Betaine

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
It's TMG. Names seem to keep changing to keep relevancy. I do like it but not over 1g per dose.
Why only 1g per dose? Just curious, I regularly take 2g doses.

dwightikans

Awards
I noticed the exact same thing. It's honestly a little disheartening on a cut because the weight on the scale never changes. But, I guess it is for the best.

Swolljaboi

Awards
I'm going to add it onto my pct after my current epi run. Hopefully it will help me keep more gains.

Younglifter16

Awards
Been using jarrow tmg at about 3 grams pre workout. My workouts have improved greatly, i wonder if thats the cause

Philosophy

Philosophy

Awards
  • Established
Been using jarrow tmg at about 3 grams pre workout. My workouts have improved greatly, i wonder if thats the cause
There's a great chance it has contributed in that regard; improvements in power, arm size and body composition were mostly noted.

Exceptional ingredient.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
I've been using tmg around 750mg pre and the past few weeks my strength has been almost the same as being on cycle. A little drop off but not much.

FsAxis92

FsAxis92

Awards
I couldn't agree more with the weight retention. I've leaned up quite a bit, but even eating down to 2000 calories a day I haven't seen the scale go down. Interesting.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
This is that stuff that SNS was supposed to come out with a bulk powder of right? But only they never ever did

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im using the tmg by now and i can say stuff works!one of the few natty ingredients that actually have an effect that cannot be attributed to placebo (unlike anabeta e.g.)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
It's done..just waiting for manufacturer to get labs before they ship
Sns quality plus pricing is always top notch so I'll be getting it regardless, but will there be any benefits to buying it during the release? Only ask cause I have green mag I gotta use up but I am always persuaded to buy for future with sales.

Also, is there anything to consider when taking choline with tmg? Is it redundant to take both, or does dosing need to change, or just stack at normal doses?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sns quality plus pricing is always top notch so I'll be getting it regardless, but will there be any benefits to buying it during the release? Only ask cause I have green mag I gotta use up but I am always persuaded to buy for future with sales.

Also, is there anything to consider when taking choline with tmg? Is it redundant to take both, or does dosing need to change, or just stack at normal doses?
It's usually up to retailers as far as intro pricing...but for me getting something on sale > no sale :)
And just stick to normal dosing of each TMG and choline...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Choline does metabolize into TMG but betaine is far more effective at doing it than choline.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Choline does metabolize into TMG but betaine is far more effective at doing it than choline.
Deciding on sns choline citrate to take with alcar, or cdp choline alone for pre workout focus. So choline wouldn't be taken for a tmg substitute which is why I was interested in taking both and how that works. Just dose tmg at the lower recommended scale I'm guessing would be optimal? I don't think there's a recommended upper limit for sides on tmg if I recall correctly, I just like to be as meticulous about this stuff as I can.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
White Pump is a good deal for those high doses of agmatine and betaine. I might have to grab some SNS Betaine if the price is right (which Im sure it will be).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Deciding on sns choline citrate to take with alcar, or cdp choline alone for pre workout focus. So choline wouldn't be taken for a tmg substitute which is why I was interested in taking both and how that works. Just dose tmg at the lower recommended scale I'm guessing would be optimal? I don't think there's a recommended upper limit for sides on tmg if I recall correctly, I just like to be as meticulous about this stuff as I can.
You'd be fine stacking both for sure. I wouldnt even take into account the TMG that choline produces and just use betaine for your TMG needs

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TMG preserves choline if you are deficient in folate and/or betaine.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
TMG preserves choline if you are deficient in folate and/or betaine.
So how does it effect choline when supplementing both tmg and choline if it preserves it? Would that cause an imbalance or an over beneficial amount in your system? Or does your body just adapt and use it as needed and tmg just helps regulate it when needed?

I realize I'm probably splitting hairs with some of this, but the goal of creating my own stacks with bulk supplies is to get an efficacious amounts of product while still spending the same or saving money, not to throw in everything I could ever want.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So how does it effect choline when supplementing both tmg and choline if it preserves it? Would that cause an imbalance or an over beneficial amount in your system? Or does your body just adapt and use it as needed and tmg just helps regulate it when needed?

