The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah they don't get mentioned on the double B boards much bc they are a competitor and people want free ****, but I've heard from a bunch of credible people that CnC, Mint CnC, RVC, and Pumpkin are some of the best out there, and funny enough those are some of my favorite protein flavours. One day though. As for now, I'm not paying 30 dollars to ship a single tub.
2 words
Blame Canada

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
IForce Protean Blueberry Muffin..freaking delicious!

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IForce Protean Blueberry Muffin..freaking delicious!
You ain't lying brother. Have had this stuff with my morning oats almost every morning for over a month now

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does Musclepharm protein powders taste any good ?
MP is spiked and does not meet label claims.

Edit - but does it tastes good yes. You just don't get the full amount of protein they state on the label

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Edit - but does it tastes good yes. You just don't get the full amount of protein they state on the label
This made me laugh.

"Probably isn't protein and doesn't meet label claims... but yeah, it tastes good." hahahah. Perfect

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This made me laugh.

"Probably isn't protein and doesn't meet label claims... but yeah, it tastes good." hahahah. Perfect
Well, his question was if it tastes good, not if it meets label claims. I should at least answer his question! It does taste good though. I used it prior to being educated on spiked protein.

You'd be surprised though. I've seen people post on other boards that they don't care if the protein count is off a little if the price is right and if it tastes good. Some people...

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Well, his question was if it tastes good, not if it meets label claims. I should at least answer his question! It does taste good though. I used it prior to being educated on spiked protein.

You'd be surprised though. I've seen people post on other boards that they don't care if the protein count is off a little if the price is right and if it tastes good. Some people...
Hahaha I agree! You had to answer his quesiton lmao.

I've read that too. Some people man.... I can't justify paying for a product from a company that tried to lie to me. And no one can ever be sure exactly how off their labeling is, and what you're truly getting in a scoop. There are so many other quality companies out there at similar or better prices. I'll take my business elsewhere :)

Happy New Year dude!

mattierocks

mattierocks

Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed Trutein's chocolate peanut butter and red velvet flavors. I thought they were quite tasty. For my general protein drinking, I try to stick with blends, rather than 100% whey.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You get paid to say that.
So? Do you respond like this every time a rep mentions their own products? He's doing his job.

Straight whey: cellucor is solid
Blends: PES Select and Syntha 6 are my go to proteins

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So? Do you respond like this every time a rep mentions their own products? He's doing his job.

Straight whey: cellucor is solid
Blends: PES Select and Syntha 6 are my go to proteins
Only ones that post like robots.

ramses31

Awards
  • Established
MP is spiked and does not meet label claims.

Thanks I was trying to figure out what decent protein brands Vitamin Shoppe has since I have a voucher but yea taste doesn't matter to me if the protein is spiked.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks I was trying to figure out what decent protein brands Vitamin Shoppe has since I have a voucher but yea taste doesn't matter to me if the protein is spiked.
VS sells PES Snickerdoodle. That's what I'm getting with my voucher, you can't go wrong.

If you're looking for just whey, check out the Bodytech Whey Pro 24. Tastes great IMO and mixes well. Great price point too

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There not spiked anymore and on there site you can check lot number on the tub you buy to see the test results.
Vitamin shoppe brand protein is produced by ON so its quality, they also have Animal whey that tastes amazing

ramses31

Awards
  • Established
VS sells PES Snickerdoodle. That's what I'm getting with my voucher, you can't go wrong.

If you're looking for just whey, check out the Bodytech Whey Pro 24. Tastes great IMO and mixes well. Great price point too
I already have Snickerdoodle and I'm looking to try something new. I prefer protein blends.

ramses31

Awards
  • Established
There not spiked anymore and on there site you can check lot number on the tub you buy to see the test results.
Vitamin shoppe brand protein is produced by ON so its quality, they also have Animal whey that tastes amazing
Oh really I will look iinto that, how does animal whey taste compared to muscle pharm or dymatize ?

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh really I will look iinto that, how does animal whey taste compared to muscle pharm or dymatize ?
Animal is on par with them
There Chocolate chocolate chip is there best but I have not had there pumpkin or frosted cinnamon ones yet

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha I agree! You had to answer his quesiton lmao.

