Blood test results. Opinions would be appreciated.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I took a somewhat comprehensive bloodpanel. It was a fixed combination of measured values. Some values, that I would've liked to have were not included and some of the measurements it did include, I've never heard of before, but I chose to go with the premade package.

I'll only post the measurements, that I would like to hear thoughts on (or are possibly related to questionable result), but if there are values, that could help in estimating the whole picture, then I'll post the measurement in question of course, if it was included.

Blood was drawn 6 weeks removed from a little PED run, which included some methyls. I was also taking RC Enclomiphene at the time of blood draw.

My last workout was about 36 h before the blood draw, so I guess that can screw some measurements up. So keep that in mind, if you know for it to do so for a certain measurement. Blood draw was not taken fasted, as the directions spefically said, that there's no need to be fasted for any of the tests taken.

Kidneys:

eGFR:
Screenshot_20230208_182005_Gallery.jpg

Creatinine:
Screenshot_20230208_182307_Gallery.jpg

These are probably low and high, due to having only 36 h from last workout? I've also been taking creatine about 30 g a week for about 6 months now. Any concerns here?

Potassium:
Screenshot_20230208_185649_Gallery.jpg

Sodium:
Screenshot_20230208_185806_Gallery.jpg

Thyroid:

TSH:
Screenshot_20230208_182728_Gallery.jpg

Quite at the low end, but I don't recall testing it before and have no clue on 'typical' values.

Lipids:

Total cholesterol:
Screenshot_20230208_183216_Gallery.jpg

The report says, that if the test was not taken fasted, then the upper range is 4,8. So we're close, lol.

LDL:
Screenshot_20230208_183524_Gallery.jpg

If not fasted, the upper range is 2,8.

HDL:
Screenshot_20230208_183740_Gallery.jpg

Triglycerides
Screenshot_20230208_183921_Gallery.jpg

Non-HDL:
Screenshot_20230208_184208_Gallery.jpg

Cholesterol to HDL ratio: 3.2

Las time I checked lipids, it was through a different lab and both HDL and LDL were just slightly over the range. I also got a Dr.'s assesment of the values afterwards, and she told me, that since both are high, there's no issue.

I'll split the results in 2 posts, cause' I don't remember how much stuff you can insert in one post.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Blood count:

Hemoglobin:
Screenshot_20230208_191226_Gallery.jpg

Hematocrit:
Screenshot_20230208_191342_Gallery.jpg

Kind of high, but was it so, that people who WO or do atchletics tend to have Hematocrit high? No concernes here?

There were a lot of different white-/red cell values in addition to these included in the test, all seemingly fine.

Hormones:

TT:
Screenshot_20230208_191911_Gallery.jpg

I guess the RC Enclo works. That translates to 866 ng/dl.

E2:
Screenshot_20230208_192107_Gallery.jpg

No sensitive test available. Translates to 42,3 pg/ml.

Free T, calculated:
Screenshot_20230208_192545_Gallery.jpg

SHBG:
Screenshot_20230208_192637_Gallery.jpg

Does anyone know, if the SHBG typically goes up, as the test and E2 go up? I was looking to use this test to determine, if the Boron+Tongat Ali, that I've been taking are effective in lowering my SHBG. It was at 40 the last time I tested it with no supps or such. Just wondering if the supps aren't lowering my SHBG, or if it tends to go up, as sex hormones go up and would be clearly higher, if I was not taking the Boron and TA. Last time my TT was at 433 ng/dl and SHBG at 40, with no supps to lower SHBG or anything hormonal for months.

Vitamines and minerals:

D-vit:
Screenshot_20230208_193229_Gallery.jpg

Haven't tested that before, but I guess that's good? I'm taking 100 ug a day.

B12 was more, than the ref range has numbers, but there's no over limit value. I've been taking 200 ug daily. The kind of tablet you let dissolve in your mouth.

Magnesium:
Screenshot_20230208_193857_Gallery.jpg

I'm taking 750 mg of Magnesium oxide on WO days and 375 mg on non WO days. Guess that works well.

Liver:

ALT:
Screenshot_20230208_194135_Gallery.jpg

No AST test included.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The creatinine, eGFR, and HCT values can all be skewed very easily by hydration levels. If you were even slightly dehydrated it could increase levels into the higher ranges. Drinking more water could possibly help here if that was a factor.