I realize I'm probably splitting hairs with some of this, but the goal of creating my own stacks with bulk supplies is to get an efficacious amounts of product while still spending the same or saving money, not to throw in everything I could ever want.
It comes down to methylation metabolism: the consumption of methyl groups to produce creatine and (eventually) lipoproteins, as well as transmethylate (detoxify...as a laymans term) homocysteine. Betaine and folate are both major methyl donors. They donate their methyl groups in these reactions. If methyl availability is low (if you are not getting enough folate or betaine in your diet) than choline will be oxidized to form betaine in order to provide the necessary methyl groups. If, on the otherhand, you are already getting folate and betaine in your diet (which you likely are), then the extra betaine will not cause an increase in choline, nor will it likely play a role in choline preservation (since there is little need for choline as part of mythl metabolism).

So, to answer your question, the likelyhood of excess choline due to betaine + [moderate] chol supplementation small.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It comes down to methylation metabolism: the consumption of methyl groups to produce creatine and (eventually) lipoproteins, as well as transmethylate (detoxify...as a laymans term) homocysteine. Betaine and folate are both major methyl donors. They donate their methyl groups in these reactions. If methyl availability is low (if you are not getting enough folate or betaine in your diet) than choline will be oxidized to form betaine in order to provide the necessary methyl groups. If, on the otherhand, you are already getting folate and betaine in your diet (which you likely are), then the extra betaine will not cause an increase in choline, nor will it likely play a role in choline preservation (since there is little need for choline as part of mythl metabolism). So, to answer your question, the likelyhood of excess choline due to betaine + [moderate] chol supplementation small.
^^^ he's good
(Billy Madison voice)

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
It comes down to methylation metabolism: the consumption of methyl groups to produce creatine and (eventually) lipoproteins, as well as transmethylate (detoxify...as a laymans term) homocysteine. Betaine and folate are both major methyl donors. They donate their methyl groups in these reactions. If methyl availability is low (if you are not getting enough folate or betaine in your diet) than choline will be oxidized to form betaine in order to provide the necessary methyl groups. If, on the otherhand, you are already getting folate and betaine in your diet (which you likely are), then the extra betaine will not cause an increase in choline, nor will it likely play a role in choline preservation (since there is little need for choline as part of mythl metabolism).

So, to answer your question, the likelyhood of excess choline due to betaine + [moderate] chol supplementation small.
Going to read that a few times and add these notes to my tmg cheat sheet , great stuff Thanks a lot.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Too lazy to read, I expect full cliffs from schizm.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
'Take your betaine/TMG, get big n strong like PuZo'

That about sums it up...
Is SNS releasing some of dat der Betaine?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Been saying that for months now
We had some issues with capping the product and so on; but rest assured it is on its way :D

In the meantime, enjoy some nice elevator music [video=youtube;Nf8FCLT8S6A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8FCLT8S6A[/video]

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is there a difference in efficacy between Beet Root Extract and TMG powder?

Are there differential advantages of one over the other?

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Is there a difference in efficacy between Beet Root Extract and TMG powder?

Are there differential advantages of one over the other?
They're completely different I think. Beet root is supposed to have nitrate in it like that's its moa. Betaine/TMG doesn't contain nitrates and works as an osmolyte and/or by modulating certain hormones like IGF-1 and GH as I understand it

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

Younglifter16

Awards
NOW already has 50 grams TMG for a very cheap price depending where ya look. Still cant wait for SNS though love that company, almost have 10 empty bottles to redeem a free product

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Be on the lookout for my write up for some interesting info on betaine! :D

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Is NP getting it first?
mw1

I believe that the shipments went out to various retailers so I have no idea who will get it first. Will let you guys know when they pick it up

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
mw1

I believe that the shipments went out to various retailers so I have no idea who will get it first. Will let you guys know when they pick it up
Could give a rats @$$ who gets it first. Was simply wondering where to look first