Blood Results Back, Curious to see what people think

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so i've been on androgel, 4 pumps a day, and 3mg of arimidex a week for the past 3 months. just got a call from my doctor and the results from my last blood tests are:

total test: 1134
free: 401 i think he said
estrogen: 60

he advised me to take 1mg of arimidex 5xs a week. curious to see what the docs on here say

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
so i've been on androgel, 4 pumps a day, and 3mg of arimidex a week for the past 3 months. just got a call from my doctor and the results from my last blood tests are:

he advised me to take 1mg of arimidex 5xs a week. curious to see what the docs on here say
Repost with ranges.
Post all other tests that you have.

Arimidex, 5x/week, his is tremendous dose, do not do it.
Unless he said one pill every fift day, that would be acceptable.

Take one pill every fourth day or better cut the pill in half and take half a pill every other day. Do not pre-cut pills ahead, they break uneven, you want to make sure that between two halfs you actually got one complete pill.

It would be a good idea to find out what kind of estrogen test you have got.
Some tests are not good.
Next time make sure it is ultrasensitive.

Check all estrogens.
Ask for EstroEssence from Genova Diagnostics.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
it was an estradiol test, and you're saying to not do what my doctor says?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
it was an estradiol test, and you're saying to not do what my doctor says?
Post name, value, units, range and name of laboratory.
-----------
YES, FIVE Arimidex pills per week is TO MUCH.

rightship3

Awards

That is a ton of Arimidex. I am taking half a pill twice a week on a similar amount of test. I suppose everyone is different and the need to manage estrogen varies, but that is a pretty big difference. Keep an eye on those estrogen levels if you choose your Dr.'s path.

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i dont doubt my doctor at all, he's been in this field for a while and is part of some pretty prestigious groups.

rightship3

Awards
BTW: how are you feeling on your current routine of 4 pumps a day, and 3mg of arimidex a week?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i dont doubt my doctor at all, he's been in this field for a while and is part of some pretty prestigious groups.
Just keep eye on your estrogens, you have been warn.

Do at Quest
Estradiol, Free, LC/MS/MS (36169X)

do EstroEssence at Genova Diagnostics

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the test was at quest on that exact test and it came back 60

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
the test was at quest on that exact test and it came back 60
In that case you should have posted the complete results.
Why do not you do it now.

/------------------------------------Estradiol, Free----(< or = 0.45) pg/mL
/------------------------------------Estradiol, Free %----(1.25-1.85) %
/------------------------------------Estradiol----(< or =29) pg/mL

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BTW: how are you feeling on your current routine of 4 pumps a day, and 3mg of arimidex a week?

i feel a million times better, sex drive is through the roof, recovery is a million times better, and i'm just in a better mood all together. and i'm losing weight and gaining strength. i'm a powerlifter so recovery is big for me. when i started i was 340, i'm down 13lbs now in 3 months which isnt much, but i didnt change a thing and my overal body comp is changing for the better. i just had a meet so i was more focused on that and not changing anything dramatic, my lifts have been going through the roof. now that it's over i'm goign to focus more on keeping the balance of losing weight and getting stronger. my goal is to get down to 280-300 and stay put

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In that case you should have posted the complete results.
Why do not you do it now.

/------------------------------------Estradiol, Free----(< or = 0.45) pg/mL
/------------------------------------Estradiol, Free %----(1.25-1.85) %
/------------------------------------Estradiol----(< or =29) pg/mL

because i dont have the full results in front of me. doctor just called and told me

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
also i added 205lbs to my total with ease and if i didnt make stupid mistakes i would of added an additional 50lbs to that. basically the fat is disappearing and the muscle is adding

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
interesting, i'll take my doctors word
We are all ears.
We want to learn from the best.
Please describe what your doctor did for you in the last couple of years. But with details, please, devil is in the details.
Describe also any other cases that you are familiar with.
It is cutting edge science, nothing is cut in stone.

dcguy4u

Awards
We are all ears.
We want to learn from the best.
Please describe what your doctor did for you in the last couple of years. But with details, please, devil is in the details.
Describe also any other cases that you are familiar with.
It is cutting edge science, nothing is cut in stone.
well said. BTW JanSz knows more than most doctors do.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
so i should take someone's word that's on a website without a medical degree? talk about fallacies
No disrespect,

if you are able and willing
reply to my post #19

You have peaked my interest.
If possible, respond with some concrete info within 2-3 hours
I will be signing out till Oct2/07
but would like to see if there is any meat in this discussion.
Latter I will not have access to computer.

My post is #27 on this thread and so far running on empty.

wondering

Awards
You're both correct and incorrect.. I have always said.. use this board as a foundation to build knowledge so you will be able to ask intelligent questions and be able to take control/responsibility for your well-being.

That said... I have been to half a dozen doctors in the last several years and NOT A SINGLE one had any clue on hormone management. Not PCP, 2 endo's, urologist, etc. Even had a couple look at me and say it was all in my head after 30 SECONDS and NO BLOODWORK.

Finally, have an open minded PCP that is consulting w/ Dr. Crisler. Even he is surprised at what he has learned in a single phone call w/ Dr. Crisler.

So, please don't be close-minded to all that you read hear, but do be wary of how it affects YOUR personal situation.

Your Arimidex dose does seem VERY HIGH. At least ask your doctor if he didn't make a mistake or if you misunderstood. Or you may be back here in a few weeks, a little sheepish, and saying "hey you guys were right, that much Arimidex pushed my E2 through the cellar floor"

Oh... and be nice... you came in here with a question and others took their PERSONAL time to answer, so don't throw it back in their face. Many spend hours of their time in here trying to help others. If you don't want to hear the answers, don't ask the questions.

---
so i should take someone's word that's on a website without a medical degree? talk about fallacies