Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of my nurses was asking me about the best tasting / non chalky protein powder. I have no idea ??? Anyone ??

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of my nurses was asking me about the best tasting / non chalky protein powder. I have no idea ??? Anyone ??
Ghost Vegan protein is tasty. That’s the only one I’ve used and only used if for about 8 months.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Body Nutrition PlentiPlants and Ketogenics IsoPlant are the only 2 that I've tried that I could even drink and both were pretty good to be plant proteins. (Haven't tried Ghost)

Last edited:
baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Koia RTD shakes are one of the few vegan proteins I could 'regularly' drink. Most powders I've gotten in samples packs haven't been great.

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ghost, Planta, and Core Nutrtionlas are the ONLY things I would trust

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ghost Vegan protein is tasty. That’s the only one I’ve used and only used if for about 8 months.
I've heard this as well. PES Select isn't bad but it's pretty thick.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've tried a few vegan fruit flavors to make desserts but there all really chalky and odd tasting.

This brand wasn't terrible.....
20230628_081816.jpg

But it definitely wasn't delicious either lol

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The chalkiness of the Vegan Proteins is the big problem for me.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pm me her info and address. I'll send her samples of IsoPlant.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The chalkiness of the Vegan Proteins is the big problem for me.
Sometimes when I have it kicking around IL do 1 scoop Vanilla way protein and a scoop of the vegan ones, throw in a banana and a cup of lactose free milk and it works out to a decent and very tolerable shake. Wouldn't work on a hard cut but i use it as a meal replacement shake occasionally. Not good enough for me to buy a bunch of vegan powder but a good way to use up the ones that didn't work out for desserts

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've tried a few vegan fruit flavors to make desserts but there all really chalky and odd tasting.

This brand wasn't terrible.....
View attachment 233621

But it definitely wasn't delicious either lol
Label looks cool. May a strawberry smoothie with strawberries and almond milk might make it taste better!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I should be ashamed, I kind of forgot about your brand, and as I remember you had some of the best Vegan I have tried!!!

View attachment 233647

Thank you!!!
For a Vegan protein, I really like IsoPlant. I haven't tried a lot of Vegan proteins, but out of the ones I've tried, the only 2 that I could even finish were Ketogenics IsoPlant and Body Nutrition's PeptiPlants, and I like IsoPlant the best if I had to choose.

I personally love Ketogenics IsoWhey and Zero Carb Proteins and those are what I use (with the occasional tub of Trutein), but IsoPlant to me has the best taste and are the most true to taste out of any of the Vegan proteins that I've tried.

For regular protein - whey isolate or whey isolate/casein blends, anyone that hasn't tried Ketogenics IsoWhey or Zero Carb Protein is really missing out.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer