Best athlete in the world!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Well i have this discussion over music all the time. My friends say heavy metal is the best music due to the speed and complexity of the music. Whereas i dont like speed and complexity when im listeneing to music.
In terms of an athletei guess the only way to form any resolution youd have to categorize several catergories of athlete.

1. toughest fighter - fedro emelenkovich
2. Best endurance athlete- lance armstrong
3. FAstest athlete- ?
4. Most skilled- bruce lee
5. tougest beard- chuck norris
6. Most dedeicated-?
M.V.P- ?

Then have the best overall, the person who embodies most or all of the outlined qualities. I wouldnt pick any baseball players not because they arent amazing athletes but because their sport doesnt IMo provide sufficient medium to reflect those abilities.

I havent heard any hockey players mentioned, before you count them out lets look at the facts.

Controlling an abject with your hands directly is easier IMO than using an object to controll antother, there are way more variables, eg hockey, golf, baseball more difficult than football, soccer, basketball. Not as a whole but in terms of throwing, shooting, kicking..... not to mention other playrs have a weapon to poke, pull, push, slash you with 24/7.

physicallity- hockey players hit eachother at insane speeds and have nothing soft to fall on (boards, ice) They hit, fight, and block 100mph shots.

Career length- some players last more than two decades, and are no wilting violets at 40+ years old.

Balance- runing on grass (soccer football baseball) is IMO easier and more natural than skating on thin blades of steel 3 inches above tha ground. It completely changes physical dynamics of movement since you are now abovce the ground.

Length of activity- games go indefinetely in the playoffs and some players have 6 30 sec shifts in a game but onthers spend half the time on the ice ie. pronger, phaneuf....

now factor in the fact that some athletes are team players and others are in individual sport they cannot be compared acurately.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Good post... actually, my impetus for suggesting Crosby was for someone to refute so I can bring up the very points that you did. Hockey is likely the most difficult (or atleast ONE of the) sport that requires the most skill.
cc

I havent heard any hockey players mentioned, before you count them out lets look at the facts.

Controlling an abject with your hands directly is easier IMO than using an object to controll antother, there are way more variables, eg hockey, golf, baseball more difficult than football, soccer, basketball. Not as a whole but in terms of throwing, shooting, kicking..... not to mention other playrs have a weapon to poke, pull, push, slash you with 24/7.

physicallity- hockey players hit eachother at insane speeds and have nothing soft to fall on (boards, ice) They hit, fight, and block 100mph shots.

Career length- some players last more than two decades, and are no wilting violets at 40+ years old.

Balance- runing on grass (soccer football baseball) is IMO easier and more natural than skating on thin blades of steel 3 inches above tha ground. It completely changes physical dynamics of movement since you are now abovce the ground.

Length of activity- games go indefinetely in the playoffs and some players have 6 30 sec shifts in a game but onthers spend half the time on the ice ie. pronger, phaneuf....

now factor in the fact that some athletes are team players and others are in individual sport they cannot be compared acurately.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Good post... actually, my impetus for suggesting Crosby was for someone to refute so I can bring up the very points that you did. Hockey is likely the most difficult (or atleast ONE of the) sport that requires the most skill.
cc
well im not sure about hockey being the most dificult, due to my ignorance of other sports, its hard to have a good opinion of somthing youve never done. But i have played hockey, baseball, rugby, football, golf, MMA so i have opinions about them. For all we know theres some guy in his basement lifting 500 lbs with his balls and breaking cinder blocks with his hammer.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
well im not sure about hockey being the most dificult, due to my ignorance of other sports, its hard to have a good opinion of somthing youve never done. But i have played hockey, baseball, rugby, football, golf, MMA so i have opinions about them. For all we know theres some guy in his basement lifting 500 lbs with his balls and breaking cinder blocks with his hammer.
I meant difficult in terms of skill required... hockey is comprised of so many 'unatural' simultaenous movements. It's like soccer.... only you are not running, you are on skates, you dont use your feet, you use a stick, and there is always the threat of being crushed by some bohemoth and not being glanced by an emacaited 150lbs soccer player.

