Calories/Starvation Mode/Clen

etlloos

Awards
I recently began cutting, but to me a cut has always seemed more complicated than a bulk, and i need some help

I understand the simple rule of calories in and out, but what i don't get is starvation mode, and if Clen has an effect on it.
I burn around 3500 calories a day before clen, and the last couple days, after adjusting my portions and diet, have taken in around 1300 and feel pretty satisfied at the end of the day. Will maintaining a calorie count that low put me into starvation mode if my protein is still 120+ grams a day? and will the Clen help prevent starvation mode since its supposed to be slightly anabolic(or at least anti-catabolic)?
If not, how can i prevent starvation mode, and still lose weight as quickly as possible, without losing muscle mass?

boxer12

Awards
Don't know about Clen but maybe try the Lean Gains diet. It's working for me. Leangains.com

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By dropping your calories too low you risk dropping your metabolism. A way to keep a eye on it is by your body temp.

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
LeanGains is def solid.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clen isn't anabolic or anti catabolic.

Why "as fast as you can"? Did you gain the fat that fast? No, so what makes it so critical to drop fast, or makes you think you can do it fast and safely ?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Clen isn't anabolic or anti catabolic.

Why "as fast as you can"? Did you gain the fat that fast? No, so what makes it so critical to drop fast, or makes you think you can do it fast and safely ?
trying to lose ''as fast as you can'' comes from being insecure with your body.

most of the time people that want to lose fast, have never lost before and don't know how. once you figure out how to lose fat, carrying a little extra doesn't bother you as much - because you know you can get rid of it when you want.

this is why bodybuilders don't mind getting big and fat . to them, it is a temporary, necessary evil because they know how to get rid of it as easy as they put it on

etlloos

Awards
so i changed my attitude a little, and i do what it takes to push to 2k by the end of the day(still seems low though), and take in like 75% of those calories directly after working out, with a protein shake 1hr before, and 1g Protein per lb of lean mass, with a Re-feed every Sat. Will this help keep my metabolism up, while still maximizing Fat loss?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so i changed my attitude a little, and i do what it takes to push to 2k by the end of the day(still seems low though), and take in like 75% of those calories directly after working out, with a protein shake 1hr before, and 1g Protein per lb of lean mass, with a Re-feed every Sat. Will this help keep my metabolism up, while still maximizing Fat loss?
What is your age, weight, bodytype, training schedule and intensity, etc..

You are asking us how many calories you should eat without really providing any information about yourself.

etlloos

Awards
21, 175, Muscular? probably about 13% BF, some visible abs, but only top 2, 5 days a week, 1 hr a day, and i work a retail Job roughly 5 days a week. I don't really "rest" much otherwise(besides time on the computer), and do small **** in my off time (archery, swimming, etc)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your maintance is probably around 2600 calories (estimating). What you do is detail and keep track of what your eating and monitor your weight on a weekly basis. After you find your calorie range where you maintenance is at you subtract around 500 calories and again monitor your progress. On days you dont lift you dont need as much calories vs days you are more active. Its all a big math problem. As for your macros you can do 1g protein x bodyweight and .5g fat x bodyweight and the rest you can fill with whatever really. Most peple find they are sensitive to carbs so like to cut back somewhat.. if that is the case just add more fat and/or protein in. As long as you are in a calorie deficit you will loose weight.

Hope that helps you out some..

If you want some reading material check out www.scivationbooks.com the american diet is a pretty solid outline and easy to do.

etlloos

Awards
so are the calculators that you find in an app basically just crap? they always have me listed between 3.3 and 3.7k per day...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so are the calculators that you find in an app basically just crap? they always have me listed between 3.3 and 3.7k per day...
Really all of those calorie calculators are crap. Generally BW x 13-15 gives you a rough estimate of where about your maintence is, but even then it is just an estimate. There are some calulators that get pretty calculate details such as age, bodytype, BF% etc.. but in generall YOU have to find YOUR own maintence level and then add or subtract calories depending on your goals.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they are just guidelines, there is easily a +/- 15% either way on them, and unless you are weighing and measuing everything that goes into your mouth, your variation on what you think you are eating is as large too.