I've read that too. Some people man.... I can't justify paying for a product from a company that tried to lie to me. And no one can ever be sure exactly how off their labeling is, and what you're truly getting in a scoop. There are so many other quality companies out there at similar or better prices. I'll take my business elsewhere :)

Happy New Year dude!
Very true.

I also did not like Animal's Frosted Cinnamon Bun.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Animal is on par with them
There Chocolate chocolate chip is there best but I have not had there pumpkin or frosted cinnamon ones yet
+1 for FCB, pretty good. Heard their strawberry/banana is legit. I personally enjoyed their CnC and CCC Greatly, tons of chocolate chips

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You know the APS Isomorph is the best Whey Isolate I've had in a very long time. It's super clean. The flavor could be a bit stronger but I really like it and there is zero bloat or gas with it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Animal's protein amount is legit right ?
Yes.
If you google you can find a lot of companies who have been found guilty of protein spiking or false label claims. Just type in the company and false label claims or taurine/glycine spiking and you will find your answers.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Is Dymatize iso-100 any good ?
I don't use Isolates anymore (Cost + I read they cause huge Insulin spikes, I can somewhat confirm bc I would crash hard after drinking an iso on an empty stomach), but ISO-100 was the best isolate I ever had. Tasted good and just a quality powder all around.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't use Isolates anymore (Cost + I read they cause huge Insulin spikes, I can somewhat confirm bc I would crash hard after drinking an iso on an empty stomach), but ISO-100 was the best isolate I ever had. Tasted good and just a quality powder all around.
you realize all protein powders spike insulin to a degree right? Leucine alone spikes insulin and found in BCAA products and Whey protein powders.
Isolates are great for those who are lactose intolerant, so yes for those people it will cost more who cant stomach lactose or dairy.
If you just need a basic whey or blend, to help meet protein intake, and you can tolerate dairy and lactose then you are good to go, and should purchase based off personal preference.

regdabyenoh

Awards
I'm just waiting for a whole milk flavoured protein powder too add to my whole milk ;) best taste there is.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is Dymatize iso-100 any good ?
Yes, but the extra cost for an isolate is not necessary unless one gets GI distress from whey or casein. What Brands does the VS have that you are considering? If you provide a list, I'm sure the members here will rank them for you.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just tried a sample of ON chocolate mint and it's pretty good!

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know the APS Isomorph is the best Whey Isolate I've had in a very long time. It's super clean. The flavor could be a bit stronger but I really like it and there is zero bloat or gas with it.
I like Isomorph as well. The Cinnamon Graham Cracker and the Banana are both legit. Have some orange creamsicle on the way this month too.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I happen to like Isolate but it's a personal choice. Some concentrates make me really sick. Depends on the brands. I like BSN too just because most of it tastes good.

MGN is good but TOO SWEET if you ask me. Clean and tasty though. I just like it a bit less sweet.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In before Bigdumogre :p
I voice my opinion no matter who likes it. I barely use isolates since I see no real need to use them myself. But I tried Isomorph and liked it. Pretty good taste for an isolate seeing as isolates usually taste very bland to me

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Isolates are bland. I like it in some respects but I do with they could be a bit more flavorful...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I happen to like Isolate but it's a personal choice. Some concentrates make me really sick. Depends on the brands. I like BSN too just because most of it tastes good.

MGN is good but TOO SWEET if you ask me. Clean and tasty though. I just like it a bit less sweet.
If I remember, MGN had rat feces in it. I think that was their sweetener of choice.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If I remember, MGN had rat feces in it. I think that was their sweetener of choice.
Not a lot of good things about them said if you google. I remember a lot of companies dropped carrying them after some of the instances came up about a bad product.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Have all the people who ordered the PES White Chocolate Mint had a chance to try it out yet? What's the feedback like???

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ew really?
Google MGN Bad Product

"They admitted that it was a "horrible mistake" to switch the supplier of protein but they won't replace the product the KNOW is bad. They said this in the email above and MGN posted a reply in another forum."
They had a mishap when switching protein suppliers and previous individuals who were unhappy. I know a company owner who threw out all of his MGN when they were experiencing problems in the transfer. Similar to All The Whey and how they just disappeared.

Bigdumogre

Bigdumogre

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Have all the people who ordered the PES White Chocolate Mint had a chance to try it out yet? What's the feedback like???
Anywhere from toothpaste to a vanilla with a mint of hint