I think you get my drift.

ahaha, your comment reminded me of the Kenny vs. Spenny episode where they tried to see who could lift the most weight with their penises.

cc

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I meant difficult in terms of skill required... hockey is comprised of so many 'unatural' simultaenous movements. It's like soccer.... only you are not running, you are on skates, you dont use your feet, you use a stick, and there is always the threat of being crushed by some bohemoth and not being glanced by an emacaited 150lbs soccer player.

I think you get my drift.

ahaha, your comment reminded me of the Kenny vs. Spenny episode where they tried to see who could lift the most weight with their penises.

cc
I love how kenny always cheats, ie foam bricks. Yeah dude were on the same page here. FEw of the most awkward sports snowboarding and wake boarding, humans moving sideways WTF and sideways on water WTF when your learing your body is like ok stand facing forward. Hey rugby should be near the top its like a bone cruching marathon 45 minute halfs, run, hit, be hit, be hit, be crushed, have 5 250lb men on your face, get lifted in the air and dropped, hit, run, push and after drinking and singing all night before. Ive played 5 games in a day then wake up with 2 hours sleep and play 4 more all the time drinking in the sun, its INSANE. Im not a big drinker but alot of guys baffle me how they still stand.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I love how kenny always cheats, ie foam bricks. Yeah dude were on the same page here. FEw of the most awkward sports snowboarding and wake boarding, humans moving sideways WTF and sideways on water WTF when your learing your body is like ok stand facing forward. Hey rugby should be near the top its like a bone cruching marathon 45 minute halfs, run, hit, be hit, be hit, be crushed, have 5 250lb men on your face, get lifted in the air and dropped, hit, run, push and after drinking and singing all night before. Ive played 5 games in a day then wake up with 2 hours sleep and play 4 more all the time drinking in the sun, its INSANE. Im not a big drinker but alot of guys baffle me how they still stand.
hahah man i was laughing till the tears flowed when spenny shouted "my balls! MY BALLS!!! THEY WENT UP INSIDE!!" When he was trying to lift the flashlight. hahha he always screams like a little *****.

About rugby, it is a mean game. I just think that hockey is in a league of its own mainly due to the skating. It's a completely unnatural motion that is the method of movement... most other sports utilize running which is 100% natural.

As for wakeboarding and snowboarding, I consider them in the same category as Golf. While they are great sports, and they are sports IMO, you are playing more against yourself than opponents... ie, your opponents cant directly affect your performance. I also believe that this element lifts a sport to another level.

cc

800mrunner

Banned
Awards
one of my buddies thats a baseball player at my school said, "baseball is the only sport you can be out of shape and still do well in other than golf." he's a starter at a d1 school in the big12.

baseball is: who can hit the most balls, pitch the best, or catch the most balls....awesome, but i rather see who can break the most running yards in a game doing trick plays and the like. or a runner shooting for the world record. a 4x4 team battling out in the last 100 meters of a race....thats athletic capability. yet the baseball players still seem very athletic in the eyes of many...

love baseball, but dont think there in the upper level of athletic performance.

AFOX

Awards
Another athlete you have to throw into the mix is swimmer Micheal Phelps. He has been a pro and setting world records since he was 15. He has won Gold in many different events and won over 25 national titles. He is also a multi- millionare, which is impressive in a sport that only gets attention ever 4 years. He is a freak of nature in this sport. most swimmers specialize in only one or two events, but he can swim them all. He makes Mark Spitz look like a joke. Swimming is one of the hardest sports in the world, and combines speed, endurence and skill. He consumes over 10,000 calories a day and is 6'4 190 and ripped to the bone. He also beat out Lebron James for athlete of the year when Lebron was a senior in high school.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Swimming is one of the hardest sports in the world, but IMO not one of the most athletic by a long stretch. It doesn't take much speed or skill, its mostly endurance and a ton of endurance at that. Its who has the most heart more than anything else. I also highly doubt he consumes 10,000 cals a day, and IMO he is not ripped to the bone, looks like a pretty average guy. Not that looks mean **** anyways.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Well i have this discussion over music all the time. My friends say heavy metal is the best music due to the speed and complexity of the music. Whereas i dont like speed and complexity when im listeneing to music.
In terms of an athletei guess the only way to form any resolution youd have to categorize several catergories of athlete.

