Blood pressure rises after dose…any suggestions?

John14

Awards
Wondering if anyone experienced this or has any advice. My blood pressure jumps immediately after a dose (cream or injection). I’ve been on TRT for over two years and this is developed recently. I even came off for about two months and tried again. Same result. Seems to happen regardless of dose size. Any suggestions?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Wondering if anyone experienced this or has any advice. My blood pressure jumps immediately after a dose (cream or injection). I’ve been on TRT for over two years and this is developed recently. I even came off for about two months and tried again. Same result. Seems to happen regardless of dose size. Any suggestions?
Do you have anxiety about using testosterone, because I don't think it's even possible for that to happen from 1 shot or application of the cream. They don't immediately do anything once injected or apply. It takes some time so I think your nerves are the cause of your bp spike. If you said 4 or 8 hours after a shot or application it might make a little more sense.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah...
Do some Bloodwork and really examine those Numbers..
9 times out of 10..labs will point you in the right direction..
Z...

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Smont I wonder if it’s like a “white coat” syndrome? Anyone on trt is told to watch BP like a hawk. My father had BP issues and my primary care told me to keep an eye on it. I get anxiety every time I put a cuff around my arm to check it. My mind gets flooded w thoughts that make me stress out. If I could somehow have my blood pressure taken like 1 hour into an all day ride on my Harley that reading might be accurate

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
@Smont I wonder if it’s like a “white coat” syndrome? Anyone on trt is told to watch BP like a hawk. My father had BP issues and my primary care told me to keep an eye on it. I get anxiety every time I put a cuff around my arm to check it. My mind gets flooded w thoughts that make me stress out. If I could somehow have my blood pressure taken like 1 hour into an all day ride on my Harley that reading might be accurate
I'm not sure, but I could definitely see that happening

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I want my BP taken while I'm asleep lol

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I could see this too especially if it’s IM and OP isn’t fond of needles. Sometimes when I have an injection day and I really don’t want to do it, it stresses me a bit and I’m sure my bp spikes in result.

kira1357

Awards
My very very old grandmother's blood pressure is high only because she starts to panic every time somebody takes it. I'm with smont's hypothesis here

John14

Awards
I don’t think it’s anything like that. I was on injections for at least two years and this all of a sudden started this summer. I came off and went back on. Same result. Natesto or a Clomid regiment was suggested as an alternative. Shots were great until this point so I don’t know how either of those would compare.

urmomslover

Awards
I have dealt with this. The trick for me was taking bp measurements frequently. I took them so often that the whole process got to be mundane. Take a reading, write the numbers down on a pad, walk away. Rinse. Repeat in a few hours.

John14

Awards
Yup I definitely started getting some “white coat” syndrome even taking my own blood pressure. It’s led to me taking readings less and less which isn’t good either.