I believe SHGB tends to increase in a response to higher levels of sexual hormones as part of a negative feedback loop.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The creatinine, eGFR, and HCT values can all be skewed very easily by hydration levels. If you were even slightly dehydrated it could increase levels into the higher ranges. Drinking more water could possibly help here if that was a factor.

I believe SHGB tends to increase in a response to higher levels of sexual hormones as part of a negative feedback loop.
Is there anything wrong with his eGFR and creatinine numbers though? They're almost the same as mine (my eGFR is 90 and creatinine is 1.10) and on my chart they say they are well within range, which was also confirmed by my doctor.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is there anything wrong with his eGFR and creatinine numbers though? They're almost the same as mine (my eGFR is 90 and creatinine is 1.10) and on my chart they say they are well within range, which was also confirmed by my doctor.
His numbers and ranges are different than what I see on my tests, so really going off of the graphs he posted. I would not be worried about either of those being that one is in range and the other is just barely outside of range. However, I am used to different measurement units being used in the tests I have had done.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
His numbers and ranges are different than what I see on my tests, so really going off of the graphs he posted. I would not be worried about either of those being that one is in range and the other is just barely outside of range. However, I am used to different measurement units being used in the tests I have had done.
Gotcha. I agree with this. Unless something is well out of range I would just wait until my annual physical and go over the results with my doctor. I see nothing here that would cause any panic or desire to run to a physician. I think it looks good!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’d say everything is looking good. Maybe chill out on the extra B12. It’s in all kinds of preworkouts and energy drinks and you clearly get more than needed so no need to supplement.

Your LDL is under 100 & HDL over 40 if in range, so your arteries aren’t at risk right now, so I’m sure trigs are reasonable too.

TSH being lower is a good thing; it means the thyroid is seeing enough T3 that it doesn’t need to keep sending out Thyroid Stimulating Hormone to try to rev your metabolism harder. Your body is keeping up with your diet fine.

No those numbers are dope.

If you have substantial muscle mass, creatinine will be higher. If you take creatine, it will be higher. If you consume substantial amounts of protein it will be higher, and most importantly if you are training hard it will especially elevate and take time to come down.

The eGFR is entirely calculated off your Creatinine and BUN, so it’s useless for a lifter other than a red flag if it’s suddenly totally whack. I mean if it’s suddenly tanked between bloodwork and you didn’t train legs the day prior or something, pull cystatin c levels to determine your true kidney health. I always do bloods in a deload week, 72 hours post training, well hydrated and the last session can’t be legs/back stuff.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Looks good to me with maybethe exceptionof e2, what are you on ?, also 48 for hematocrit is not kinda high in my opinion, some Dr. Get very concerned but I've also had Dr.s tell me that 52 was nothing to worry about because I'm fit and do a lot of cardio. He said if I was sedentary and overweight he would be worried about 52.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks good to me with maybethe exceptionof e2, what are you on ?, also 48 for hematocrit is not kinda high in my opinion, some Dr. Get very concerned but I've also had Dr.s tell me that 52 was nothing to worry about because I'm fit and do a lot of cardio. He said if I was sedentary and overweight he would be worried about 52.
I was on RC Enclo, Boron, Tongat Ali for what comes to stuff, that can (directly) effect hormones. I was surprised about that E2 level myself. Haven't noticed any high E2 symptoms, but I never do and am likely not good at sensing/realising estro being high.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was on RC Enclo, Boron, Tongat Ali for what comes to stuff, that can (directly) effect hormones. I was surprised about that E2 level myself. Haven't noticed any high E2 symptoms, but I never do and am likely not good at sensing/realising estro being high.
Maybe enclo registers as estrogen? I'm kinda stumped otherwise.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Out of curiosity, what was the cycle and how did you run the enclo for PCT? Also did you run any AIs?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Out of curiosity, what was the cycle and how did you run the enclo for PCT? Also did you run any AIs?
Well, I was going through my stash of PH's and such and wanted to make use of what I've had laying around, so it made for a bit odd cycle I guess. Ended a cut with 7 weeks of 1-Andro and 4-Andro, 5 weeks of The One (D-Plex) and was underwhelmed, so threw some Mechabol in on the last 2-3 weeks.

Enclo was 12.5 mg / day for 30 days. Then this blood draw got postponed by 2 weeks and one thing, that I wanted to know from the blood work, was to verify, if the Enclo works, so started it again 5 days before the blood draw.

I wasn't using any AI during PCT or before the blood draw.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, I was going through my stash of PH's and such and wanted to make use of what I've had laying around, so it made for a bit odd cycle I guess. Ended a cut with 7 weeks of 1-Andro and 4-Andro, 5 weeks of The One (D-Plex) and was underwhelmed, so threw some Mechabol in on the last 2-3 weeks.

Enclo was 12.5 mg / day for 30 days. Then this blood draw got postponed by 2 weeks and one thing, that I wanted to know from the blood work, was to verify, if the Enclo works, so started it again 5 days before the blood draw.

I wasn't using any AI during PCT or before the blood draw.
Interesting. Sounds like you didn't enjoy the cycle too much? Did you use an AI on cycle? Also, how did you dose the mecha for the last 2-3 weeks and did you notice it helped?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Interesting. Sounds like you didn't enjoy the cycle too much? Did you use an AI on cycle? Also, how did you dose the mecha for the last 2-3 weeks and did you notice it helped?
Yeah, at the time I didn't seem to get much out of it, but then again I had been cutting for 9 weeks before adding in the PH's and got down to ~1 600 kcals at the end. In hindsight my strenght was ok, considering the amount of calories and the lenght of the cut. I was mostly dissapointed on not feeling any energy or mood lift or anything really from The One. I only added 25 mg of the Mecha, cause' I was already taking 100 mg of The One and didn't want to push it with the Methyls. Adding it might of increased strenght a little. Or maybe that was just wasting the product, but I had 180 x 25 mg, so I still have enough to do a proper run later. No AI on cycle.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
.... Not alarmed, but possibly less attractive.
:unsure::ROFLMAO:😉:oops:
Luckily I got plenty room to degrade, lol. I started taking an AI after the test results. But I also stopped the Enclo, so test will come down as well. Probably need a new check up for hormonal values.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Luckily I got plenty room to degrade, lol. I started taking an AI after the test results. But I also stopped the Enclo, so test will come down as well. Probably need a new check up for hormonal values.
Overall, your results look good.
The first thing that hit me was the Lipids.
Pretty good for someone who had just run a couple of oral methyls.
(y)

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, at the time I didn't seem to get much out of it, but then again I had been cutting for 9 weeks before adding in the PH's and got down to ~1 600 kcals at the end. In hindsight my strenght was ok, considering the amount of calories and the lenght of the cut. I was mostly dissapointed on not feeling any energy or mood lift or anything really from The One. I only added 25 mg of the Mecha, cause' I was already taking 100 mg of The One and didn't want to push it with the Methyls. Adding it might of increased strenght a little. Or maybe that was just wasting the product, but I had 180 x 25 mg, so I still have enough to do a proper run later. No AI on cycle.
Yeah you have plenty of mecha for another cycle. That's a fairly mild run. Some people love The One... others not as much. Sorry to hear it didn't live up to your expectations.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Which AI did you take? Wonder if an OTC like Virtus would have gotten you back in range.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Which AI did you take? Wonder if an OTC like Virtus would have gotten you back in range.
This includes a long and a silly story about practice what you preach and have everything on hand, before you might need it. But in short, getting charged for a product, that the seller didn't have although I was able to order it and got told, that it will be sent in 2 weeks, as they're waiting for new stock, but it didn't, so opted for refund. All AI's I have right now are Atd and Letro for emergencies.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This includes a long and a silly story about practice what you preach and have everything on hand, before you might need it. But in short, getting charged for a product, that the seller didn't have although I was able to order it and got told, that it will be sent in 2 weeks, as they're waiting for new stock, but it didn't, so opted for refund. All AI's I have right now are Atd and Letro for emergencies.
Well legit letro will work damn well!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I would say your kidneys values aren’t super good but not nothing to worry about for now. One bloodwork doesn’t really tell much for kidneys and liver you really can see where you’re at after a few bloodworks. There’s some variables that could mess it up. Mines always been 106-110 and once it was 39 and they were going crazy thinking my kidneys were failing.. they redid the bloods the next day and it was 110.
If your bloodworks are consistent and show 70-80 that’s okay but borderline so I would simply try add further stress to it. It’s still within range so all is good.

Edit: I just read in the comment sections you just ran a few oral methyls I’d be careful with that if I was in your shoes. I honestly wouldn’t use any orals anymore personally. There’s safer options

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would say your kidneys values aren’t super good but not nothing to worry about for now. One bloodwork doesn’t really tell much for kidneys and liver you really can see where you’re at after a few bloodworks. There’s some variables that could mess it up. Mines always been 106-110 and once it was 39 and they were going crazy thinking my kidneys were failing.. they redid the bloods the next day and it was 110.
If your bloodworks are consistent and show 70-80 that’s okay but borderline so I would simply try add further stress to it. It’s still within range so all is good.

Edit: I just read in the comment sections you just ran a few oral methyls I’d be careful with that if I was in your shoes. I honestly wouldn’t use any orals anymore personally. There’s safer options
My eGFR has been ~80 at least 95% of the time for the decade or more I’ve been cycling & getting bloodwork. Do not confuse a lower value with “unhealthy”. Significant deviations or negative trends in values are what should be alarming.

I mean obviously my kidneys filter less than yours, but bloodwork shows they’re just as strong now as before steroids.

Also, while I agree oral steroids can be detrimental to health, this cycle wasn’t ****. The One might as well be Proviron in the hit it gives the liver and 25mg Mechabol may as well be Tbol, but weaker. There’s just nothing here to be concerned about.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

My eGFR has been ~80 at least 95% of the time for the decade or more I’ve been cycling & getting bloodwork. Do not confuse a lower value with “unhealthy”. Significant deviations or negative trends in values are what should be alarming.

I mean obviously my kidneys filter less than yours, but bloodwork shows they’re just as strong now as before steroids.

Also, while I agree oral steroids can be detrimental to health, this cycle wasn’t ****. The One might as well be Proviron in the hit it gives the liver and 25mg Mechabol may as well be Tbol, but weaker. There’s just nothing here to be concerned about.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As I mentionned his values as within range but I feel it’s important within the next year he gets it checked another 1-2 times to see if he’s stable there or if it’s moving. That was my point!

Also.. as much as yes 70-80 is considered healthy and within a range, you’ll agree with me that you don’t have as much room to "play with" when your egfr is 75-80 than you do when it’s 100+.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
As I mentionned his values as within range but I feel it’s important within the next year he gets it checked another 1-2 times to see if he’s stable there or if it’s moving. That was my point!

Also.. as much as yes 70-80 is considered healthy and within a range, you’ll agree with me that you don’t have as much room to "play with" when your egfr is 75-80 than you do when it’s 100+.
Yeah, I've definitely been negletting getting proper bloodwork checks the last few years. Looking to do better going forward.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

I think everyone in this game should go over their blood work once per year with an actual physician. That's what I do at every annual physical. But like I said earlier here, my eGFR was 90 on my last test and my doctor said that was perfect. So I'm just going by what my doctor told me. An 85 only 6 weeks post cycle while still on enclo doesn't seem far off or of concern to me based on my own numbers. But yes, I would advocate that OP, and everyone else, meet with a doctor once per week to go over blood work.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Hyde also I don’t think you noticed but the values aren’t the same as us here. From where he is the range is 90. So what’s 60 here is 90 there. Thus the post I made.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Completely agree. If someone is running cycles, you have to stay on top of things to try to avoid getting blindsided.

@Hyde also I don’t think you noticed but the values aren’t the same as us here. From where he is the range is 90. So what’s 60 here is 90 there. Thus the post I made.
Ah, there’s no parameters listed so I wrongly assumed the numbering was the same. That is a substantial difference.

I would be shelling out to actually get a cystatin c follow up blood pull to get a more accurate look at my kidneys. I would also be seriously monitoring my morning resting blood pressure to ensure it’s in range and starting an Astragalus regiment daily.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are you 100% sure about this because that is a massive difference? That would put him under a 60 here, which is very low if it stays there. And the way it sits on the graph, it looks like it is almost within range. If it was that low I would expect it to be further down the scale.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The unit of measure for the eGFR is ml/min/1,73m^2.

The service provider says on their website as follows:

Values over 90 = normal kidney function.

