a morning. Up late and rushed through my leg workout (turned out to be not a bad thing) and then when I get home the damn microwave is dead! :frustrate: :rant: :damnit:

So, instead of my normal oatmeal I ended up having Frosted Flakes with banana. Yeah I know not too great, but it is my cheat day and it was post workout, so hopefully all that sugar won't do too much damage. Diet for the rest of the day is still dialed in with the exception of tonights meal after my PM cardio which will be my homemade Buffalo wings. Hey, a guys gotta live mayne! :veryhappy:
Honestly, post workout you are supposed to take in 60-80 gm of simple carbs... which is exactly what those frosted flakes are. There are better sources, but there are a lot worse sources too. Hell, CellTech by Musclesh!t has 80 gm of dextrose in the damn stuff. Not what I would recommend, but it does the job.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Yeah I know. Sometimes I'll even indulge myself with Skittles after a good workout. Not ideal, but it's a nice reward once in awhile. Mostly I was just pissed about the microwave.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't wait to start pushing those triple digit dumbells :head: Another week or so until the H-Drol kicks in full and then I'll be cranking it higher and higher for the following 3 weeks. Could be the 110's are within reach. Another thing to consider is that my last H-Drol cycle kept kicking for the first week or so into PCT which is awesome. No joint support added yet, but no joint problems either.

I wish my gym and triple digit db's highest is 100lb

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established

I swear I crave Frosted Flakes. I have given up so many of my past breakfast foods (donuts, chicken bisquets, bacon bisquets, pancakes, etc...), but every now and then I have to get a bowl of Frosted Flakes with my skim milk.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
That sux man. I think mine goes to 125's but haven't taken that much notice since I'm a while away from needing them.
The gym I go to is a more manly gym with few women. Not that the gyms anyone here goes to are soft but this one is especially suited to guys. Open smelly and limited visual motivation.The owner made most of his equipment since he was a welder. It's all basically the same stuff as the machines in the clubs except he made them. He also has Hammer stuff and Cybex stuff.

But the point is since it caters to more dudes and meat heads he has hand crafted DB'S up to 180! They don't get much use but I have used them on several occassions for different things. He has put up multiple disclaimers about using them at your own risk and all that. Some idiot high school kid dropped one on his foot just trying to pick it up. how'd that work out for him? he wasn't back for quite a while.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
LOL... 180lbs...

I picked up a 150 once and decidedly put it back on the rack very quickly. 120 is the highest I have ever managed to try on bench, and 115 is the highest I have achieved. 120 is goin' down on this next cycle.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
LOL... 180lbs...

I picked up a 150 once and decidedly put it back on the rack very quickly. 120 is the highest I have ever managed to try on bench, and 115 is the highest I have achieved. 120 is goin' down on this next cycle.
Yea dude. Its pretty intimidating to look at that many plates on either side of your hand. They do have a lot of dust on them though so many people have just looked at them and walked away.
I've never flat benched them. The most I have DB'D ont he flat was 150's. Also back in my youth. But I did do decline with the 180's a few years back. Had to have them handed to me though. That much weight just gets frickin' awkward to deal with. But I banged out some reps so that was quite the ego stroke. But I really have used them for one armed rows mostly and shrugs. I like them at the end of the back workout to really thrash the back.

I imagine you have at least those 120's in you no doubt. LIGHT WEIGHT!

carib102

carib102

Awards
LOL... 180lbs...

Are you kidding me? Just 120's??? I expect to see you reppin' the 130's by the end of that killer cycle you're looking at mayne! Let's go get it!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Are you kidding me? Just 120's??? I expect to see you reppin' the 130's by the end of that killer cycle you're looking at mayne! Let's go get it!
No 130's at the gym... the 150s were at an old gym I used to go to. Maybe I'll have to go pay a 1 time fee and just flex up on all the old crew. God the gym owner is a dork though... such a kook.

MATTYO1977

Awards
  • Established
Big Ronnie is in an entirely different league than us guys. That dude is just a machine.
YEA BUDDY!
LIGHT WEIGHT!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I know. Sometimes I'll even indulge myself with Skittles after a good workout. Not ideal, but it's a nice reward once in awhile.
Before Timber chimes in, he and I are big advocates of candy corn post-workout!!!

As the late Road Warrior Hawk would say, "Oooh, what a rush!" :sgrin:

[nomedia]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lw_BOqOArE[/nomedia]

carib102

carib102

Awards
Day 12 (2/3/09)

3 caps of MMV2 (1 cap at 10am, 2 caps 8pm pre-workout)

SUPPLEMENTS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

186.5 (up 1.0 lbs)

SIDES:

2) BP – not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Simmering under the surface
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Mood is still rockin' it. Having a good time and enjoying, especially since tonight will be my cheat meal and wings are on the menu!

The Workout(s)

I was running late today and needed to get my legs done in just 45 minutes. So...time to reduce rest times and bust out some supersets. 30 second rests between sets baby, let's burn these legs! :drillsergeant:

Squat: 10/35, 8/185, 8/225, 8/225
Lunge: 10/50, 10/50, 8/50, 8/50
superset with
Stiff Leg Deads: 10/95, 10/95, 10/115, 10/115
Leg Press: 10/270, 10/360, 10/360
Leg Extension: 12/90, 10/105, 10/105
superset with
Lying Leg Curl: 9/95, 9/95, 9/95

All done in just 42 minutes and I felt like I was gonna fall over by the end. It's been a long time since I busted out this kind of intensity with the short rests between sets for an entire session and I was spent, but it felt great.

THOUGHTS:

Can't wait for the wings tonight! :yumyum:

carib102

carib102

Awards
I've gotta say that after yesterdays workout my hammies had some serious DOMS. I think it's because I haven't done stiff leg deads in so long, but it was nice to have 'em feelin' that way because I know I made 'em grow. Yeah! Grow beyotches grow!

carib102

carib102

Awards
Day 13 (2/4/09)

3 caps of MMV2 (2 caps at 8am pre-workout, 1 cap 8pm)

SUPPLEMENTS:

MEASUREMENTS & WEIGHT:

189.0 (up 3.5 lbs)

SIDES:

2) BP – not measured
3) AGGRESSION – Getting a bit more pronounced.
5) GYNO SYMPTOMS - None
7) MISC. - None

MOOD/ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE:

Still feeling great. Energy is high and I feel like I can keep going forever in the gym. I love that feeling, just need to hold back sometimes.

The Workout(s)

Shoulders and traps today. Split 'em up between am and pm workouts.

AM
DB Shoulder Press: 10/50, 8/60, 6/75, 5/75 - The 6 reps is a PR! +2 reps
giant set
Lateral DB Raise: 10/30, 10/30, 8/30
Front DB Raise: 10/30, 10/30, 8/30
Rear DB Raise: 10/30, 10/30, 8/30

I love doing that giant set. The burn and pump are amazing. By the third set my delts are so full of blood it feels like I can't even raise my arms.

PM
DB Shrugs: 10/70, 10/85, 8/100, 6/100
Rear BB Shrug: 10/135, 8/185, 6/185 - My grip is like a little girls man. My forearms just give up on this. I will improve that!

Treadmill for 45 minutes at 3.5mph and 9.0% incline

THOUGHTS:
I can see that my aggression was definitely increased today. Just no patience for stupid people, but I kept it in check. Felt a bit bloated in the morning, but I wasn't surprised at that considering the cheat meal. By evening that had gone away and I was feeling tight again in my abs. DOMS in my hammies is intense and still have a small bit of DOMS in the chest from Monday as well.