1. toughest fighter - fedro emelenkovich
2. Best endurance athlete- lance armstrong
3. FAstest athlete- ?
4. Most skilled- bruce lee
5. tougest beard- chuck norris
6. Most dedeicated-?
M.V.P- ?

Then have the best overall, the person who embodies most or all of the outlined qualities. I wouldnt pick any baseball players not because they arent amazing athletes but because their sport doesnt IMo provide sufficient medium to reflect those abilities.

I respect your post and agree Hockey is up their as far as athleticism, but LOL at Fedro Emelenkovich. Oh, and Bruce Lee is the most skilled at what?, acting I hope.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i never spell his name right, not even guys i know ;). I guess it all boils down to one thing, we all think different sports are harder or more challenging. Im just thinkning about how to make it work as we'll never really see eye to eye but we can try to find some common ground. I think bruce lee was an amazingly charismatic man and thought he deserved honorable mention along side chuck norris.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
one of my buddies thats a baseball player at my school said, "baseball is the only sport you can be out of shape and still do well in other than golf." he's a starter at a d1 school in the big12.

baseball is: who can hit the most balls, pitch the best, or catch the most balls....awesome, but i rather see who can break the most running yards in a game doing trick plays and the like. or a runner shooting for the world record. a 4x4 team battling out in the last 100 meters of a race....thats athletic capability. yet the baseball players still seem very athletic in the eyes of many...

love baseball, but dont think there in the upper level of athletic performance.
Bo Jackson........He was an outstanding football and marginaly above average baseball player.
Look im not saying that all baseball players are athletic...look im not even saying that 30% of all baseball players are great athletes. What im saying is that guys that are stealing 30+ bases a year and hitting 30+ HR and winning gold gloves are the ones that are the best "athletes".

NFL FB ARE NOT ATHLETES!!!!!! They are just bull-dozers who are marginaly fast. Im sorry but anyone can run around as fast as they can with pads on and hit people. Hell my grandma can run around and hit things. I feel the only athletes in the NFL are some RB, WR... Mike Vick and a few other QB's. Theres the occasional other positional player who is somewhat athletic.

I have a numebr of friends on D1 and D2 football teams, watching some of the non-skilled position players throw a football or play basketball reminds me of JV High School girl throwing or b-balling.

I give props to whoever said most hockey players are exceptinal althletes

AFOX

Awards
QUOTE=Alexander]Swimming is one of the hardest sports in the world, but IMO not one of the most athletic by a long stretch. It doesn't take much speed or skill, its mostly endurance and a ton of endurance at that. Its who has the most heart more than anything else. I also highly doubt he consumes 10,000 cals a day, and IMO he is not ripped to the bone, looks like a pretty average guy. Not that looks mean **** anyways.[/QUOTE

Not much speed or skill, you are crazy. To master the strokes takes a ton of skill. If you don't believe me go to your local pool and try to swim butterfly. Not only will you look a member of the special olympics, you will puke your guts out after a few lenghts of the pool. And as far as speed goes the 50 and 100 is all fast twitch muscle. Read his book and he breaks down what he eats, and 10,000 is about right. He swims 4 hours a day and logs over 15,000 yards a day. You are very uneducated on what it takes to be an Olympic swimmer. He is for sure one of the best athletes in the world IMO.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
QUOTE=Alexander]Swimming is one of the hardest sports in the world, but IMO not one of the most athletic by a long stretch. It doesn't take much speed or skill, its mostly endurance and a ton of endurance at that. Its who has the most heart more than anything else. I also highly doubt he consumes 10,000 cals a day, and IMO he is not ripped to the bone, looks like a pretty average guy. Not that looks mean **** anyways.[/QUOTE

Not much speed or skill, you are crazy. To master the strokes takes a ton of skill. If you don't believe me go to your local pool and try to swim butterfly. Not only will you look a member of the special olympics, you will puke your guts out after a few lenghts of the pool. And as far as speed goes the 50 and 100 is all fast twitch muscle. Read his book and he breaks down what he eats, and 10,000 is about right. He swims 4 hours a day and logs over 15,000 yards a day. You are very uneducated on what it takes to be an Olympic swimmer. He is for sure one of the best athletes in the world IMO.
A couple nice insults thrown in as usual, its expected. Anyways, I disagree with everything you say. Swimming is extremely basic and compared to other sports it does not take much speed or skill. We disagree its no big deal.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I think being the "best" in terms of an athlete is best measure by dominance in the time/space of the event.

Edwin Moses a 400 meter high hurdler, raced for ten years without being beat in his event!!!( 3 olympic golds and 10 world championships!) He not only held the record for fastest time in his event, held the top ten fastest times ever recorded at one point!!!

Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominent player in the history of team sports. He was unstoppable!!! He accumulated seasons of averaging 50 points per game when the league average was 20!!!!

He averaged 30 rebounds a game when the league average was 10!!

He was so good that he had no competition. Bill Russell was not even close to matching him statistically in their head to head match ups. Chamberlain was a kind hearted man who did not want to dominate his friends. Bill Russell realised this and made sure that he became his friend. Russell was a true champion because he only played to win. Chamberlain played to play. When you watch old film of Chambelain's games it looks like he's not even trying, like he's toying with his little brother(even Russell)

Today I would go with Federer he is flawless, which can be quite boring

Team sports is up for grabs..I'll give it T Owens just to piss people off!(hahah)

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
most of those bulldozers are exceptional athletes.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
How about 1-5 points in the following:speed,strength,endurance,agility,skill,dominance in particular sport for a total of up to 30 points. Sound fair, yeah I didn't think so. Rogue, you are right we will never come to an even consensus, but it's fun to debate. I'm really not trying to be a ****, but I don't understand how someone can think an endurance athlete is the best overall athlete, but to each their own.

AFOX

Awards
I was not trying to insult you Alexander. But, your comments on swimming are way off. To master swimming you have to be skilled. You can have all the heart in the world, but skillfull strokes are the name of the game. Micheal Phelps has spent most of his life develpoping his strokes. Swimmers spend hours doing drills for their strokes. And you say that does not take skill? I spent 12 years coaching club level swimming, so belive me it takes a ton of skill. And as far as speed goes, why do you think they call the 50 free the splash and dash? Because it is a sprint and that means speed.It is just like the 100 meters in track, except they are using their upper body as well as their legs. Gary Hall Jr is not a endurence athlete, he is a sprinter. The only swimmers that are endurence athletes are called distance swimmers. So next time , before making comments about a sport you no nothing about, you should do a little research. Let me see, Micheal Phelps has skill, speed, endurence and is the most dominate swimmer in history. Yeah, I would say that according to your criteria, he is one of the best athletes in the world. If you ask me I would say basketball players are the best athletes in the world.

AFOX

Awards
Your right Rogue, the decathalon has always been the measure of the worlds " Greatest Athlete "

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I was not trying to insult you Alexander. But, your comments on swimming are way off. To master swimming you have to be skilled. You can have all the heart in the world, but skillfull strokes are the name of the game. Micheal Phelps has spent most of his life develpoping his strokes. Swimmers spend hours doing drills for their strokes. And you say that does not take skill? I spent 12 years coaching club level swimming, so belive me it takes a ton of skill. And as far as speed goes, why do you think they call the 50 free the splash and dash? Because it is a sprint and that means speed.It is just like the 100 meters in track, except they are using their upper body as well as their legs. Gary Hall Jr is not a endurence athlete, he is a sprinter. The only swimmers that are endurence athletes are called distance swimmers. So next time , before making comments about a sport you no nothing about, you should do a little research. Let me see, Micheal Phelps has skill, speed, endurence and is the most dominate swimmer in history. Yeah, I would say that according to your criteria, he is one of the best athletes in the world. If you ask me I would say basketball players are the best athletes in the world.
I wasn't referring to Phelps or Hall Jr when I made the comment on endurance athletes. Although some swimming events take more endurance then anything else. I was referring to Lance Armstrong, who most people in this thread said was the best athlete. And based on my criteria Phelps would score: speed-3, strength-2,endurance-4, skill-3, agility-3, dominance-5, for an overall score of 20. Now I'll go with Fedor: speed-4, strength-4, endurance-4, skill-4, agility-4, dominance-5, for an overall score of 25, just my opinion. I'm sure you would score it completely differently. I know swimming takes some level of skill but to me its not even close to other sports. MMA fighters have to learn and perfect such a variety of skills, wrestling, jiu-jitsu, muay-thai, there are so many skills wrapped up in their. Where a swimmer has to perfect a few strokes. Let me know what you think, not trying to p*ss you off.

AFOX

Awards
Thanks Alexander, I think that is more of a fair assesment. I'm a little touchy about swimming because I spent most of my life coaching it. It is always a overlooked sport until the Olympics come around every four years, then Americans love it because we dominate the world. Phelps is a freak because he swims so many different strokes. World records in the 200 fly, 200 IM and 400 IM. And has his sights set on the 200 free and 100 fly( which he won Gold in 2004)
I agree Fedor is unbelivable and that MMA is the toughest sport in the world.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Alexander, I think that is more of a fair assesment. I'm a little touchy about swimming because I spent most of my life coaching it. It is always a overlooked sport until the Olympics come around every four years, then Americans love it because we dominate the world. Phelps is a freak because he swims so many different strokes. World records in the 200 fly, 200 IM and 400 IM. And has his sights set on the 200 free and 100 fly( which he won Gold in 2004)
I agree Fedor is unbelivable and that MMA is the toughest sport in the world.
Phelps is definitely a freak, probably the best swimmer ever based on my limited knowledge. I used to hate Gary Hall Jr., he just seemed like a douchebag. Then I saw him on that show Pros vs Joes and he seemed like a good guy. The event he did had him swimming underwater pulling himself on a monkey bar apparatus, needless to say he looked like a freakin dolphin cruising through their. I saw some previews for the next season of Pros vs Joes and Randy Couture and Roy Jones Jr. will be on next season. That should make for some good t.v.

800mrunner

Banned
Awards
michael johnsen.

if you watch his 400 race (on utube) setting the world record at 43.18 i think he'd be up there in the best of the best, in ya'lls opinion.
his 200 is 19.36...

those are the sickest times EVER!!! jeremy w. will never get close to his 200 time (he's never broken 20), but has the ablility to get closer to his 400 wr....but IMO he wont ever break it, the speed is not there to do so.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, current athlete, but damn Jim Thorpe was one of the best of all time.
Yea thats for damn sure.....what about Jackie Robinson who versity lettered in 4 NCAA sports or Dave Winfeild....who was drafted by the NFL, NBA, ABA, and MLB?

Just an oberservation...both are hall of fame baseball players...lol

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yea thats for damn sure.....what about Jackie Robinson who versity lettered in 4 NCAA sports or Dave Winfeild....who was drafted by the NFL, NBA, ABA, and MLB?

Just an oberservation...both are hall of fame baseball players...lol
Yeah, those two are great mentions too, especially Jackie Robinson. Jim Brown is another guy who pretty much dominated anything he participated in.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
michael johnsen.

if you watch his 400 race (on utube) setting the world record at 43.18 i think he'd be up there in the best of the best, in ya'lls opinion.
his 200 is 19.36...

those are the sickest times EVER!!! jeremy w. will never get close to his 200 time (he's never broken 20), but has the ablility to get closer to his 400 wr....but IMO he wont ever break it, the speed is not there to do so.
Yeah, Michael Johnson was incredible. When he ran it looked so effortless, no strain, like some type of hybrid human gazelle.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, those two are great mentions too, especially Jackie Robinson. Jim Brown is another guy who pretty much dominated anything he participated in.
Yea he was deffiinatley was. Is it me or did he seem to be ahead of his time with his size and ability

I metion Dave Winfeild but he doesnt seem to get any love for what he accomplished in his carrer. Truley a modest man and i think thats why i respect what he accomplished more.

I wonder how many pro athletes could do what these men did in the past, Jim Borwn, Jim Thorpe, Jackie RObinson, Dave Winfeild. Becuase caoches are so big now a day on specializing in one with some sport seaons ruuning all year w/ AAU and things like that

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Jim Brown was definitely ahead of his time, he would be a top guy nowadays. It definitely sucks that guys like Dave Winfield would be more popular if they were not as humble or more outspoken. The true fan respects guys like that more, and thats all that matters. Barry Sanders comes to mind, can't think of anyone more humble then him.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
the best athelete in the world? hmmmmmmmmm, your looking at him! LOL!

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Jim Brown was definitely ahead of his time, he would be a top guy nowadays. It definitely sucks that guys like Dave Winfield would be more popular if they were not as humble or more outspoken. The true fan respects guys like that more, and thats all that matters. Barry Sanders comes to mind, can't think of anyone more humble then him.

Yeah Barry should be a model for all the athletes of today. I think LT is built in the similar mold, but it's getting harder to find guys that are truly humble in sports any more.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, Michael Johnson was incredible. When he ran it looked so effortless, no strain, like some type of hybrid human gazelle.
Does anybody remember when Michael Johnson and Donovan Bailey were racing to determine who was the 'World's Fastest Man' after the Atlanta Olympics? I believe both had set world records that Olympics, Bailey in the 100m and Johnson in the 200m (?). So they ended up going 'head-to-head' in a 150m dash, and Johnson pulled up lame. That was a kind of funny event, sprinting combatants!

As a result, I wouldn't place a vote for Johnson, not simply because he pulled up lame but because you couldn't definitively call him the greatest sprinter of his generation. As a side note, I believe the Canadians won the relay that year as well.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody remember when Michael Johnson and Donovan Bailey were racing to determine who was the 'World's Fastest Man' after the Atlanta Olympics? I believe both had set world records that Olympics, Bailey in the 100m and Johnson in the 200m (?). So they ended up going 'head-to-head' in a 150m dash, and Johnson pulled up lame. That was a kind of funny event, sprinting combatants!
That was awesome, looked to me at the time like johnson was worried he'd lose so he went lame. have you seen donovan speaking around the country, he seems like a douchebag but fast in the past.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That was awesome, looked to me at the time like johnson was worried he'd lose so he went lame. have you seen donovan speaking around the country, he seems like a douchebag but fast in the past.
Yeah, he's a **** and I don't feel he always represented Canada the most responsibly. Due to injuries he kind of fell apart after '96 as well.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryuicuQyR0"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Here's Bailey torching Johnson long before he pulled up lame, not trying to be arrogant or ethnocentric, but it's hard to deny that Bailey likely would have won regardless.

EDIT: As a sidenote, I wonder if the announcer was swinging on Johnson's jock while we has running?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know, the more I watch him, the more that I think that Sidney Crosby may be on the short list. He is only 19 and leading the league in points.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know, the more I watch him, the more that I think that Sidney Crosby may be on the short list. He is only 19 and leading the league in points.
He could be up there for sure. I know that even though Ovechkin isn't that far behind him in the points race (4 points right now I believe) I still feel Crosby has a greater skill set.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He could be up there for sure. I know that even though Ovechkin isn't that far behind him in the points race (4 points right now I believe) I still feel Crosby has a greater skill set.
Yeah, I think Crosby has a slight edge on Ovechkin, and I'm from D.C.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Barry should be a model for all the athletes of today. I think LT is built in the similar mold, but it's getting harder to find guys that are truly humble in sports any more.
Yeah, LT is a class act for sure. Not only is he the best player in the NFL, he has the best attitude.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, LT is a class act for sure. Not only is he the best player in the NFL, he has the best attitude.
And he was in the WWF. He fought Bam Bam Bigelow, wait, wrong LT.

:)

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
And he was in the WWF. He fought Bam Bam Bigelow, wait, wrong LT.

:)
:clap2: Did you ever watch the Toughman Challenge on FX? LT and Matt Vasgersian were the commentators, but LT fought once or twice. He wasn't skilled and was old and out of shape, but he put some serious heart into it. I wanna say he fought Icky Woods, but I can't remember. Phil Baroni competed too, and as you might guess he tried to do a lot of illegal **** and was extremely obnoxious.