Values between 60 - 89 = mildly decreased kindey function. Values in this range are a non issue, if there's no other signs of kidney disease.

For what ever that is worth..

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Are you 100% sure about this because that is a massive difference? That would put him under a 60 here, which is very low if it stays there. And the way it sits on the graph, it looks like it is almost within range. If it was that low I would expect it to be further down the scale.
Yes I am sure. Google it you’ll see the ranges aren’t the same in the US and in EU

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The unit of measure for the eGFR is ml/min/1,73m^2.

The service provider says on their website as follows:

Values over 90 = normal kidney function.

Values between 60 - 89 = mildly decreased kindey function. Values in this range are a non issue, if there's no other signs of kidney disease.

For what ever that is worth..
I believe this is what it is in the US as well. That is why I wouldn't be concerned with an 85.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes I am sure. Google it you’ll see the ranges aren’t the same in the US and in EU
The ranges that he showed in his above post look like the ones that are used in the United States as well. I don't see the difference here.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The ranges that he showed in his above post look like the ones that are used in the United States as well. I don't see the difference here.
Im talking specifically his egfr I didn’t say all ranges are different. Don’t you see the line between green and red is 90? European measures for kidneys aren’t the same. In the US the line between red and green would be 60.

Last edited:

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Im talking specifically his egfr I didn’t say all ranges are different. Don’t you see the line between green and red is 90? European measures for kidneys aren’t the same. In the US the line between red and green would be 60.
I'm not so sure about that. Anything 90 and over in the US is good... below that bring you down to what KvanH said, which is mildly decreased kidney function. Values in this range are a non issue, if there's no other signs of kidney disease.

If his eGFR was below a US 60, which is what you're claiming, then it wouldn't read that way. It would indicate that he may have kidney disease, which is what below 60 means. That line that separates a 90 is the optimal range, which is optimal in the US as well. If he was below a US 60 he would be way lower on the scale and they wouldn't write it off as a "non issue."

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Based on my quick Googling, they use the same unit of mesurement in the US and in Europe and probably everywhere.

Screenshot_20230209_213018_Chrome.jpg

And the value of 60, that Math is talking about, is indeed a treshold value, but it's the treshold value of more of a serious concern.

Screenshot_20230209_212926_Chrome.jpg

Didn't stumble on any other units of measurement being used.

Last edited:

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Based on my quick Googling, they use the same mesurement of unit in the US and in Europe and probably everywhere.

View attachment 228920

And the value of 60, that Math is talking about, is indeed a treshold value, but it's the treshold value of more of a serious concern.

View attachment 228921

I couldn't find any other units of measurement being used.
This is what I figured. I am in the US and my eGFR is 90, which is at the bottom of "normal" which is why your 85 is slightly in the red. However, your 85 is nothing to be concerned about unless you have other signs or symptoms of kidney disease. But like I said, I would always recommend going over your results with a doctor during an annual physical regardless.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Based on that, if values are same as US then you are totally fine, as long as over time you don’t see consistent downward trending. So one low reading isn’t a reason to panic, as it can vary.

I had a lowest reading 3 years ago of 73. My eGFR was 86 recently. The difference was this time I wasn’t using creatine or eating an excess of meat recently like the low reading which was the week of making a weight cut (no carb) before contest. So my creatinine & BUN/urea were higher then, thus a lower estimated GFR.

Don’t sweat these numbers individually, just track them. The following pull after that 73, it was up to 78.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It is a bit weird. But as long as I don't grow tits, I'm not too alarmed.
I wouldn’t be either, I often let estrogen be if I don't have issues. I'm just concerned with the cause of it so you know what's going on

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t be either, I often let estrogen be if I don't have issues. I'm just concerned with the cause of it so you know what's going on
Yeah, well one of my somewhat uneducated hypothesis at the moment is, that as I've entered to PCT most likely being suppressed and having low E2, the body has been 'in a hurry' to create estrogens. And on top of that, I've been inhibiting my pituitary from sensing estrogen with the SERM, so my body has been ramping up aromisation, (in addition to test levels getting pretty high, leading to higher E2), in effort to raise the lacking and undetected estrogens. 🤷‍♀️ I don't know if that makes sense in practice, but that's what I was speculating and many do incorporate an AI in to their PCT, which I didn't, this time. That's nothing more, than my bro science though, of course.

Last edited: