What at home blood pressure monitor are you using?

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking for suggestions. What has worked well and provides results consistent with the doctor's office? I've had 2 digital upper arm monitors and they suck. I'm considering just going old school with a pump cuff and stethoscope.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive had an Omron hem7320 for about 6 years, its never umm, missed a beat. Tested it against my doctors and cardiologist and within a couple points.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is the one I got on amazon for about $50 bucks

bbsquatter

Awards
Looking for suggestions. What has worked well and provides results consistent with the doctor's office? I've had 2 digital upper arm monitors and they suck. I'm considering just going old school with a pump cuff and stethoscope.
I use both cuff/stethoscope and upper arm battery powered machine from WalMart. Both work well and are in agreement

It is best to take your BP upon waking before your feet hit the floor. Take it while still laying in bed immediately upon waking to give you an accurate baseline measurement. Taking it throughout the day is less reflective of your baseline. If it is consistently 140/90 or higher, time to see a physician. My doctor started me on Hydrochlorothiazide and a low dose statin 2 years ago. BP was fine upon waking but labile during the day. Rationale was my age and being a male, so there you go. There is no shame in taking care of you.

Attachments

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've had Omron M3 for a few years now and it works great. It's accuracy is clinically validated and I've seen the same monitor at a dr.'s office. I paid somewhere between 50-100 $ for it.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I ment to send you this the other day my bad.

Anabolic66

Anabolic66

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have an OMRON (not sure of model) I brought to CVS and tested against the giant in-store machine.. Right on by a digit or two..