Best athlete in the world!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
i hope u guys aren't classifying MMA fighters as best in world athletes....not even close. end of .
Delusional is the word for you, thanks Cnorris. MMA athletes aren't even close to being the best athletes, and you think Michael Schumaker is the best athlete, he drives a friggin car:blink:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Delusional is the word for you, thanks Cnorris. MMA athletes aren't even close to being the best athletes, and you think Michael Schumaker is the best athlete, he drives a friggin car:blink:
While not necessarily endorsing "Australian Made's" comments, they still represent his opinion, and he is allowed to voice them. If you disagree, that is fine, but you need to outline why.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I almost thought it wasn't necessary. Schumaker drives a car. MMA practicioners do much more than move their arms to maneuver the vehicle. Boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, etc takes lots of agility, speed, strength, endurance, etc. I don't think anyone in their right mind believes car racers are better athletes than MMA fighter, and you strategic move?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I almost thought it wasn't necessary. Schumaker drives a car. MMA practicioners do much more than move their arms to maneuver the vehicle. Boxing, wrestling, jiu jitsu, etc takes lots of agility, speed, strength, endurance, etc. I don't think anyone in their right mind believes car racers are better athletes than MMA fighter, and you strategic move?
Being in one's right mind is a relative and subjective thing. You may see it differently, if you were a car-racing fan. My opinion here is not the point. See my earlier contribution, if you wish. I only asked for your justification for thrashing Australian Made.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Being in one's right mind is a relative and subjective thing. You may see it differently, if you were a car-racing fan. My opinion here is not the point. See my earlier contribution, if you wish. I only asked for your justification for thrashing Australian Made.
No, I would not see it differently if I were a car racing fan. Are you serious? You're not allowed to give your opinion on the matter? You can talk man, its ok. A lot of my friends are fans of both "sports" and not a single one of them come even remotely close to thinking drivers are better athletes than fighters. You thought I "thrashed" Aussie, not at all.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...Are you serious? You're not allowed to give your opinion on the matter? You can talk man, its ok...
I have no clue what all this is about. I am backing off here. We are not adding much value to the title of the thread. I had an earlier post here. Take a look at it, if you wish!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
F1 drivers are freaks of nature. The ability to control an F1 car involves lightning quick reflexes that no other sport could even closely compete with. MMA of course involves strength,speed etc but saying its a combination of various fighting forms is rubbish. I'd be very suprised if mma fighters train in all of those diciplines they apparently are skilled in. This has gone way off topic. Partly my fault. A car fan will always argue over an MMA fan or a tennis fan etc. Lets agree to disagree.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I have no clue what all this is about. I am backing off here. We are not adding much value to the title of the thread. I had an earlier post here. Take a look at it, if you wish!
I just wanted your opinion on the matter, that's all.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
F1 drivers are freaks of nature. The ability to control an F1 car involves lightning quick reflexes that no other sport could even closely compete with. MMA of course involves strength,speed etc but saying its a combination of various fighting forms is rubbish. I'd be very suprised if mma fighters train in all of those diciplines they apparently are skilled in. This has gone way off topic. Partly my fault. A car fan will always argue over an MMA fan or a tennis fan etc. Lets agree to disagree.
I'm cool with that, sorry if I attacked you, as SM stated. I'm sure the reflexes of F1 drivers are ridiculous. I suggest you take a closer look at MMA. MMA fighters definitely are a combination of various fighting forms. If you are not extremely good standing up and on the ground you will fail in MMA. It seems you may think MMA is more like a toughman contest. MMA has some of the best jiu jitsu champions, great fighters from K-1(#1 kickboxing org), and olympic level wrestlers. It aint no Denardi brothers in there(joke if you had ever watched FX's toughman).

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
u really have no idea.
I don't know how to counter that, but it's really not a matter of opinion. MMA fighters have strength, speed, agility, endurance, a huge skillset. F1 drivers have great reflexes, and endurance, thats all. It's really funny that you say I have no idea, when you are so dead wrong. Have you ever watched high level MMA?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how to counter that, but it's really not a matter of opinion. MMA fighters have strength, speed, agility, endurance, a huge skillset. F1 drivers have great reflexes, and endurance, thats all. It's really funny that you say I have no idea, when you are so dead wrong. Have you ever watched high level MMA?
your probably right. i really havent watchd much MMA. One becasue i cant get it on tv in the uk and secondly from what i've seen it just seemed quite boring. I really like boxing but the MMA guys seemed to hit the deck to quickly then i lose interest. its just not quick enough for my liking.

saying that i do like golf:blink:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Weird how that works huh. I like Golf too, and I think basketball is boring. I used to love basketball, but it just does nothing for me nowadays. Aussie, go to the MMA section and check out the multimedia thread. Let me know if any of those fights/highlights are exciting to you.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The physical skills of race car drivers may be under rated but they are FAR from being among the most elite athletes.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow. This is the most ignorant statement I have read on this board since the politics section was shut down.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Wow. This is the most ignorant statement I have read on this board since the politics section was shut down.
ok ok i take it back............ u really cant compare mma with F1 or tennis or wateva as they are so different. The argument could go on forever.

bodaciousguy

Awards
Alexander, you clearly know nothing of cycling. Do you think its fair to compare two sports based on "athleticism" or days of competition?

Armstrong used to race more than 100 races/year. Its because of his results in those races that allows him the resources to focus on the tour. Even when just training for the tour, he's racing 50 races/year. Tour de France = 1 competition day? Post that on a cycling forum...I dare you

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alexander, you clearly know nothing of cycling. Do you think its fair to compare two sports based on "athleticism" or days of competition?

Armstrong used to race more than 100 races/year. Its because of his results in those races that allows him the resources to focus on the tour. Even when just training for the tour, he's racing 50 races/year. Tour de France = 1 competition day? Post that on a cycling forum...I dare you
HAHA!

:toofunny:

I'm sorry. But that sentence is the funniest ****ing thing I have read on this board.

bodaciousguy

Awards
As for my choice for world's best athlete? I choose Lance because I'm a cyclist and pretty much have to since no1 else here thinks he is a great athlete.

I think we as Americans define athleticism based on our major sports(Football, Basketball and Baseball). I'm sure guys in Europe would have a different perspective on ahtleticism as some of their major sports are Track running, cross country skiing, cycling, F1, soccer.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
As for my choice for world's best athlete? I choose Lance because I'm a cyclist and pretty much have to since no1 else here thinks he is a great athlete.

I think we as Americans define athleticism based on our major sports(Football, Basketball and Baseball). I'm sure guys in Europe would have a different perspective on ahtleticism as some of their major sports are Track running, cross country skiing, cycling, F1, soccer.
Very true!

At least BBallers play 82 games a season plus play offs nad baseball is 162 right? Footballers play 16 or something don't they?? what a joke. Overpaid pussies.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If we wish to speak about the grind of a season, hockey players play 82 games in arguably the most physical pro-sport.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established

So what cyclists can use oxygen better than the average person and have more endurance. How fast can they run, jump, lift. How is their hand - eye co-ordination, agility?

I laugh at the starvin marvin African marathon winners. Sure if athleticism was defined by enurance alone they would be at the top. Too bad they are weak in every other athletic category.

In order for someone to be considered the most athletic, I would assume they should be an elite athlete in every sense of the word.

I nominate Adrian Peterson. Fast, strong, agile, coordinated, great hand eye coordination, great endurance.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
If we wish to speak about the grind of a season, hockey players play 82 games in arguably the most physical pro-sport.
Screw that jazz, curling is where it's at, ehhh, and not the barbell kind. :head: :think:

Seriously, Marius Pudzianowsky. End of thread. :twisted:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My sentiments exactly. Watching Sidney Crosby over the next 20 years is going to be great. I just wish that Peter Forsberg hadn't been so fragile. That dude was easily one of the top-5 athletes when he was in his prime.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or much less tried to train MMA on a frequent basis.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Screw that jazz, curling is where it's at, ehhh, and not the barbell kind. :head: :think:

Seriously, Marius Pudzianowsky. End of thread. :twisted:
lol.

I actually was forced to curl quite regularly in Phys., Ed whilst in High School. That's Canada for you..

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My sentiments exactly. Watching Sidney Crosby over the next 20 years is going to be great. I just wish that Peter Forsberg hadn't been so fragile. That dude was easily one of the top-5 athletes when he was in his prime.
I would definitely agree. He was unfortunately made of glass though. I just feel that way because if you conceptualize all the necessary and favourable attributes to have in pro-sports, things like: speed, power, agility, hand-eye-coordination, endurance, explosiveness, etc., hockey players have it in abundance.

It's hard to argue any other sport demands as much hand-eye especially. When you see Crosby or Lecavalier or Datsyuk handling the puck in the slot at near top speed, deeking through three defenders and then having the presence of mine and coordination to roof it, it's hard even harder to argue.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
My one big regret about my trip to Vancouver was not going to see a hockey game. I just wanted to see guys get bashed!

p.s never stay in a hostel on main st. talk about junky central.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My one big regret about my trip to Vancouver was not going to see a hockey game. I just wanted to see guys get bashed!

p.s never stay in a hostel on main st. talk about junky central.
Was it near Main and Hastings? If so, that's why. Hastings is one of the poorest neighbourhoods in North America. Place is brutal.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Was it near Main and Hastings? If so, that's why. Hastings is one of the poorest neighbourhoods in North America. Place is brutal.
Dunno man, it was just on main St thats all i can remember. Brothel next door and accross the road. A homeless man warned as on our first night that it was best we turned around and walked the other way because it was dangerous for us to go any further up the street.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it was Hastings then.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
So what cyclists can use oxygen better than the average person and have more endurance. How fast can they run, jump, lift. How is their hand - eye co-ordination, agility?

I laugh at the starvin marvin African marathon winners. Sure if athleticism was defined by enurance alone they would be at the top. Too bad they are weak in every other athletic category.

In order for someone to be considered the most athletic, I would assume they should be an elite athlete in every sense of the word.

I nominate Adrian Peterson. Fast, strong, agile, coordinated, great hand eye coordination, great endurance.
This is a good post, even though I hate you:twisted: I've reiterated what you've stated here over and over onto deaf ears. Their's certainly not many better athletes than Adrian Peterson, he has it all. He's going to break a lot of records, unless injury holds him back.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is a good post, even though I hate you:twisted: I've reiterated what you've stated here over and over onto deaf ears. Their's certainly not many better athletes than Adrian Peterson, he has it all. He's going to break a lot of records, unless injury holds him back.
Are you still angry that I insulted the love of your life, the Pride lady?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if you guys have seen Adrian Peterson, running back for the Minnesota Vikings, but he's a freak !