Blood Pressure & Prohoromones

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
For fans of celery seed extract, did you also try taking C-12 Peptide? (for example twinlab "blood pressure control" product).

How did the 2 compare?
i have used both c-12 on 1 cycle and celery seed on current cycle and celery seed works better hands down. this cycle was more involved (4ad cyp,1-test cyp,tren,mdht,m-dien) and my bp avg. 122/80.

cobra1414

Awards
3nb didn't do anything for me. bummer :(

Capoten works like a charm however, and is cheaper than celery seed.

w00kie

Awards
are you guys just running the recommened dosage on the celery seed?

size

Awards
  • Established
Try to divide the dosages. Dosage typically ranges from 75 to 150mg twice daily. :thumbsup:

w00kie

Awards
I'm going to take 150mg in the morning and 150mg in the evening. Two pills, twice daily. Hopefully this will help my bp. I'm just bummed out about all of this crap. Espically when the doc said I had to lay off of the supplements. Its damn hard get 200g of protein from just eating. All I want is to take pre and post workout shakes! :( It seems like I've lost a little since I've been sick and not working out.........I just don't seem as motivated as I was before....this sucks! :(

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Health is key. You have to get healthy man. Keep your head up, and as soon as you find a way to deal with the bp issue, then you can move on.

w00kie

Awards
How long does the celery seed take to "kick in" ? Just took the bp at 10:17 AM and it was 144/94.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Also, when commenting about these products working for you, could you also mention the dosage you like? Thanks.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long does the celery seed take to "kick in" ? Just took the bp at 10:17 AM and it was 144/94.
It's faster acting than say Hawthorne Berry, but you need to give it a few days. I really hope things work out for you.

w00kie

Awards
ryansm, thanks for the support man! i've quit taking the benicar and i'm going to see how I do with celery seed by itself. :D I'll keep you guys updated....

givithell

Awards
I've battled super-hyper tension these last few years. It started after my first AAS cycle and never left. I have yearly physicals and know exactley when this problem started. I am currently on Attenelol/hydrochlorothiazide. My BP was once measured by my doctor at 195/140 and he freaked out!!!! I am now going to try the celery seed extract since I never heard of it till I read this thread. I will keep you all posted becasue no matter the med dosages or meds I have tried I stay around 165/105. I hope this works!!!

That is why I read these threads, alot of good info!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For both of you I suggest stacking Hawthorne Berry with the Celery Seed. It will take longer to see effects from it, however, it works and is damn cheap.

size

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see it is working for you. I am a big believer in using "natural" supplements for overall health and to treat conditions.

w00kie

Awards
Yeah it seems to be working pretty good. I wish my bp could be lower, but this seems to help alot. I took it today and it was 132/86 as of 9:45 AM.

w00kie

Awards
During the past week, I've also added garlic pills to my daily routine. It looks like all of the stuff is working. I had the bp tested today and it was 122/80. :D

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
w00kie - What is it you think is working? You mentioned benicar and celery seed. Are you taking both of these now?

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
This may or may not be helpful but there are very good Trad. Chinese Medicine formulas for blood pressure. You can go to a Chinese herbal pharmacy and they usually have a doc who can give a diagnosis (a TCM one) and a formula which applies to your particular problem and make up.

A great OTC Chinese herbal formula is "Hyperquell"-hong jing tian sheng yang jiang ya fang by Blue Poppy herbs. It works very well but of course not as good as an individualized raw herb formula.

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Earlier in the thread I had the thought, and as I read further it got "stronger". If you are takiing several supplements to help your BP, how do you know which one is effective? What if one would do what you wanted and the others are ineffective, or add no additinoal value? I'm no chemist, but I try to change one variable at a time and test, then change another and test again. It works in drag racing, and has so far with supplements.

w00kie

Awards
w00kie - What is it you think is working? You mentioned benicar and celery seed. Are you taking both of these now?
As of right now I'm taking celery seed and garlic tablets. I quit taking the benicar at least 3 or more weeks ago.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
So I figure you mean the typical dose, 150mg celery seed extract twice per day, plus 1250mg garlic twice per day? I just started that, so I'll see what happens in a week...

w00kie

Awards
Yeah I'm taking 150mg of celery seed and I believe the garlic tabs are 1200mg each. I take each once in the morning and then once in the evening with dinner. Blood pressure today was 110/88 as of 11:50 AM.

morning
2 celery
1 garlic

evening
2 celery
1 garlic

DobermanXXL

Awards
Is your BP consistently high, every time you check it? Now, i believe they consider one to have high BP when their pressure is 130/90 for 3 months straight or longer (although 130/90 is a good reading in my book)...I assume you have already done this, but I'd check it at a drug store or have some one manually check it every day and see if it fluctuates...

w00kie

Awards
I'm having it checked everyday here at work. A lady that works with me is an RN. This weekened I also added Hawthorne Berry to the mix. I take one in the morning and one in the evening.

BP as of 9:01 AM 118/74

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
its good to hear that the celery/garlic combo is working for you. i think i will add garlic for my next cycle and i assume that it is cheap.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump the Hawthorne up to two three times a day. It will take time to work, but it's damn good. With that combination (celery seed, garlic, hawthorne berry) you can kiss high bp good by.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is your BP consistently high, every time you check it? Now, i believe they consider one to have high BP when their pressure is 130/90 for 3 months straight or longer (although 130/90 is a good reading in my book)...I assume you have already done this, but I'd check it at a drug store or have some one manually check it every day and see if it fluctuates...
130/90 is not good, the rates have actually been lowered. systolic ideally should read in the 115-20 area, diastolic 65-75.

size

Awards
  • Established
130/90 is not good, the rates have actually been lowered. systolic ideally should read in the 115-20 area, diastolic 65-75.
Where did you read this? I find conflicting info about what is now considered the "optimal" blood pressure.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where did you read this? I find conflicting info about what is now considered the "optimal" blood pressure.
I was recently told by my cardiologist that it was being lowered. I might be wrong on the numbers. Either way 130/90 is not something to brush off.

What info did you get Size?

Here is the old set, I believe they have been changed from these numbers:
Normal, Less than 120/less than 80 mm Hg;
Pre-Hypertension, 120-139/80-89 mm Hg;
Stage 1 Hypertension, 140-159/90-99 mm Hg;
Stage 2 Hypertension, at or greater than 160/at or greater than 100 mm Hg

size

Awards
  • Established
Here is the old set, I believe they have been changed from these numbers:
Normal, Less than 120/less than 80 mm Hg;
Pre-Hypertension, 120-139/80-89 mm Hg;
Stage 1 Hypertension, 140-159/90-99 mm Hg;
Stage 2 Hypertension, at or greater than 160/at or greater than 100 mm Hg
This is typically what I find as the blood pressure chart. I had not seen any updated values yet. I hope they remain like this b/c otherwise I need to get mine lower. :(

w00kie

Awards
134/90 as of 11:07 AM

120/88 as of 2:50 PM

I've started my new diet today along with my new workout plan. I haven't been to the gym in a week or so and my diet has been sh!tty. Also added an extra dose of hawthorne berry in. Now taking three daily. One with each meal. When do you guys think I could start my ph's again?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
134/90 as of 11:07 AM

120/88 as of 2:50 PM

I've started my new diet today along with my new workout plan. I haven't been to the gym in a week or so and my diet has been sh!tty. Also added an extra dose of hawthorne berry in. Now taking three daily. One with each meal. When do you guys think I could start my ph's again?
Not for awhile. You just got back in the game so to speak. Give it time. The addition of weights, and cardio should help lower the BP.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is typically what I find as the blood pressure chart. I had not seen any updated values yet. I hope they remain like this b/c otherwise I need to get mine lower. :(
I see him next month, and I will get him to eloborate. I hope they remain as well, it's already a pain in the ass keeping them within normal ranges.

size

Awards
  • Established
Ryansm....please post what the physician tells you in regards to new blood pressure standards.

w00kie

Awards
you think it would be a problem to take certain supps, such as creatine, etc with my bp being like it is?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I don't think my doctor is the brightest light on the tree, but she's still a doctor and I'm not. It still concerns me that they can just tell me to take a pill for the rest of my life for my bp. I have no history of high bp at all. She gave me a 14 day trial of benicar and they told me to come back after it was done.
That's total BS. I went to this one doc for a check up, he took my BP and it was 135/75. Wrote me out a prescription for BP meds immediately, after ONE reading. Nervous, I went right to the drugstore and bought the stuff.

After taking it for a week, I said f*ck this and went out and got a BP monitor. After taking a reading every day for a month and starting some light cardio (something I'd always neglected which is a BAD move) - my average BP was 121/65.

When I went back for the follow up, the doc was like "Its obvious the medication is working well for you, you should continue to take it..."

When I replied that I hadnt taken the medication and told him what Ive been doing, he got visibly irritated. What an ass. Im not knocking doctors at all, but I think a lot of them are out to push medicine in order to alleviate symptoms, rather then getting to the actual root of the problem.

That being said...

C12 (Twinlab Blood Pressure Control) worked excellent for me on a cycle of 1test/OHT/4AD. Brought my BP from 160/90 back down to 125/75 in 5 days. Its a little pricey, but no more than BP meds w/insurance. I will never do a cycle again without it.

BV

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I had the opposite experience. I had a very high reading in the office and my doctor had me get a monitor and watch it for a month. Then I came back and he said I'm OK. No meds.

size

Awards
  • Established
How do most of you take your blood pressure? Do you take a reading after sitting and relaxing for 10-20minutes? Or do you just take it when you remember, like in the market?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take it at different times throughout the day. I believe the most accurate reading is in the morning.

April 8th I see the doc. . .